5.00 star(s) 20 Votes

Yustu

May 22, 2018
lmao blender doesnt look like that. its obv daz
What do You mean ? Previewed renders or past works ?
IMO obviously quality of stuff that one can do in Blender looks better, but I was under impression that he uses EEVVEE to speed things up and quality was ok'ish.

iliketestes

Mar 17, 2019
What do You mean ? Previewed renders or past works ?
IMO obviously quality of stuff that one can do in Blender looks better, but I was under impression that he uses EEVVEE to speed things up and quality was ok'ish.
all his past works until his recent blender preview are daz. u can tell by the animation limitations and the textures

Reactions: Balkazzaar

Yustu

May 22, 2018
all his past works until his recent blender preview are daz. u can tell by the animation limitations and the textures
Thank for clarification.
As for animation limitations and textures - to be honest I don't know what You mean exactly here also.

I can import morphs to blender and animate in blender and will have same results as in Daz (I mean here morphs like hands up/down etc. with can be animation i.e. walking etc.). On other hand Daz also support FBX so he could animate in MotionBuilder and bring that FBX back to Daz and do render. As for the textures - same story from my POV - I can scale etc. all of them so they will look different or simply remove them and use solid colors to speed up renderings. Anyway all this doesn't matter :).

And yes Blender is way better then Daz - and I mean here animation that in itself is inferior to likes of Maya or Houdini. According to info Blender will focus on animation improvements starting from half of this year (additional developer devoted only to bring updates to animation workflow in blender).

GBuch is prime example what can be done in Blender and he kick ass (noting him here first as I personally like art style of his renders). Same can be said about Nyl | Rikolo and many more...

That being said I do like Jackerman anims was just confused by his latest update. To me animation in Daz is, I don't want to say impossible, because it's not and we do have a proof of that in this thread, but less than ideal.

iliketestes

Mar 17, 2019
Thank for clarification.
As for animation limitations and textures - to be honest I don't know what You mean exactly here also.

I can import morphs to blender and animate in blender and will have same results as in Daz (I mean here morphs like hands up/down etc. with can be animation i.e. walking etc.). On other hand Daz also support FBX so he could animate in MotionBuilder and bring that FBX back to Daz and do render. As for the textures - same story from my POV - I can scale etc. all of them so they will look different or simply remove them and use solid colors to speed up renderings. Anyway all this doesn't matter :).

And yes Blender is way better then Daz - and I mean here animation that in itself is inferior to likes of Maya or Houdini. According to info Blender will focus on animation improvements starting from half of this year (additional developer devoted only to bring updates to animation workflow in blender).

GBuch is prime example what can be done in Blender and he kick ass (noting him here first as I personally like art style of his renders). Same can be said about Nyl | Rikolo and many more...

That being said I do like Jackerman anims was just confused by his latest update. To me animation in Daz is, I don't want to say impossible, because it's not and we do have a proof of that in this thread, but less than ideal.
The animation physics are lacking and the movements are very static and not compound. He stated that he has to use tricks and manipulate DAZ's limits to create fluid animation. Its also prob why he uses certain angles to cover flaws in the animations. DAZ is meant for images anyways

Akanine74

Mar 24, 2019
Jackerman16/06/2021

The second rig is built and production on the monthly is going well alongside the second chapter of Mother's Warmth. Learning blender and accommodating my monthly workflow using a new software has definitely been challenging but each shot I do looks a little bit better than the last. I don't say this as much as I should, thank you all for supporting this content. Without you guys, I couldn't have done anything I have done in the past 8 months. I would still be using a laptop with a busted GTX 1060, not 2 RTX 3090s. Here's some WIP monthly and MW shots.

SPOILER_a244.png
SPOILER_0388.png

Support the production of Jackerman

Last edited:

Dedingovi

Jul 1, 2017
Jackerman16/06/2021

The second rig is built and production on the monthly is going well alongside the second chapter of Mother's Warmth. Learning blender and accommodating my monthly workflow using a new software has definitely been challenging but each shot I do looks a little bit better than the last. I don't say this as much as I should, thank you all for supporting this content. Without you guys, I couldn't have done anything I have done in the past 8 months. I would still be using a laptop with a busted GTX 1060, not 2 RTX 3090s. Here's some WIP monthly and MW shots.

View attachment 1248487
View attachment 1248488

Support the production of Jackerman

man, there's no way, even though I've seen Clarie hundreds of times, I'm always amazed at how perfect this model is! looking forward to more mw 2 previews

5.00 star(s) 20 Votes