Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
johndoe1545

Perhaps a mention in the installation manual that you need the japanese RTP XP or a mention to change the RGSS104J.dll in the game.ini to RGSS104E.dll
Well, after further trial and error, I can for sure say that it all boils down to (successfully...) starting the game in Japanese locale. Even with only the EN version of the RTP XP installed, it runs without errors when started in Japanese locale (which I do with Locale Emulator).
I would even argue that changing the .dll file in the game.ini is counter-productive, because all it does is let people run the game in non-Japanese locale with text finally showing up and things (yaaay!) - but ultimately making the game unplayable with errors popping up (e.g. at orgasms/inseminations during battles, entering the slug cave near the tree after the glasses-girl joins, and probably the save/load error too, maybe).

Reactions: FrancisBaconator

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Well, after further trial and error, I can for sure say that it all boils down to (successfully...) starting the game in Japanese locale. Even with only the EN version of the RTP XP installed, it runs without errors when started in Japanese locale (which I do with Locale Emulator).
I would even argue that changing the .dll file in the game.ini is counter-productive, because all it does is let people run the game in non-Japanese locale with text finally showing up and things (yaaay!) - but ultimately making the game unplayable with errors popping up (e.g. at orgasms/inseminations during battles, entering the slug cave near the tree after the glasses-girl joins, and probably the save/load error too, maybe).
Yes, you're right. In the end, I was able to get Japanese version to show text too, with fakejapanese_ipamona reg files and usual LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 appname to set locale (should be available in locale -a list). This is probably unrelated to my problem with save crash though.

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Yes, you're right. In the end, I was able to get Japanese version to show text too, with fakejapanese_ipamona reg files and usual LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 appname to set locale (should be available in locale -a list). This is probably unrelated to my problem with save crash though.
Finally fixed it, now it's perfect. It shouldn't affect people who use precompiled binary software (turns out my arch was too modern for xp). There's just some difference between rendering. I will stick with RGSS104E.dll for now (since I'm adventurous one). It looks more pleasant for my eyes.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
coder: so...how many boss trees do you want at that final dungeon part?

the Devs: yes.

Pt: SMH all the status on the heroines or all the three alone made my game 70% slower.

dakrulz55

Oct 13, 2017
anyone know how to get past the tree root thats blocking a northern exit in the cave with a million tree enemies?

Rudra

Jan 12, 2018
Anyone knew how to change the controls? The [confirm] button seemed to be set in ENTER, not Z than usual RPGM games.

3lfscout

Jan 8, 2018
the Error patients really gotta just reboot the machine in Japanese and install ALL RPGMaker RTP in Japanese (all 5 or 6 of them) and there will never be any errors again related to names and fonts

Rastafoo

Jun 6, 2018
Game is bugged I think. It won't let me complete my battle with the giant tree. It forces me to run away >:/

EDIT - NVM, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOSE

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
Anyone have a valid download link (mega preferred but any will be grateful for)? All are invalid / no longer available... thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Anyone have a valid download link (mega preferred but any will be grateful for)? All are invalid / no longer available... thanks in advance!
Nopy works, as does Zippy (though I read someone mentioning that some countries block Zippy - UK, I think?). But yeah, Nopy works. (As of writing this post. lol)

fnray9

Jun 27, 2017
Anyone know why im getting this error? I have corrected the dll in the ini file, i have patched with the english patch. I have tried running it using local emulator ( a great tool for these kinds of games btw )

Nevermind figured it out, apparently my XP rtp was no longer installed ?!??!??
Posting this anyway incase anyone else runs into the weird message... i thought rtp erros usually complained about missing dll files....

fnray9

Jun 27, 2017
Ok Need a Fix for this, it's happened a few times now... i get an error pop up while in a battle scene, i could not screenshot it. The message says it couldn't find a graphic Z 02a and then some japanese writing,, I did verify and the english z 02a picture is present. I know i had a similar error earlier and i think it was a different picture that time..

--Attempting to run compatibilty mode XP and as admin rights, will update when results are more conclusive but so far its hopeful.

**Thanks for your help**

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Ok Need a Fix for this, it's happened a few times now... i get an error pop up while in a battle scene, i could not screenshot it. The message says it couldn't find a graphic Z 02a and then some japanese writing,, I did verify and the english z 02a picture is present. I know i had a similar error earlier and i think it was a different picture that time..

--Attempting to run compatibilty mode XP and as admin rights, will update when results are more conclusive but so far its hopeful.

**Thanks for your help**
...You should really read through the last two pages of the thread. It has the solution.

Reactions: fnray9
Feb 8, 2018
Nopy works, as does Zippy (though I read someone mentioning that some countries block Zippy - UK, I think?). But yeah, Nopy works. (As of writing this post. lol)

Thanks, nopy worked today. Maybe there's a regional block for nopy, gave me invalid or not found error yesterda but today worked when I connected my VPN.
Zippy I just effing hate on principal; any site dishonest enough to make me hunt for a hidden element to right-click then save-as instead of giving me any kind of normal file download is completely crap. Maybe I'm spoilt but still...

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes