4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

HV3

Jun 5, 2017
Apparently the developer will a tough choice. Either he lose a significant part of the audience, or roll back to the old version
No, this looks like a bad release that is being shared.

Does 0.41 work for anyone ? can you list your Windows Version ?
The User just a page back is having issues on Windows 10!

kalifrey20

Aug 31, 2020

To me it worked perfect on Windows 10 prof. no issues at all

Reactions: HV3

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yes, I tried to disable the antivirus and run it as administrator. Does not help. The previous version never had such problems (the antivirus always worked and did not need to run from the administrator).
Came here to find you guys are having the same issue.
I'm on Windows 7 and JOHN 0.40 works but 0.41 is giving the same "This is not a valid Win 32 exe" I have tried both the 64 and JOHN-32.exe
The old Ren'Py version used software render and the new version use user's hardware. Means, if the game won't start then the game can't access the required library in the "lib" folder. Either try to launch the game by holding left-shift key or copy over JOHN's "game" folder and paste it into another game, which was build with the old Ren'Py version (7.3.5).

Reactions: HV3

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
The other important aspect for me to enjoy a female protagonist is the cheating component. I can't get into it unless there is an oblivious husband or boyfriend. While Connor's sex scenes can be a little vanilla, I like that Jessica has opportunities to earn points with him to keep him content so he is obliviously strung along while she fucks around behind his back. Even this last scene with Connor was kind of hot because she's thinking about the fat mayor while fucking him.
I was talking about the game moving forward, not the scenes that are already in there. The one I replied to wanted to ditch the boyfriend which I don't think is a good idea. Besides, some people like Connor or Jessica being faithful so him becoming more interesting as a character would enrich both paths. When Jessica can't get the mayor out of her head despite Connor bringing his A game we would all win. :LUL:

Reactions: Tulrek

HV3

Jun 5, 2017
The old Ren'Py version used software render and the new version use user's hardware. Means, if the game won't start then the game can't access the required library in the "lib" folder. Either try to launch the game by holding left-shift key or copy over JOHN's "game" folder and paste it into another game, which was build with the old Ren'Py version (7.3.5).
Wonderful. Love it when people explain how to fix on not just fix. I like learning things.

I moved the \game folder into the same Directory as the Compressed version. 0.41 is working now. Seems it was definitely this. I dont mind if the Dev wants to use the new Renpy but as long as we can still play from the old one I guess its fine till we hit an in-game error that relies on the new Renpy render method (but if it uses user HW, then I dont see how replacing files could cause issues, still a win).

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
OH YEAH! Very thanks! It worked! For all the people: I took the distribution v.0.40, deleted folder game there and then copied to the folder of the game v.0.41

Munkieshines

Nov 12, 2018
would really love to know why so many of my favorite games, this one included, are being flagged as carrying a Trojan

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

it worked for me the first start windows 8.1 pro gave me an alert, I chose to continue and no problem

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
did u have any solution ?
so the update was really short or i just missed something?
OH YEAH! Very thanks! It worked! For all the people: I took the distribution v.0.40, deleted folder game there and then copied to the folder of the game v.0.41

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
In other word use the 0.35 update files, delete the /game folder.
Download and extract the 0.41 files and move the /game folder of the 0.41 version in the 0.35.
Then launch the exe from the 0.35 files.

Reactions: Busted1201

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I love this game, but its producer's carelessness drives me crazy. I'm downloading the game right now and I hope it didn't get a 15-minute update to the game. If he made such a mistake, I will not play this game again.
You do realize that this isn't an update but more a patch adding the missing POV renders to last update (v0.40).

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes