4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The problem with bi-monthly updates is the content, if you release a good chunk of content like PinkCafe fine, but if you release 5 minutes of content after 2 months people will lost interest fast. Plus it's not the same turning the game bi-monthly after a year of content than turning it in the early stages of development.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The problem with bi-monthly updates is the content, if you release a good chunk of content like PinkCafe fine, but if you release 5 minutes of content after 2 months people will lost interest fast. Plus it's not the same turning the game bi-onthly after a year of content than turning it in the early stages of development.
Sorry but that is not the way how things work.We have plenty of examples of games that are bi-monthly or even 3-4 months and with 5-10 min real content,and make way more money than good games that have an update each month.
JOHN is probably the game with best renders around but that sadly don't translate into more patrons and money.We have a discussion that there is several reasons of that-female MC,no-incest,he start way later when almost anyone willing to give money have already supporting someone etc.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry but that is not the way how things work.We have plenty of examples of games that are bi-monthly or even 3-4 months and with 5-10 min real content,and make way more money than good games that have an update each month.
JOHN is probably the game with best renders around but that sadly don't translate into more patrons and money.We have a discussion that there is several reasons of that-female MC,no-incest,he start way later when almost anyone willing to give money have already supporting someone etc.
Imo the best way to gain patrons is releasing content at a steady pace, there are other factors of course, but steady updates are a big factor here.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Imo the best way to gain patrons is releasing content at a steady pace, there are other factors of course, but steady updates are a big factor here.
Like I said in another thread,almost no one is releasing steady updates.Not to mention that don't bring more money.
Just see Ptolemy and co/Life with Mary,Haley's Story,Alexandra etc/.
The other party with monhtly updates is Mr.Dots/DMD and Melody/,but he makes big money from more than 2 years.He was one of the first that started way back in september 2016 and around DMD 0.0.5-0.0.6 was already making tones of money.

chrizzyCL

Jan 12, 2019
Mark my words ! Every game got delay now, AWAM, Milfy City, This game and many more. That is because I am 100% sure that they are planing to release the updates at the end of this month and take a vacation, besides Milfy City. So we are getting Update now and 2+ months no updates :) . If not this game I am 100% sure for AWAM, this guy dont care at all for his projects, he works when he wants and dont care if his updates took too much time, as long he takes money from it he will do what ever he wants. In the very moment this developers being cut from their money they will start realeasing updates extremely fast. I only respect Milfy City the developer there shows that he needs a vacation and froze his incoming money for that time!
Awam announced that he plans to launch an update for the first week of June ... I think this will be the same ... hopefully this month to keep me busy with these two during this month :D

Reactions: MrSIB

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Awam announced that he plans to launch an update for the first week of June ... I think this will be the same ... hopefully this month to keep me busy with these two during this month :D
This week/at least it is already the new week for me/ we are expecting JOHN 0.20,AWAM 0.080 and MP 0.3/Midnight Paradise/.

Reactions: James009

umby

May 27, 2017
as the developer's choice, I respect it, but I admit that supporting a game that has no (precise) release dates in cash is not the best. I assume this is the general opinion without detracting from the beauty of the game which is phenomenal.

Reactions: Ragnar and rateezy

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
as the developer's choice, I respect it, but I admit that supporting a game that has no (precise) release dates in cash is not the best. I assume this is the general opinion without detracting from the beauty of the game which is phenomenal.
Well then you can choose from only 10 games from around 500 titles.
Because realy Mr.Dots,Ptolemy and Co,The Twist and a couple others are making updates at precise date.
Now even Something Unlimited and Glamour are no more on the same day each other and each month respectively.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Well then you can choose from only 10 games from around 500 titles.
Because realy Mr.Dots,Ptolemy and Co,The Twist and a couple others are making updates at precise date.
Now even Something Unlimited and Glamour are no more on the same day each other and each month respectively.
There are some other higher rated titles like Good Girl Gone Bad, Our Fate, Where The Heart Is, Long Live The Princess that get for the most part consistent monthly updates. Maybe that's a big reason they are so successful.

Reactions: Ragnar

umby

May 27, 2017
There are some other higher rated titles like Good Girl Gone Bad, Our Fate, Where The Heart Is, Long Live The Princess that get for the most part consistent monthly updates. Maybe that's a big reason they are so successful.
There Is also serialnumbercomics

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well that doesn't explain how the titles that are not consistent montly makes way more money than these 4 titles.
Not to mention that only GGGB is realy making big money.And these games don't have a release like 5-th each month/BB,Glamour-not anymore/,or last Friday/Saturday of the month/DMD,Melody/.
Also I said "and a couple others":)

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Well that doesn't explain how the titles that are not consistent montly makes way more money than these 4 titles.
Not to mention that only GGGB is realy making big money.And these games don't have a release like 5-th each month/BB,Glamour-not anymore/,or last Friday/Saturday of the month/DMD,Melody/.
Also I said "and a couple others":)
It depends what you consider big. Where The Heart Is brings ~5200 before Patreon take their cut. I would say that's big enough for some countries. The theme, the presentation, the quality of work matter more than consistent updates, but I would say if you update your project in the time frame you've set - there's a better chance to accumulate more interest and pledges than following "when it's done approach".

Reactions: MrSIB

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It depends what you consider big. Where The Heart Is brings ~5200 before Patreon take their cut. I would say that's big enough for some countries. The theme, the presentation, the quality of work matter more than consistent updates, but I would say if you update your project in the time frame you've set - there's a better chance to accumulate more interest and pledges than following "when it's done approach".
I know but sadly this is not the truth.Only 1 dev that makes constant updates/Mr.Dots-last Friday/Saturday of the month/ is realy among these that are making $20K+ or even if you decide to go only to $10K+ per month.All others are with when is ready.

umby

May 27, 2017
I fully agree with you, also because stoper has decided that the updates will be brief and will focus on the quality and slow progression of the story. this in itself makes it perhaps a bit of a niche. for example in Jessica's game there are a lot of fetishes that I love but that aren't in the game. not bad because the quality is magnificent. but I am only one of many, while others can turn up their nose with policies like these.

Reactions: penmaster

lisp

Dec 10, 2017
Hey stoper just wondering if you still plan on converting the android ports jpg's to webp after this upcoming update.?

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes