5.00 star(s) 20 Votes

d90art

Mar 23, 2019
I can't judge without the 2 characters in the same frame, but krypto looks a little small. either way,i hope the sex is crazy wild!
We're seeing him hunched so its hard to tell but I'll take my best shot.

It depends on the size of the trashcan really. If its a typical indoor can it could be about 18 inches wide and three or so feet tall which would make Krypto's shoulder height standing on all fours without hunching down I would say about 2 - 2.5 feet. I'm basing this on the fact that his legs are heavily bent and his shoulders are already above the brim of the can. This is actually much greater than the typical height that Krypto's breed should be (I believe he is an American Pit Bull Terrier as it most resembles his typical portrayal and it was one of the most popular American Pedigrees at the time he was introduced.) The typical American Pit Bull Terrier (common pitbull) tops out at about 20 inches at the shoulder and about 50 lbs (50cm and 22kg). If we take his projected height compared to the typical height and then increase his weight by the cube of the value which should be fairly typical for the height/weight relationship we can find that the Krypto pictured should be roughly between 24 and 30 inches tall (which would be the height of a large mastiff for reference) and weigh between 86 lbs (39kg) and 168lbs(76kg). Sorry about the massive range for the weight, but Pitbulls are chonkers so if you start scaling up their height it gets out of hand fast. If that's an outdoor trash can instead then that lad is an absolute unit hitting 36 inches at the shoulder and could be running 300 lbs, he'd be in basically world record territory at that size.

TLDR: He's either a big dog or a very very big dog.

Did some more scaling by comparing his tag to the can and then tracking its movement while compensating for the camera. I think he's sitting right around 26 inches at the shoulder and about 110 lbs. Otherwise if its an outdoor can he's likely 31 inches and 190 lbs.

(Don't judge me, I'm bored and its been a long day. This was a nice distraction.)

Last edited:

echo32

Apr 18, 2018
We're seeing him hunched so its hard to tell but I'll take my best shot.

It depends on the size of the trashcan really. If its a typical indoor can it could be about 18 inches wide and three or so feet tall which would make Krypto's shoulder height standing on all fours without hunching down I would say about 2 - 2.5 feet. I'm basing this on the fact that his legs are heavily bent and his shoulders are already above the brim of the can. This is actually much greater than the typical height that Krypto's breed should be (I believe he is an American Pit Bull Terrier as it most resembles his typical portrayal and it was one of the most popular American Pedigrees at the time he was introduced.) The typical American Pit Bull Terrier (common pitbull) tops out at about 20 inches at the shoulder and about 50 lbs (50cm and 22kg). If we take his projected height compared to the typical height and then increase his weight by the cube of the value which should be fairly typical for the height/weight relationship we can find that the Krypto pictured should be roughly between 24 and 30 inches tall (which would be the height of a large mastiff for reference) and weigh between 86 lbs (39kg) and 168lbs(76kg). Sorry about the massive range for the weight, but Pitbulls are chonkers so if you start scaling up their height it gets out of hand fast. If that's an outdoor trash can instead then that lad is an absolute unit hitting 36 inches at the shoulder and could be running 300 lbs, he'd be in basically world record territory at that size.

TLDR: He's either a big dog or a very very big dog.

Did some more scaling by comparing his tag to the can and then tracking its movement while compensating for the camera. I think he's sitting right around 26 inches at the shoulder and about 110 lbs. Otherwise if its an outdoor can he's likely 31 inches and 190 lbs.

(Don't judge me, I'm bored and its been a long day. This was a nice distraction.)
Dude knows his dogs.

kyrioscane

Jan 3, 2020
if its an outdoor can he's likely 31 inches and 190 lbs.

thats the ticket! 180-200lbs range. i know theres a bunch of versions of the character including some giant, but 300lbs is too far off model imo.

Reactions: xana94
5.00 star(s) 20 Votes