4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

umby

May 27, 2017
Last tuesday stoper said that he need more than week to finish the update. More than a week means 8 days atleast. Today is 7-th day. But stoper didn't say two more weeks, so I think that version 0.4 will be released before saturday! Or I hope so! :)
animations take time and it seems stoper has been too stubborn about some of them, or at least this is the version that emerges.

Fzk

Jun 18, 2019
Dude, just wait for the 20th of the month, if it doesn't, it'll probably be at the end of the year, uhmm ... so it'll probably.
But stoper didn't say two more weeks, so I think that version 0.4 will be released before saturday! Or I hope so! :)

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Rocco doesn't do postwork (photoshop) on his renders, but Stoper does (same as Lewdlab, PhillyGames, Motkeyz etc.).

Not doing postwork on your renders saves a lot of time too, that's why Dr. PinkCake doesn't do it often (you clearly can see it in his renders). (And to be honest some of Pink's renders look like colorful smashed potatoes).
Yeah, true, and you can easily see the difference if you look at the quality of renders these 4 developers do, and compare them to the rest. I would add a game called Come inside that has amazing looking renders too.
Also i absolutely agree about dr. Pinkcake, and his Being a Dik game. I consider it the best game on this site, with ok-good renders, but often while playing BADIK i thought about how amazing would it be if it had the render quality of JOHN.

Reactions: cold_arctus

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Hello everyone, I want to start the APK version on my Samsung tablet, but it doesn't work. The mega version no longer exists.
Can someone help me? That would be great.
Greetings for Christmas ...
I just checked, yup the link is gone and i alerted the mods. Meanwhile you could use Nopy link, it's faster than Mega.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
You must check your eyes.Spellbook renders hardly can be even in top 20-30 titles let alone in top 5.
I understand you are talking about renders only... I have read the reviews and all of them are talking about the renders.
For sure is a great job by the render side...
I see that in this game the story progression is optional...
so the Jessica's story will remain stuck until the renders will be ready?
I bet we need to wait until 2024 or maybe more for the story progression... and if some new technology came out?
in any case I will keep in touch with JOHN from time to time.
Yeah, true, and you can easily see the difference if you look at the quality of renders these 4 developers do, and compare them to the rest. I would add a game called Come inside that has amazing looking renders too.
Also i absolutely agree about dr. Pinkcake, and his Being a Dik game. I consider it the best game on this site, with ok-good renders, but often while playing BADIK i thought about how amazing would it be if it had the render quality of JOHN.
Not sure if this type of rendering is suitable for BADIK ... (it might looks pompous because the story is powerful) the game is full of active objects that react at the cursor touch (opening doors and more) BADIK it comes with great renders for me. They fit perfectly with the story progression and the atmosphere in the renders is immersive in the story (better renders can distract players can cause delay problems on active objects)

technique is not ART! technique is just a part of art in a visual media job.

Dr. PinkCake knows that history is much more important than the technique used for rendering ... Being aDIK would still be in its first version if Dr. PinkCake used this type of rendering
BADIK comes with great MUSIC and the storylines are many and perfect .. the renders are great and allow the developer to go fast in the story progressions.

1) Simple is better and immediately reaches the audience's heart.
2) the delay in getting the best possible technique is superfluous and doesn't help the audience to fall in love with the story.

If you like best renders JOHN is a must have!

Reactions: dobzzz

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
Why would there be a christmas release? Wouldnt the dev be busy celebrating christmas?
usually is the best time to get more supporters because people in the Christmas holidays have money to spend
also the latest release page is updated every about 20/30 minutes with a new release update... in this days

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes