ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
UWOOOH THANKS ,
idont know which one
but im sure its one of that link.
i reinstalled it again then run the dependencies link u just send ,no red problem, i got my hope high and i tried to run the game
ANDDD ITS RUNNING THAANNKKKSS
I see a problem though. You are using 2.2.3, not the dev version (2.2.4). Get the latest from here:

Sinssin

Nov 22, 2022
I think the mystery behind the gameplay is part of the reason why it's fun. It's frustrating sometimes but there is a lot of different things to master and it's challenging and very time consuming which isn't for everyone but that's exactly what I was looking for when I picked this up. I wanted something that would take a lot of grind and work to get through without becoming dull and boring.
Thanks for this! I was just feeling like I was completely missing something as there is no hand-holding at all in the game. Your description makes it feel a bit like "story-mode" vs "complete sandbox-mode" which the game is now. From what I've seen so far, a story-mode would make such complete sense in this game that it's actually weird it doesn't exist, even as a new player.

Again, from the viewpoint of someone who's completely new with just a few hours played, the game feels so solid and although it's in development (for many years from what I can tell) it's very odd and overwhelming to have everything unlocked from the getgo. Compared to a lot of the things already in the game, certain obvious improvements feel minor, but I'm assuming this is the developers vision so will explore what they've thought out and try figure things out. Cheers!

Another question I had, other than potentially the assistant (which I have trouble finding a good use for tbh) you never actually keep slaves around? It's always train one -> get rid of it in various manners -> get a new one?

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
The concept of the game is that normal play follows the tutorial. You are already a member of the guild when you start. Immediate qualification to rent in other districts depends on starting selection. The normal starts all have a backstory. If you choose a custom start and do not select any factions then you will be unable to rent an apartment until you establish better relations in one of the districts.

There are some small benefits for each. Included barn for Camira, included dungeon for Taurus, included dungeon and boudoir for Corvus. Energy-free access to district locations (ex. shopping, medical center, cryo storage). "Spend time with" rewards cost half-energy when they occur in the same district: restaurant in Camira, beach in Serpis, theater in Corvus. Compensating for no "included" extra rental, the Serpis beach reward also includes bathing so in effect it becomes a free action for the slave.

Just because the residents are poor doesn't mean the patricians are. Canon is that all of the districts have direct relations with the Vatican. There's already a barrier to jumping straight into an expensive district: cost. I don't think we need an enforced gate on top of that. If you can skip the cheaper districts and make ends meet, good for you.

The idea of requiring more than entry-level faction reputation to live in a district is interesting for a challenge mode. In the latest dev version, I've increased the required faction reputation for rentals on extreme difficulty by one level.
I get what you mean and I'm not criticizing the current game, I think it's great, but everyone probably has little things they would like to see in the game they are playing but I don't expect anyone to actually implement these things I mentioned I just thought I would share them to possibly spark up some conversation.

I get that there are small benefits to each area, but I would rather the decision be more difficult and something that forces the player to choose one advantage over the other which will have an effect on how they progress through the game, something more substantial.

I like that sandbox mode allows you to start a game that is locked down but I think it would be a really cool option if you had to earn more reputation by selling more slaves before moving into a faction's territory and I also think an option that would force you to grind more before meeting nobility would be cool. Being forced to train slaves for all of the 3 nobles in order of power to slowly work your way up the power ladder before meeting the head honcho would be cool as well. I guess I just like the idea of a really slow grindy game that forces a lot of effort to progress through it.

I respect that the cannon is already established and it shouldn't be changed unless it's done through a mod pack that isn't included in the official release of the game but I think having vampires vs the white chapel and poor humans on the outskirts vs the beasts who would like to be accepted into civilization would be fitting and allow for more dynamic faction relations and if each faction had more important boons it would force the player to think more carefully about who they join. Having faction specific missions in white town would add even more depth and replay ability but again, I'm not criticizing, nor do I expect anyone to add these things. Just ideas I thought would be cool.

Reactions: ebemise42069

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
Thanks for this! I was just feeling like I was completely missing something as there is no hand-holding at all in the game. Your description makes it feel a bit like "story-mode" vs "complete sandbox-mode" which the game is now. From what I've seen so far, a story-mode would make such complete sense in this game that it's actually weird it doesn't exist, even as a new player.

Again, from the viewpoint of someone who's completely new with just a few hours played, the game feels so solid and although it's in development (for many years from what I can tell) it's very odd and overwhelming to have everything unlocked from the getgo. Compared to a lot of the things already in the game, certain obvious improvements feel minor, but I'm assuming this is the developers vision so will explore what they've thought out and try figure things out. Cheers!

Another question I had, other than potentially the assistant (which I have trouble finding a good use for tbh) you never actually keep slaves around? It's always train one -> get rid of it in various manners -> get a new one?
In normal mode, each character has different stats that effect how effective they are at training, and they have different starting amounts of cash. Some of these characters already have faction relations when they start which allows you to just stroll into a nice area and buy a house. However, paying the bills in these areas would be impossible for a noob to handle and very hard to accomplish in my opinion, so rushing into a house in the bull market or necropolis is not something I would recommend. Playing in sandbox mode with Jhonny would be more in line with what I want but it's not actually forced through gameplay, its just that your stats are low, and your money is low. Even then, I think slower reputation gain that requires more sold slaves before unlocking everything would be a good option to have for hard mode and I hope it's implemented. (Sounds like it might be in the future)

I went ahead and upgraded to the latest dev version and my old saves seem to be working fine. I'm playing on normal mode with an easy character at the moment. I like grind but I'm not sure I really like the gameplay difficulty of the highest modes. Like using the nerd on the hardest difficulty pretty much requires that you do everything in a specific order with specific options or you will fail to train your first slave before you go broke and game over. That kind of thing is a bit much for me. I actually find the training element perfectly fine if not a bit too hard to learn. Using characters with lower starting cash around 2000 sparks seems fun and balanced to me. Maybe someday I'll want the nerd challenge but at the moment I find it too restrictive. I don't mind the hard difficulty mode that forces slower progression of obedience and it adds its own grind and slower training which means more lost money so decent challenge without stripping the gameplay down to a forced order of developer designed operations.

EDIT:

Sorry I failed to answer your question. One of the best benefits of an assistant is that she can learn abilities and you can use her to teach slaves so that it doesn't cost you money to hire tutors or send future slaves to school. They can also assist your slave, so your main character doesn't lose energy teaching or bringing the slave to classes. Another benefit is they can do your administrative work and lower the costs of living. As for training more than one slave, you can use a farm and a dungeon to store multiple slaves and use cryocells to move them around if need be. The farm will allow a slave to be used as an egg layer, cow, or farmhand. This allows you to have 3 slaves that make you money and can be brought inside and handled like any other slave at any time. There is a fourth temp option of pig, but it doesn't seem meant for long term building.

These slaves are not meant to be sold through, they are slaves you keep around the house to make you money and make training easier. You also have the assistant and then a dungeon and slave training slot can hold two more, but it would require some musical chairs with the cryo cells in order to work on them all at once. The game pretty much wants you to focus on one slave at a time and sell one slave at a time when it comes to earning cash and general progression. Given the complexity and challenge of training I think that's fine. I wouldn't be able to focus as well if I had more going on than I already do. Managing a farm while training a slave is a challenge in itself. Some games like Sold Town Girl allow you to train multiple slaves at once but the gameplay is very bland and easy, it pretty much requires that you train 9 to 12 slaves at once just to keep you occupied.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
You can only have one slave as the primary focus for training at any time but you can swap which one is primary. Assistant and slave can swap if the slave qualifies as assistant. If you have a dungeon/prison you can swap the prisoner with your primary slave. If you have a barn, four slaves can be kept there, but swapping them uses a bit of energy. There's also cryo storage in the Serpentine district, with an option for a direct link from your home.

You can even play the game as a harem collection without ever selling slaves if you maximize your income from the arena events and the barn.

I have a bundle of links to threads with tips if you're interested: https://f95zone.to/posts/11173635/

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I guess I just like the idea of a really slow grindy game that forces a lot of effort to progress through it.
Currently the "story" (non-sandbox gameplay) extends to a single post-patrician quest. I think rather than making it take even longer to reach that point by adding more gatekeepers, the priority is to add more unique endgame content and to spice up the everyday activity with more events. For example, other types of competitions besides combat and racing have been proposed, and developing the concept of "rival" trainers from the guild is also on my wishlist. Endgame politics (in the guild or in the city), investment or business opportunities, more combat challenges, ...

• Red Heart

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
I haven't reached the end but I've read it just sort of stops. I agree that developing more story or random forms of gameplay would be more beneficial to the game but adding more gatekeepers through the difficulty settings could allow a very long and tough grind for those of us who like the feeling of slow progression and earning better living conditions and bigger training families through money, reputation, and role playing choices.

For me, it's more fun to earn money slowly and gain reputation slowly through hard work than increasing the already difficult training vs cash options because they really only make the start of the game more difficult through artificial means and the training difficulty is already difficult and varied enough for most anyone. I hardly had the determination to learn it to be honest. I almost gave up a few times and I'm glad I didn't because it needs that level of complexity and unpredictability to keep a long grindy game interesting. Now that I have got the hang of it, I'm having fun and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Last edited:

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
Card games and gambling at the pub could be fun if incorporated. You could bet money or slaves and maybe win a special prize with a waitress for an hour.

To expand upon my previous idea. If you were to gain access to a faction with a special boon like the gentlemen's club, then all services offered by their enemies will triple in price or refuse to serve you. The gentlemen's club would serve as a special option to keep your clan members going while offering a few unique benefits. These types of role-playing choices that change the dynamic of the game could be pretty interesting, I think. The bull market seems to specialize in whoring while the serpent district seems to be technology oriented, and the beasts seem to offer magic while necropolis could turn you into a vampire and boost your combat stats. Each faction could be better at making money in their specialization while still offering options to deal with the other factions and make money from everything else but at a disadvantage.

Superhuman slaves would be good fighters and pony racers. Magic users from beast territory would make good witch doctors, the bull market would make the best whores and serpents would have technology-based inventions that could give them an advantage to creating assistants and servants through intelligence and focus boosting.

Maybe you would need to offer slaves to the right store owners to bring prices back down or to reopen stores for you in enemy territories. This would give the player a real reason to sell slaves to businesses. Maybe special hidden deals could be made by simply talking to people who have prejudices against your clan and bartering with them. Your unique skills as an elite slave trainer could allow you to earn or re-earn boons from enemy districts ect.

It would be cool to train vampire slaves and spys that have special blood related abilities and fight like crazy in the arena. Maybe the vampires and beasts have connections. One is rich and the other is poor. The rich humans would have connections to the poor ones in the serpant area. Having to choose the serpant area to eventually move up to the Bull area and then white town would be one option while teaming up with the beasts and then rising up to the vampire clan before hitting the white town would be the other. This would force you to choose between two main paths and max out two factions before reaching white town. Then add in two unique story progression paths in the white town and you would have a pretty cool setup.

Information about the clan wars or story progression could be downloaded and read in the tech center in the serpant area. Being a free agent and not joining any clan could be an option as well. You give up specializations, but you don't suffer any disadvantages either. This would allow players to continue playing the game the way it currently is if they like. You would only need to complete tasks for one clan but you wouldn't actually join them and you would not be allowed into their special boon areas. You would use brute force money tactics to get into white town and the ending would be the current one with you taking on a profitable job from the most powerful man in the city.

Last edited:

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
It has a nasty effect on the character's mood which can hurt obedience. Since it's only 5 sparks a decade I've been using one to keep spoiling at bay or to punish without having to hurt them physically. Leaving it open also allows me to move my slave into it temporarily during the day and then move my cow into the slave slot so I can train her and maintain an A+ rating indefinitely. It's cheaper than renting a cro cell for 20 sparks a decade.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
It has a nasty effect on the character's mood which can hurt obedience. Since it's only 5 sparks a decade I've been using one to keep spoiling at bay or to punish without having to hurt them physically. Leaving it open also allows me to move my slave into it temporarily during the day and then move my cow into the slave slot so I can train her and maintain an A+ rating indefinitely. It's cheaper than renting a cro cell for 20 sparks a decade.
This is all valid, but there is untapped potential there.

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
Are you saying I should swap two slaves in training back and forth to maintain a balanced mood while training two slaves at once? I suppose I could do that by using up my assistant energy and then swapping her with the egglayer and have the egglayer or the farmhand train the other slave. Hmmm.

I ended up keeping Isabella as my farmhand and she gets along great with my cow and egglayer. Issabella and the cow are both A+ and my assistant and my egglayer are both S+. I've completed all personal quests in the forum and just made the move to the Bull area with an A+ brand rating. I've got about 20,000 sparks saved and I'm feeling ok about things. I'm not immediately threatened by going broke and losing the game at least. The farm added a bit of complexity to the game but it also slowed it down alot so maybe pushing two slaves at once would help keep the training pace more interesting. I might give it a try.

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
No I have not. I tried a few of the guild quests but they were offering like 750 sparks to push out slaves at break neck speeds. I found it easier to take my time and make 10,000 sparks at the auction. What am I missing?

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
So, I played around with the dungeon and it seems to scare slaves into postive obediance levels. They are unhappy but will do what you ask most of the time. Casting magic so you can give them rewards that balance out the despair feels odd to me but I guess I could just let them go mentally. If the dungeon had stocks it would make sense that you could train a braindead sex slave down there but being that you bring them up to the regular slave slot there is nothing really keeping them from attacking you or killing themselves. I think I'm far enough along that they simply won't do that anymore but I don't know. I have all of the quest reward items equiped and I noticed you can pretty much encourage a positive attitude indefinetly. Doing that allows you to keep them happy and motivate them to train and then reward them to build their stats. Only draw back is they don't sleep well in the dungeon so energy levels restrict how much training can be done. Some characters are not bothered by being left in a single place and not moving around. I would say they are the best for this sort of thing because they don't get an attitude problem from sleeping in the dungeon.

So, I decided to try out training two slaves at once and let each slave sleep in the dungeon every other night. I would say it's profitable but there are many drawbacks to this. For one, characters being trained need to be fed much more than normal and so does the trainer. Multiple characters need multiple trainers and so it results in double the food costs which are much higher than rent so it gets pretty costly. The other issue is it takes longer to train them in this way because things don't always work out and they have less energy to train with if they were in the dungeon. It also takes much longer in the real world to complete a single in game day because you have a lot of things to deal with. If you want to maintain your cow while doing this then you will need to pay 20 sparks a decade for the cryo cells as well.

In the end I trained two girls to S+ class at the same time and one of them got done a little earlier than the other because of her starting stats. It took about 160 days and burned through 3700 sparks. Normally if I train a single slave it takes about 90 to 120 days and it costs about 1000 sparks. But you get 2X the payout when you sell them and the reward for each slave far outstrips the rent and food costs. Selling them for about 20,000 leaves me with over 16000 sparks profit. Training individually, I think I could do similar so it's possible but I would say cost vs profit is very similar. Where you gain from this is that it takes you less game time to bring in the same profit with similar training costs. Time is money so it's worth it if you want to deal with all of the added pain of training two at a time. I would say it would have taken 180 to 240 days if I had done this individually but I got it done in 160 days by training them at the same time. However, this took twice as long in the real world to train them and complicated things alot.

Of course, I could just let them go mind broken and pay no attention to the dungeon slave in order to sell it off for cheap with the sub purchaser, but I could also catch girls in the fog and train them as pigs, but I usually don't bother with that either. Perhaps if I were playing on a harder difficulty setting, I would be struggling for cash much more and would need to do these things to survive. If I were doing a speed run or my monthly costs were outstripping my cash reserves then this could be used to bring in profit faster but the farm pretty much covers my costs and my bank account looks similar there are just less days counted at the top of the screen which isn't worth wasting more real world time perusing unless you are under major financial stress which I am not.

I did find a small oversight that I figured I should report. I'm playing by my own rules, so I decided to do all 3 jobs from the nobles in the white chapel of the bull district. I built the horse woman first and then the child tutor for a noble's son and in the description for the job it says the child needs to be clever which is an "A" intelligence, but it's colored like an "S" class attribute would normally be. He accepted a light blue "A" class or "clever" intelligence, but the coloring of the word "clever" in the job description was wrong and confusing.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes