DarkFencer1

Apr 27, 2019
...I also have already written out the entire branching storyline (in outline form) with 15 endings ahead of time...

I am trying to throw some clues for these ahead of time so that a if player goes back someday, they might enjoy a replay with catching a lot of things they missed the first time around...
You've got a whole commission of detectives out there. You should know. And I would even go so far as to say that I personally wasn't much of a fan of visual novels about 2 years ago. And to date I've been interested in several, but I haven't dedicated the replayability time I've dedicated to yours to any of them. Clearly the plot is at the level of any Netflix series.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Honestly, the power struggle and dynamics inside the company are more entertaining than 90% of the series' Netflix puts out. Couldn't even finish watching the recent Witcher season with how much they deviated from the source material.

Jetse

Apr 22, 2020
You've got a whole commission of detectives out there. You should know. And I would even go so far as to say that I personally wasn't much of a fan of visual novels about 2 years ago. And to date I've been interested in several, but I haven't dedicated the replayability time I've dedicated to yours to any of them. Clearly the plot is at the level of any Netflix series.
Yeah, the replayability of this game is great, not only because the mutiple paths. With every update (I remember playing it for the first time in .....0.2 I think?) Tess gives you some more hints and every time after finish it always start a new game trying to find a meaning to some theories I create.
I think this is the only game that allows me do this, if you know another let me know it;).

Congratulations to Tess for her Itch.io numbers (I prefer it, or buymeabeer to Patreon for some reasons....)

Reactions: LAKueiJin

danny slayer

Nov 17, 2016
Does the path you are on affect your final standing? Or was it just a case of not making the ’correct’ choices? On my Juliette route I got promoted to K8 at the end, but on my Dominique route I think I was K6.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Does the path you are on affect your final standing? Or was it just a case of not making the ’correct’ choices? On my Juliette route I got promoted to K8 at the end, but on my Dominique route I think I was K6.
I will try and explain the ranks as best as I can in the following way: There is kind a main tree trunk story branch that is the major path of the story. Right now there are two MAJOR paths: K4 and below (sub) and K5 and above (dom). So ranks for those major paths won't matter as much as a K5 and K8 will see the same major scenes.

There are smaller side branches that will lead to specific scenes. Ranks matters a little for extra flavor scenes. A K3 has seen one extra specific scene with Olivia err "watering" someone. Another example: to formally do a game shot host dom path with Katsumi later, you will have to have chosen the "gameshow" tag from 0.5, she also mentions in the story you need to be ranked K7 or higher to work that job. So at some point (not yet), a player needs to hit K7 to see that specific little branch from the perspective of Kane helping run the game show. (versus not) A few minor scenes such as what room/girl might appear in a small scene might matter for specific rank. For example in 0.5 update, a K5 saw one room and Chanel/Delilah kiss/play in front of you/Kwame, at K6 another scene with just Delilah happened (either just blowjob or sex depending if you had 2 points with her), and a K7 yet a third starting room with Junko (again either just blowjob or sex depending if romance path open with her). But after the start of 0.5, most of the dom scenes were basically the same.

So rank is not a gigantic difference at all for a lot of scenes. (too hard to write four entire story paths for say K5, K6, K7, and K8, etc.) In the end, the major endings are more defined by what big choices you make with certain decisions/women. A K6 won't be locked out of a major romance or ending possibility with the huge choices. Trying not to spoil, but hope this helps!

danny slayer

Nov 17, 2016
I will try and explain the ranks as best as I can in the following way: There is kind a main tree trunk story branch that is the major path of the story. Right now there are two MAJOR paths: K4 and below (sub) and K5 and above (dom). So ranks for those major paths won't matter as much as a K5 and K8 will see the same major scenes.

There are smaller side branches that will lead to specific scenes. Ranks matters a little for extra flavor scenes. A K3 has seen one extra specific scene with Olivia err "watering" someone. Another example: to formally do a game shot host dom path with Katsumi later, you will have to have chosen the "gameshow" tag from 0.5, she also mentions in the story you need to be ranked K7 or higher to work that job. So at some point (not yet), a player needs to hit K7 to see that specific little branch from the perspective of Kane helping run the game show. (versus not) A few minor scenes such as what room/girl might appear in a small scene might matter for specific rank. For example in 0.5 update, a K5 saw one room and Chanel/Delilah kiss/play in front of you/Kwame, at K6 another scene with just Delilah happened (either just blowjob or sex depending if you had 2 points with her), and a K7 yet a third starting room with Junko (again either just blowjob or sex depending if romance path open with her). But after the start of 0.5, most of the dom scenes were basically the same.

So rank is not a gigantic difference at all for a lot of scenes. (too hard to write four entire story paths for say K5, K6, K7, and K8, etc.) In the end, the major endings are more defined by what big choices you make with certain decisions/women. A K6 won't be locked out of a major romance or ending possibility with the huge choices. Trying not to spoil, but hope this helps!
Thanks for the comprehensive breakdown. This is definitely one of the better games on the site - so I’m super excited for all future content!

D9074

Feb 21, 2021

Im kinda dumb sometimes so just making sure, so its possible for a k6 to get the same good ending as someone who got to k8 or higher?

the aim im going for is to get as high up as i can without being evil, which has got me around dominique at k8 i think. So the path im going is likely going to be with dominique and trying to run it all or as close to that as i can.

Im asking this because a lot of the time ive gone back to make sure im as high rank as possible because i thought there would be no way to get to run it and be with dominique if i stayed around a k6 rank. I get you cant say too much, its a really good game though i love that you dont have to just be a sub or a evil dom and you can still be good. being evil even in a game is not really something i want to do but i do love the ranks and trying to get as high up as possible.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Im kinda dumb sometimes so just making sure, so its possible for a k6 to get the same good ending as someone who got to k8 or higher?

the aim im going for is to get as high up as i can without being evil, which has got me around dominique at k8 i think. So the path im going is likely going to be with dominique and trying to run it all or as close to that as i can.

Im asking this because a lot of the time ive gone back to make sure im as high rank as possible because i thought there would be no way to get to run it and be with dominique if i stayed around a k6 rank. I get you cant say too much, its a really good game though i love that you dont have to just be a sub or a evil dom and you can still be good. being evil even in a game is not really something i want to do but i do love the ranks and trying to get as high up as possible.
Hi, without spoiling everything, yes. At some point in the story later, the ranks will have less significance than they do now. There is a critical point later in which certain decisions basically put Kane on a more locked path so to speak for the final Act of the story. Meaning, that you no longer will be able to just "switch evil/good" or "dom/sub" so easily anymore. My employee and helper artist Anais is a super avid gamer and maybe this example helps. She has seen my entire outline from start to finish, and she says it reminds her of a role playing game called Fallout where at some point, you commit to a "faction" in a beat up Las Vegas area as there is ultimately a big choice that closes off some other paths. Your romances/morality and dom/sub status impact the story in that area, but you can't switch allegiances so easily anymore. (although I may have surprises for this such as being offered to secretly betray one's own team, etc.) Maybe example this helps? So you can still influence and even betray that faction perhaps, but you can't really play certain scenes anymore with another group scene to scene. But that within that "team" you can be good/evil/dom/sub still with different choices, but that you can't magically just leap to another faction track. Harder to explain without being very spoilerly, so hope this gives a good enough clue overall.

Your prior choices will kind of determine what kind of man you basically choose to be...so while you can still do a lot of choices with the last part of the plot, those choices will not be about all of sudden making super evil decisions after playing most of the game as good, etc. Minor spoiler is that keep in mind Olivia's own choices/morality may determine if Kane is working with...or against her in different ways.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Hi, without spoiling everything, yes. At some point in the story later, the ranks will have less significance than they do now. There is a critical point later in which certain decisions basically put Kane on a more locked path so to speak for the final Act of the story. Meaning, that you no longer will be able to just "switch evil/good" or "dom/sub" so easily anymore. My employee and helper artist Anais is a super avid gamer and maybe this example helps. She has seen my entire outline from start to finish, and she says it reminds her of a role playing game called Fallout where at some point, you commit to a "faction" in a beat up Las Vegas area as there is ultimately a big choice that closes off some other paths. Your romances/morality and dom/sub status impact the story in that area, but you can't switch allegiances so easily anymore. (although I may have surprises for this such as being offered to secretly betray one's own team, etc.) Maybe example this helps? So you can still influence and even betray that faction perhaps, but you can't really play certain scenes anymore with another group scene to scene. But that within that "team" you can be good/evil/dom/sub still with different choices, but that you can't magically just leap to another faction track. Harder to explain without being very spoilerly, so hope this gives a good enough clue overall.

Your prior choices will kind of determine what kind of man you basically choose to be...so while you can still do a lot of choices with the last part of the plot, those choices will not be about all of sudden making super evil decisions after playing most of the game as good, etc. Minor spoiler is that keep in mind Olivia's own choices/morality may determine if Kane is working with...or against her in different ways.
That makes perfect sense, thank you. It makes sense that you cant switch so easily and it reminds me of other games where at a certain point you kind of get locked into a path so that doesnt bother me. I have been trying to make both the MC and his sister be dom but not evil and im sure others that are on that path wouldnt want to just randomly start being evil too. The betray thing is interesting and might make some people second guess their decision on it so i like that too. I wont be doing it unless the person you're going to betray ends up being very different or shows red flags kinda thing.

You have made a great game, i played it many times to get where i want to be and i was definitely thinking hard on the way to answer certain stuff and act on there to get where i need to be, it feels a lot different to other games so you did a great job having such a unique game. Cant wait to finish it and play any others you come out with

Reactions: asehpe

sl1pstream

Sep 11, 2021
That is an opening scene from Fallout New Vegas. Can something like that work as ending in KG hmm. FNV is one of my favorite games of all time. Great role playing, so many different things you can do, factions to join and choices to make. Quite a few different endings too! I have almost 500 hours logged on Steam :oops:

I mean Karlsson's Gambit will have around 15 endings according to dev, so lets hope it becomes a cult classic of Adult VNs/games just like Fallout New Vegas is for regular games. Its certainly getting there I feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Among Us

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
This game... has improved enormously in all possible ways and directions, and is a good example of what a 'sex game' has the potentially to become if effort and imagination are put into it. There is a lot to say about it... I'll have to come back later, especially because of IRL stuff. But anyway, let's say that this seems right now the best femdom-related game to be found here. Quite an impressive work.

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
That is an opening scene from Fallout New Vegas. Can something like that work as ending in KG hmm. FNV is one of my favorite games of all time. Great role playing, so many different things you can do, factions to join and choices to make. Quite a few different endings too! I have almost 500 hours logged on Steam :oops:

I mean Karlsson's Gambit will have around 15 endings according to dev, so lets hope it becomes a cult classic of Adult VNs/games just like Fallout New Vegas is for regular games. Its certainly getting there I feel.
Olivia: "Kane, why did you kill Dominique?!"
Kane: "She tried to make me pay taxes."

Olivia: ".. Understandable."

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
You may have confused it with the release of the 0.5 update which happened in October. The last two updates have taken around 5 months to make, so March or April would be my guess for the next one.
Naah that was her estimate.

I will likely give more clarity on this before the end of January. But not in January, it's too soon. (my project notes say I think Oct 24 I started on 0.6, so not even 3 months yet, and unfortunately I can't work super fast with real life work, etc.)

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Naah that was her estimate.
You've just answered yourself.
" my project notes say I think Oct 24 I started on 0.6, so not even 3 months yet "
The sentence structure is confusing. I think she meant to say she started working on Oct 24 and has no estimate yet.
" I will likely give more clarity on this before the end of January. But not in January, it's too soon. "

Reactions: bulifun and ARB582
4.40 star(s) 147 Votes