4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Victor069

Jun 6, 2018
I understand that waiting can be grueling but complaining in this special case? Really?
So for the ones who are complaining about the time that the developer needs for his updates and demand that he should work on quality levels of your taste: This is his game, not yours. You just pay (if even) or wait for the right to play it. Nobody forces you to live in celibacy until he releases his updates, so try not to force your will on him. If at all, you will only manage to ruin his mood, which will probably only lead to him needing even longer or completely losing the pleasure to dedicate himself to the game again.
Let the man tell his story in the way he loves the most and take your pleasure in playing it when you can.
Constructive criticism is one thing and like witty suggestions for sure welcome but to just complain about a thing, that you might not even know about how to do it (better) by yourself leads to nothing productive.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
where did you find this information?
have you seen my table?
go to stoper's patreon page and check the release dates
That's what you wrote 0.3+0.31+0.35 are 4.5+4.5+4 months = 1 year and 1 month I have been good I have forgiven you one month:p

Back

Aug 3, 2017
On one hand I want to speed up the game pace, but I'm also having fun working on the side stuff... I don't know, we'll see.
I've reached my "like" limit for the day, but I just wanted to say that what you said is cool too. You gotta have joy in what you do so that you don't burn yourself out, and if working on the side stuff is fun then that's alright by me. Sure, some folks might groan about that but hey, you do you, Stoper.

At others, it's NOT like this dev has burned a lot of good will or ignore their fanbase like some out there (and we all know one or two). I mean, he's active even here and communicates with folks. So if he's keeping a fairly steady pace without having to sacrifice quality, then just think of the side stuff that he does as bonus stuff. It's all good, I think. Besides, it gives y'all an opportunity to try other things that might've piqued your interest in the meantime, yes no? Ultimately, y'all's free time is what you guys want to do with it. And if it doesn't hurt any one then no one will judge ya. ;]

Alrighty guys, gals, Stoper, and everyone else, y'all be safe and enjoy yourselves. Stay awesome! Cheers! :D

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I would gladly take less quality renders as long as we had regular updates..waiting like 6 months for a new update is just silly.
I would not. It is a little bit annoying to wait so long for an update, but the reason why the game is so good are this small touches he makes for the game to look this good. Games of JOHN´s quality are rare and those games are worth waiting as long as the quality remains high, imo. Still, it has been a long time since December and the last full update. Will now stay silent and wait patiently until the update, whenever that may be, Stoper has been cryptic in his posts lately.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I would not. It is a little bit annoying to wait so long for an update, but the reason why the game is so good are this small touches he makes for the game to look this good. Games of JOHN´s quality are rare and those games are worth waiting as long as the quality remains high, imo. Still, it has been a long time since December and the last full update. Will now stay silent and wait patiently until the update, whenever that be, Stoper has been cryptic in his posts lately.
There has to be a compromise.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I would not. It is a little bit annoying to wait so long for an update, but the reason why the game is so good are this small touches he makes for the game to look this good. Games of JOHN´s quality are rare and those games are worth waiting as long as the quality remains high, imo. Still, it has been a long time since December and the last full update. Will now stay silent and wait patiently until the update, whenever that may be, Stoper has been cryptic in his posts lately.
I don't mind waiting for a good story. If waiting means getting the best content for Jessica O Neil that just means a bigger load i can blow

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
There has to be a compromise.
Honestly, I don't think that there has to be any compromise on quality in order for the updates to come closer together. Yes, quality does take time, and the highest quality takes more time than medium quality, but I'm convinced that the thing which creates the largest delay between Stoper's updates is how many side projects he has going on. He's dissipating his time and energy to a considerable degree. If Stoper were to put all of his other projects on hold and focus entirely on JOHN, the game would probably be updated every second month, or at least every third month.

Reactions: Back

GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019
if i just wanted to read, i'd get a book.
the images must be compared to the text, for me no more than 5 lines of text per image, otherwise I am bored.
I think JOHN is a good compromise between text and images.
4 months for updates is the average for "decent" games.
I can just as well flip that around and say if I wanted all the "camera cuts" i'd watch a movie. It goes both ways. There's a balance you can reach and then there's overkill.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
That's what you wrote 0.3+0.31+0.35 are 4.5+4.5+4 months = 1 year and 1 month I have been good I have forgiven you one month:p
0.30 and 0.35 are two different updates.
stoper has always used this numbering.
there are 8 patches
so you miscalculated

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
0.30 and 0.35 are two different updates.
stoper has always used this numbering.
there are 8 patches
so you miscalculated
In fact it is wrong because Up 0.30 and 0.35 it is an update only and as content and as time of the game is minimal, that's why I no longer supported it took too long to make an update in my opinion short. Because for the rest has always been one of the best in my opinion.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
and what, wait for a yearly update on that game as well? lmao ,starting to move on,pretty much why I never became a patron to both games,both were my favorites,but way to slow on updates, and when the update arrives,its like one scene if that ,again moved on.
I can't remember if I supported this game or not, but I damn sure supported AWAM. When it began (or when I stumbled across it) it seemed to be a dream game: excellent art with a desire to set up a 'realistic' story and pacing. I stayed with it until I noticed releases were getting less and less, and each release barely moved the needle in terms of action or even story. I am still on the sidelines with JOHN, mostly because I am not ready to support a new game. The story here has moved briskly, without being trashy.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes