4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

AdaIVANOVA

Oct 25, 2020
Hey, everyone. I was hoping to release the update tomorrow (Saturday), but I'm overwhelmed Amanda with writing in the last moment, so I doubt we'll make it. So it should be ready on Sunday. All images are ready, postwork, renpy structure. The only thing left is the final writing and some testing. Almost there.
The next message on Sunday night might be "not going to bed until it´s ready!" and then on Monday "Damn it, I won't make it without some sleep. Everything is ready, but the final coding in RenPy and that's going too slow. Bla Bla and sorry guys."

Then... we will have the update around mid week...

Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
When it comes to devs like Stoper and some others who are infamous for delays, what one should understand is that they are artists first and programmer/coders/computer expert second/none. Yes their renders are beautiful and well done, but as artists they tend to be caught up in the creative process so much that they have no real sense of when their vision comes to fruition. It will happen eventually.

This also means the are not working on optimizing their rendering engine. My understanding is that every engine has specific settings which when tweaked properly would allow rendering of images much faster than it would otherwise. But it would take a programmer with working knowledge of the engine to optimize it properly. Also these settings would have to tweaked constantly for different images. Its not just about how powerful your hardware is, it is about making sure that your software can harness the maximum of the hardware's potential. I understand that devs who are artists don't delve into optimizing or understanding the engine they work with as much as they can, which causes delays in rendering and completing their vision even when their creative juices (no pun) are overflowing.

Pestering the devs or leaving negative reviews on a pirate site isn't going to do much. At this point it would be best to check back once in a week or two to see if there is any progress.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
This also means the are not working on optimizing their rendering engine. My understanding is that every engine has specific settings which when tweaked properly would allow rendering of images much faster than it would otherwise. But it would take a programmer with working knowledge of the engine to optimize it properly. Also these settings would have to tweaked constantly for different images. Its not just about how powerful your hardware is, it is about making sure that your software can harness the maximum of the hardware's potential. I understand that devs who are artists don't delve into optimizing or understanding the engine they work with as much as they can, which causes delays in rendering and completing their vision even when their creative juices (no pun) are overflowing.
Implying that people that work in Blender, Daz or whatever have no idea how to change render settings, which is something that's made available to the user and can be easily tweaked, the people that made these programs aren't idiots, they didn't make them so only programmers can use them efficiently, otherwise you'd have a hell of a lot less people using them.

Yeah down to a more technical level sure, most people don't have a clue how to change the core of the renderer they're using, I have now idea Cycles works, but I know how I can improve render times in program.

Reactions: palmtrees89

Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
Yeah down to a more technical level sure, most people don't have a clue how to change the core of the renderer they're using, I have now idea Cycles works, but I know how I can improve render times in program.
That is what i was trying to say. Im definitely not saying that artists are idiots. Im saying that compared to the speed with which they could render and the speed at which they are able to render makes a lot of difference in how fast their project moves forward.

Reactions: TheGag

umby

May 27, 2017
Hey, everyone. I was hoping to release the update tomorrow (Saturday), but I'm overwhelmed Amanda with writing in the last moment, so I doubt we'll make it. So it should be ready on Sunday. All images are ready, postwork, renpy structure. The only thing left is the final writing and some testing. Almost there.
another week ok

Reactions: the3m_dude

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
That is what i was trying to say. Im definitely not saying that artists are idiots. Im saying that compared to the speed with which they could render and the speed at which they are able to render makes a lot of difference in how fast their project moves forward.
Well how do you know the speed at which stoper's rendering their work? For all we know they could be getting them done really fast and it's something else that's slowing them down.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Well how do you know the speed at which stoper's rendering their work? For all we know they could be getting them done really fast and it's something else that's slowing them down.
from what I understand, even in other discussions with other developers, the problem is not the rendering and its speed; but the setting of the scene: looking for the right light, the right pose of the characters, changing the settings so as not to have standard locations etc; how much does the graphic engine affect these processes?
I believe very little

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
from what I understand, even in other discussions with other developers, the problem is not the rendering and its speed; but the setting of the scene: looking for the right light, the right pose of the characters, changing the settings so as not to have standard locations etc; how much does the graphic engine affect these processes?
I believe very little
Yes I remember Stoper telling me exactly that. The little details as clipping clothes, hairs and make nutural poses were very time consuming.

AdaIVANOVA

Oct 25, 2020
Stoper on a friday night out with the boys, spending some of the patron money on hookers. Now if he'd be able to work on the game for a couple minutes I'd really appreciate that!

"Almost there." It feels like I've heard this before. Maybe thats just me..

Tomorrow, lads! Tomorrow for sure! ...:cry:
The latest "Almost there" joke started in December, extended to Christmas, then to definitely on New Year´s Eve, then we had it on 2 January and a patch on 3 Feb.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes