4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

poio

May 11, 2017
Please lookup the meaning of patronage. This is what Patreon offers. It isn't a platform from where you order "updates" or complete games.

If you think your money is wasted withdraw your support and move on. No one force you to continue to support someone on petreon neither did you sign a contract with Patreon nor with the artist.

Therefore a punishment system isn't needed, because you have full control about the amount and duration of your support.

My tip: Make a "donation" as soon as an update is available and wait for next update and "donate" again. Or wait a full year and get a bigger update for the same "donation".
I understand that patreon works like this, maybe I was misreading or it was not understood what I wanted to say (sorry, English is not my mother language).

I mean, if you, as a creator, are committing yourself to your sponsors on certain dates, you are obliged to meet them, or if you do not suffer penalties from there, why give a departure date for your product and then delay it 4 times? is to be deceiving your sponsors, (you could also say that it is a fraud), since you are not complying and what it seems is that you give one excuse after another for your delays so that people continue to contribute money.

Reactions: bigdickwaterland

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
By pledging 20$/month, the Creator promises you certain advantages over those who subscribed for 10$. If he doesn't uphold his promise to deliver product x, he's in breach of the contract.

Per definition a contract is reached when two parties enter into a formal and legally binding agreement.
Formal you are absolutely right. However, a supporter agreed to the condition that they get access to an update as soon as it is ready, without a fixed time announced - as you can see from Stoper's support level.
1595771750727.png

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I mean, if you, as a creator, are committing yourself to your sponsors on certain dates
Time is relative :ROFLMAO:.. (Sorry for the bad joke)!

For a supporter delays within the same month aren't important, because they already pledged for the month. It gets ugly as soon as an update gets announced for e.g. July but gets released in August. Means, everyone who pledged in July with the intent to get the update have to pledge in August again.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
For a supporter delays within the same month aren't important, because they already pledged for the month. It gets ugly as soon as an update gets announced for e.g. July but gets released in August. Means, everyone who pledged in July with the intent to get the update have to pledge in August again.
It's good that Stoper sends the update to the patrons regardless if he misses the end of the month deadline acknowledging everyones position and his own delays.

Reactions: cold_arctus

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
I dont understand why these people are bitching like crazy about the delayed update.

Some people who going berserk against stoper are not even a patron just like me. Relax guys it will come out. Yeah its true that story and lack of development are hindering the growth of this but it is what it is.

VulgarJoys

Nov 6, 2018
I dont understand why these people are bitching like crazy about the delayed update.

Some people who going berserk against stoper are not even a patron just like me. Relax guys it will come out. Yeah its true that story and lack of development are hindering the growth of this but it is what it is.
People do not whine, and are ready to wait as long as necessary! But why feed people with promises every time and not fulfill them? If Stoper was engaged only in this project (the main one), I think there would be much less comments. Many people supported him, like me! But when updates are delayed for his other projects, I personally do not have the desire to support him further. That's it!

PS: I hope in the future Stoper will only deal with this project. :geek:

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
People do not whine, and are ready to wait as long as necessary! But why feed people with promises every time and not fulfill them? If Stoper was engaged only in this project (the main one), I think there would be much less comments. Many people supported him, like me! But when updates are delayed for his other projects, I personally do not have the desire to support him further. That's it!

PS: I hope in the future Stoper will only deal with this project. :geek:
I agree with most of what you're saying, but if you look at this thread there's a ton of people just whining and crying about the delays/development time without bothering to explain their position and how they think it impacts the development of the game, which isn't constructive for anyone involved.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
It is astonishing how silent patrons in general are. You have a handful of patrons who frequently chat with you, but >90% of them are mute. The higher their support level the quieter they are. :LOL:
I am not silent even if my level of support is not very high but since he was supposed to release a BETA I felt compelled to ask him how big this BETA was to which he replied yesterday. Many also lacked the courage to ask them.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Many also lacked the courage to ask them.
or they are to afraid to talk in English.

I'm a Mod on a server with almost 7,000 members (patrons and non-patrons) and I see and talk to the same 10 people there. A bit more if i use (@)everyone tag :D

But tbh I don't want to be a Mod or a dev on a server like Milfy City where non-supporters tag the dev non-stop to accuse or insult him.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Please lookup the meaning of patronage. This is what Patreon offers. It isn't a platform from where you order "updates" or complete games.
I think most people here understand the concept of Patreon pretty well.

However, this does not change the fact that some developers are really quite brazen. I sometimes think that a little more feedback, not only in text but also in reducing the flow of money would be useful. A system that supports actual project planning with concrete milestones and traceable goals. Currently, the situation often arises that developers tend to increase the hourly earnings by delaying new content. It would be perfect if these developers would simply receive less money.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I think most people here understand the concept of Patreon pretty well.

However, this does not change the fact that some developers are really quite brazen. I sometimes think that a little more feedback, not only in text but also in reducing the flow of money would be useful. A system that supports actual project planning with concrete milestones and traceable goals. Currently, the situation often arises that developers tend to increase the hourly earnings by delaying new content. It would be perfect if these developers would simply receive less money.
I do not disagree with you, because you point out something important, but who should control that and by which rules? :unsure:

So far the only "punishment" is: Supporter cancelling their support.

gekk0z

Nov 6, 2017
the creative writing process is not something the dev can pull out of a hat at whim. add to that the fact that the dev has to create a visual as well as write, makes it all the more difficult. the dev is human, give him a break eh?

as for patreon, you pledge a support, not buy a product. can't afford to not see results for a few months at a time? maybe you are not cut out to be a patron of the arts. besides, it's only a few bucks a month to support an artist who both writes and draws to entertain you.

grow up and quit whinging.

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
the creative writing process is not something the dev can pull out of a hat at whim. add to that the fact that the dev has to create a visual as well as write, makes it all the more difficult. the dev is human, give him a break eh?

as for patreon, you pledge a support, not buy a product. can't afford to not see results for a few months at a time? maybe you are not cut out to be a patron of the arts. besides, it's only a few bucks a month to support an artist who both writes and draws to entertain you.

if I remember correctly someone else writes for him.

Reactions: rateezy

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
if I remember correctly someone else writes for him.
You're right, he has a writer, and even then he doesn't make the art to entertain us, like the guy you quoted implies, he makes it to make money. I seriously don't understand the mentality some people have, that you can't possibly criticize anyone.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018

Sure the writing process is very important since it makes or breaks the game, but imagine going through the script for errors and checking it on a release date, does that make any sense? Stuff like that should be done way beforehand, before you get anywhere close to providing a release date, no wonder he always misses his dates. So it's you who needs to grow up and see proper criticism where it exists instead of defending blindly.

Last edited:
Reactions: poio and rateezy
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes