Cocomaster

Nov 16, 2017
Patch 1.2V by to fix crach in Mistoria's Normal Ending

Reactions: Yukihirou

Xyav

Aug 29, 2018
So I had made a post long ago about Cheat Engine working on this game.
But at that time I had not actually understood how it worked correctly.
Hence my attempted explanation on how to apply CE on the game did not actually work.

Therefore here a way that will work:

Part A: Finding the address for the turn number:

01. Save in the 1st tutorial mission on turn 1. (It will be used to find out the values needed for every time you start the game.)
02. After starting the game load that save file.
03. Use CE to scan for "unknown value".
04. Now make 1 move at least 1 tile away.
05. After then 2nd turn starts use CE to scan for "Changed value".
06. Click on "end turn" in the game and scan again for "Changed value" after the 3rd turn starts.
07. Repeat that till you are in turn 5.
08. After scanning in turn 5 click on "undo move" in the game and you will return to turn 1.
09. Scan for "Changed value" in CE.
10. Then change to "Compare to first scan" in CE and scan for "Unchanged Value".
11. Set CE back to "Compare to last scan".
12. Repeat steps 04-12 a few times to narrow down the amount of results you have in CE.
13. You should reach a situation where you have about 10 addresses left. Among those addresses will be some whose adress starts with 3 or 4 and they have a very large value.
14. Copy those 3 addresses down.
15. Then freeze the value of one of them.
16. You should be in turn 1 right now, so make a move again.
17. After that move look at the turn number in the game.
--> If it advances to 2 and then goes back to 1 you have the correct address. --> Continue with step 20.
--> If it advanced to 2 and stays there then you have the wrong address. --> Continue with step 18.
18. Undo your move, then unfreeze the address and remove it from your list in CE.
19. Repeat steps 15 - 18 till you have the correct address selected.
20. Once you have the correct address selected, remove the remaining addresses (if you still have some).

--> You have now found the address that will have the turn number during your entire play until you shut down the game.
Even after loading another save this address will still be the one containing the turn number.
So once you start a mission simply freeze this address and you have infinite turns cause you always stay on "turn 1".
----

Part B: Using the address of the turn number to find out the values for 1-50:

01. Make yourself a chart table with Excel or a comparable programm. The chart needs to have 3 rows. 1st row simply going from 0-50, 2nd and 3rd will be empty for now.
02. Go back to turn 1 in the game and then unfreeze the value in CE.
03. Now copy the value from CE into the 2nd row of the chart table behind the cell with "1".
04. Make a move and wait for the turn number to change to "2".
05. Copy the new value from CE to the chart table behind the cell with value "2".
06. In the game click on "End turn", wait till the turn number changes to "3" and once again copy the new value to the chart table into the 2nd row behind the cell with value "3".
07. Repeat step 06 until you have filled all values for 1-50 in the 2nd row of the chart table.
----

Part C: Finding the value for 0

01. Load your actual last save file where you are in the shrine of the end, so that youz can access your medal equip menu.
02. In the medal equip menu look what costs you current medal equipment needs.
03. Use chart table and copy the corresponding value for the costs from there.
04. Paste the value into CE and scan for it.
05. Remove a medal to lower your medal equip costs and then scan for the new value that you also get from the chart table.
06. Unequip and equip medals and scan for the cost values each time until you have only 2 addresses left.
07. Take these 2 addresses into your CE list.
08. Now remove 2 medals so that your character has like 4-5 points open for costs. E.g. 15/20 or so in the costs.
09. Freeze one of the two addresses in CE and equip a medal witha cost of 3-5.
10. Now go to the remaining open slot and look what medals you can equip.
--> If you can equip medals costing 3 and more even though you should only have 2 points or less left (e.g. at 18/20) then you have selected the correct address.
--> If not then you have selected the wrong address.
11. After finding out which is the correct adress remove the medal costing 3 or more again, then unfreeze the frozen address and delete the wrong address from your list in CE.
12. Unequip ALL medals from your character and you will get a cost of "0".
13. Copy the value for "0" from CE and paste it into the chart table behind the cell with value "0".
14. Freeze the address for medal equip costs at the value of "0".
15. Do not forget to re-equip your acharacter again now.

--> You have found the value for "0" and the adress for medal equip costs.

By freezing the address at the value for "0" you can now equip ALL characters with whatever medals you want even if the costs would usually be too high.
There is only 1 address for all characters, they share it. So you do NOT need to search it individually.
;-)

---
Part C: Finding / Creating a value for a huge number to use to get large amount of runes.

Now go into your chart table's 3rd row.
Starting from the line for "1" till the line for "50" always make it so that it subtracts the value of the 2nd row from that line from the value of the 2nd row in the line above it.
E.g.: In 3rd row of the line for "10" you place "value for 10 from 2nd row" - "value for 9 from 2nd row".

You will end up with a pattern making likely 3 smaller steps and then 1 larger step at every multiple of 4. - Line for 4, 8, 12, 16....

Look from lines for 1-50 in the 3rd row and you should find a pattern that repeats itself after 32 lines.
Let us call this a "cycle".

Now use 1 free cell Y anywhere and make that cell add up ALL the values of 1 cycle from the 3rd row.
Use another free cell Z next to Y and enter that it shall equal:
Value for "0" from 2nd row + 30 * value of cell Y

This should end up being quite a large number for the game - somewhere between 400 and 1200 usually.
Now how to use it:
---

Part D: Changing the amount of runes you have.

01. You need to have at least 1 unused rune for the character you want to get runes for. (Which rune you have does not matter.)
02. In the rune menu you then select that character.
03. Search for the value of the amount of one type of runes your have for that character.
03. You apply one rune from that type and now search for the value equal to the amount of the runes you have left of that type (cause you used one rune).
04. Now reset the character's runes and search for the first value again.
05. Repeat using and reseting runes and searching for the value until you are left with only a few addresses left. (usually 3 or less)
06. Change the value of these addresses to the values of 40-50. Each address with a different value, of course.
07. Exit the status up menu and open it again.
08. The amount of runes of the character should have changed to the value of 40-50 that you have entered into the correct address.
09. Delete all the incorrect addresses.
10. Copy the address (not the value but the address) and use it to adjust your search range in CE.
11. The addresses for runes are ALWAYS in the following order: Attack -> Magic -> Hit -> Evasion.
12. So paste the address you copied into the start and end range to search for and change the last 3 digits to "000" and to "FFF".
(Sometimes the the digit before that also needs to be adjusted to 1 less or 1 more than it is in the copied address in case that the copied address ends on something like "004" or "FFC"..)
13. Now search for "Unkown value" and then for "Unchanged value".
14. Look for the address you already know and then you will find the 3 addresses for the other runes of this character directly around it as mentioned in step 11.
15. Once you have all 4 addresses simply enter the value for "50" into them, exit the menu and enter again to confirm that you have the correct 4 addresses by now seeing 50 runes for all 4 types on that character.
16. Change the value of all for runes to the value you have created in part C.
17. Exit and enter the menu again to save the changed amount of runes.

--> You should now have a large amount of runes on that character.
--> Repeat part D for all characters you want more runes for.

This method should finally work every time you start the game.

(The reason that the previous method did not work is because the game randomly changes the starting value for "0" and the changes during one "cycle" we found in part C.
E.g.: Sometimes it is as simple as "+16384" from one value to the next higher one, sometimes it actually is "-16384" to the next higher value and sometimes it is a sequal of "+/- multiples of 16384" and a huge jump every 4th step.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuroc

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
So I played this game years ago and I'm happy to finally play through this game again with an english translation. At the time, I actually made a personal guide for the locations of all the hidden monsters that drop runes that I'll share.

Disclaimer, I'm not sure if I played a version with the appends so I don't know if there are hidden rune monsters. Also, I made the guide originally just for myself so the descriptions for each location might need work. I do remember going through each map and breaking every rock, tree, and brush so I'm certain I covered the base maps. I'm planning on updating it as I go through the game again to make sure though.

The list is a good start and I appreciate it; however, that list is incomplete for the base maps. I'm almost positive there is one in every map except for the tutorial missions. For example, the first Randar map (Randar Ruins Surface) there is an Atk monster all the way to the left where there is a tree and 2 brushes in a triangle (prior to obtaining) & a treasure as well. The monster is in the right brush of that section.

Phix12

Jul 1, 2019
can any body help me with this ??? I already tried to run it locale emaulator with AGE PATCH still everytime I try to start the game it always crash like this

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
Iam a little bit irritated by the description, does this mean the patches are implemented in the Download(game) or do you need to do some extra work.
Iam asking because of the patches shared in the discussion, but nothing seems really connected to the main description on page 1, are their any problems or are these special cases for individuals?

Xyav

Aug 29, 2018
Iam a little bit irritated by the description, does this mean the patches are implemented in the Download(game) or do you need to do some extra work.
Iam asking because of the patches shared in the discussion, but nothing seems really connected to the main description on page 1, are their any problems or are these special cases for individuals?
The patches are already in the main download.
There was just some irritation because it says 1.00.0000 or so instead of 1.01.0000 or so.
But that is just a display error.
During the original installation of the patches those patches redirect the game where to look for the version.
This however does not happen when you download the already patched game.
So the downloaded game always looks into the original address for the version and hence shows the incorrect old version number instead of the correct new one.

The other issue that contributed to the misunderstanding is that sometimes Eushully games have that pop-up message error while there is no actual error.
Then every few minutes an error box will pop up if you click to ignore it you can continue the game but if you click on "okay" or so the game shuts down.

This caused the above mentioned issue to be understood in the first place cause people thought it is due to the patches not being applied.
But the patches are applied and the pop-up message error is something entirely different.

There seem to be 2 ways to deal with that message error for Eushully games:

1. There is a fix for it directly of which you can find a download link in the thread.
Here: https://f95zone.to/threads/kami-no-rhapsody-v1-01-append-1-2-eushully.42955/page-3#post-2831349

2. Installing a programm called "Locale Emulator" and then starting the game with a right-click on the AGE Patch exe and selecting "Local Emulator --> Run in Japanese".

Last edited:

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
The patches are already in the main download.
There was just some irritation because it says 1.00.0000 or so instead of 1.01.0000 or so.
But that is just a display error.
During the original installation of the patches those patches redirect the game where to look for the version.
This however does not happen when you download the already patched game.
So the downloaded game always looks into the original address for the version and hence shows the incorrect old version number instead of the correct new one.

The other issue that contributed to the misunderstanding is that sometimes Eushully games have that pop-up message error while there is no actual error.
Then every few minutes an error box will pop up if you click to ignore it you can continue the game but if you click on "okay" or so the game shuts down.

This caused the above mentioned issue to be understood in the first place cause people thought it is due to the patches not being applied.
But the patches are applied and the pop-up message error is something entirely different.

There seem to be 2 ways to deal with that message error for Eushully games:

1. There is a fix for it directly of which you can find a download link in the thread.
Here: https://f95zone.to/threads/kami-no-rhapsody-v1-01-append-1-2-eushully.42955/page-3#post-2831349

2. Installing a programm called "Locale Emulator" and then starting the game with a right-click on the AGE Patch exe and selecting "Local Emulator --> Run in Japanese".
Thank you very much for the information, if i encounter an error i will remember the link, and how to deal with.
on point 2. i already use the Locale emulator because of other games xD one of the best problemsolver i had so far

thank you very much for helping

Last edited:

Mitaba

May 7, 2017
Yeah I dunno, my system has been set to Japanese locale for a while now but I'm still getting the crashes. The odd bit is that it doesn't happen until I apply the English patch.

If I run it without patching to English, it plays fine, just with a bunch of gibberish for text.

Also, trying to run via Age Patch.exe gives me an error:
"Error [JPGameRun 0.1, Program by Linser]
DetourCreateProcessWithDII failed: 740"

Not sure what that means.

Edit: The error was due to not running as admin, however the game still crashes upon hearing dialogue.

Edit 2: Going to try installing the Japanese Language Pack and see if that changes anything.

Edit 3: Supplemental Japanese Fonts are needed in require to work, after installing those the game runs fine. If you're having issues with it crashing upon startup, try adding those to fix it.
I have my locale in Giap and the Patch but it still crashes. How and where can i download this additional font?

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
is there a way to get/farm yellow rune stones? , i need one for the medal "support mistoria" but i only get red and blue rune stones.

monkey33

Aug 26, 2017
my game crashes, with no error box or anything when i try to go to advanced options or the character options.

MrKnorke

Mar 21, 2019
I got a big problem with all the Eushully games: I cant save my game progress. I installed evry thing correct...the games are all working and i can play tham but if i want to save my game i got error message in japan. Can somone help me with that?

Lacqs

Feb 9, 2020
I got a big problem with all the Eushully games: I cant save my game progress. I installed evry thing correct...the games are all working and i can play tham but if i want to save my game i got error message in japan. Can somone help me with that?
you don't need to install anything, just unzip then launch the game through age patch exe

MrKnorke

Mar 21, 2019
you don't need to install anything, just unzip then launch the game through age patch exe
[/QUOTE
ye like i said i did that all correct. And even if i just unzip and launch the game through age patch exe, the game still doesn't save my progress. But i dont get the error message if i just unzip and launch the game through age patch .exe

And thats with all Eushully games. I can play tham but never can save the game progress.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Never had such an issue. Only explanation that I can come up with is that somehow you don't have writing rights to the C:\users\<username>Appdata\Local\Eushully\ ... which might be the case if you run it as a regular user. This is assuming you are running on Windows 10, and your system is on the C drive. Windows 7 probably tries to store the save games in a slightly different folder.

If you run the game as an admin then it should be sorted (and if you run it through Locale Emulator, for instance run it as an admin through Locale Emulator).

MrKnorke

Mar 21, 2019
Never had such an issue. Only explanation that I can come up with is that somehow you don't have writing rights to the C:\users\<username>Appdata\Local\Eushully\ ... which might be the case if you run it as a regular user. This is assuming you are running on Windows 10, and your system is on the C drive. Windows 7 probably tries to store the save games in a slightly different folder.

If you run the game as an admin then it should be sorted (and if you run it through Locale Emulator, for instance run it as an admin through Locale Emulator).
Ohhh wups Im so dumb XD...I didn't run the game as admin now its all working...sorry for my fail there and thank you guys for your help XD.

sajuuk1988

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I am happy to have anohter Eushully game it's been a while.
But man I could not get it to run on windows 10 no mater what I did.
Luckly I still had my old win 7 computer, and it worked on there. don't know why it does not run on main computer.
The fronts just did not want to load,
Ran it as administrator and all, switched region locale to japanese downloaded the nessecery packs, but all I got were crashes.

Mysticguitar

Feb 22, 2020
nothing works, hear sound and instant crash, not a single fix on this 19 page thread worked. idk if you're supposed to restart the computer 15 times for every single little fix, but i'm done with this shit.

unless someone knows a guaranteed way that goes beyond "add subwhatever for japanese language" in apps and features.

tried 100% save just skip to a scene and it doesn't work either.

at this point is it even worth it?

the funny thing is it worked perfectly fine with the original installation without any patches back when i first tried it out.
actually it isn't funny at all.

i downloaded probrably 3 different versions and this shit still persists.

atleast if it gave a fucking error message i'd be okay with it, but this is retarded.

not a single japanese game has given me this much trouble getting to play it.

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
You're better off grabbing a torrent of this (the virtual cd not a pre-installed pack), unpacking, mounting & installing on your own. The person who installed this didn't understand the drm/region lock Eushully implemented starting with La Dea (the game released before this one). Everyone keeps talking about patches to bypass errors, but I've never once needed a patch for Eushully games. The key is everything must be in Japanese locale when installing; this includes region/system locale, region format, language, date & time format and timezone. Everyone forgets the part I italicized. After it's installed, you should be able to switch back your date & time.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes