ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
been there,done that.
all
.dll is missing when im opening using dependency
even when i download the missing .dll from dll downloader
it still counted as missing
It's usually not a good idea to download dlls directly.

If you have a dependency viewer, upload a screenshot of what it's showing you so we can compare.

DawnR

May 27, 2020
It's usually not a good idea to download dlls directly.

If you have a dependency viewer, upload a screenshot of what it's showing you so we can compare.
From API-MS-WIN-CORE to CRT,EVENTING,GDI,MM,Security,Service,SHcore,AppModel,Base,Container,RTCORE,Shell
And
EXT-MS-WIN
All missing module.

I know its not a good idea to download dlls directly but i still want to play this game, and i mark every dlls that i download.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
From API-MS-WIN-CORE to CRT,EVENTING,GDI,MM,Security,Service,SHcore,AppModel,Base,Container,RTCORE,Shell
And
EXT-MS-WIN
All missing module.
Most of those are false positives. Windows changed how system dependencies work and the tool is old and doesn't know how to find them.

This is what it looks like for others: https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6384357

MSVCP120.dll looks different. That's the 2013 redistributable. Try that install again?

DawnR

May 27, 2020

Sinssin

Nov 22, 2022
Is there a "normal" start? I just feel like I'm missing something, but maybe I'm not.

I've done the tutorial and I do have somewhat of a grasp of the mechanics and different interactions. But when I start playing, it feels like I'm getting thrown into a game with everything unlocked and no explanations given at all. It's very overwhelming with like 50+ locations from the get-go, and zero text prompts ("Welcome to blabla, you need to go buy a slave to start training" or something to that effect) to even remotely guide you. This could just be the way the game is designed, thus why I'm asking.

I did custom start and figured that might be it, but when I tried going with any of the normal starts it was exactly the same. This game looks so promising, but it's so overwhelming!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Is there a "normal" start? I just feel like I'm missing something, but maybe I'm not.

I've done the tutorial and I do have somewhat of a grasp of the mechanics and different interactions. But when I start playing, it feels like I'm getting thrown into a game with everything unlocked and no explanations given at all. It's very overwhelming with like 50+ locations from the get-go, and zero text prompts ("Welcome to blabla, you need to go buy a slave to start training" or something to that effect) to even remotely guide you. This could just be the way the game is designed, thus why I'm asking.

I did custom start and figured that might be it, but when I tried going with any of the normal starts it was exactly the same. This game looks so promising, but it's so overwhelming!
You're not. There's an objectives tab on the master's screen. Beyond that, just explore.

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
I think the mystery behind the gameplay is part of the reason why it's fun. It's frustrating sometimes but there is a lot of different things to master and it's challenging and very time consuming which isn't for everyone but that's exactly what I was looking for when I picked this up. I wanted something that would take a lot of grind and work to get through without becoming dull and boring.

I agree that the game almost feels unlocked at first. Personally, I apply my own rules because all of the building blocks of fun progression are there but none of them are enforced. I would much prefer it if you were forced to live in the slums until you went to the guild and actually passed their test like in the tutorial but have it actually in the game and make it hard enough that the player is incentivized to build up an assistant to help you pass the test.

Even then you would have the blessings of the guild, but you would still need to go to the realtor and have it explained what the costs are in each district and that you would first need to get on the good side of the faction that owns that district by selling slaves to faction members before they would offer you a place to rent. You would have a choice to make regarding where you lived but it would require more work before you could rent a house and I think the more expensive areas should require more than just money to move into. They should require connections and reputation. Either way it would take more time to build an assistant, pass the guild test and then train and sell 3 slaves in the district you want to move to all the while keeping your sparks padded enough to survive once you got there. That would be more fun in my opinion.

I feel like the two poor districts and two rich districts should offer unique boons that you have to choose between. As it is, the factions are at war with each other so choosing one blocks off dealings with others but it's rich vs poor and only two of the four locations offer boons over the others. The Outcast location offers a spacious house and a farm that is worth 25 sparks a decade for free, but the Serpents location is tiny and offers nothing to tempt you there other than the artwork is more modern. Likewise, the Bull area offers access to a Gentlemens's club, but the more expensive necropolis doesn't offer any real benefit. If the Necropolis was at war with the Bull Market and the Serpents were at war with the Outcasts and each area had something special to offer, it would be more interesting, I think. This would give you two choices for a mid game house and two choices for an end game house each with their own benifits over the other. Everyone would spend the early game in the slums learning the benefits of the pubs, spa's, and brothels. Figuring out the basics of training and the benifits of an assistant while costs are low.

I do like that you can ride any faction to white town and that you have 3 options in each faction to get you there but I think it would be more interesting if you had to use the poor factions to get you connected with the rich factions and only the two rich factions could bring you to white town. This would still give you four possible paths but force you to progress to gain a nice house and live in privileged areas. Personally, I would increase it to five slaves sold before being allowed to interact with the nobility of each faction or add it as an optional rule that is controlled by the difficulty settings. Making the hardest setting force game changes beyond gameplay stats and starting cash would be cool and fun. Heck even forcing the player to build slaves for all 3 nobles before meeting the king would be cool in my book.

The training gameplay is a little flaky in a few areas and that makes it very hard to get used to but it's complexity and variety are fun and once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. I'm still playing this and I must say it's really been a challenging time sync. I've built up a full house including an egg layer, cow, stableman, assistant, and a pet fiend. I've met the nobility of the bull area and the necropolis and chose to move out of the outcasts area and into the bull area and use my connections there to move up to white town eventually, I hope. I'm not even done with it and I already think it could use an expansion pack lol. White Town could even have branching paths based on which faction got you there. The possibilities for expansion are crazy in this game.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ebemise42069

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I would much prefer it if you were forced to live in the slums until you went to the guild and actually passed their test like in the tutorial but have it actually in the game and make it hard enough that the player is incentivized to build up an assistant to help you pass the test.
The concept of the game is that normal play follows the tutorial. You are already a member of the guild when you start. Immediate qualification to rent in other districts depends on starting selection. The normal starts all have a backstory. If you choose a custom start and do not select any factions then you will be unable to rent an apartment until you establish better relations in one of the districts.

I feel like the two poor districts and two rich districts should offer unique boons that you have to choose between.
There are some small benefits for each. Included barn for Camira, included dungeon for Taurus, included dungeon and boudoir for Corvus. Energy-free access to district locations (ex. shopping, medical center, cryo storage). "Spend time with" rewards cost half-energy when they occur in the same district: restaurant in Camira, beach in Serpis, theater in Corvus. Compensating for no "included" extra rental, the Serpis beach reward also includes bathing so in effect it becomes a free action for the slave.

it would be more interesting if you had to use the poor factions to get you connected with the rich factions and only the two rich factions could bring you to white town.
Just because the residents are poor doesn't mean the patricians are. Canon is that all of the districts have direct relations with the Vatican. There's already a barrier to jumping straight into an expensive district: cost. I don't think we need an enforced gate on top of that. If you can skip the cheaper districts and make ends meet, good for you.

Personally, I would increase it to five slaves sold before being allowed to interact with the nobility of each faction or add it as an optional rule that is controlled by the difficulty settings.
The idea of requiring more than entry-level faction reputation to live in a district is interesting for a challenge mode. In the latest dev version, I've increased the required faction reputation for rentals on extreme difficulty by one level.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

DawnR

May 27, 2020
After i replace msvcr/p in system 32 it has come to this but still cant launch

I expand the syswow64 and i found

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
it looks like this,apparently all my msvcr/p that i download all like that.

im currently using msvcp120 and msvcr120 uploaded on 2/29/2020
On my system MSVCP120.dll in C:\Windows\System32 (and in C:\Windows\SysWOW64) is 644KB and was created on Friday, October 4, 2013.

Sounds like you downloaded it instead of using the installer...?

DawnR

May 27, 2020
On my system MSVCP120.dll in C:\Windows\System32 (and in C:\Windows\SysWOW64) is 644KB and was created on Friday, October 4, 2013.

Sounds like you downloaded it instead of using the installer...?
i just download it , just before i upload my reply
and i test again using original file

maybe i need to reinstall it again this time.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
i just download it , just before i upload my reply
and i test again using original file

maybe i need to reinstall it again this time.
Are you using these installers? Or these?

The latter page has both x86 and x64 and seems to be an updated version.

DawnR

May 27, 2020
Are you using these installers? Or these?

The latter page has both x86 and x64 and seems to be an updated version.
UWOOOH THANKS ,
idont know which one
but im sure its one of that link.
i reinstalled it again then run the dependencies link u just send ,no red problem, i got my hope high and i tried to run the game
ANDDD ITS RUNNING THAANNKKKSS

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes