TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Got real work now, but appreciate the feedback! I wish I had one or more of you as testers before!

Reactions: sava75

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Yes 1 of the people I'm talking about wasn't able to get out in time and suffered a psychotic break. The thing dev's don't take into account is kids play these too. I know we don't want to acknowledge it but you really think a 14 or 15 year old isn't smart enough to click yes I'm of age? Then what if they are impressionable? I know parents should monitor and all that but let's face it kids know how to work around all the preventions we put in place to try to protect them... you can say it's just a game and there's a difference between it and reality but all it takes is one impressionable kid and a seed to create a monster...
I'm legitimately sorry about that -- and if you want to give me a 1 star rating for it, that's actually ok with me. I actually hope it helps you somehow. I worked with real incest victims for more time than I would care to admit. It's horrible, and I saw things no one should. But I can't blame the literally dozens and dozens of games on this very site that promote this kink either. At some point, I had to understand that games, movies, and other forms of media are out there and I can't use my personalized experience to judge what others may or may not do. Bad people are bad people...and yeah, someone may play an incest game and do something nasty...but I can't blame the dev so easily. It's tough...but anyway, I'll be much more sympathetic and just say I'm sorry.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So my initial leaning (thinking out loud since a lot of people here are way smarter about coding then my non-tech self)
for that conversation:

If helpseth choice and kane answers morality choice = Sis team +1
If fuckseth choice and kane answers power choice = Sis team +1
No minus flags at all
Have to test/check at home but first thoughts...
Well, as I mentioned above, I didn't see those two choices as particularly connected on my playthrough, except in so far as all choices in the game are connected. But it's your game, so if you say they should be, that's final. Code-wise, the structure you suggest seems unproblematic.

Shifting topic completely (well, sort of), I only just noticed that organizing the welcome party for the sister also gives a -1 (effectively -2 as you miss out on a +1) to the team score; I'd missed that earlier. Presumably if the party had made it into this update, there would have been an opportunity to recoup that point if the party was to her liking. Else I might have to replay that section at some point and doing the fashion show instead.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Well, as I mentioned above, I didn't see those two choices as particularly connected on my playthrough, except in so far as all choices in the game are connected. But it's your game, so if you say they should be, that's final. Code-wise, the structure you suggest seems unproblematic.

Shifting topic completely (well, sort of), I only just noticed that organizing the welcome party for the sister also gives a -1 (effectively -2 as you miss out on a +1) to the team score; I'd missed that earlier. Presumably if the party had made it into this update, there would have been an opportunity to recoup that point if the party was to her liking. Else I might have to replay that section at some point and doing the fashion show instead.
Yes, that one is by design because Kane chose to reject working with his sister. But I have pondered the punitive nature of that penalty and did consider adding a point back for picking the right choice for either of two possible choices. It's so much to consider!

Reactions: cloudfw

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yes, that one is by design because Kane chose to reject working with his sister. But I have pondered the punitive nature of that penalty and did consider adding a point back for picking the right choice for either of two possible choices. It's so much to consider!
Yup, although he rejects it in order to organize a party for her instead, so imo the -1 in addition to missing the +1 is a bit much (but I'm nitpicking). Dominique even suggests as much, but it would make sense that any such points are only awarded after the party has taken place:
Code:
d "Goes well means that for your post party evaluation...[pname3], the Board, and the clients are all happy when it's over."

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Yup, although he rejects it in order to organize a party for her instead, so imo the -1 in addition to missing the +1 is a bit much (but I'm nitpicking). Dominique even suggests as much, but it would make sense that any such points are only awarded after the party has taken place:
Code:
d "Goes well means that for your post party evaluation...[pname3], the Board, and the clients are all happy when it's over."
Great feedback, and originally the party WAS to take place in 0.5 but due to the technical difficulty of it (I had to abandon it, Patrons know this) I had to push it back so this also skewed that result by one point already...

Reactions: gregers

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod progress update: OK folks, this is going to take a while since I have to verify no point changes occurred pre-v0.5, then read every line in update to follow paths and code accordingly. If you just can't wait and are fixing to pee your pants for the mod, I've ported v0.4 of the mod over to v0.5 of VN and is available in a post on the mod's thread. The posted file will only be available temporarily while I update the mod then I'll remove it. The post here has clarity on the subject.

TessSadist I'll help you via msg if I run into anything odd that hasn't been reported but I'm stacked with 5 projects at once right now so I can't give it my full attention at the moment. Regards.

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
SanchoMod progress update: OK folks, this is going to take a while since I have to verify no point changes occurred pre-v0.5, then read every line in update to follow paths and code accordingly. If you just can't wait and are fixing to pee your pants for the mod, I've ported v0.4 of the mod over to v0.5 of VN and is available in a post on the mod's thread. The posted file will only be available temporarily while I update the mod then I'll remove it. The post has clarity on the subject.

TessSadist I'll help you via msg if I run into anything odd that hasn't been reported but I'm stacked with 5 projects at once right now so I can't give it my full attention at the moment. Regards.
Sancho, I am making some minor code changes so don't worry quite yet! I got some useful feedback about it and want to make a few tweaks tonight and will likely upload an updated version in the near future! Not a lot of changes, but just a few key ones!

• Hey there
Reactions: sava75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, I am making some minor code changes so don't worry quite yet! I got some useful feedback about it and want to make a few tweaks tonight and will likely upload an updated version in the near future! Not a lot of changes, but just a few key ones!
Tess, no worries, I want to make a quick mod update then port my new core mod to the entire KGv0.5 as I've done with a small handfull of titles thus far (it's debut was very recent, but very impressive massive mod overhaul). Can you save me a couple hours and let me know if there was anything besides spelling corrections made pre v0.5? My initial scan didn't note any but I need to double-check as folks expect 100% accuracy (as they should). Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Tess, no worries, I want to make a quick mod update then port my new core mod to the entire KGv0.5 as I've done with a small handfull of titles thus far (it's debut was very recent, but very impressive massive mod overhaul). Can you save me a couple hours and let me know if there was anything besides spelling corrections made pre v0.5? My initial scan didn't note any but I need to double-check as folks expect 100% accuracy (as they should). Regards.
No my hard and fast rule is no matter what, if I screwed up something before the latest update, I just leave it because I'm too scared to have to alter older code. I try and fix somehow in new update if possible. Within 24 hours, I will have new 0.5 with minor code changes added. (just on dom path, a problem with more sub testers than dom lol!)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No my hard and fast rule is no matter what, if I screwed up something before the latest update, I just leave it because I'm too scared to have to alter older code. I try and fix somehow in new update if possible. Within 24 hours, I will have new 0.5 with minor code changes added. (just on dom path, a problem with more sub testers than dom lol!)
Excellent, thank you for that. I'll macro a quick old mod update to keep folks satisfied then start porting the new Python core mod over. Ports take me quite some time but it'll give me a chance to really parse the scripting a assist your efforts at the same time. I need to get back to it. Kindest regards, time to refill the Crown & Coke and start slamming some code.

Reactions: TessSadist

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
sorry! I got this error and how should I do it?
Absolutely nothing is wrong with the OEM screens.rpy inside the archive script file. All indentions are correct and just base RenPy scripted code. Run the game as downloaded and don't unbundle the archived files.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod port progress update: I know the below screen looks "busy" but I'm forcing all the windows open to take the screenshot, so don't worry. For those who haven't seen my new mod core yet all the menus and windows are animated, and everything can be turned on/off as desired and do I mean everything to the point where the VN is completely unmodded.

There's 3 different stat screen options, this screen shows the MiniStat screen. There's a larger one that can be populated while in the game via the MiniMenu (bottom-right), and the main one which can be populated from the Game Menu. I'm simply posting this to give update status as I progress....updating the usual crappy-simple WT mod is one thing but I've decided to go ahead with the complete port which is quite a bit of work....fuckit.

And, yes, I'll work on a separate gallery and some other goodies too. As always progress/updates are on the mod's thread here. Regards.

1634193470834.png 1634192239692.png

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I requested an update with a tweaked version 0.5 General B -- I don't have three large enough servers for file hosting (I think that's the upload rule) so requested uploaders here to put it up, so look for it in the near future!

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes