4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
You sure? I am pretty sure he created this post so wouldn't that mean he would have the ability to delete posts he doesn't like? He certainly seems the type to delete posts that don't kiss his ass.
First of all, I neither can nor care to delete comments.
And I don't know where you got the idea that I'm "the type to delete posts that don't kiss my ass". Go look at my patreon and ask people if I've deleted, or even complained about negative feedback even once.
"The type to delete posts"...

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
If you struggle with branching and that sort of thing, maybe try to make a chart to keep track of things or a to help you stay organized. Maybe working a little ahead and having a visual guide will make it easier for you to predict future branches or variables that influence things. This is all assuming you don't already do that though.

I'll give you props for sticking around here though. Most devs tend to vanish when their threads turn sour.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
And I don't know where you got the idea that I'm "the type to delete posts that don't kiss my ass". Go look at my patreon and ask people if I've deleted, or even complained about negative feedback even once.
oops I got told. All though I doubt people would stick around on your patreon if you deleted their posts I will apologize, I have no proof that you are what I suggested you might be and I try to only speak about things I can more or less prove.

Reactions: Nosferatu09

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
This game has always had this pace and we all know what's Stoper's philosophy. I don't understand the reason of all this noise.
In December he said he was working on the last scene and its various paths, now he's working on the last branch, so we're very close.

locopogo1

Mar 24, 2020
Go and create your own thread in off-topic and try to delete any post there. ;)
I don’t believe you, if you didn’t delete the comments, then they were deleted by your order
Screenshot 2022-01-11 000214.jpg

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I don’t believe you, if you didn’t delete the comments, then they were deleted by your order
View attachment 1590350
What even is your point? If I told you that my previous post, defending the mod's work in this forum also got deleted for "whining about moderation" and "off-topic", even though it had a paragraph about the game in it, would you still stand by your nonsense?

Now that Stoper is visiting this thread and communicates with us, you really try your best to ruin this small win for the people here with your meaningless comments, don't you? Why not take the chance and instead discuss something regarding this game instead, or maybe give some constructive feedback? This obviously doesn't mean that everything concerning the development is now milk and honey, but atleast Stoper is here willing to communicate with us.

That being said, @stoper any chance you'd tell us if the upcoming release ends with the Blake event, or if there's more after/prior to that?

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Mine was deleted too, seems the thread is going berserk, or something. Anyway i did kind of criticize the delays etc. lately, and i am not a type of person who just goes on different game threads to criticize everything for no reason. Actually i only comment on threads of games i like a lot. I never made one comment about a game i played and did not like, just play the game, delete and forget about it. I guess it is that time when the JOHN update is close so everyone is more sensitive the closer the release is.

Anyway seeing how there are a lot of critics ( me included ),i wanted to say something that is not a critic.
Over the years i played JOHN and had a blast playing it, and i can only thank stoper for making this game and letting us all enjoy it. I may post a critic here and there, but even if stoper suddenly stopped working on the game i would still appreciate what he gave us to this day.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Mine was deleted too, seems the thread is going berserk, or something. Anyway i did kind of criticize the delays etc. lately, and i am not a type of person who just goes on different game threads to criticize everything for no reason. Actually i only comment on threads of games i like a lot. I never made one comment about a game i played and did not like, just play the game, delete and forget about it. I guess it is that time when the JOHN update is close so everyone is more sensitive the closer the release is.

Anyway seeing how there are a lot of critics ( me included ),i wanted to say something that is not a critic.
Over the years i played JOHN and had a blast playing it, and i can only thank stoper for making this game and letting us all enjoy it. I may post a critic here and there, but even if stoper suddenly stopped working on the game i would still appreciate what he gave us to this day.
Probably your post was put in the basket by the mods, not because it was a bad post maybe it it was just in the middle, and considering how this thread derailed lately, maybe a little purge was due.
Anyway I've seen worse, the mods just did a cleaning and sometimes this is really needed, but they never cancel something only because there were a critique, even a harsh critique, but only crap about the dev.
I think that despite everything many people here should just try to cool down a little, I understand that for many is because they love the game, but to let out all that rage is absurd, at least for me.
There's bazillions of other games to play in the meantime, waiting for Stoper, I agree he could have done better at comunication level and maybe found a way to deliver more updates, but all the sh....t that was trown at him is really too much. :)

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
You can always PM a mod with your question. I've had posts deleted just because they got swept up with unintelligible trash posts, but no big deal -- it happens. The mods are cool if you're cool.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes