brahsir

Apr 13, 2018
Let me help you since you wrote all that delete savedata folder then change the game exe's name to kansen 2 start with applocale you are welcome
(Pin this so everyone can play mods)
Thanks. So much simpler.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
i have locale set to jp and even thne locale emulator but its not opening the game, and how to we install the patch?
Patch is just place in game folder and replace all.

Game not starting I'm not sure. You extracted the zip after you changed your locale to Japanese right? Make sure your antivirus isn't removing any of the files. Especially any xp3 or dll files.

JohnTerry

Sep 28, 2023
I can't seem to get this game working correctly, i've changed system Locale to Japanese and downloaded it again and again and patched it, however, every time i run the game it just comes with this error. No fix i try is working.

1703005611665.png

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I can't seem to get this game working correctly, i've changed system Locale to Japanese and downloaded it again and again and patched it, however, every time i run the game it just comes with this error. No fix i try is working.

View attachment 3187474
The error given here is:

The search script for the archive for additional patches encountered an exception: it could not convert ANSI strings to UNICODE characters.Please make sure that the correct data is specified, otherwise the data may be corrupted.

Which tells me the .ks files you have are not using the correct encoding. It might be a problem with your extractor. Are you using 7Zip? That's what I would recommend. Otherwise, it could be an OS problem maybe? I can only recommend you start from scratch. Download the game from the OP, unzip, test to see if it runs, then download patch and apply it and try again.

Bernd69

Jun 13, 2018
Let me help you since you wrote all that delete savedata folder then change the game exe's name to kansen 2 start with applocale you are welcome
Works like a charm

JohnTerry

Sep 28, 2023
The error given here is:

The search script for the archive for additional patches encountered an exception: it could not convert ANSI strings to UNICODE characters.Please make sure that the correct data is specified, otherwise the data may be corrupted.

Which tells me the .ks files you have are not using the correct encoding. It might be a problem with your extractor. Are you using 7Zip? That's what I would recommend. Otherwise, it could be an OS problem maybe? I can only recommend you start from scratch. Download the game from the OP, unzip, test to see if it runs, then download patch and apply it and try again.
I'd go out on a limb and guess that the issue is my OS. Nothing seems to be working, so thats my best guess.

bruhman800

Aug 13, 2022
I spent 2 hours trying to get this game to work but this fix took me 3 minutes, thanks

blacktag222

Jun 21, 2020
Very unexpected about the save folder! I already tried changing the launch file name to what you suggested and it didn't work because I didn't delete the save folder, how is this related...? You are just a shaman!)

Reactions: Ekoki

Wireframe

Jul 4, 2018

kaze32

Jan 14, 2021
Man finally got it to work. Thanks

Jjjorougumo

Dec 10, 2017
oh hell yeah, more sex zombie shenanigans! thank you for what you do, dazedanon-- bringing us genuinely readable MTLs of good underrated games is a noble effort that is very much appreciated

FeSs101

Jul 26, 2021
oh hell yeah, more sex zombie shenanigans! thank you for what you do, dazedanon-- bringing us genuinely readable MTLs of good underrated games is a noble effort that is very much appreciated
Bro, how can I put up a banner as cool as yours?

theguest003

Mar 11, 2019

Pretty sure this error is related to characters in the text file being invalid / in brackets or some kind of syntax error on line 67 of the file. You can open in notepad and see where it's going wrong.

Unfortunately not sure how to get the game to reload the text. So still not sure how to implement a fix.