lmaoxd321

Jul 10, 2021
I love the main menu music ( ).. really makes me feel like a slave trader in a dystopian world trying to climb the ranks of society - too blackpilled to improve it or change the status quo.

From a lowly bum living in the slums living in a house without a kitchen or a bathroom - where even my slave would throw pity on me in the beginning - to the ranks of an elite at minute 2:14 (especially when the violins (or cello?) comes in) - owning a mansion in white town with multiple farm 'animals'.

From a novice 'trainer' not even knowing the ropes of slave trading, to learning them from some good contact teacher in the same slums, to having their first BIG BREAK by serving some 'minor elite' from one of the major houses - getting the right to live there, to being just another slave trader - loyal to a particular house, to making connections with other houses, to BACKSTABBING and being BACKSTABBED by your own house, and having another break at white town - FINALLY being rich enough to hold your own auctions, and then burning it all to the ground.

AAAHHH!! This game has just SO MUCH POTENTIAL MAN!! This Universe is amazing - probably because its not very well defined! I'm a starry eyed fan.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Finally gamedevs will spend more time on game mechanics, writing plots and characters (no they will not, but hope dies last)
You mean gamedevs in general or us? :KappaPride:

Because that's in our plans, but being not professional writers it'll take us a while to deliberate (we better not contradict the lore or ruin the tone). And for now we still haven't implemented the IA new art into the game.

I love the main menu music ( ).. really makes me feel like a slave trader in a dystopian world trying to climb the ranks of society - too blackpilled to improve it or change the status quo.

From a lowly bum living in the slums living in a house without a kitchen or a bathroom - where even my slave would throw pity on me in the beginning - to the ranks of an elite at minute 2:14 (especially when the violins (or cello?) comes in) - owning a mansion in white town with multiple farm 'animals'.

From a novice 'trainer' not even knowing the ropes of slave trading, to learning them from some good contact teacher in the same slums, to having their first BIG BREAK by serving some 'minor elite' from one of the major houses - getting the right to live there, to being just another slave trader - loyal to a particular house, to making connections with other houses, to BACKSTABBING and being BACKSTABBED by your own house, and having another break at white town - FINALLY being rich enough to hold your own auctions, and then burning it all to the ground.

AAAHHH!! This game has just SO MUCH POTENTIAL MAN!! This Universe is amazing - probably because its not very well defined! I'm a starry eyed fan.
It's so nice that this music clicked with you. I indeed paid a lot of attention to orchestration and story-telling. This song to me evoked a bit of every area of the game. From the dirty distortion at the beginning that bring to mind the unforgiving first areas, put behind a classical waltz, with some more modern effects near the end; a mix of musical genres and production gimmicks that evoke the patchwork of sceneries as well as the multi-universe technologies you can find accross Eternal Rome.

And the notes are beautiful. Could be the melancholy of your slave whose freedom was taken away. Or your calm yet evolving feelings as a slaver who is doing what he loves, in a world finally free of moral taboos, which is however dangerous for him, but only awaiting for him to master its rules and rank above everyone else. :coffee:

... Also thank you for the kind words on the 5 stars rating. You are (like everyone here) welcome to contribute to the game developpment if you feel like it. I would suggest finishing it up first ^^ And after that taking a look at the roadmap to see if something inspires you, or maybe some ideas are missing and you could try to work on them (y)

narrisen

Feb 11, 2022
You mean gamedevs in general or us? :KappaPride:
In general, games that are made for profit, but gamedevs lack any idea in narrative aspect.
You guys are great, bugfixes come almost immediatly.

I've read that master's degree of a complaining about lore by some anon pages and pages ago. But I didn't see any concept behind it. I have no idea how to implement a storyline with quests without ruining balance.
Game could use some competition for clients between guild members, rivalries, consequences of choosing a noble house e.g. fights between houses (but fighting mechanics have to be changed for that. Alas, I'm really bad with math to suggest anything in that regard.)
Some ideas from russian version are interesting, like red lights district, or possibility to sell both slave and assistant as one item (sadistic assistent and masochistic slave for client for example). But mostly it's just mishmash of ideas, different styles, both graphically and ideologically, with almost no consistency. And that's a really big turn-off for this genre of a game.

Also I would recommend for you guys to read a book called "Pimp: The Story of My Life" by Iceberg Slim. That's basically an autobiography of a pimp from 40s, 50s and 60s, that can be used as an inspiration base for plot and quests.

• Red Heart
Reactions: qwertyu12359

narrisen

Feb 11, 2022
Does slaver have a rank btw? Maybe it would make a sence to implement a hidden rank as a summary of slaver's personality, and as slaver progresses/degradates, his icon would be changed? It's feels really strange for Johny to be called Johny and having a coomer face when he's rich renowed herculean aristocrat living in white town.
Also would be interesting to have "bad eyesight" trait (maybe hidden at first?), which gives debuff to accounting, medicine and schooling without wearing glasses.

RustedBunny

Jul 4, 2020
Hey guys,
Is taking 3 points out of Empathy for milking an fiend, bug or design? Also why suppressing an orgasm doesn't give empathy points anymore? Is there any point in that option right now? or is that a but as well?

Imo having fiend is unplayable now, since I need to pretty much train slave and waste her just to get some mucus...

Also from time to time I seem to lose health of my slaves, and I don't know why. Health loss when occurs, it drops I think 3 health every day, for three days and than stops, its pretty annoying on weak slaves, since they are useless for much longer time before I can pack that stamina of theirs to fulfill my orders.

edit:
Another thing I noticed is that with each night my slave get traces of beatings. The only new thing Im doing it milking an fiend

Last edited:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Hey guys,
Is taking 3 points out of Empathy for milking an fiend, bug or design? Also why suppressing an orgasm doesn't give empathy points anymore? Is there any point in that option right now? or is that a but as well?

Imo having fiend is unplayable now, since I need to pretty much train slave and waste her just to get some mucus...

Also from time to time I seem to lose health of my slaves, and I don't know why. Health loss when occurs, it drops I think 3 health every day, for three days and than stops, its pretty annoying on weak slaves, since they are useless for much longer time before I can pack that stamina of theirs to fulfill my orders.

edit:
Another thing I noticed is that with each night my slave get traces of beatings. The only new thing Im doing it milking an fiend
Yes, I think milking a Lovecraftian horror should have some effect on a slave's mental health. I found it far from unplayable though. I didn't notice overwhelming downsides to my assistant having a low empathy score. It seems like a fair trade off for the food and valuable alchemical components.

I'm not sure what is causing your slaves to lose health, for me it's usually that I worked them too hard and dropped their energy into deficit. Easy to do when they have rules to complete at the end of the day and no energy. If you provide more details you might get some better advice.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hey guys,
It's by design while the slave's milking skill is below A+. Same for the health impact and bruising. At S+ milking skill, the slave can actually gain empathy from fiend milking. Make of that what you will.

Lots of possible reasons to lose some health. Calorie deficit, energy deficit, drugs, illness, pregnancy, etc. Checked at the medical center?

Jun 28, 2020
Does slaver have a rank btw?
He does. There is guild reputation, brand status and personality amongst other stats

Maybe it would make a sence to implement a hidden rank as a summary of slaver's personality
That's essentially what personality stat does... unless you mean something else

and as slaver progresses/degradates his icon would be changed?
I guess it's doable, but that would imply x + images for each slaver "rank".

It's feels really strange for Johny to be called Johny and having a coomer face when he's rich renowed herculean aristocrat living in white town.
It... is indeed, at least his allure should be capped or something.

Also would be interesting to have "bad eyesight" trait (maybe hidden at first?), which gives debuff to accounting, medicine and schooling without wearing glasses.
I think I saw that feature in "free cities", having to pay for eye correction surgery for that doesn't sound bad, although that would imply adding a bunch of other stuff alongside it. I may be wrong but there is a "real illness" topic in the roadmap, it could fit there.

Reactions: ebemise42069

minester

Sep 28, 2022
Whenever I try to run the game, I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
I have all 4 of the Visual C++ things downloaded, I uninstalled them and reinstalled them and everything and no matter what I do I get this error.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: qwertyu12359

RustedBunny

Jul 4, 2020
It's by design while the slave's milking skill is below A+. Same for the health impact and bruising. At S+ milking skill, the slave can actually gain empathy from fiend milking. Make of that what you will.
Hmm good to know, actually tried to level up milking skill, but it took me ages to level up to B, so I gave up :d (Im leveling up Isabella, so I guess its going as fast as it can considering her perks, thats pretty slow IMO)

Lots of possible reasons to lose some health. Calorie deficit, energy deficit, drugs, illness, pregnancy, etc. Checked at the medical center?
Hmm I tested that by fulfilling all the tasks slave has for day, so she wouldnt do anything "at night", and it still depleted (checked at medical center also). Whats interesting is that it happens for me only with Isabella, I have had it happen on previous patch as well, but it didnt stop at any point back then, couldnt figure out why was it happening.
Its possible Im mixing something up, so will try to find repo steps

Edit: Changed Milking skill C to B (verified it just now, and I made an mistake)

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Whenever I try to run the game, I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"
I have all 4 of the Visual C++ things downloaded, I uninstalled them and reinstalled them and everything and no matter what I do I get this error.
Windows Media Foundation. It is responsible for the media backend on JONT, install Windows Media Player to get the libraries installed that provide it. Also, you need two different versions of MSVC. One for JONT, one for one of the libs it uses. Can't recall which.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hmm good to know, actually tried to level up milking skill, but it took me ages to level up to B, so I gave up :d (Im leveling up Isabella, so I guess its going as fast as it can considering her perks, thats pretty slow IMO)
Fiend maturity affects how many lessons are needed to improve milking skill.

Hmm I tested that by fulfilling all the tasks slave has for day, so she wouldnt do anything "at night", and it still depleted (checked at medical center also). Whats interesting is that it happens for me only with Isabella, I have had it happen on previous patch as well, but it didnt stop at any point back then, couldnt figure out why was it happening.
Long term effect from faerie pollen? What does she say when you ask her how she is feeling?

minester

Sep 28, 2022
Windows Media Foundation. It is responsible for the media backend on JONT, install Windows Media Player to get the libraries installed that provide it. Also, you need two different versions of MSVC. One for JONT, one for one of the libs it uses. Can't recall which.
So, I went and checked for the Windows Media Player and I saw that it was installed, so just in case I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it. But, for the MSVC part of what you said, could you maybe please explain further? I'm not very knowledgeable in this sort of stuff and don't really know what I'm doing

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So, I went and checked for the Windows Media Player and I saw that it was installed, so just in case I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it. But, for the MSVC part of what you said, could you maybe please explain further? I'm not very knowledgeable in this sort of stuff and don't really know what I'm doing
One thing that comes to mind is that Windows Media Player wouldn't install everything needed.

Usually you don't need anything with a normal version of Windows, but something called Windows N will be stripped away.

The solution is to download that:

If that doesn't work, what could help are step by step screenshots of how you downloaded the four Visual Studio links. :coffee:

minester

Sep 28, 2022
One thing that comes to mind is that Windows Media Player wouldn't install everything needed.

Usually you don't need anything with a normal version of Windows, but something called Windows N will be stripped away.

The solution is to download that:

If that doesn't work, what could help are step by step screenshots of how you downloaded the four Visual Studio links. :coffee:
How do I know which one of these I need to download? Obviously one of the Windows 10 but there's like 8 of those. 1668973750023.png

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
How do I know which one of these I need to download? Obviously one of the Windows 10 but there's like 8 of those.
You could try using this tool to check for specifically what you are missing and then search the Internet to see which package contains the missing thing:

There's some discussion in the thread from a bit before this post and onwards for a bit that might be helpful to you (although it didn't solve the issue for the person who reported it at the time): https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6382253

Particularly enabling Windows Media through the control panel seems like it's worth checking in your case.

minester

Sep 28, 2022
So I did this, right, and I figured out I have version 22H2 for Windows 10. I then went to the website and clicked on the section for this, but all the things listed there just say that it would already be in the "Add a Feature" section of Windows that I also used for the media player, but whenever I search it there there is no media feature pack or anything. There is also no download for it listed on the website because it says for this version of Windows 10 it should be a part of the "Add a Feature" section (but it's not) and I'm hesitant to just go searching for it on the internet because who knows what I may accidently end up downloading.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes