VN Ren'Py Jessica O'Neil's Hard News [v0.65 BETA] [stoperArt]

4.10 star(s) 191 Votes

nunzio2016

May 12, 2020
I liked it...the one scene was actually really hot.
I had pretty much given up on ol' Stoper. Pleasant surprise this morning to say the least.

Honest question...I can understand the vitriol from subscribers, but realistically, after a year plus development cycle, why continue to pay?

It's a short update that took some time, but hey, it looks amazing and no matter what, Jessica's still a fine piece of ass.

Reactions: Alfius and ggspeed

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
I liked the update, but my problem was how it ended. It just ended right there and then. Jessica should have been having some thoughts on her way back home, maybe Mr Parker says something in the or does something, some thing happens when she reaches home, anything so it leaves a nice cliffhanger ending rather than the one we got. I just didn't get it.
I joke around and criticize this dev enough that I'll give a straight-up reply to this and comment on the update for once (the one a year, lol):

It was fine but it should be a textbook case, a warning to new devs, in how not to get to the point of the main character fucking.
In this case, the time in the story itself is fine but because this dev releases an update a year it happened far to late (real world) for it to have much of an impact. I guess that's my opinion but it was a bit anticlimactic due to how absolutely uncommitted and obviously bored this dev is with his own creation.

AWAM has a similar but backwards issue where the dev is finally at a place of about an update every 4 months but the story pacing is so incredibly slow and tedious that if his main character ever manages to get fucked it'll be anticlimactic due to having taken 25 real-world years to get there. It's way too late in the story where this was is paced decently if this update if the first you play. It just took forever to get here in terms of release dates and everyone knows it'll be another year yo get another 10 mins of story.

So a new dev should take heed and learn from those two failures, IMO.
The difference is that I think AWAM is lost at sea while JOHN could come back to being excellent if the dev ever got back on a decent schedule...BECAUSE the story pacing isn't bad in and of itself.

As for the story, it was clearly trimmed. A lot fewer renders between actions (which may be necessary if they ever wanted to get back on track...which they don't) but it wasn't awful or a major setback. It just feels like the dev may be trying to get this over with and that may not be a ba thing if they can't be bothered to work more than 20 hours a year.

The Mayor doesn't interest me but that was fine. I think I'm like most where I think the crux or focus of the story is with Palmer. I don't mind that and their bit was fine but rushed. Again, anticlimactic due to time.

I'm not sure if I'm on one path or another but I noticed in the picture folder that there are two ways it can happen with Palmer and I got the bedroom version. Not sure how to get the version where they stay on the couch. Random? Previous choice? No idea.

The kid in at the office is...fine. Doesn't excite me or bother me but maybe that's because they've done very little.
Oddly, I find the marriage the most boring aspect so the less of that there is the better for me lol. I just find her husband boring, vigilante or not.

dazdraperm

Jun 17, 2023
The game truly looks beautiful and erotic. However, the time it takes between updates speaks to one thing: the developer is lazy and lacks self-organization. Considering that he is already experienced, this amount of new content could (without rushing) be released in 4-5 months of work.

ding00000

May 16, 2024
as i always say: the game is fantastic, maybe one of the best games out there, shame about the development times, it's shameful that after all this time the update is only this. i would gladly support it, i usually support many vn creators, the reason that doesn't push me to support it are the development times... it's a great shame for such a beautiful game
Same here, you hit the nail on it's head. I support many devs but as soon as the cadence of updates drops below my expectations i drop support. No matter how good i think the game is. And this game is good but the amount of content for six years of development is so below par, that i can't do the mental gymnastics others do to support this developer.

There are many developers out there that might not reach this level of quality but do have a consistent release of content that deserve my support way more.

Reactions: Lupercalia

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Did anyone realy believed that?
At that time I had a lot of experince with games like MATM and SU,that missed so many promises.
Many probably don't know(or can't remember}but SU was suppose to be completed in less than 1 year.
9 years later-we are not even close.
And what about Stoper twin brother that promise to finish the mother and wife game in 3 years.
And see where we are.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Where is Blake?! I have been waiting two years for the advance on Blake's route!!!
Dev disappointed me once and for all...
might be 6 feet under.

The update is finally good, but what prevents you from doing at least 3 updates about the same in a year?
all and nothing. some do hr or 3 update in a month while stoper does 5 mins update in a year.

can anyone help me? how to save those save file in the game file?
save and extract that file and copy/move those saves to *gamename*\game\saves unless there's saves folder in packet then no last step.

Reactions: ggspeed

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
We have to start planning funerals, some of the characters must be at least ready for their senior citizen bus passes by now

Hats off to the dev though, I have never seen ANYONE so good at milking a project. Truly awe inspiring, and I mean this with not a hint of sarcasm. It truly is remarkable.

• Haha
Reactions: Analsole and fh321

Phshsgd

Aug 21, 2023
I liked the update, but my problem was how it ended. It just ended right there and then. Jessica should have been having some thoughts on her way back home, maybe Mr Parker says something in the or does something, some thing happens when she reaches home, anything so it leaves a nice cliffhanger ending rather than the one we got. I just didn't get it.
Victoria in big city has a similar ending to this game

smokeybear

Feb 20, 2020
I am surprised AND saddened by this update.
1) Ol man Peter finally gets to get in them sweet sugar walls
2) I have old saves from 2019.... we are about to be in 2025 and Ol Man Peter is getting his 1st sexy night with Jessica.

On the bright side, wonder how long it takes for A Wife and a Mother to be to the same point in the progression.
Ol man peter is going to die of old age before he gets to cum in Jessica, an early F in chat for him.

Reactions: fh321
4.10 star(s) 191 Votes