4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The assets are the same as the first chapter of Paola. I often try to improve the models as I work, and I learn new techniques and whatnot. But generally the models and the assets are the same. It's just that sometimes an image clicks, the lighting fits well, the camera angle snaps, and it ends up looking better than the rest of the pack.
I think these models look better in closer shots actually and the lenses used should influence too. I did an experiment which consisted in converting some of your renders from one scene in two closer shots each one https://f95zone.to/threads/jessica-...rt-assets-thread-stoperart.17674/post-4780332 What do you think? I hope it doesn't bother you.

By the way, I have seen the work of someone in this forum that, in my opinion, can match your renders quality and was searching for job. Besides, he has an advanced knowledge in photography so his renders look very cinematic. If you are considering hiring someone to help you to speed up the develompent time and be able to work in different projects more confortable, I could ask him if he is still looking for job and I give you his username, so you evaluate his work. It seems that he hasn't made money with his render so far (he has done only fan arts for a few games), maybe he isn't expensive and he could help you increasing your patrons with faster releases.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think these models look better in closer shots actually and the lenses used should influence too. I did an experiment which consisted in converting some of your renders from one scene in two closer shots each one https://f95zone.to/threads/jessica-...rt-assets-thread-stoperart.17674/post-4780332 What do you think? I hope it doesn't bother you.

By the way, I have seen the work of someone in this forum that, in my opinion, can match your renders quality and was searching for job. Besides, he has an advanced knowledge in photography so his renders look very cinematic. If you are considering hiring someone to help you to speed up the develompent time and be able to work in different projects more confortable, I could ask him if he is still looking for job and I give you his username, so you evaluate his work. It seems that he hasn't made money with his render so far (he has done only fan arts for a few games), maybe he isn't expensive and he could help you increasing your patrons with faster releases.
As for what you think on the models...artists vision. Stoper does few close-ups...it's not his style. Most devs work alone for a reason. Some...will trust the artists vision. Most won't. (I wouldn't either). So what...he still poses the scene and sends the scene file to this person to render them? May as well just do it himself. See the issues here? Plus, relying on others is notoriously filled with pitfalls. Hence, why again many work alone.

There are many people who can rival the best here when it comes to rendering. Hundreds even. Whether they can program, find the time to actually do it day in, day out, week in, week out...you see my point here? There's a reason so many VN's get abandoned. Because it's damn time-consuming working for 25 cents an hour.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
As for what you think on the models...artists vision. Stoper does few close-ups...it's not his style. Most devs work alone for a reason. Some...will trust the artists vision. Most won't. (I wouldn't either). So what...he still poses the scene and sends the scene file to this person to render them? May as well just do it himself. See the issues here? Plus, relying on others is notoriously filled with pitfalls. Hence, why again many work alone.

There are many people who can rival the best here when it comes to rendering. Hundreds even. Whether they can program, find the time to actually do it day in, day out, week in, week out...you see my point here? There's a reason so many VN's get abandoned. Because it's damn time-consuming working for 25 cents an hour.
Of course, it's true what you wrote. I hope my post doesn't seem a way to push him or something he must do. I just wanted to comment that, if he is interested in someway. For example, Apocalypse Chronicles is on hold since 2018, getting help to finish it could be a good idea, many people consider that finishing something is better than only doing in your own way and not be able to finish it (at least in a coherent time), that depends of the dev of course.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I like it. I don't do much close up shots, but I really should have them now and then. At some point I will make edits to the old events, both images and script, and I will keep your suggestion in mind.

As far as getting help, the way DAZ works makes it rather hard to do. I've been thinking about it, and one area where I lose a lot of time is fixing clothes and hair. This is done in an external program, so passing it on to someone else to drape garments in Marvelous Designer, or fix the deformations in ZBrush would be pretty simple. But I have not seen anyone who does it to the extent I want it done.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I like it. I don't do much close up shots, but I really should have them now and then. At some point I will make edits to the old events, both images and script, and I will keep your suggestion in mind.

As far as getting help, the way DAZ works makes it rather hard to do. I've been thinking about it, and one area where I lose a lot of time is fixing clothes and hair. This is done in an external program, so passing it on to someone else to drape garments in Marvelous Designer, or fix the deformations in ZBrush would be pretty simple. But I have not seen anyone who does it to the extent I want it done.
Would going back to old event to rework the images and script be time intensive, or is it a simple process? I'd hate to see you try and improve on old events and end up spending a lot of time on something that's already really good.

Reactions: cakeny

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018

Enough of daz where is our update

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Would going back to old event to rework the images and script be time intensive, or is it a simple process? I'd hate to see you try and improve on old events and end up spending a lot of time on something that's already really good.
I'm not sure how complex it will be, depends how much I decide to change. So far I have a few small script revisions in mind, that would just make Jessica's relationship with Conner a little more consistent with her actions. As well as some graphic fixes that may not require re-rendering, just some postwork. But that's sometime in the future, when I find time for it.

Enough of daz where is our update
Take a breath and enjoy the festivities, mate. The update will come sooner or later.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
[...] that would just make Jessica's relationship with Conner a little more consistent with her actions.
In other words: the relationship will reflect the player's choices. For example if Jessica shows more affection to Parker or other guys she will push Conner away from her?:unsure:

Maybe then Conner will ask Jessica's mother for advise which leads to an interesting development between Conner and Jessica's mom. :love: (Just day dreaming here :sneaky:)

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
In other words: the relationship will reflect the player's choices. For example if Jessica shows more affection to Parker or other guys she will push Conner away from her?:unsure:

Maybe then Conner will ask Jessica's mother for advise which leads to an interesting development between Conner and Jessica's mom. :love: (Just day dreaming here :sneaky:)
Here's hoping we can totally shut him out and no forced sex with him.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Mmmh.. I don't have a problem seeing Connor banging any chicks. It is all fantasy for me and if it helps to get Jessica "sluttier", then why not? :LOL:
I don't care what he does with anyone else, as long as I don't have to see it. Just wanna cut ties with him and get it on with Heather and cafe girl.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes