4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
It's now been more than 2 weeks since the last status update. There was a time when Stoper would actually come here and communicate with people, answering questions and showing dedication towards his project and the community. But once the income increased, the communication and dedication started to fade away. Like other people already said, that's basically what happens with most creators out there.

And for the rare occasion of a Stoper post appearing in this thread, it's mostly just to argue with someone who's criticized his work, or the continuously slower development cycles with every new update. Now, it's pretty obvious that he's not focused on the game's development like he said he would, and we're basically just waiting for the next excuse on what was going on in his private life that prevented him to work on this project (as always).

If not for us dirty pirates, the least he should do is let his supporters on Patreon know what's going on instead of just disappearing without keeping his paying customers up-to-date. Even if he's working on another project again, which he said wouldn't be the case, atleast let people know what's up.

This thread is pretty much dead at this point, which is sad, but it kinda shows how many creators out there do the exact same thing, and people start losing interest in a promising game as it's simply not worth having discussions over something that seems to be going nowhere.

I know that there has been some frustration with Stoper and the length of time this update has taken, but can I just say that Stoper is really good compared to the dev for A Wife and Mother? We had a whole meltdown today over there from the dev, and while I don't want get off topic I felt like it was a good time to come over here and appreciate that Stoper seems like a good dude. He's a dev that I have enjoyed supporting.
Can't really argue with that. L&P acts like a 15 year old kid in his rants. Stoper atleast has some maturity.

Last edited:

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
It's now been more than 2 weeks since the last status update. There was a time when Stoper would actually come here and communicate with people, answering questions and showing dedication towards his project and the community. But once the income increased, the communication and dedication started to fade away. Like other people already said, that's basically what happens with most creators out there.

And for the rare occasion of a Stoper post appearing in this thread, it's mostly just to argue with someone who's criticized his work, or the continuously slower development cycles with every new update. Now, it's pretty obvious that he's not focused on the game's development like he said he would, and we're basically just waiting for the next excuse on what was going on in his private life that prevented him to work on this project (as always).

If not for us dirty pirates, the least he should do is let his supporters on Patreon know what's going on instead of just disappearing without keeping his paying customers up-to-date. Even if he's working on another project again, which he said wouldn't be the case, atleast let people know what's up.

This thread is pretty much dead at this point, which is sad, but it kinda shows how many creators out there do the exact same thing, and people start losing interest in a promising game as it's simply not worth having discussions over something that seems to be going nowhere.

Can't really argue with that. L&P acts like a 15 year old kid in his rants. Stoper atleast has some maturity.
on his patreon page he calmly replies to comments, he has just said that he will publish another development blog shortly. the same happens on discord.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
That's atleast some good news I guess, but doesn't change the majority of what I said in my previous post.
its main channels are those.
if he were to give news on any forum where he talks about the game he should always be answering in the discussions.
Only 3 months have passed since the last update; I don't expect anything before the end of November.
So I don't see the need to post and keep saying it will take time.
These are things already known.

Reactions: Busted1201

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
he should always be answering in the discussions.
Yeah, he should, but he doesn't. There was a time when he did exactly that. If the only way to get any news about the game is to pay, then that's the wrong approach. I don't know what other forums you're talking about, but fact is that Stoper engaged in discussions here, answered questions and gave out information about upcoming updates. Right now, this thread is basically dead and I gave my opinions as to why that's the case. If you scroll up a bit, you can clearly see comments of people who are frustrated as there's pretty much nothing new to talk about.

You are correct, everything I said was already stated in previous posts, but that's hardly ever gonna change if the only communication is achieved via payment. F95 is probably the biggest platform for creators like Stoper, and yet most of them seem to disappear once their Patreon starts printing money.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
nd yet most of them seem to disappear once their Patreon starts printing money.
Nope. Here you are wrong. Most creators leave F95 because as soon as their game become "popular" more and more toxic people start to post and harass them via PM.

In short: F95 has become a toxic community where talks are no longer about the game but about how devs milk their patrons. Not to forget about all the pointless arguments between self-inserting harem-romantic players vs. NTR fans.

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Nope. Here you are wrong. Most creators leave F95 because as soon as their game become "popular" more and more toxic people start to post and harass them via PM.
Any proof for that statement? I see threads where the developers engage in discussions, and their numbers on Patreon etc. are way higher in some cases.

In short: F95 has become a toxic community where talks are no longer about the game but about how devs milk their patrons. Not to forget about all the pointless arguments between self-inserting haram-romantic players vs. NTR fans.
Where there's success, there's also haters. That's nothing new, but threads usually go that direction if there's a lack of communication between developer and community, or empty promises / statements which leads people to believe that it's just another milkman. Extremely long development cycles also add to this issue in some cases. But there's a bunch of threads out there where this isn't happening, so I don't really see F95 as being the issue, it's more that some developers don't know how to handle their communities very well (and some are indeed milking).

Oh, by the way;
stoperpatreon.png
Very realistic indeed. :unsure:

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
he posts development info every 2 weeks or so. I am quite happy with that. but I am guessing most people who whine on this here thread aren't on his patreon. Also, his updates are pretty consistent, and very good quality.
Like I said, if the only way to get infos about the game and its development process is to pay, that's the wrong approach. It's terrible marketing and won't help anyone. But I guess some people fail to understand that, so the easiest thing for them is to call that "whining".

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Any proof for that statement?
- DrPinkCake once got banned from F95
- heard Lewdlab got banned too (not sure about it, but he no longer interacts with the community as he did during DoD)
- RanliLabz (dev of Spacecorps) left F95 because of Mods
- PhillyGames received death threats after a female character in his game died
- Inceton stopped posting in their threads
- Lust&Passion randomly checks F95 now
- etc.

Go and pick any thread and read through it and you will see how devs slowly stop to interact with the community the more people start to argue why the game isn't as they want it to be.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
inceton stopped cuz he doesn't approve that his (their) games are pirated here (and that's why no nopy or mega links nor android ports).

gumdrop (aka scamdrop) got banned cuz he made false reviews on his abandoned (officially not abandoned but could as well be since updates haven't brought anything worth it to game) game.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Where there's success, there's also haters. That's nothing new, but threads usually go that direction if there's a lack of communication between developer and community, or empty promises / statements which leads people to believe that it's just another milkman. Extremely long development cycles also add to this issue in some cases. But there's a bunch of threads out there where this isn't happening, so I don't really see F95 as being the issue, it's more that some developers don't know how to handle their communities very well (and some are indeed milking).
It's not always devs but modders too. Here a post from a famous Modder:
It's because I get tons of hate comments/messages from people on this site if I don't upload my mods here tbh.

On my Patreon I had downloads on all my mods free and public, but after people from F95 got my Patreon banned I stopped putting my mods free on SubscribeStar in hopes of making a bit of extra money since I've had negative income for 3/4ths of the past year since my Patreon got banned, and still sadly don't make close to what I used to on Patreon.

I'd be a lot more financially stable if I stopped always uploading my mods free myself here, but mentally I just can't take the hate I'd get from here for doing that.
Wait, seriously? I know there was a huge shitstorm about it, but I didn't know it went that far. In retrospect, I should have.
Yes, he told me about it on Discord a long time ago.

inceton stopped cuz he doesn't approve that his (their) games are pirated here (and that's why no nopy or mega links nor android ports).
Correct. At first they were fine with F95 but they got tired of all the complains about broken Android ports and modded games. Same goes for DPC and why he started to add a bunch of counter-measurements against modifications and android ports into his scripts.

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Why? And what's that got to do with harassment and hate in PM's?

- heard Lewdlab got banned too (not sure about it, but he no longer interacts with the community as he did during DoD)
Again, has nothing to do with harassment and hate in PM's, and apparently you don't even know.

What's that supposed to mean? Mods harassed him?

That's a very valid reason to abandon this place, indeed.

Could very well be the reason I pointed out in a previous post of mine. Doesn't tell me anything.

Again, that doesn't mean anything. Also, I've been a Patreon a long time ago, and if anyone on your list would come close to a milkman, it's this guy. Acts like a kid in his forum rants, can't keep his promises, blatantly lies in peoples faces.

Erm...Yeah, right.

So far there's only 1 developer in your list where I'd totally understand abandoning F95.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Why? And what's that got to do with harassment and hate in PM's?

Again, has nothing to do with harassment and hate in PM's, and apparently you don't even know.

What's that supposed to mean? Mods harassed him?

That's a very valid reason to abandon this place, indeed.

Could very well be the reason I pointed out in a previous post of mine. Doesn't tell me anything.

Again, that doesn't mean anything. Also, I've been a Patreon a long time ago, and if anyone on your list would come close to a milkman, it's this guy. Acts like a kid in his forum rants, can't keep his promises, blatantly lies in peoples faces.

Erm...Yeah, right.

So far there's only 1 developer in your list where I'd totally understand abandoning F95.
No need to discuss this further since the topic belongs to the off-topic section.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
- etc.

Go and pick any thread and read through it and you will see how devs slowly stop to interact with the community the more people start to argue why the game isn't as they want it to be.
Dude you are joking, pretty much every dev you said there is doing good or very good on their patreon now, so they don't "need" this site anymore, i remember when pretty much everyone of them were here "begging" for support and you come here to say they left cuz of toxicity, no they retreat themselves in their ivory towers where evrything is nice and cozi now that are doing good financially...

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes