MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
The way I speculate, Callista traded one son to save the other. She kept all her kids off the radar until seth actually needed to be healed with the karlsson technology. Once that became necessary, she returned and gave up the location to her other kids.
Which would also work to explain why hes not tortured as bad as other participants. He's there to be healed.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
The way I speculate, Callista traded one son to save the other. She kept all her kids off the radar until seth actually needed to be healed with the karlsson technology. Once that became necessary, she returned and gave up the location to her other kids.
Which would also work to explain why hes not tortured as bad as other participants. He's there to be healed.
Don't forget Katsumi has him targeted for her games.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
I see him as a potential plan B to Kane. If both truly are Callista's sons, then both have value for that reason alone. It's been made clear to Kane that things may not work out for him, so maybe Seth is a backup option. He still carries Callista's genes, even if he is a lesser physical specimen than Kane. That may not be such a drawback if treatment works. For all we know, he might be smarter and mentally tougher than Kane, both of which would be sought after qualities here. Time will tell I guess.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
They need allies to win.No one likes Juliette.
Well I like her, but with respect to other characters, a fair point. However, how many allies do you need if you can engineer the removal of your competition? That's entirely speculative of course, but not everyone has to make it to the end do they?

Reactions: DoverUK25

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Well I like her, but with respect to other characters, a fair point. However, how many allies do you need if you can engineer the removal of your competition? That's entirely speculative of course, but not everyone has to make it to the end do they?
I think evil Oliva/Ellena as allies for Juliette/Kane would be a winner for the dark side.

Reactions: Deante

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
I think evil Oliva/Ellena as allies for Juliette/Kane would be a winner for the dark side.
For sure, but it's hard to see that alliance lasting. Maybe if the bond is still strong between Kane and Olivia it might, but without something to prevent betrayal, it's hard to see one side not going for the other once the rest of the competition is gone. It's all just guesswork though. It may be such an alliance is never possible in the game. Still fun to imagine though!

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
I can see olivia kane juliette teamin up .. That path will branch out to different endings towards d end of course! They need more allies as they have to fight mighty veronica !! 'veronica losing' sound really absurd btw :D
There are gonna be teams for sure .. we need some clarity on 7th member of d board and alessa's real intentions !

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Karlssons never actually lost track of Callista and her kids, as they have footage of them growing up. They only started making moves after Alexander died and the clauses of the Gambit became clear.
As for what happens to Seth, it will largely depend on what the players want. He sorta acts like a moral compass for Olivia and maybe Kane in the future and his fate will vary based on the player's choices, more than his own decisions.

Reactions: Stan5851

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
Alessa seem so genuine while talking to dom kane ... i am so confused abt grym gudinna !

Last edited:

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
As for seth .. i like to keep him in just a supporting role ... as there are already so many main characters ! I doubt he is callista's son ! I don't know !

Reactions: DoverUK25

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
As for seth .. i like to keep him in just a supporting role ... as there are already so many main characters ! I doubt he is callista's son ! I don't know !
It's my assumption that he is Callista's son because that gives him some value to the Gambit beyond simple leverage. If Kane and/or Olivia are very evil, that leverage is pretty limited. While I like the idea of him being a potential (but hard to achieve) winner, I have no certainty that will be possible, and he could well just be the basis for player choices in support of other character actions. Time will tell.

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
It's my assumption that he is Callista's son because that gives him some value to the Gambit beyond simple leverage. If Kane and/or Olivia are very evil, that leverage is pretty limited. While I like the idea of him being a potential (but hard to achieve) winner, I have no certainty that will be possible, and he could well just be the basis for player choices in support of other character actions. Time will tell.
if he is callista's son .. he is of same value as kane ... but it dint look like that, atleast till now ! I see your point .. he will be very important going forward if thats d case

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
if he is callista's son .. he is of same value as kane ... but it dint look like that, atleast till now ! I see your point .. he will be very important going forward if thats d case
Assuming he is indeed Callista's son, both he and Kane have bloodline value for sure, but Kane is the preferred option as he's the physically better package and I think Alexander would prefer that. I've no clue on their relative intelligence, which may be a potential factor. I also don't know much about Seth's condition. Is it genetic or not? Could it even be something the Karlssons did to him? I can only guess with the shortage of solid info.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Karlssons never actually lost track of Callista and her kids, as they have footage of them growing up. They only started making moves after Alexander died and the clauses of the Gambit became clear.
As for what happens to Seth, it will largely depend on what the players want. He sorta acts like a moral compass for Olivia and maybe Kane in the future and his fate will vary based on the player's choices, more than his own decisions.
I assume the footage they have is callistas footage of their growing up. If they had the footage this whole time, it makes no sense for Elena to have never seen it. Also, there is no way that Alexander would let
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree about Seth. His whole purpose is as a barter chip/ backup if necessary. If one of Kane/Olivia gets too jealous they'll likely have him killed, if not he'll be healed and sent on his way.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021

Unlocked

This is super late for me, just into Sunday but some of you may be wide awake already!
Please read the following FIRST:
I am going to shut off billing for the month of April. So this means anyone pledged right now will not be billed next month as I am keeping my promise not to charge any of you. I will note why I feel this is the right thing to do. However, please also note that I am not 100% sure what happens if someone stops a pledge in March and then tries again next month. You may get charged if you count as a "new" Patron perhaps -- so I am kind of trying to give a heads up for people to not worry about next month being charged.

I made this decision because I have always felt there is a certain cadence/speed that I feel is about right for a release based on 1) my very busy life/work outside of the game 2) realistic workload/renders per month and 3) size of update factoring in a timeline.
So in a sense, I feel like roughly a 2000 render update should take about 5ish months based on my own sense of speed. 5 months is about March 24th from my original start, which is why I picked that date as a target in the first place as a hope as I predicted the update would end up about 2000. (which is going to be about right) I do not think it is realistic for me to go much faster than this rate without harming my real life/income, but I also feel I should not go a lot slower either. I also like not getting paid for April because it really "forces" me to feel the pressure, and I'm actually one of those women that respond well to this kind of reality. It's already harsh for me per hour to make the game in relation to other work even with income, but getting zero is an entirely different level of pain...and it does help believe it or not...I respond well in life and in general this way.
My very first update of 0.1 -- it was about 457 renders I think -- it took me about 3 months to finish it, and now I feel like that should take 6 weeks tops. So I feel like I have sped up a LOT from my first days doing this stuff. 0.2 took me about I think 2.5 to 3 months (April to July roughly from 0.1 to 0.2) and it was about 650 renders.
But here's why I think I can finish a rough draft of the game by the end of this month, but likely will push it back into April because I simply need more time to test/edit and basically get it polished. Also, what factors led me to this place, because I want to be 100% transparent about the game.
1) Losing my artist hurt more than I said publicly -- mostly because I took two months to find a replacement, and Anais is way more slammed than before for our clients, which I have to prioritize for that over the game. (for her in particular)
2) I have now learned the utility of time/effort to results with some animation attempts. I wanted to learn how to do it, and one scene in 0.6 actually has 13 animations in the scene, but in the end...I have largely now abandoned further work of this nature to focus on the story/renders to finish up. I am not convinced moving forward it's all that great, but I will let Patrons playing the game later provide some feedback (I hope!) on how it impacted things. I think this effort cost me about 1-2 weeks personally, but I still hope people enjoy what I have done. I will probably release the Test Version with all animations and ask for feedback -- I have static renders of all of the animations too if I want to switch them out. (I am planning even now only to use about 2/3rd of the animations I actually created given how I think they work with dialogue)
3 ) I have a little family drama occurring right now I did not expect -- it has mostly impacted my communication with my highest tiers more than anything, and they are being super awesome about it. I have had to sacrifice some time there. It has not heavily impacted my time to the game, but I do think it has impacted my speed a little.

It is extremely important to me that I maintain a sense of honor/integrity in how I communicate and charge for this game. I rarely talk about what parts of myself are in this game (they are truly in there with different characters) but in terms of my work personality towards the game development process, I am absolutely the character of Kiyomi (want to act with a sense of honor).

As I have always said, I am a Patron myself of other games and have seen both the great and horrible with how game devs have treated me as a paying customer. I like games too (when I have time haha!) and have experienced negative things too. Those memories/feelings drive me to try and do my best. I also refunded a new very high tier for March simply because I could not dedicate the time fairly to him for what we talked about doing, and I want to thank him (not calling him out by name but he knows) personally for being understanding, etc.

So here is where I am right NOW:
I have just hit 1499 renders as of this sentence.
I am now moving solely to the sub path. I do like to save it for last because I have found it easier with the context of what dom Kane knows/experiences. I also admit I enjoy thinking about these scenes, etc.
I have been VERY reluctant to share certain Olivia images (especially with Kane) but I will share a few of her upcoming images for 0.6 -- as seen above. Remember that for her character, there are clearly two shades of her right now -- one who helped Seth, and one who decided basically fuck him. (the literal flags are helpseth and fuckseth)
I am actually a little closer to finishing than I appear with renders because a lot of the assets/rooms are kind of all picked out. I am also taking off about 5 full days at the end of March to basically try and cram out 250+ renders that week.
Side warning: Please be careful with the K1 area in 0.6. Might be a dark path/scene in there that's not for everyone. (likely to have a warning, depending if I keep it or pull it back some) Not everyone will even see that room based on prior choices too.
I'm really, really tired so forgive the post if it's got a few errors/issues. But I am sincerely grateful that I get any support from even 1 person...it means people are having fun with the game. I don't take that lightly.
I will update next week with more specifics and percentages with where I am with everything. The script is good, the music is ugh...needs more...renders are getting pretty far along, I'd say that might be done by end of March or very close. I am hoping I can get a rough draft finished and then test, test, and test...add music last. (the more updates the harder it gets because there are more saves I need to test with prior choices...)
Ok, I've rambled long enough, have a great week!

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes