VN Ren'Py Abandoned Jack's Big Adventures: Remake [v0.0.1] [GelonG]

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
From the overviews of this so-called remake and the original RPGM version I don't see many similarities I mean this was the overview of the original game

"Jack is a 24-year-old guy. Jack lives with his mother and two sisters. At the age of 25, every man is required to join the Royal army. It's the law. He can't leave his family because of their poverty. From an early age, he hunts animals to sell them at the fair. Jack's family survives on the income from hunting.
Jack lives on a small farm. Twenty years ago, his mother had left the Kingdom's capital and settled in the wilderness. He doesn't know why his mother decided to leave the Royal city. However, he suspected that it was all because of his father. Jack didn't know anything about his father.

Jack's a regular guy living with his mother and sisters. Jack lived a moderately quiet life until things began to change rapidly.
It was all the blame for the explosion. A portal explosion caused by an expedition from our world...
...where Jack's road will lead, it's up to you..."

I mean besides the MCs name and him having a mother and 2 sisters everything seems to be changed.
Yeah, I'm incredibly disappointed TBH. I loved the original - both the already existing content and where the story seemed to be going - and assumed that the "remake" was just going to be porting it over to a different engine.

Instead it looks like he basically just scrapped everything - the new previews don't even offer any hints of the great characters (especially the cute drow girl) the original had.

GelonG What the hell dude? Why you gotta totally give the finger to all the fans you already had?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Nah .. that was team building acctivities ...
prince be banter/flirting/coming on to the wife hard too ...
I think the game also warrants Cheating tag as the MC cheated on her now deceased wife with Victoria. Just my two cents.
avoid or skip? the overview said you can skip scenes does that mean it didnt happen your that you didnt watch?
MC goes in and saves his wife from the prince,
alas, there is only so much he can do when trouble finds sweet Anna at work.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC did get to stick it to the prince, that has to count 4 something...
Yeah, I'm incredibly disappointed TBH. I loved the original - both the already existing content and where the story seemed to be going - and assumed that the "remake" was just going to be porting it over to a different engine.

GelonG What the hell dude? Why you gotta totally abandon us fans of the original?
Why he did not close shop and cuddle his sweet loving adoring wife is my beef.

Reactions: Red Sand

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
Finished the game.. Lol... flew through the story, which seemed decent. renders are nice, but the damn text box transparency needs to be changed. the name changed mod worked, but NOT on dialogs. The dialogs still refer to anna and jack. Incest patch is not useful unless you count making Valery and Victoria siblings. Played with it on, so dont know if they were unrelated originally. All in all, 3.5 / 5

Apr 8, 2021
I was very excited to play the rpgm Jack's Big Adventure [v0.5.1] [GelonG] but it didn't work on my device ... So I'll give this a try of course .. and i love the. NTR thing especially when it comes to my family members thx

Reactions: EthanHunt95

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
On the other hand we have Azazel, he was the best character so far, if he was the MC i'd cheer for him and would do want to seek revenge.
He was a tragic figure, misunderstood, true love, being betrayed by his own sister, which killed his love and his unborn child, revenge and when he was trying to stop the mortals from killing each other, he was again betrayed, this time by his ''daughter'' which he loved....so much better than Jack and his wife :cautious:
dude for real Azazel was in fact best character.

Honestly if the game was something like. during the ritual he managed one final trump card to save his soul and hide it until it reincarnates in a new body(MC) and after so many years his memory comes back. the story would be about him figuring out how to get his power back while pursuing revenge on his kids or make peace. like during his journey MC would decide what actions he would take to see if Azazel stays as he is. or turns over a new leaf.

buuuut since we have this. the fact the wife dies sux ass. but i was more annoyed with the Victoria, Valery thing.

like ok just cause i dont want Valery doesnt mean Victoria should chew my ass out and lose her as a LI.
On the other hand if i decide i want Valery doesnt mean i want him to get it on with Victoria. maybe after He loses his dick but until then nooooooo.

Tsathoggua

Jan 11, 2018
Well I hope this time this wont be Abandoned, I need My daily dose of NTR!, its My dick Air to breath and LIVE!! My Dick its his own Person GODDAMNIT!!.

Reactions: EthanHunt95

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
From the overviews of this so-called remake and the original RPGM version I don't see many similarities I mean this was the overview of the original game

"Jack is a 24-year-old guy. Jack lives with his mother and two sisters. At the age of 25, every man is required to join the Royal army. It's the law. He can't leave his family because of their poverty. From an early age, he hunts animals to sell them at the fair. Jack's family survives on the income from hunting.
Jack lives on a small farm. Twenty years ago, his mother had left the Kingdom's capital and settled in the wilderness. He doesn't know why his mother decided to leave the Royal city. However, he suspected that it was all because of his father. Jack didn't know anything about his father.

Jack's a regular guy living with his mother and sisters. Jack lived a moderately quiet life until things began to change rapidly.
It was all the blame for the explosion. A portal explosion caused by an expedition from our world...
...where Jack's road will lead, it's up to you..."

I mean besides the MCs name and him having a mother and 2 sisters everything seems to be changed.

Instead it looks like he basically just scrapped everything - the new previews don't even offer any hints of the great characters (especially the cute drow girl) the original had.

GelonG What the hell dude? Why you gotta totally give the finger to all the fans you already had?
Isn't it nearly the same ?
The game descriptions of both games need some work and don't live up to the game.
True we didn't meet the other characters yet, but Jack didn't start his journey, that will likely start in the next episode.
Jack still lives on a farm with his mother and sisters, he is also a hunter.
He doesn't know his father.
IIRC Jack also had some conection with a old dark entity/god in the old game, likely Azazel here.
He goes on a hunt after the prince.

The only difference is:
-our world isn't involved anymore, honestly i never really understood what was the point of that in the old game.
-the reason Jack goes after the prince changed, in the old game his family was abducted, this time his wife died.

But overall it seems going in the same direction as the old game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Sand
Dec 6, 2017
The game looks prettier and its always better on RENPY than RPGM, just hope we dont lose some of the nice characters from before like the Elf and the hot pale sorcerer.

Aug 2, 2018
i understand the trope, but like the fucking mage who is like wait a second kiddo ik you despite making a promise to the grandmother ill help u. like i understand the trope, mc will prob have his revenge but fucking still, dev guy pls update soon as possible cause this fucking shitter needs to be gutted from eyeball to anus, how close to life is the original to this game?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -Hex-

Firefly

Modder
Dec 27, 2016
Unofficial Linux version: -

If the developer is reading this, please consider including the .sh Linux launcher in the PC build.

Reactions: prey44 and GelonG