4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Please read again, i said dev's as plural and i'm not talking only models here and i'm pretty sure that some outfits and environments used here i saw in other games too...
"dev's" is not plural. "dev's" is singular possessive.

This is the JOHN thread, so any criticism of models/assets used is going to be assumed to be of stoper by default. If you want to criticize other devs (that's the plural) as well, you need to spell that out.

And of course you saw some assets used in JOHN in other games. The asset stores are not infinite. You'll see some devs (there's that plural again) making their own models, or customizing existing models, but a lot of devs (...) won't do that. It seems to me, with my not-so-artistic eye, that Stoper is putting a lot of customization in his models.

I, for one, am not going to criticize him or his methods. His product is really nice; whether he takes 1 month or 5 isn't any skin off my teeth. He could release crap every month (as some devs [...] do), but he's decided that he wants to produce excellence, not crap, so he releases it when it's done. 5 months of crap vs 1 5 month excellent release could ultimately be the same, but would be more satisfying to the content creator. (time frame pulled out of my butt).

This dev's (that's the correct usage) alright in my book.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I feel pedantic enough tonight to point out that dev's is OK since an apostrophe can also be used to denote missing letters. Dev's could then be an abbreviated form for developers, with the -eloper- abbreviated out.
Occam's Razor tells me you're being a bit TOO pedantic! :D

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
I feel pedantic enough tonight to point out that dev's is OK since an apostrophe can also be used to denote missing letters. Dev's could then be an abbreviated form for developers, with the -eloper- abbreviated out.
Thank you for the explanation, you saved me some writing...(y)

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
fuckyouassholes , don't know, really. I have an overall plot in mind, but for the details I go with what I feel in the moment, what the characters would do.
That's some George R. R. Martin school of writing right there. :giggle: Good luck! Hopefully the next release is close.

Also, that's some quality r/rimjob_steve right there. :LOL:

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
The toxicity of the erotica community is something else huh..people keep treating these games like they are forced to support and play them.

Stoper is part of a minuscule group of people that actually put the work in, yet some still find a way to complain about it.
People like praising DmD and MotH left and right but you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that there's a massive difference in quality between those games and this one, yet this one makes a lot less money..

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
kasata, its about time.
just think of Sarah's Life, he got tons of support for such mediocre game.
DmD have been around for years.
stoper just recently started and he is gaining support bit by bit, so I dont think people are not seeing the quality, but it need time to grow and get recognition.
the complaining its not new, people like to complain, even I do sometimes. but I try to not be a child about it.
tons of members in f95 could be teenagers and a lot are young dudes, they don't have the capacity to understand since the cock is talking and taking over. with experience and age you learn to control it, but not entirely, since the cock is strong!

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
kasata, its about time.
just think of Sarah's Life, he got tons of support for such mediocre game.
DmD have been around for years.
stoper just recently started and he is gaining support bit by bit, so I dont think people are not seeing the quality, but it need time to grow and get recognition.
the complaining its not new, people like to complain, even I do sometimes. but I try to not be a child about it.
tons of members in f95 could be teenagers and a lot are young dudes, they don't have the capacity to understand since the cock is talking and taking over. with experience and age you learn to control it, but not entirely, since the cock is strong!
Completely agree.

I'll take quality and slower updates over monthly (and less quality) updates any day of the week.

Jessica is one of my favourite adult games, and while we're having to wait for this update I feel it will be worth it.

Everyone needs to remember most of these games are done as a hobby, ok a hobby with some financial support, but a hobby none the less.

And yes, you're right, the cock is strong! (it's why we're here after all) :)

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Since pedantry tends to be contagious, I want to point out that this is a highly divisive issue. In fact, if we take into account grammar books, while it is acknowledged that the apostrophe is used to express omission of letters, this is only allowed in very specific environments. One of which, I'm afraid, is not the plural of nouns, or abbreviations. In fact, you shouldn't use the apostrophe to form plurals, except when it comes to single letters (the p's, the o's), since it easily leads to ambiguities.

Having said that, as with many other things in English, there is not unanimity about this, and there are people who claim that using the apostrophe is fine even in those circumstances. Furthermore, some stylebooks include rules to that effect. In any case, the prevalent tendency among grammarians is still to recommend avoiding the apostrophe.

For those interested in the matter, a more comprehensive explanation can be found here:

PS: Sorry for the grammar nazism, but I teach English and couldn't help myself. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Percy

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Since pedantry tends to be contagious, I want to point out that this is a highly divisive issue. In fact, if we take into account grammar books, while it is acknowledged that the apostrophe is used to express omission of letters, this is only allowed in very specific environments. One of which, I'm afraid, is not the plural of nouns, or abbreviations. In fact, you shouldn't use the apostrophe to form plurals, except when it comes to single letters (the p's, the o's), since it easily leads to ambiguities.

Having said that, as with many other things in English, there is not unanimity about this, and there are people who claim that using the apostrophe is fine even in those circumstances. Furthermore, some stylebooks include rules to that effect. In any case, the prevalent tendency among grammarians is still to recommend avoiding the apostrophe.

For those interested in the matter, a more comprehensive explanation can be found here:

PS: Sorry for the grammar nazism, but I teach English and couldn't help myself. :LOL:
Jessica must send you the photo she sent to Tommy:)
Neena Thurman of course:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Chouquette

Sep 22, 2018
The toxicity of the erotica community is something else huh..people keep treating these games like they are forced to support and play them.

Stoper is part of a minuscule group of people that actually put the work in, yet some still find a way to complain about it.
People like praising DmD and MotH left and right but you don't have to be Einstein to figure out that there's a massive difference in quality between those games and this one, yet this one makes a lot less money..
Thank. You.

You can really tell that there is a lot of work put in this game, wether it's in its storytelling, that actually tries to have a concept and work with it, follow a main narrative and have character moments. And also in its art (image quality, lighting, environments)

It does really bother me, as you said, that games like DmD and MotH get so much praise and are talked in the same vein as games like City of broken dreamers, Being a Dik and this one. They are just clearly superior in almost every way.

And if you don't see the difference, do not complain about anything :)

Waiting for that kind of work is worth it

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes