4.10 star(s) 186 Votes
Jan 3, 2019
I think he invested a lot since 2018 and he saw that it didn't give him more reward than just doing the minimum.

And I don't disagree with him, if the numbers on this chart are correct and if I lived in Italy, I'm not going to sacrifice my days for just over $2,000 - $2,300 before taxes either. And I'm not saying this to be cynical, it's just that in Eastern Europe, if you have specific skills, it will be more profitable and less burdensome to work for a company, with a good salary, health insurance, interest on profits, ...

View attachment 2015049

Money alone makes movitable, not motivated ;)

'a price comparable to an AAA game' >>> I confess, I've often thought about this, but we can't really compare an independent developer and a video game company.

People aren't as stupid as you think they are :). That's the craziest argument in the universe : 'I get it, the others don't.' :LOL:
A large majority of people don't support him and just show patience until the next update.
He only has 600 patreons, the number hasn't progressed in months, and even patreons are paying less.

Yes, that's for sure. A lot of developpers have a life (beside their game), a job, are in a relationship and even have children... even the dog walk to do. ;) Some have stopped their game for multiple reasons, a new child, a divorce, health problems, a lack of motivation, a productivity that can not always be at the top over the years, ... We are human. :)
I don't think he doesn't care about his game, like you said, it's just extra for him ; but I think more of a little pleasure than extra money. :cool:

'In the inferno of this game and the developer.' >>> Leave the creators and their creation, remains benevolent :giggle:, if the public is not there then it will be forgotten. :coffee:
People like this game, the story, the characters, the renders, ... we would all like to have more content as soon as possible.
We are all disappointed to receive bad (hard) news, excited to play the latest update, and sad that it ends so quickly.

I miss Jessica, but I make up for it with other stories, other adventures, ... I invite you to do the same ;)
That's the problem, he does not report anything, but according to his management it is clear that this is not his main earnings, so he is fooling everyone. If you are not honest with patrons, you are not honest with yourself, then you are a liar. We are all people and we understand that there is also a personal life, but such differences in deadlines and deceptions, and this is rampant for many developers, that's the problem. It is not possible to be friendly to such persons here, and of course there are many worthy projects. It's a pity that such promising games turn into a milking machine.

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Yes, that's for sure. A lot of developpers have a life (beside their game), a job, are in a relationship and even have children... even the dog walk to do. ;) Some have stopped their game for multiple reasons, a new child, a divorce, health problems, a lack of motivation, a productivity that can not always be at the top over the years, ... We are human. :)
I don't think he doesn't care about his game, like you said, it's just extra for him ; but I think more of a little pleasure than extra money. :cool:
Making these games is an incredible and expensive risk that requires a substantial investment. I understand that some devs try to keep it as side-job to mitigate the risk at the cost of frustrating fans. But doing this seriously at this quality level is a full-time commitment, depending on the reception you're either heading for success or a disastrous financial situation.

We're not in 2016 anymore. The bar is now set very high, there is no easy choice for anyone.

Jan 3, 2019
Total respect for your opinion. :)

For my part, I respect the artist (one of the best in my opinion, I don't develop my arguments here it's not the subject) but I deplore, like you, the lack of involvement on his part, the fragmentary communication, the changes/decisions of last minutes, the recurrent postponements...

It reminds me of the office :LOL:

I think stoper is in a corner.

> if he says my game is secondary, people will leave (some have already started doing it), very difficult after bringing back supporters : so it’s a downward spiral
> if he says my game remains important, the reality shows that this is not true, the debate will polarize between 'utlras' and 'antis'
and
> if he says nothing or very little, people will deplore his communication and get annoyed

'such differences in deadlines and deceptions, and this is rampant for many developers, that's the problem. It is not possible to be friendly to such persons here, and of course there are many worthy projects. It's a pity that such promising games turn into a milking machine.'
If you think he's ruining a golden project, and he doesn’t deserve your respect or your friendship, as many others dev that's fine with me. I sometimes think that too(not just on this game), except for the friendship part, I'm not here to be friendly :cautious:... :p

Why do many do it : is it a matter of people or economic model or the passing years ? :unsure:

The term 'milking machine' has always been exaggerated in my opinion. I prefer 'zombie game' like you have zombie businesses, they struggles along.

stoper began to develop another game, Jessica O'Neil's Apocalypse Chronicles (status onhold), in the end, I think Jessica got bit :p

View attachment 2015226

To conclude my point, 'cause I am too demanding about many things in life, here I don't expect anything , it saves me a lot of disappointment.

Take care :)

PS I know that stoper regularly watches this thread, first I greet him, then I hope that he takes on the right side all the remarks addressed to him :cool:
Therefore, with such a big comment you hide criticism that he would not delete)))

Jan 3, 2019
If Stoper said he had to take a main job and can't work as much on JOHN as before, it would be kinda ok. But he practically said that he procrastinates: he could put out his (small) updates every 2 or 3 months. He got bored imo
That's why it's not clear, the developer himself said earlier that he somehow doesn't care whether he will be supported or not, he will find work on other projects, and said that money from this game is not very important for him. If you are not afraid of losing patrons, tell me why the game has not been updated for so long?! And if you cheat and are afraid of losing money, then do the work and promises. I think people would be sympathetic if he said, guys, I have other work or projects, so this game will be updated with a small number of pictures in June and December, that's it. It would immediately become clear that the author gives himself to the main work.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
I agree it would be ok if he was planning to work on other projects I think it would be better to leave Hard News as a second option maybe it would take a huge weight off his shoulder. for always being late in its updates And also as this game is very well detailed it must be a lot of work the scenes especially the animations that by the way always catches stoper surprises anyway for me it would be better if stoper followed the L&P method with small updates Every two months at least updates would come out faster but I don't know if everyone here will agree with that the bad point is also that it would take longer for the game to be finished and this is something that no one here wants to happen but at least we would be getting updates every two months I see a good solution in all this at least. that's what i think forgive me if someone doesn't like my opinion.. for me this is the only solution i don't want to see my favorite game being left aside in the future this is my biggest fear

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I agree it would be ok if he was planning to work on other projects I think it would be better to leave Hard News as a second option maybe it would take a huge weight off his shoulder. for always being late in its updates And also as this game is very well detailed it must be a lot of work the scenes especially the animations that by the way always catches stoper surprises anyway for me it would be better if stoper followed the L&P method with small updates Every two months at least updates would come out faster but I don't know if everyone here will agree with that the bad point is also that it would take longer for the game to be finished and this is something that no one here wants to happen but at least we would be getting updates every two months I see a good solution in all this at least. that's what i think forgive me if someone doesn't like my opinion.. for me this is the only solution i don't want to see my favorite game being left aside in the future this is my biggest fear
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nunzio2016

May 12, 2020
There’s now 814 pages of comments on a game that updates maybe once a fiscal quarter…maybe everyone should just pull their subscriptions and avoid the near daily disappointment and speculation that goes on while waiting for an update…I will say, I do love Jessica. I’m a fan.
There are comments, opinions and guesses that I bet could be copied and pasted from a year ago to today and be 100% relevant.
I completely understand the absolute frustration of patrons that have been faithful and forthcoming with their hard earned cash, only to wait ages for minimal return.
In any business environment however, if you’re not getting the product you’re paying for, wouldn’t you typically take your $$ elsewhere?
I don’t know…just seems like a total carousel of the same angst everyday. I want an update as much as anyone, but maybe we should all just step back and chill haha.

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
I think he invested a lot since 2018 and he saw that it didn't give him more reward than just doing the minimum.

And I don't disagree with him, if the numbers on this chart are correct and if I lived in Italy, I'm not going to sacrifice my days for just over $2,000 - $2,300 before taxes either. And I'm not saying this to be cynical, it's just that in Eastern Europe, if you have specific skills, it will be more profitable and less burdensome to work for a company, with a good salary, health insurance, interest on profits, ...

View attachment 2015049

Money alone makes movitable, not motivated ;)

'a price comparable to an AAA game' >>> I confess, I've often thought about this, but we can't really compare an independent developer and a video game company.

People aren't as stupid as you think they are :). That's the craziest argument in the universe : 'I get it, the others don't.' :LOL:
A large majority of people don't support him and just show patience until the next update.
He only has 600 patreons, the number hasn't progressed in months, and even patreons are paying less.

'In the inferno of this game and the developer.' >>> Leave the creators and their creation, remains benevolent :giggle:, if the public is not there then it will be forgotten. :coffee:
People like this game, the story, the characters, the renders, ... we would all like to have more content as soon as possible.
We are all disappointed to receive bad (hard) news, excited to play the latest update, and sad that it ends so quickly.

I miss Jessica, but I make up for it with other stories, other adventures, ... I invite you to do the same ;)
That's a good analysis but I think if the dev was more regular with his updates (eg. regularly pushing out updates, and not blueballing/delaying it) he could be seeing higher figures. Obviously leaks exist however you know that creators like DPC make 20-30k a month even despite all of the leaked versions, because quite a lot of users end up supporting them.

Not sure if he's pausing payouts on the Patreon, respect to him if so because a lot of people drop out when they're paying for nothing. At least an update per month is expected generally to retain patrons

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
There’s now 814 pages of comments on a game that updates maybe once a fiscal quarter…maybe everyone should just pull their subscriptions and avoid the near daily disappointment and speculation that goes on while waiting for an update…I will say, I do love Jessica. I’m a fan.
There are comments, opinions and guesses that I bet could be copied and pasted from a year ago to today and be 100% relevant.
I completely understand the absolute frustration of patrons that have been faithful and forthcoming with their hard earned cash, only to wait ages for minimal return.
In any business environment however, if you’re not getting the product you’re paying for, wouldn’t you typically take your $$ elsewhere?
I don’t know…just seems like a total carousel of the same angst everyday. I want an update as much as anyone, but maybe we should all just step back and chill haha.
(y) Yes, there are 814 pages of comments, I would even venture to say that you can make a great script for a good game with several different ideas in addition to great imaginations with variable scenarios like the scene in the trailer between Jessica and Mr. Parker when I played for the first time I was a little happy and sad at the same time and I know everyone here noticed but most were disappointed that they didn't have sex I won't lie I was the same but this scene was fair at least Jessica finally gave it a go blowjob on another man other than Conner who for me is Vigilant himself hehe I won't talk about it anymore I won't be cursed anyway as I was saying ah still some like me wanted a scene with sex on the corruption route anyway I won't keep repeating the same comment that many have already made... I even apologize I really wanted something to change I know I can't do anything about it because I'm just a member here. But I give my word if I were "Expert in games or animations in anything related to VN games I would try very hard to help in any way possible even if it's to work on stoper Imperial just to have more free time for development of your game I know it sounds like bullshit from me but I would have the courage to do that. :LOL:

Coming back to reality I would do my best damn I'm even counting the days and the month to finally see our favorite blonde having fun even with her problems this is still my favorite game I love Jessica so much I hope to see this game one day finished with all the possible routes I wish you all a good night it's for you stoper I wish you all the luck possible and that everything goes well and that this update can come out in September ;)

Reactions: SamYaya

SamYaya

Jul 5, 2022
very well had

SamYaya

Jul 5, 2022
(y) Yes, there are 814 pages of comments, I would even venture to say that you can make a great script for a good game with several different ideas in addition to great imaginations with variable scenarios like the scene in the trailer between Jessica and Mr. Parker when I played for the first time I was a little happy and sad at the same time and I know everyone here noticed but most were disappointed that they didn't have sex I won't lie I was the same but this scene was fair at least Jessica finally gave it a go blowjob on another man other than Conner who for me is Vigilant himself hehe I won't talk about it anymore I won't be cursed anyway as I was saying ah still some like me wanted a scene with sex on the corruption route anyway I won't keep repeating the same comment that many have already made... I even apologize I really wanted something to change I know I can't do anything about it because I'm just a member here. But I give my word if I were "Expert in games or animations in anything related to VN games I would try very hard to help in any way possible even if it's to work on stoper Imperial just to have more free time for development of your game I know it sounds like bullshit from me but I would have the courage to do that. :LOL:

Coming back to reality I would do my best damn I'm even counting the days and the month to finally see our favorite blonde having fun even with her problems this is still my favorite game I love Jessica so much I hope to see this game one day finished with all the possible routes I wish you all a good night it's for you stoper I wish you all the luck possible and that everything goes well and that this update can come out in September ;)
Congratulations both with great reviews and good answers

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes