5.00 star(s) 20 Votes

kevork

Sep 30, 2018
Edit:
There is no difference between the 1080p version and your shared "4k" version even the framerate is the same...

rf96
Edit: was wrong, seems like it's the same video but with bloated file size.
So let's wait till someone drops really the better version some day...
I don't know what you're talking about or what you're looking at, but there definitely is a difference between the file in the OP and the 4K version.

First of all, this is the official Jackerman 4K version. Anything else with higher FPS was not released by him.

Secondly, catching a difference on a video between 1080p and 4K depends on what monitor you're watching it on. On my 1440p screen - there is a difference. What I can say from experience, is that I thought 4K videos pointless when I had a cheaper 1080p TN panel.

Lastly, here's a comparison between the file uploaded in the thread and the version which I shared:

1636364790540.png

Reactions: Depardierocity
Apr 14, 2021
I don't know what you're talking about or what you're looking at, but there definitely is a difference between the file in the OP and the 4K version.

First of all, this is the official Jackerman 4K version. Anything else with higher FPS was not released by him.

Secondly, catching a difference on a video between 1080p and 4K depends on what monitor you're watching it on. On my 1440p screen - there is a difference. What I can say from experience, is that I thought 4K videos pointless when I had a cheaper 1080p TN panel.

Lastly, here's a comparison between the file uploaded in the thread and the version which I shared:

View attachment 1490715
All I'm saying is that when I pull up and fullscreen both videos on my 4K monitor, and swap back and forth between them, I basically can't tell which is which unless I look at the filenames. I specifically tried to look at very small details that should be much clearer/cleaner at 4K but nothing's really different.

Jun 13, 2017
yeah i also tried to compare the 2 resolutions. picked a supposedly high detailed frame, dragged both raw screenshots to photoshop, scaled the 1080p to match the 4k, and couldn't see a difference until i glued my face to the screen at 300% zoom. bottom line is, the difference (or almost the lack thereof) is definitely not worth double the file size. even if you watch the 1080p version on a 4k display, you really woudln't miss anything. a compressed upscale from the 1080 version will most likely look a lot better imo.

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

kevork

Sep 30, 2018
All I'm saying is that when I pull up and fullscreen both videos on my 4K monitor, and swap back and forth between them, I basically can't tell which is which unless I look at the filenames. I specifically tried to look at very small details that should be much clearer/cleaner at 4K but nothing's really different.
I wasn't replying to you, rather to the guy who low-key accused me of some scam where I personally bloated the filesize, while keeping the bitrate the same and tried to ... share something for free, which I've paid for myself.

Anyways, as I've said - this is the official Jackerman 4K release and there is a difference. How noticeable it may be and whether it's worth it for you is an entirely personal decision. :)

Hobmat70

May 22, 2020
My conclusion on the resolution issue of Mother's Warmth 2 is that the 1.32 GB version posted by Viggy (below) so far looks the best, although minimally. I checked it against all of the latest posts using VLC. It's possible someone may come to a different conclusion based on their VLC or other player settings, monitor, PC hardware, or personal taste.

My monitor is 4k via display port. My PC is an i7. It's liquid-cooled, has 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER video card, and an optical audio port, so I think that my setup is sufficient enough to handle most high-end graphics.

The method I use (when it's a close call) is to open an instance of each video in VLC. The next step is to find a nice spot and pause them on exactly the same frame (using slo-mo at 0.12x speed, otherwise it's next to impossible) and cursor back and forth to each video.

To do this correctly, both videos (or more) have to be minimized once they are on the same frame, then cursor back and forth (NOT CLICK) between them.

Mother's Warmth 2 - Enhanced 4k Upscale: workupload |

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
My conclusion on the resolution issue of Mother's Warmth 2 is that the 1.32 GB version posted by Viggy (below) so far looks the best, although minimally. I checked it against all of the latest posts using VLC. It's possible someone may come to a different conclusion based on their VLC or other player settings, monitor, PC hardware, or personal taste.

My monitor is 4k via display port. My PC is an i7. It's liquid-cooled, has 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER video card, and an optical audio port, so I think that my setup is sufficient enough to handle most high-end graphics.

The method I use (when it's a close call) is to open an instance of each video in VLC. The next step is to find a nice spot and pause them on exactly the same frame (using slo-mo at 0.12x speed, otherwise it's next to impossible) and cursor back and forth to each video.

To do this correctly, both videos (or more) have to be minimized once they are on the same frame, then cursor back and forth (NOT CLICK) between them.
i made a 4k interpolation and i was surprised by the poor quality output , looks like i have to redo the process with the optimal file

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
i kinda hate the term 2k because fhd is technically 2k. whoever came up with these terms fucked up real bad.
1.png

View attachment 1490715
Bit rate is one of the important criterions for digital video quality. With some video tools, however, video bit rate can be easily increased without improving the video quality at all. In such a case, a claimed high bit rate video would actually not look better at all:
3-Figure2-1.png
"Two scenes of fake bit rate videos, where b > b′. (a) Converting a lower bit rate video to higher bit rate one. (b) Splicing two videos with different bit rates".

The point between 4K & 1080p is that it's visually better by having 4 times more pixels than the 1920x1080 version.
The difference have to be noticeable particularly on larger screens which is not the case on the official "4k" version of MW2.
I don't blame you maybe jack made a mistake or something wrong with my eyes just strange that a previous speaker is of the same opinion.
For me it looks like a bloated version of the FHD release.

Hobmat70

May 22, 2020
i made a 4k interpolation and i was surprised by the poor quality output , looks like i have to redo the process with the optimal file
Although I've been active on this site for a short time, I was surprised too because all of the other ones you did were very good. I'll be on the lookout for the new one.

5.00 star(s) 20 Votes