Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
I was playing through the Clara Loft one shot again today and noticed the parody wall art. The dev is showing some serious sci-fi and fantasy cred with these. Classics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
The guideline is that in its current state, the game takes all of about 30 minutes to play. Maybe 45 if you're a slow reader. Just play it and do what you want. If you want to try something different, play it the other way and make a separate save. We're not talking about Bright Past or The Promise with 100 hours of grinding to see if a path checks out. You really shouldn't sweat about a guide for a 30-minute game, man.

If you really can't be bothered to just try it yourself, no...thus far you can't lock yourself out of a relationship because of your choice, not without clearing knowing as much. But you can't be everywhere all at once, so you can miss some specific scenes with one girl if you're instead busy with another girl.
30 minute game?! I am in the prologue and I have played for at least 30 mins. I see tons of locked girls etc. And the game seems to be 3 years in development.

Reactions: Darkfyre

merleved

Mar 17, 2023
30 minute game?! I am in the prologue and I have played for at least 30 mins. I see tons of locked girls etc. And the game seems to be 3 years in development.
It may be a bit longer on your first time through, but I am assuming that if you're replaying for a specific LI, you're likely to be skipping through a lot of the redundant text. YMMV. But it isn't a particularly lengthy game atm as it is. It's a great game that gets pretty much everything right despite not being especially long.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Lexie lecoeur
Tried your game. Being Russian I tried to play in Russian so before I say my thoughts about the game I'll say some words about so-called translation.
In short, it sucks. It looks like machine translation that was manually corrected in some places with modern youth jargonisms. More of that, it was machine translation from English, not from French. There's constant mix of "tu" and "vous" when one person address another. And some sentences MC said are said in female gender. The lowest point was literal word-by-word translation of "I suck in it". No Russian-speaking man ever will say it like that. And like an icing on a cake, no Russian after combat scene. With no warning, screen goes black and then out of the blue something like Christmas where some people speaks French. I found out how to switch to English of course, but that wasn't a nice experience.
About the game itself. Visually it's beautiful. Renders are really life-like, not some plastic dolls with ideal skin like in many other games here. Game has a story, maybe even interesting one, it's hard to say now, after all it was just a prologue. I like that you give players a choice how they want to see characters in your game, it's a big plus in my mind. And my personal - cat things, all the cat things, were awesome, thank you for that.
And about what I didn't like, from minor to major.
I better not mention music and sound part, I rarely turn it on but in your game I turned it off after some time voluntarily.
A long procedure of quitting a game is certainly not good. If you want to say something to players do it before they want to close your software, not after that.
Too many excessive clicks. We don't need to click (or press a button) on every render, we need to click when we read all the text and want to see what's next.
More serious thing, it's good we have many choices, we can choose our LI, we can choose solo or polygamy, we can choose pubic haircut, we can choose who Alex will be... It's so bad that beside that we still see what we don't want to see. I don't get it, if I choose MC likes incest it means MC and his mother are basically almost lovers and MC and his sister don't like each other at the same time. What if I want the opposite? But that was a small thing.
Just right after MC said he likes small boobs (it was a choice) he sees fat baker and begins to dream about her buns (if I correctly translated that word from Russian back to English). It's only one example but you do it with every kink in the game (beside trans, it's what every choice must look like). It's like you showed us that choices are meaningless, MC will lust for every girl, woman or granny he sees anyway. And readers will be forced to read walls of text with descriptions of things they don't like. After all, they play for a 25 years old virgin, sexually disturbed and extremely horny all the time. Believe me, it becomes boring quite fast.

Your game today is a overglorified proof of concept that shows us that you have an idea of a game. That idea can become wonderful, ugly or something in between. I'd like for that idea to become a wonderful game.

Reactions: Lexie lecoeur

Lexie lecoeur

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
Lexie lecoeur
Tried your game. Being Russian I tried to play in Russian so before I say my thoughts about the game I'll say some words about so-called translation.
In short, it sucks. It looks like machine translation that was manually corrected in some places with modern youth jargonisms. More of that, it was machine translation from English, not from French. There's constant mix of "tu" and "vous" when one person address another. And some sentences MC said are said in female gender. The lowest point was literal word-by-word translation of "I suck in it". No Russian-speaking man ever will say it like that. And like an icing on a cake, no Russian after combat scene. With no warning, screen goes black and then out of the blue something like Christmas where some people speaks French. I found out how to switch to English of course, but that wasn't a nice experience.
About the game itself. Visually it's beautiful. Renders are really life-like, not some plastic dolls with ideal skin like in many other games here. Game has a story, maybe even interesting one, it's hard to say now, after all it was just a prologue. I like that you give players a choice how they want to see characters in your game, it's a big plus in my mind. And my personal - cat things, all the cat things, were awesome, thank you for that.
I better not mention music and sound part, I rarely turn it on but in your game I turned it off after some time voluntarily.
A long procedure of quitting a game is certainly not good. If you want to say something to players do it before they want to close your software, not after that.
Too many excessive clicks. We don't need to click (or press a button) on every render, we need to click when we read all the text and want to see what's next.
More serious thing, it's good we have many choices, we can choose our LI, we can choose solo or polygamy, we can choose pubic haircut, we can choose who Alex will be... It's so bad that beside that we still see what we don't want to see. I don't get it, if I choose MC likes incest it means MC and his mother are basically almost lovers and MC and his sister don't like each other at the same time. What if I want the opposite? But that was a small thing.
Just right after MC said he likes small boobs (it was a choice) he sees fat baker and begins to dream about her buns (if I correctly translated that word from Russian back to English). It's only one example but you do it with every kink in the game (beside trans, it's what every choice must look like). It's like you showed us that choices are meaningless, MC will lust for every girl, woman or granny he sees anyway. And readers will be forced to read walls of text with descriptions of things they don't like. After all, they play for a 25 years old virgin, sexually disturbed and extremely horny all the time. Believe me, it becomes boring quite fast.

Your game today is a overglorified proof of concept that shows us that you have an idea of a game. That idea can become wonderful, ugly or something in between. I'd like for that idea to become a wonderful game.
Hi and thanks for the long explanation.
I won't be so long as English is not my strong point.
I know that the Russian version is not great. I just received today a new translation which apparently will be better. The translator told me that the current version was very bad.
Then the feeling of the story with a translated version is never the same as with an original version. Even in English, which I think is very good, the information I'm trying to convey won't be identical to the French version. As a result, many little subtleties of language are not conveyed and everything seems exaggerated and not very real.
For example, for breasts, big or small, I use the word "prefer", which doesn't mean that if you prefer small ones, you don't like big ones. You can dislike big breasts and still be fascinated by women with big breasts.
Then I assume that the MC is bewitched by the power of the necklace, which reawakens after many years. That's why Jason comes across as obsessed. Now that he's becoming aware of the demon's existence, things will change and dialogue will begin with the demon...

Lexie lecoeur

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
Lexie lecoeur

What's more, you didn't like the game's music? You're the first to tell me that. Why is that?

Reactions: Ass Fan

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
What's more, you didn't like the game's music? You're the first to tell me that. Why is that?
Two things. First one - usually music twice as louder as it should be than sounds in the game (like girl moaning). In your game - the opposite, sounds twice as louder as it should be comparing to music.
Second one - soundtrack. When I saw "Eye of a tiger" I turn on speakers. There was some kind of music there, it was certainly not "Eye of a tiger". And other songs were in that direction - bright warning with the name on the screen and then something unexpected but really low in volume from the speakers.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Taboo code : taboo_v0.9
you should put this somewhere that everyone can see it. It's not all the time players think of clicking the Dev notes. If it wasn't for me to be curious, i wouldn't found it.

Reactions: Aelth and Mookys

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
If i was the Dev, i would get rid of the option to click to see a close up, I would have it as part of the choices automatically. Like when you grab her by the waist in the truck, you get to see her breasts closer or when you click to take a peak when she's changing, you get a closer view when you click take a peak. It gets boring and irritating to have to click the screen EVERYTIME you can get a closer look.

Last edited:
Reactions: bufa

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
Why are all the names in Russian? I changed the language to English in the settings :(

4.50 star(s) 121 Votes