StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I can't Make them Jump into Other place always the Slums
Starting with a residence other than the slums would take a large number of code changes. This would likely be difficult because it would touch many parts of the game's code, causing many bugs unless planned for and executed with extreme care. I won't say that it can't be done and you're more than welcome to give it a try.

Any master should be able to rent a residence in their starting faction on the first day, if they have enough sparks.

Reactions: JoeAngel

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
1690327454727.png Ive got Problem the only place Available is that Quarter of The Bull it's 100 every 10 days and there is something else To win you enter the race why is your number 100 even when you jump to be 4 or 3 ? and it's so hard to win the race to

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
Most of the info you need can be found on the wiki;

If youre able to get to D- then that's a good start. A few general rules;

- Dont let spoiled go beyond 1. In fact dont let it go past 0 at all. Its one of the hardest things to reduce as the game progresses.
- If you get fear to 3 then usually they'll be D-, at that point the criteria to focus on would be awareness, taming and habit. Taming and habit are more easily obtained because you can just put on her leather collars and crown of thorns, awareness is raised by praising/punishing appropriately. Most of these you'll have to figure out the best way for yourself, because slaves differ according to many stats and everyone has a different way of approaching this game.
- Always start the day with explaining position, until the game tells you its not going to work anymore.
- Keep your slaves happy for the most part. The 'encourage' function is one of the best moves in the game. Make sure to use it and use it wisely.
Spoiling is annoying and should definitely be dealt with quickly. Make her sleep on the floor, don't give her rewards, and try to "put her in her place" to get it down asap. I personally think Despair is worse, because once they start getting despair, they can quickly get low sanity and it is extremely difficult to raise Temperament and Nature (it takes a long long time).

You basically also HAVE to keep your slave happy. I've never been able to train a slave that wasn't happy. Honestly, when I have to punish a slave, I basically only use Psychological Pressure, Shaming or Bondage. Violence just decreases their Endurance, gives them scar and easily puts them in a downwards spiral of despair.
If anyone finds a way to make good use of all the punishment types, I'd like to know how to do that.

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
qwertyu12359 Do you know if there's still being done any balance changes to the game?

To me, it seems like a lot of the rewards/punishments could use some balance tweaks. Especially the ones that cost Energy and affect Endurance. I almost never give my slaves free time because of the energy it requires. A lot of the time, it's not even possible to use Garden of Gethsemane or Golden Cage, because the slave doesn't have enough energy. Seems odd to me because it doesn't feel like relaxing in the garden or golden cage should really require much or any energy.
In fact, if I may be so bold - Did you ever consider implementing a Calendar/Time Management system instead of the energy system? While I do think it makes sense that low endurance slaves have less energy to do fewer exhausting things during the day, I don't really see that "an hour of rest" or "an hour of fun" would necessarily require any energy at all - but it would require time.
So let's say every day was split into Early Morning (4-7) ((for the slavers that like to get their slaves up real early)), Morning (7-10) Late Morning/Noon (10-12) Lunch (12-13) Afternoon (13-17) Late Afternoon/Early Evening (17-20) Late Evening (20-23).
Or something like that (could really be any arbitrary partition of the day), and then plot in the slave's daily routine, limiting of course how many Energy-Heavy tasks she could participate in before running out of energy and needing a rest.

Well, that was a bit of a side-track. But I do think there's plenty of areas the game could benefit from balance tweaking and a few re-works of some of the game mechanics, because all in all, it really is one of the best (if not the best) slave management games out there.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwertyu12359 Do you know if there's still being done any balance changes to the game?

To me, it seems like a lot of the rewards/punishments could use some balance tweaks. Especially the ones that cost Energy and affect Endurance. I almost never give my slaves free time because of the energy it requires. A lot of the time, it's not even possible to use Garden of Gethsemane or Golden Cage, because the slave doesn't have enough energy. Seems odd to me because it doesn't feel like relaxing in the garden or golden cage should really require much or any energy.
In fact, if I may be so bold - Did you ever consider implementing a Calendar/Time Management system instead of the energy system? While I do think it makes sense that low endurance slaves have less energy to do fewer exhausting things during the day, I don't really see that "an hour of rest" or "an hour of fun" would necessarily require any energy at all - but it would require time.
So let's say every day was split into Early Morning (4-7) ((for the slavers that like to get their slaves up real early)), Morning (7-10) Late Morning/Noon (10-12) Lunch (12-13) Afternoon (13-17) Late Afternoon/Early Evening (17-20) Late Evening (20-23).
Or something like that (could really be any arbitrary partition of the day), and then plot in the slave's daily routine, limiting of course how many Energy-Heavy tasks she could participate in before running out of energy and needing a rest.

Well, that was a bit of a side-track. But I do think there's plenty of areas the game could benefit from balance tweaking and a few re-works of some of the game mechanics, because all in all, it really is one of the best (if not the best) slave management games out there.
We definitely had debates with ImperatorAugustusTertius that went back and forth about this precise issue.

I do also think that an hour of rest shouldn't make the slave spend energy, but be neutral or earning some. Yet we do notice every now and then that "energy" in the game is kind of a weird mix between "time left" and "stamina".

We reached a great difficulty balance in v2.2.1 and v2.2.3. People were complaining that v2.0 was "made for noobs" and that v2.2.2 was close to impossible. Now in a year we received almost 0 complain for the difficulty, it's back in the realm of "hard but fair" like in the original design.

So while I like your suggestion, the domino effect it would have on the difficulty is almost incalculable. I think it's already in the roadmap, so we'll eventually know, one day (y)

Reactions: StJesuz and Svenn85

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Spoiling is annoying and should definitely be dealt with quickly. Make her sleep on the floor, don't give her rewards, and try to "put her in her place" to get it down asap. I personally think Despair is worse, because once they start getting despair, they can quickly get low sanity and it is extremely difficult to raise Temperament and Nature (it takes a long long time).

You basically also HAVE to keep your slave happy. I've never been able to train a slave that wasn't happy. Honestly, when I have to punish a slave, I basically only use Psychological Pressure, Shaming or Bondage. Violence just decreases their Endurance, gives them scar and easily puts them in a downwards spiral of despair.
If anyone finds a way to make good use of all the punishment types, I'd like to know how to do that.
Despair is bad, but isn't as bad as spoiling, because its pretty easy to get rid of. I rarely ever have a slave that isn't at least on despair 2 on the early parts, because you'd want her fear up at least by 2 rather quickly so she'll at least be workable. Just gift her the blanket, go on dates, spring baths etc. Usually by the time I get them to D+ the despairs long gone.

Spoiling requires me to put her in the dungeon, and sleeping on the floor reduces stam, so its technically worse than despair.

You can use violence, sometimes with certain slaves its nearly unavoidable, but never go beyond necessary, and certainly never above the guilt meter. The key is to raise their fear so they're at least workable, no further than that.

I should perhaps mention that Im doing all this because in this game you're sort of pushed to get results quickly. You can grind your slave slowly so you dont ever need to raise her fear at all, but the game is pretty harsh in that if youre too slow you'll lose more money than you get off your slave. For me, they'd have to be D- within 3 days, or Id consider it a failure.

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
View attachment 2800507 Ive got Problem the only place Available is that Quarter of The Bull it's 100 every 10 days and there is something else To win you enter the race why is your number 100 even when you jump to be 4 or 3 ? and it's so hard to win the race to
If youre aiming to win those pony races, just be warned that you need a slave with S+ for pony racing, a load of gear (about 100 sparks in total I think), her endurance should be ideally S+, and I heard that temperament plays a part too

And even then you'll still need some luck and lots of save scumming. In other words, its not easy, and the rewards are paltry as well. Not really worth it in my opinion.

As for the place availability, to rent other areas you need to raise your rank with them i.e. you need to sell slaves to the residence within that area.

sddony

Jun 2, 2022
I'm from Jack-HF2.21, I downloaded this version 2.23 and played for two days. I found this version too difficult, I started with Fenris and tried many times and couldn't survive each time. After I modified the money, I bought a slave with high intelligence and used various methods to tame her. I wanted to experiment with the process first, and ended up spending $4000+ and 100 days to train her to a B-, and I used her as an assistant. Then I bought another one with S in stamina and intelligence, and it was still F- after 20 days of training, obedience and a red flash. And my teaching skills have been maintained at D-I wonder if the bugs will not increase? As long as the slaves are rewarded to rest, like hot springs, no matter how many slaves have merits, they will definitely add a devotion. I think this game must start with a slave master character with a high initial skill, the attribute increase is too slow. I have changed money and have no motivation to continue playing.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I'm from Jack-HF2.21, I downloaded this version 2.23 and played for two days.
Jack-HF2.21 doesn't exist. The last HF (Hongfire) version is v1.7.5. So either you've played the HF version indeed and it was v1.7.5 or you played v2.2.1 and it was ours. Based on how long you haven't played, you might have inherited habits that don't work anymore (fixed exploits, rebalance mechanics which make old advice or strategies not optimal, etc.).

However, there's a consensus that v2.2.3 is in the bullpark of difficulty as all other "good" versions (1.7.3, 1.7.5 and 2.2.1).

It is our will to respect the legacy of the game and respect the original intent of the dev', which was "challenging but still fair". This version especially was made with room for experiments and errors so it would be possible to survive the early game without needing a perfect run.

I found this version too difficult, I started with Fenris and tried many times and couldn't survive each time. After I modified the money, I bought a slave with high intelligence and used various methods to tame her. I wanted to experiment with the process first, and ended up spending $4000+ and 100 days to train her to a B-, and I used her as an assistant. Then I bought another one with S in stamina and intelligence, and it was still F- after 20 days of training, obedience and a red flash.
There is definitely room for improvement. You have many tools at your disposal to make training more efficient. With each playthrough, going back to the tutorial, and maybe reading some of the guides posted here, you'll see that you hadn't reached your full potential as a trainer.

And my teaching skills have been maintained at D-I wonder if the bugs will not increase? As long as the slaves are rewarded to rest, like hot springs, no matter how many slaves have merits, they will definitely add a devotion. I think this game must start with a slave master character with a high initial skill, the attribute increase is too slow.
Not a bug, it takes longer time for you to train your stats passively. You're not taking lessons yourself, but giving them, so you're not focused on improving, and therefore take longer time.

So if you look at it rationally, your stats as a trainer improve at a normal rate. You can even, if I'm not mistaken, go from 0 to hero in all stats in half a playthrough, and then enjoy the rest at max stats until becoming patrician. Perfectly doable even without spamming much.

I have changed money and have no motivation to continue playing.
Too bad, but don't discourage yourself. Many people didn't see the ending of Dark Souls in their first playthrough, but then they went back to it and it became a staple of "fun difficulty". Should be about the same for JONT. (y)

Reactions: StJesuz

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
If youre aiming to win those pony races, just be warned that you need a slave with S+ for pony racing, a load of gear (about 100 sparks in total I think), her endurance should be ideally S+, and I heard that temperament plays a part too

And even then you'll still need some luck and lots of save scumming. In other words, its not easy, and the rewards are paltry as well. Not really worth it in my opinion.

As for the place availability, to rent other areas you need to raise your rank with them i.e. you need to sell slaves to the residence within that area.
I try it something you see if you go Big daddy or other you can see other place there so Maybe it's about The Faction ? because i didn't Raise my rank to jump that area i just start normal Game simple is that
I am looking for Jobs in the game that win me some money without selling my slaves maybe use them to work for some places that is nice Jobs for the slaver and the slave

sddony

Jun 2, 2022
Jack-HF2.21 doesn't exist. The last HF (Hongfire) version is v1.7.5. So either you've played the HF version indeed and it was v1.7.5 or you played v2.2.1 and it was ours. Based on how long you haven't played, you might have inherited habits that don't work anymore (fixed exploits, rebalance mechanics which make old advice or strategies not optimal, etc.).

However, there's a consensus that v2.2.3 is in the bullpark of difficulty as all other "good" versions (1.7.3, 1.7.5 and 2.2.1).

It is our will to respect the legacy of the game and respect the original intent of the dev', which was "challenging but still fair". This version especially was made with room for experiments and errors so it would be possible to survive the early game without needing a perfect run.

There is definitely room for improvement. You have many tools at your disposal to make training more efficient. With each playthrough, going back to the tutorial, and maybe reading some of the guides posted here, you'll see that you hadn't reached your full potential as a trainer.

Not a bug, it takes longer time for you to train your stats passively. You're not taking lessons yourself, but giving them, so you're not focused on improving, and therefore take longer time.

So if you look at it rationally, your stats as a trainer improve at a normal rate. You can even, if I'm not mistaken, go from 0 to hero in all stats in half a playthrough, and then enjoy the rest at max stats until becoming patrician. Perfectly doable even without spamming much.

Too bad, but don't discourage yourself. Many people didn't see the ending of Dark Souls in their first playthrough, but then they went back to it and it became a staple of "fun difficulty". Should be about the same for JONT. (y)
Sorry for my mistake, the version I played is called Jack-HF2.2. It is a Chinese translated version, which is basically the version that can be found in China, and there is a version statement at the beginning.

His version is much less difficult. The difficulty of version 2.2.3 has been increased by several levels compared to that version. Now I feel that slaves can basically only sleep on the floor or dungeons and eat junk food in this version, otherwise they will increase spoiling. If the selected slave’s physical strength is not A+ or better, it is basically Nothing can be done.

Well, if no one else raises the difficulty question, maybe I'm not used to this version, I just think it's too unscientific. And because of the place of birth and the absence of a high-level houselard at the beginning, the high physical strength of the character setting is useless, and it will definitely fall off on the second or third day.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I almost never give my slaves free time because of the energy it requires. A lot of the time, it's not even possible to use Garden of Gethsemane or Golden Cage, because the slave doesn't have enough energy. Seems odd to me because it doesn't feel like relaxing in the garden or golden cage should really require much or any energy.
Rest rewards consume energy to represent the time commitment but refund the consumed energy at the end of the day. Rest rewards also have other benefits that make them worthwhile.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes