Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I hope Olivia and Kane can have a nice little wholesome field trip like the girls playing police was (i.e. evil and sexy af)...

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
I think that's a good theory. One small addition, we know where the island is - Olivia's been told as much. She tells Kane on the Sub route. It's Saint Helena.

Reactions: Choooogatta

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Err just for those bored as I sit and sit myself (I am actually flying home soon) some key locations: (I was choosing between this region of the world and Asia and picked the former - I have been to most of these locations personally so very easy for me to imagine it better for whatever reason) Not important at all for most people I think but for me very relevant how I imagine everything especially as I was considering a different game in this universe at first: (taking place about 22 years after this story with Kane's child and canon ending/partner from KG background story which was not intended as game at first at all)

St Helena (Jonathan the tortoise/Napoleon) - The Joy Facility (majority of game here)

Tristan da Cunha (a very isolated island) - Another area of interest (relevant later), owned by The Karlsson Group

Inaccessible Island - secret research facility - possibly relevant with certain choices most will not see it naturally it is incredibly difficult to find by design in game with choices very early on and still ongoing (I have not even included hints with prior choices in WTs at all, only someone looking at code might figure out a little at the very end when it's out) (one of "secret" endings I have planned so not desired for everyone actually as it's not a normal ending at all)

Gough Island - DeKock Syndicate owned island - negotiated with Karlsson Group in dispute with Tristan da Cunha/St Helena (Karlsson negotiated to own) and Gough/Ascension Island (DeKock owned)

City of Windhoek, former country of Namibia - Corporate HQ of The Karlsson Group - territory stretches mostly south to Cape Town along the western coast of Africa. Cape Town has a special luxury suburb area within Cape Town called Callista's Hill (yes, named after Alexander's desire incorporating Table Mountain and part of coast below) home to most elite of the company, etc.

City of Johannesburg, former country of South Africa - Corporate HQ of The DeKock Syndicate - region is south/east (to East London, South Africa and east to small area called Tofo Beach, formerly Mozambique so territory most of east coast of South Africa and coast of Mozambique)

Former country of Botswana - collection of independent trade groups/survivors and more isolated pockets - home of Claudia/Celeste/Phoebe and some civilization but much less organized and more rural/farming/etc. One new city built in area after collapse called New Paris (a group of French survivors/politicians/military types early fleeing south founded the city and it grew over time) which is only major city in area (Doctor Chastain is also from there originally)

Most land north of this in Africa is mostly uninhabited due to global conditions but very tough survivors here and there likely survive through it all although not explored by game entities/players

Tension area - valuable land along south coast of South Africa - Karlsson Group and DeKock Syndicate both desire it.

I might try and explain Great Collapse in more detail but if I do it would be very specifically in a "book" or something in game like a database accessible with a menu/UI or something not in main dialogue that someone could read at their leisure or ignore entirely as it's not central for the sex scenes, haha!

Just random crap that goes in my head to flesh out lore/background as it helps me write better fleshed out ideas, etc. Probably not necessary at all, but just do it anyway!

(random typing so this might be a disorganized or wrong from my head -- not the best screen to see actually)

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Err just for those bored as I sit and sit myself (I am actually flying home soon) some key locations: (I was choosing between this region of the world and Asia and picked the former - I have been to most of these locations personally so very easy for me to imagine it better for whatever reason) Not important at all for most people I think but for me very relevant how I imagine everything especially as I was considering a different game in this universe at first: (taking place about 22 years after this story with Kane's child and canon ending/partner from KG background story which was not intended as game at first at all)

St Helena (Jonathan the tortoise/Napoleon) - The Joy Facility (majority of game here)

Tristan da Cunha (a very isolated island) - Another area of interest (relevant later), owned by The Karlsson Group

Inaccessible Island - secret research facility - possibly relevant with certain choices most will not see it naturally it is incredibly difficult to find by design in game with choices very early on and still ongoing (I have not even included hints with prior choices in WTs at all, only someone looking at code might figure out a little at the very end when it's out) (one of "secret" endings I have planned so not desired for everyone actually as it's not a normal ending at all)

Gough Island - DeKock Syndicate owned island - negotiated with Karlsson Group in dispute with Tristan da Cunha/St Helena (Karlsson negotiated to own) and Gough/Ascension Island (DeKock owned)

City of Windhoek, former country of Namibia - Corporate HQ of The Karlsson Group - territory stretches mostly south to Cape Town along the western coast of Africa. Cape Town has a special luxury suburb area within Cape Town called Callista's Hill (yes, named after Alexander's desire incorporating Table Mountain and part of coast below) home to most elite of the company, etc.

City of Johannesburg, former country of South Africa - Corporate HQ of The DeKock Syndicate - region is south/east (to East London, South Africa and east to small area called Tofo Beach, formerly Mozambique so territory most of east coast of South Africa and coast of Mozambique)

Former country of Botswana - collection of independent trade groups/survivors and more isolated pockets - home of Claudia/Celeste/Phoebe and some civilization but much less organized and more rural/farming/etc. One new city built in area after collapse called New Paris (a group of French survivors/politicians/military types early fleeing south founded the city and it grew over time) which is only major city in area (Doctor Chastain is also from there originally)

Most land north of this in Africa is mostly uninhabited due to global conditions but very tough survivors here and there likely survive through it all although not explored by game entities/players

Tension area - valuable land along south coast of South Africa - Karlsson Group and DeKock Syndicate both desire it.

I might try and explain Great Collapse in more detail but if I do it would be very specifically in a "book" or something in game like a database accessible with a menu/UI or something not in main dialogue that someone could read at their leisure or ignore entirely as it's not central for the sex scenes, haha!

Just random crap that goes in my head to flesh out lore/background as it helps me write better fleshed out ideas, etc. Probably not necessary at all, but just do it anyway!

(random typing so this might be a disorganized or wrong from my head -- not the best screen to see actually)
Thank you for the detailed answer. Probably the majority of players do not care about such details but I have the bad habit of digging into the lore of the games I love( read the Witcher saga after playing Witcher 3, the Metro books, and so on). Karlsson's Gambit is a real gem of a game and one of the very few on this site that makes me think even after closing the game. You have really done a fantastic job!!

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
So im at K7 at the end of the update doing the junko/dominique path and being good not evil, is there any way you can get K8 on that path by that time? I see something like you needed +3 chanel or -3z things but there was no way on the mod that said -z and to even get the junko path you have to turn down chanel..

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
So im at K7 at the end of the update doing the junko/dominique path and being good not evil, is there any way you can get K8 on that path by that time? I see something like you needed +3 chanel or -3z things but there was no way on the mod that said -z and to even get the junko path you have to turn down chanel..
K8 here. Dom + good path

Reactions: D9074

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
It is definitely possible for that route. So the things you need to keep in mind are
zpoints<3 ( zpoints are basically something you accumulate when you make wrong decisions in Ep5 i.e the lower the better)
sisteam>=2 (Maximum of 4 possible i think)
sis_bro>=1( several opportunities to get 1 pt)
In this case, you can ignore Chanel criteria, she will recommend you for promotion anyway.Olivia will take that a step further if all the above conditions are met.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
It is definitely possible for that route. So the things you need to keep in mind are
zpoints<3 ( zpoints are basically something you accumulate when you make wrong decisions in Ep5 i.e the lower the better)
sisteam>=2 (Maximum of 4 possible i think)
sis_bro>=1( several opportunities to get 1 pt)
In this case, you can ignore Chanel criteria, she will recommend you for promotion anyway.Olivia will take that a step further if all the above conditions are met.

my z points are at 0
sisteam is 3
sis bro is 5
lol idk how i didnt get it.. my good is at 12 and dom is 7.

maybe its the thing i chose, i chose to help at the fashion show thing on this one and not the other.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
ahhh idk what i did different, i need to try a few things and see if i can get there.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
yeah I was K6 and sis declined to make me K7 my 1st time thru. Thenothers said they made K8, so I went back and played thru with that intent. (I do have the mod installed btw). 2nd time up, made K8 just fine. Pay attention to the hints in the mod. Pay CLOSE attention to them! lol

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
my z points are at 0
sisteam is 3
sis bro is 5
lol idk how i didnt get it.. my good is at 12 and dom is 7.

maybe its the thing i chose, i chose to help at the fashion show thing on this one and not the other.
you can also try using the WT.
With how many choices and flags this game has, i found using both the WT and the mod to be the best way to get what you want.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
i just dont know where i went wrong, i played last episode good i just cant get the k8. maybe it was something i did before it where i need someone else to be a bit higher. when the sis asks why she didnt request k8 she just says you need 2 trainers to request it

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
i just dont know where i went wrong, i played last episode good i just cant get the k8. maybe it was something i did before it where i need someone else to be a bit higher. when the sis asks why she didnt request k8 she just says you need 2 trainers to request it
I am going through the WT and i cant see why you are unable to get K8.
Maybe try playing chapter 5 from the beginning? and play special attention to these certain points.
I managed to get K8 on all 3 of my Dom playthroughs and the good one was with Junko + Dom. So i cant make out where is it going wrong for you. You could also try posting your save here and someone who has more knowledge could take a look.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
What are the effects of "sis bro" & "sis team" points ??
They reflect the relationship between the siblings, higher means they have a better relationship with each other.
Generally you get sis team points when playing as kane and sis bro points when playing as olivia
Gameplay wise its main effect is at the evaluation at the end of chapter 5, where if you dont have enough points you cant get the max possible rank

Reactions: Allan Trumbull

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
idk im kinda retarded ill go back a couple and see
A common culprit is picking party planning over helping out with the fashion show (choice late in chapter 4). The points have been rejigged a bit, but I think it's still the case that you get one point less with the sister that way. And in chapter 5, make sure Olivia's choice re Seth's fate matches Kane's choice re doing good during the evaluation. Also, don't try for a neutral path, pick a lane, good or evil, and stick with it as far as is reasonable.

I think those are some of the more obvious traps, you can look at the walkthrough for further details.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
They reflect the relationship between the siblings, higher means they have a better relationship with each other.
Generally you get sis team points when playing as kane and sis bro points when playing as olivia
Gameplay wise its main effect is at the evaluation at the end of chapter 5, where if you dont have enough points you cant get the max possible rank
Thank you. Appreciated

4.40 star(s) 147 Votes