Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
So why not just try redownloading, extracting -and if you, as you had said, have the JP XP RTP installed-, then running it using Locale Emulator? Without changing anything in the game.ini or getting the RGSS104E.dll?
It should be working without any hiccups this way. Also when there are save/load problems, a very few times the game's directory being set to read-only may be the problem, though I highly doubt that this time... Just to be sure, check!
Thank you, I'm using Japanese locale already.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not sure if I have any other xp games to test, but... Alright, I don't have any problems with any other game. Only with xp ones. Including Legend of Queen Opala (RGSS102E.dll) so this is absolutely not locale related. Damn, that's pretty sad. It's impossible to play if you can't save.

george k

Dec 6, 2018
Everything is smooth, text is fine. Randomly i got error from graphics/pictures and game crashes. (In battle)

SimplestName

Jul 29, 2019
Someone asked about removing "slime phobia" before, but is it possible to remove negative traits in general?
Also, does anything change if the characters keep their virginity?
I haven't played the game too much yet, just wondering if this is one of those games where all the values and effects can be changed easily or if there are permanent character changes based on what happens.

Cookiebear83

Jun 29, 2017
Game is crashing when entering the hole by the big tree, after rescuing the glasses-girl.
Somehow one of the both slug characterfiles isn't named properly.
Anyway to rename it properly?

Filename is 057 - コピー.png

george k

Dec 6, 2018
Game is crashing when entering the hole by the big tree, after rescuing the glasses-girl.
Somehow one of the both slug characterfiles isn't named properly.
Anyway to rename it properly?

Filename is 057 - コピー.png
I have the same problem. Also in battle, i have an error when they get pregnant. The pic don't have chinese characters. If someone could give the folder "graphics" ?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I tried this one and its works perfectly untill a got to the slug cave. At the entrance of the cave, after heroines dialog, i got this error message. I am fairly sure that my game folder dont have a missing file and, moreover, archive downloaded from here dont have that file either, so this is not unpacking problem. Can anyone help me?
Start the game with Locale Emulator or in Japanese system locale. Not kidding... xD
1568851422644.png <-- Run in non-Japanese locale.

1568851571366.png <-- Run in Japanese locale with Locale Emulator.

(and yeah, I had the library changed to RGSS104E in the game.ini; otherwise it wouldn't have had text in-game when running in non-Japanese locale... Bottom-line is, that I guess you CAN'T actually get out of running this one in Japanese locale else you will run into errors sooner or later)
-------------------
Cookiebear83 and george k: don't know how, but you guys must have somehow screwed up the extraction. Get the latest WinRar or 7-Zip, and extract the archive with those. It actually shouldn't be some locale or codepage-setting thingie, because I just extract the .7z as is (so not with a WinRar configured to be able to not fuck up Japanese file names when extracting, or being in Japanese locale where that wouldn't matter or using sjisunzip or etc.), and it works, but maybe what your system automatically uses for extracting .7z archives just effes things up. And don't forget the Japanese locale when running the game!! *wink*

Reactions: Nek0mancer

Nek0mancer

Nov 2, 2018
Start the game with Locale Emulator or in Japanese system locale. Not kidding... xD
Hm, my english is not a realy good so can you elaborate? I already using applocale to play.I made my screenshot while running my game with applocale. Do you want to say that problem is - i should run the game from the start with japanese locale?

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Question: how do I make it so that "Z" is the default button for selecting things and talking to people?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Hm, my english is not a realy good so can you elaborate? I already using applocale to play.I made my screenshot while running my game with applocale. Do you want to say that problem is - i should run the game from the start with japanese locale?
No, 'Locale Emulator' is an actual software, similar to Applocale, I guess, but much better. You should read through this thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/). Here's the software itself:
--------------
Question: how do I make it so that "Z" is the default button for selecting things and talking to people?
Press F1 in-game. It shows the config options. The 3rd tab is key settings. Dunno why it was changed from the pretty standard Z to C... Oh well. It's easy-peasy to change back.

Nek0mancer

Nov 2, 2018
No, 'Locale Emulator' is an actual software
Oooooh, now I'm feel ashamed. I used applocale since I learned about VH, it worked fine and I did not think about the existence of other programs. It seems that since then my knowledge is somewhat outdated, so.
You should read through this
Will do. Thanks, Locale Emulator fixed my problem.

KatTheHusky

Nov 12, 2018
So why not just try redownloading, extracting -and if you, as you had said, have the JP XP RTP installed-, then running it using Locale Emulator? Without changing anything in the game.ini or getting the RGSS104E.dll?
It should be working without any hiccups this way. Also when there are save/load problems, a very few times the game's directory being set to read-only may be the problem, though I highly doubt that this time... Just to be sure, check!
Zippix you are literally the least helpful person on this thread.

KatTheHusky

Nov 12, 2018
It crashes everytime a character has an orgasm. I looked at Graphics/Pictures/ z 02a and it's there alright, so no idea why this is popping up.

And yes Zippix, I'm running on Japanese Locale.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
It crashes everytime a character has an orgasm. I looked at Graphics/Pictures/ z 02a and it's there alright, so no idea why this is popping up.

And yes Zippix, I'm running on Japanese Locale.
Hmm, whatever could be the source of the problem Husky? Wait...
1568875703310.png
Oh my gosh, Husky, I was able to reproduce your error!!
How, you ask? By changing the RGSS104J to RGSS104E in game.ini, then starting it up without being in Japanese system locale or using the software 'Locale Emulator'...

ANYHOO. Define "running on Japanese locale", please.
What ALMOST ASSUREDLY works: get and install the software 'Locale Emulator'. Download and install the JAPANESE version of the RPGM XP RTP - using Locale Emulator, or being in actual Japanese system locale while doing it.
1568877324301.png Redownload the game, extract it, and run it 'in Japanese' using 'Locale Emulator'. And. It. Should. Work.

Last edited:

george k

Dec 6, 2018
No, 'Locale Emulator' is an actual software, similar to Applocale, I guess, but much better. You should read through this thread (https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/). Here's the software itself:
--------------
Press F1 in-game. It shows the config options. The 3rd tab is key settings. Dunno why it was changed from the pretty standard Z to C... Oh well. It's easy-peasy to change back.
Thank you Zippix. Indeed Locale Emulator solve the bugs, were Applocale failed. ;)

Zweigelt

Jan 13, 2018
johndoe1545

Perhaps a mention in the installation manual that you need the japanese RTP XP or a mention to change the RGSS104J.dll in the game.ini to RGSS104E.dll

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes