wryter

Aug 15, 2020
Sorry, this game is so amazing that whatever that can be added will make it even greater. Thanks for the considerations.

One of two last ideas for now is that I understand you have collars, clothes, etc. but they are not shown on the character full body preview. Coming from a programming background, I was thinking you could put currently worn alpha-transparent images on the character preview. You click on the item image with your mouse and can drag it around so that it will theoretically fit, then save the (x, y) position of where it is placed. Not all will work given the different character poses, but some could work. Collars and small items for some. You could resize and move it to make it fit as much as possible.

Last, maybe a rule is letting the master washing the slave, as the current rule is only the slave washing the master. Random messages share how it went.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020
Sorry, this game is so amazing that whatever that can be added will make it even greater. Thanks for the considerations.

One of two last ideas for now is that I understand you have collars, clothes, etc. but they are not shown on the character full body preview. Coming from a programming background, I was thinking you could put currently worn alpha-transparent images on the character preview. You click on the item image with your mouse and can drag it around so that it will theoretically fit, then save the (x, y) position of where it is placed. Not all will work given the different character poses, but some could work. Collars and small items for some. You could resize and move it to make it fit as much as possible.

Last, maybe a rule is letting the master washing the slave, as the current rule is only the slave washing the master. Random messages share how it went.
if you dig some pages deeper, you'll find some discussions about using stable diffusion to achieve that (like a month or 2 ago) and it's currently on the way... well, kinda.

Jun 28, 2020
Thanks for the thoughts. By the way, where do I get the collar?
You'll find most of the collars in Necropolis -> Steel Rose, 3 in BDSM paraphernalia and 1 in animal paraphernalia, there is also another one in White Town -> Ashura's Treasury -> Fashionable Accessories, there are other 2 accessories for the neck under the Women's Jewelry, all of them have their pros and cons, you can see them here

The wiki is outdated so it may not be 100% accurate.
Also, to avoid your slave from escaping, you'll need the collar AND the slave must be branded, there are 3 ways to brand a slave, tattoo (Outcasts -> Patterns of Uncle Bo), Cast the spell Adverto Servili (slaver's magic must be S rank for that), and finally if you have a dungeon and your slave is not branded, by clicking in the slave's portrait, in the anatomy section you'll find a part that says "NO BRAND" you can click on it and the slave will be branded with a hot iron, in addition, if you get a contract in the guild then the slave will come branded automatically by the guild.

jjm152

Oct 25, 2018
I think that showing every internal variable would devolve the gameplay into a spreadsheet simulator. Since you can see outcomes described after every interaction and you can quicksave/quickload before an interaction, you can easily experiment with different outfits to see how they affect the outcome of that interaction, so the lack of every detail being shown doesn't mean that you need to dig into the source code to find a way to improve your outcomes. Still, it's an open source game and community contributions are welcome, so if you have the ability to implement a UI overlay that shows detailed item effects and wish to contribute it, I'm not opposed to adding it to the game as an option for those who want it; personally, I wouldn't use it.

The fluffy paws item description notes that they are not functional. Imagine trying to perform any kind of task involving your hands while wearing paws like that. You can't use your thumbs and you can't pick things up with one hand because you can't grip them. It's as if your arms ended at the wrist, but worse, because the paws are wider than your arms, awkwardly shaped, and soft. I think a performance penalty makes perfect sense here.
I used to have this sort of attitude as well for my own game, Queen of the Seas, but eventually I realized I was just being a dick and the gameplay experience wasn't "mysterious" or didn't encourage experimentation, it just made it annoying for people. So instead I implemented a system whereas you use items, attributes get revealed and stored in a knowledge bank and appear on the item. This encouraged people to experiment with the different items they ran across and gave them tangible rewards in terms of "knowledge" in a lore friendly way.

Point being - there are other ways to reveal this kind of information without the game devolving into a "spread sheet simulator" if you actually take the criticism on board and reflect on it instead of dismissing it out of hand.

Reactions: Gussifriz

jjm152

Oct 25, 2018
Weird bug -

Started a new game, contract slave caught a beating that dropped hear beauty down to Ugly and it never recovered when the bruises went away. Okay, fine, I'll get her neoplasty and dump her - nope, neoplasty also fails to raise her beauty - guess this woman is just ugly now.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Weird bug -

Started a new game, contract slave caught a beating that dropped hear beauty down to Ugly and it never recovered when the bruises went away. Okay, fine, I'll get her neoplasty and dump her - nope, neoplasty also fails to raise her beauty - guess this woman is just ugly now.
Check her Anatomy tab for negative factors affecting her appearance. She is overweight, which lowers her beauty. Her natural beauty wasn't very high so even with Neoplasty it wasn't enough to overcome the weight penalty. You can either manage her diet and calories so she loses weight or arrange for her to win enough battles in the arena to increase her fame so she can qualify for a higher rating. Or you can sell her to the butcher, who doesn't care about her rating...

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Point being - there are other ways to reveal this kind of information
We’ve revised item descriptions to hint at their effects. Anything that reveals item effects in detail would either have to show the code itself (leaving interpretation to the user), be custom written for many items, or be written with enough sophistication to account for conditional effects. If someone wants to code this and contribute it, I’ve already said I’m open to adding it for those who want it.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay what stat "shows malice in the eyes", work on a girl for well over 5 decades to get to S+ and now its saying they can see malice in the eyes. One of the stats is to high or something but the hell if I can figure it out.

What stat is use for "devotion" requirement, she is not devoted enough is what the npc says.
There is no stat I can now raise because there all maxed out.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Okay what stat "shows malice in the eyes", work on a girl for well over 5 decades to get to S+ and now its saying they can see malice in the eyes. One of the stats is to high or something but the hell if I can figure it out.
Probably low charm. Check the slave's Anatomy tab.

What stat is use for "devotion" requirement, she is not devoted enough is what the npc says.
There is no stat I can now raise because there all maxed out.
Which NPC says that?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Probably low charm. Check the slave's Anatomy tab.

Which NPC says that?
The pope, the one you have to give the slave for free.

Everything in the anatomy tab was green.

Got fed up with it and sold both of those slaves and just wont do them.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The pope, the one you have to give the slave for free.

Everything in the anatomy tab was green.

Got fed up with it and sold both of those slaves and just wont do them.
After a charm refusal you have to wait 10 days before trying again (unless you reload a saved game from before the refusal).

wryter

Aug 15, 2020
There's a slave art I really like (and specific characteristics I'm interested in), but it takes about 30-60 minutes sometimes to find one that's fitting. Is there a faster way? It'd be neat to set a custom slave to meet my interests: intelligent, proud, etc. basically a strong character. It takes so long to find one that meets those interests and the art, so I'm reloading and reloading at the auction. And the art doesn't appear as frequent as others, which I found odd. It might take 7-50 cycles in the auction before it pops up again. Others appear to pop up more frequent. To make it fit in the game, perhaps you can go to a guild and request one that meets the face and stat requirements.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There's a slave art I really like (and specific characteristics I'm interested in), but it takes about 30-60 minutes sometimes to find one that's fitting. Is there a faster way? It'd be neat to set a custom slave to meet my interests: intelligent, proud, etc. basically a strong character. It takes so long to find one that meets those interests and the art, so I'm reloading and reloading at the auction. And the art doesn't appear as frequent as others, which I found odd. It might take 7-50 cycles in the auction before it pops up again. Others appear to pop up more frequent. To make it fit in the game, perhaps you can go to a guild and request one that meets the face and stat requirements.
You could always start a new game on easy mode and then use the cheats to get what you want.

wryter

Aug 15, 2020
You could always start a new game on easy mode and then use the cheats to get what you want.
If it makes the game easier as it implies, I don't want the game set to that mode. Right now I have Custom Game with difficulty set to Normal. To clarify I'm not talking about changing my character's face but the slave.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If it makes the game easier as it implies, I don't want the game set to that mode. Right now I have Custom Game with difficulty set to Normal. To clarify I'm not talking about changing my character's face but the slave.
You could go check out the modding section on the wiki and change out the pics that are used for the ones you want.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
There's a slave art I really like
If the slave's natural beauty is below S+ you can use Neoplasty in the medical center to select a different appearance. All appearances except unique characters for the same maturity level are available for selection. The guild also offers custom orders where you can specify certain desired attributes. In combination, these two methods might reduce the amount of effort you need to expend in your search.

Jun 28, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: ah fuck, I missed a whole page, didn't saw it had already been answered

wryter

Aug 15, 2020
Thanks. There's so much to learn in this game but am loving it.
By the way I think I found an error: At the start of a new game in the house with the flowers on the table, it has nice piano music. Click End of the Day, and it goes back to the slum music. I assume it's a bug but maybe it's based on mood too.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes