Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
I assume the footage they have is callistas footage of their growing up. If they had the footage this whole time, it makes no sense for Elena to have never seen it. Also, there is no way that Alexander would let
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I agree about Seth. His whole purpose is as a barter chip/ backup if necessary. If one of Kane/Olivia gets too jealous they'll likely have him killed, if not he'll be healed and sent on his way.
I think I get your point. You think that Callista admitted Seth to the hospital knowing that this will put them on the Karlsson radar. That makes sense. But I can think of some counter-points. Keep in mind these are just my speculations and feel free to point out any mistakes.
1. Callista did have some contact with the Karlssons years after leaving the island, which is evident from her meeting Veronica and her mother at the trailer. So, at least some people at the Karlssons knew where they were. Elena could have been purposely kept in the dark to give Olivia a normal childhood. It can be also possible that Alexander knew about Callista but respected her decision to stay away from him out of his love for her.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Please don't overexert yourself, Tess. I would rather wait some more than you being burnt out/ your real life and work being impacted too harshly. You are already one of the, if not the most honest dev and not charging for April is a testament to that.We all know that quality takes time and if we can wait for 5 months, I believe we can definitely wait a few weeks more.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
I assume the footage they have is callistas footage of their growing up. If they had the footage this whole time, it makes no sense for Elena to have never seen it. Also, there is no way that Alexander would let

I agree about Seth. His whole purpose is as a barter chip/ backup if necessary. If one of Kane/Olivia gets too jealous they'll likely have him killed, if not he'll be healed and sent on his way.
On the footage, my take is that Alexander arranged for Callista's family to be watched and controlled access to that information. Few, if any are likely to have seen it before he died and it seems to be controlled by the immediate family ever since. That's just a guess of course.

While I very much like the idea of Seth having a path to victory, his level of agency in the game would have to ramp up quite a bit for that to happen. His being a genetic backup for Kane and having a moral choice role for others seems more likely based on what we've seen so far. Assuming he is a genuine son of Callista, even if Kane or Olivia wanted to get rid of him, I'm not sure Veronica would allow that to happen. However, I'm very curious about the nature of his condition as if it's genetic, that could radically change his value to the gambit.

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020

Unlocked

This is super late for me, just into Sunday but some of you may be wide awake already!
Please read the following FIRST:
I am going to shut off billing for the month of April. So this means anyone pledged right now will not be billed next month as I am keeping my promise not to charge any of you. I will note why I feel this is the right thing to do. However, please also note that I am not 100% sure what happens if someone stops a pledge in March and then tries again next month. You may get charged if you count as a "new" Patron perhaps -- so I am kind of trying to give a heads up for people to not worry about next month being charged.

I made this decision because I have always felt there is a certain cadence/speed that I feel is about right for a release based on 1) my very busy life/work outside of the game 2) realistic workload/renders per month and 3) size of update factoring in a timeline.
So in a sense, I feel like roughly a 2000 render update should take about 5ish months based on my own sense of speed. 5 months is about March 24th from my original start, which is why I picked that date as a target in the first place as a hope as I predicted the update would end up about 2000. (which is going to be about right) I do not think it is realistic for me to go much faster than this rate without harming my real life/income, but I also feel I should not go a lot slower either. I also like not getting paid for April because it really "forces" me to feel the pressure, and I'm actually one of those women that respond well to this kind of reality. It's already harsh for me per hour to make the game in relation to other work even with income, but getting zero is an entirely different level of pain...and it does help believe it or not...I respond well in life and in general this way.
My very first update of 0.1 -- it was about 457 renders I think -- it took me about 3 months to finish it, and now I feel like that should take 6 weeks tops. So I feel like I have sped up a LOT from my first days doing this stuff. 0.2 took me about I think 2.5 to 3 months (April to July roughly from 0.1 to 0.2) and it was about 650 renders.
But here's why I think I can finish a rough draft of the game by the end of this month, but likely will push it back into April because I simply need more time to test/edit and basically get it polished. Also, what factors led me to this place, because I want to be 100% transparent about the game.
1) Losing my artist hurt more than I said publicly -- mostly because I took two months to find a replacement, and Anais is way more slammed than before for our clients, which I have to prioritize for that over the game. (for her in particular)
2) I have now learned the utility of time/effort to results with some animation attempts. I wanted to learn how to do it, and one scene in 0.6 actually has 13 animations in the scene, but in the end...I have largely now abandoned further work of this nature to focus on the story/renders to finish up. I am not convinced moving forward it's all that great, but I will let Patrons playing the game later provide some feedback (I hope!) on how it impacted things. I think this effort cost me about 1-2 weeks personally, but I still hope people enjoy what I have done. I will probably release the Test Version with all animations and ask for feedback -- I have static renders of all of the animations too if I want to switch them out. (I am planning even now only to use about 2/3rd of the animations I actually created given how I think they work with dialogue)
3 ) I have a little family drama occurring right now I did not expect -- it has mostly impacted my communication with my highest tiers more than anything, and they are being super awesome about it. I have had to sacrifice some time there. It has not heavily impacted my time to the game, but I do think it has impacted my speed a little.

It is extremely important to me that I maintain a sense of honor/integrity in how I communicate and charge for this game. I rarely talk about what parts of myself are in this game (they are truly in there with different characters) but in terms of my work personality towards the game development process, I am absolutely the character of Kiyomi (want to act with a sense of honor).

As I have always said, I am a Patron myself of other games and have seen both the great and horrible with how game devs have treated me as a paying customer. I like games too (when I have time haha!) and have experienced negative things too. Those memories/feelings drive me to try and do my best. I also refunded a new very high tier for March simply because I could not dedicate the time fairly to him for what we talked about doing, and I want to thank him (not calling him out by name but he knows) personally for being understanding, etc.

So here is where I am right NOW:
I have just hit 1499 renders as of this sentence.
I am now moving solely to the sub path. I do like to save it for last because I have found it easier with the context of what dom Kane knows/experiences. I also admit I enjoy thinking about these scenes, etc.
I have been VERY reluctant to share certain Olivia images (especially with Kane) but I will share a few of her upcoming images for 0.6 -- as seen above. Remember that for her character, there are clearly two shades of her right now -- one who helped Seth, and one who decided basically fuck him. (the literal flags are helpseth and fuckseth)
I am actually a little closer to finishing than I appear with renders because a lot of the assets/rooms are kind of all picked out. I am also taking off about 5 full days at the end of March to basically try and cram out 250+ renders that week.
Side warning: Please be careful with the K1 area in 0.6. Might be a dark path/scene in there that's not for everyone. (likely to have a warning, depending if I keep it or pull it back some) Not everyone will even see that room based on prior choices too.
I'm really, really tired so forgive the post if it's got a few errors/issues. But I am sincerely grateful that I get any support from even 1 person...it means people are having fun with the game. I don't take that lightly.
I will update next week with more specifics and percentages with where I am with everything. The script is good, the music is ugh...needs more...renders are getting pretty far along, I'd say that might be done by end of March or very close. I am hoping I can get a rough draft finished and then test, test, and test...add music last. (the more updates the harder it gets because there are more saves I need to test with prior choices...)
Ok, I've rambled long enough, have a great week!
I appreciate hard workers, I really do, but she needs to fucking chill or she's going to have a nervous breakdown at some point.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Please don't overexert yourself, Tess. I would rather wait some more than you being burnt out/ your real life and work being impacted too harshly. You are already one of the, if not the most honest dev and not charging for April is a testament to that.We all know that quality takes time and if we can wait for 5 months, I believe we can definitely wait a few weeks more.
Thank you for the kind words. I wouldn't worry -- keep in mind I'm doing this at an opportunity cost loss and I still want to do it right now. It's not really drudge work when it's something you enjoy, and I also realize a lot of people have to work hard at things they literally hate doing, so I feel like I have a very healthy perspective on life. I have gotten involved with a few food related ventures (food trucks, restaurants, that sort of thing) and I constantly see what real hard work is (at least in my opinion, so much harder than what I do in a comfy environment) to me. My income is also starting to shift as a percentage more and more from my own efforts (clients/game) to a higher percentage in passive ways. (investments)

Also, what I tend to write on Patreon late after a huge night of work is not always a true reflection on a macro level of my normal state of mind 90% of the time either. I will certainly say if I need the break as I'll be transparent even about that too. But I also get a lot of massages, beauty treatments and other little luxuries balancing this out all the time, and I understand some don't have that ability to offload like that too.

And I'm definitely going hard now as it's my plan to kind of quasi-retire by 35. (I have a set net worth goal for that age to just work for fun, about 40% there now and have a lot of time, so here's hoping!) But if I feel I need to step back and take a break from the game for whatever reason, the truth is that yes...I would do what it takes. But so far so good!

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Unlocked

This is super late for me, just into Sunday but some of you may be wide awake already!
Please read the following FIRST:
I am going to shut off billing for the month of April. So this means anyone pledged right now will not be billed next month as I am keeping my promise not to charge any of you. I will note why I feel this is the right thing to do. However, please also note that I am not 100% sure what happens if someone stops a pledge in March and then tries again next month. You may get charged if you count as a "new" Patron perhaps -- so I am kind of trying to give a heads up for people to not worry about next month being charged.

I made this decision because I have always felt there is a certain cadence/speed that I feel is about right for a release based on 1) my very busy life/work outside of the game 2) realistic workload/renders per month and 3) size of update factoring in a timeline.
So in a sense, I feel like roughly a 2000 render update should take about 5ish months based on my own sense of speed. 5 months is about March 24th from my original start, which is why I picked that date as a target in the first place as a hope as I predicted the update would end up about 2000. (which is going to be about right) I do not think it is realistic for me to go much faster than this rate without harming my real life/income, but I also feel I should not go a lot slower either. I also like not getting paid for April because it really "forces" me to feel the pressure, and I'm actually one of those women that respond well to this kind of reality. It's already harsh for me per hour to make the game in relation to other work even with income, but getting zero is an entirely different level of pain...and it does help believe it or not...I respond well in life and in general this way.
My very first update of 0.1 -- it was about 457 renders I think -- it took me about 3 months to finish it, and now I feel like that should take 6 weeks tops. So I feel like I have sped up a LOT from my first days doing this stuff. 0.2 took me about I think 2.5 to 3 months (April to July roughly from 0.1 to 0.2) and it was about 650 renders.
But here's why I think I can finish a rough draft of the game by the end of this month, but likely will push it back into April because I simply need more time to test/edit and basically get it polished. Also, what factors led me to this place, because I want to be 100% transparent about the game.
1) Losing my artist hurt more than I said publicly -- mostly because I took two months to find a replacement, and Anais is way more slammed than before for our clients, which I have to prioritize for that over the game. (for her in particular)
2) I have now learned the utility of time/effort to results with some animation attempts. I wanted to learn how to do it, and one scene in 0.6 actually has 13 animations in the scene, but in the end...I have largely now abandoned further work of this nature to focus on the story/renders to finish up. I am not convinced moving forward it's all that great, but I will let Patrons playing the game later provide some feedback (I hope!) on how it impacted things. I think this effort cost me about 1-2 weeks personally, but I still hope people enjoy what I have done. I will probably release the Test Version with all animations and ask for feedback -- I have static renders of all of the animations too if I want to switch them out. (I am planning even now only to use about 2/3rd of the animations I actually created given how I think they work with dialogue)
3 ) I have a little family drama occurring right now I did not expect -- it has mostly impacted my communication with my highest tiers more than anything, and they are being super awesome about it. I have had to sacrifice some time there. It has not heavily impacted my time to the game, but I do think it has impacted my speed a little.

It is extremely important to me that I maintain a sense of honor/integrity in how I communicate and charge for this game. I rarely talk about what parts of myself are in this game (they are truly in there with different characters) but in terms of my work personality towards the game development process, I am absolutely the character of Kiyomi (want to act with a sense of honor).

As I have always said, I am a Patron myself of other games and have seen both the great and horrible with how game devs have treated me as a paying customer. I like games too (when I have time haha!) and have experienced negative things too. Those memories/feelings drive me to try and do my best. I also refunded a new very high tier for March simply because I could not dedicate the time fairly to him for what we talked about doing, and I want to thank him (not calling him out by name but he knows) personally for being understanding, etc.

So here is where I am right NOW:
I have just hit 1499 renders as of this sentence.
I am now moving solely to the sub path. I do like to save it for last because I have found it easier with the context of what dom Kane knows/experiences. I also admit I enjoy thinking about these scenes, etc.
I have been VERY reluctant to share certain Olivia images (especially with Kane) but I will share a few of her upcoming images for 0.6 -- as seen above. Remember that for her character, there are clearly two shades of her right now -- one who helped Seth, and one who decided basically fuck him. (the literal flags are helpseth and fuckseth)
I am actually a little closer to finishing than I appear with renders because a lot of the assets/rooms are kind of all picked out. I am also taking off about 5 full days at the end of March to basically try and cram out 250+ renders that week.
Side warning: Please be careful with the K1 area in 0.6. Might be a dark path/scene in there that's not for everyone. (likely to have a warning, depending if I keep it or pull it back some) Not everyone will even see that room based on prior choices too.
I'm really, really tired so forgive the post if it's got a few errors/issues. But I am sincerely grateful that I get any support from even 1 person...it means people are having fun with the game. I don't take that lightly.
I will update next week with more specifics and percentages with where I am with everything. The script is good, the music is ugh...needs more...renders are getting pretty far along, I'd say that might be done by end of March or very close. I am hoping I can get a rough draft finished and then test, test, and test...add music last. (the more updates the harder it gets because there are more saves I need to test with prior choices...)
Ok, I've rambled long enough, have a great week!
Thank you so much for sharing that here DoverUK25

Fuck I'm excited. Thank you TessS. For this fun exciting vn

Reactions: DoverUK25

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Spoiler from 0.6 -- just showing example of animation efforts but this has been largely stopped and will evaluate the utility of it for 0.7 (maybe more help is possible too) It's a cut up from one scene so not all sequential, but maybe don't watch it if you don't want to be spoiled. (Note: It's on the dom path, and an optional scene you can choose or not, there is a warning for it because I think it's called Netori/cheating for some and it's not for all of course...) Not sure this whole tag thing either with that whole area at all...

Please don't look if you don't want a little spoiling...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Spoiler from 0.6 -- just showing example of animation efforts but this has been largely stopped and will evaluate the utility of it for 0.7 (maybe more help is possible too) It's a cut up from one scene so not all sequential, but maybe don't watch it if you don't want to be spoiled. (Note: It's on the dom path, and an optional scene you can choose or not, there is a warning for it because I think it's called Netori/cheating for some and it's not for all of course...) Not sure this whole tag thing either with that whole area at all...

Please don't look if you don't want a little spoiling...

I prefer the humiliating netori but still nice scene. This vn is just awesome

Reactions: DoverUK25

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
I will just add my 2 cents to the animation topic.
The animations are pretty decent for someone who's new to this and it's very commendable that you are always looking to incorporate new things in the game. But the animations feel a bit janky and too simplistic in my eyes. Especially the static camera when Celeste is sucking Kane's dick is slightly off-putting. If these were in the final version, I would likely just click through the animations quickly. Personally, I have always believed that animations unless well-done have a greater chance of detracting from the experience than they have of adding to it.
P.S. I am not saying to never include animations, because you only get better by practicing. But given your current very busy schedule, I think it's a good idea to wait till you can get someone who can take over the brunt of the animation work or till you are able to dedicate more time and effort to it.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I will just add my 2 cents to the animation topic.
The animations are pretty decent for someone who's new to this and it's very commendable that you are always looking to incorporate new things in the game. But the animations feel a bit janky and too simplistic in my eyes. Especially the static camera when Celeste is sucking Kane's dick is slightly off-putting. If these were in the final version, I would likely just click through the animations quickly. Personally, I have always believed that animations unless well-done have a greater chance of detracting from the experience than they have of adding to it.
P.S. I am not saying to never include animations, because you only get better by practicing. But given your current very busy schedule, I think it's a good idea to wait till you can get someone who can take over the brunt of the animation work or till you are able to dedicate more time and effort to it.
Appreciate the feedback, it's much more the other way around than some people may think for me. I am trying to stay interested in making the game by doing new things. Without constant improvement, I'll tend to look for new things to try. Appreciate the comment!

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Thank you for always being so receptive and appreciative of any feedback you get. Only those with confidence in their skills and work are usually so open to others' viewpoints. I think it's evident that I am a big fan of your work and would always want the best for it. But being sycophantic doesn't benefit anyone. So, thank you again for being so open to feedback.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Thank you for the kind words. I wouldn't worry -- keep in mind I'm doing this at an opportunity cost loss and I still want to do it right now. It's not really drudge work when it's something you enjoy, and I also realize a lot of people have to work hard at things they literally hate doing, so I feel like I have a very healthy perspective on life. I have gotten involved with a few food related ventures (food trucks, restaurants, that sort of thing) and I constantly see what real hard work is (at least in my opinion, so much harder than what I do in a comfy environment) to me. My income is also starting to shift as a percentage more and more from my own efforts (clients/game) to a higher percentage in passive ways. (investments)

Also, what I tend to write on Patreon late after a huge night of work is not always a true reflection on a macro level of my normal state of mind 90% of the time either. I will certainly say if I need the break as I'll be transparent even about that too. But I also get a lot of massages, beauty treatments and other little luxuries balancing this out all the time, and I understand some don't have that ability to offload like that too.

And I'm definitely going hard now as it's my plan to kind of quasi-retire by 35. (I have a set net worth goal for that age to just work for fun, about 40% there now and have a lot of time, so here's hoping!) But if I feel I need to step back and take a break from the game for whatever reason, the truth is that yes...I would do what it takes. But so far so good!
Yes please for your retirement by 35,so you will have plenty of time to make games for our enjoyment!

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Appreciate the feedback, it's much more the other way around than some people may think for me. I am trying to stay interested in making the game by doing new things. Without constant improvement, I'll tend to look for new things to try. Appreciate the comment!
First of all, I totally get the desire to keep learning new things and I recommend you never stop. However, at the risk of sounding very selfish. I've been completely sucked into the jet engine of your story like an unfortunate pigeon, so I really, really hope the high wire act of juggling all the pathways to reach your planned multitude of endings still keeps you interested. And let us never forget your ever-inspired and diabolically delicious femdom imagery. I really hope that never gets old for you either.

If you want the challenge of adding another string to your bow, what about learning to make your own assets? I know sometimes you can't find the assets you want, so once you've got a bit of practice you may find it useful.

Reactions: CSNRC

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
First of all, I totally get the desire to keep learning new things and I recommend you never stop. However, at the risk of sounding very selfish. I've been completely sucked into the jet engine of your story like an unfortunate pigeon, so I really, really hope the high wire act of juggling all the pathways to reach your planned multitude of endings still keeps you interested. And let us never forget your ever-inspired and diabolically delicious femdom imagery. I really hope that never gets old for you either.

If you want the challenge of adding another string to your bow, what about learning to make your own assets? I know sometimes you can't find the assets you want, so once you've got a bit of practice you may find it useful.
I may try that down the road. I enjoy trying all sorts of creative things of that nature when possible.

Unfortunately, I will likely have to take a break from this thread for a bit - I think I have just lost last night a two month lift to work with a new artist...so scrambling again. What a situation...bleah. Have a good week all.

TheWando

Dec 22, 2018
I may try that down the road. I enjoy trying all sorts of creative things of that nature when possible.

Unfortunately, I will likely have to take a break from this thread for a bit - I think I have just lost last night a two month lift to work with a new artist...so scrambling again. What a situation...bleah. Have a good week all.
I can only say bravo to your game. A game like nothing else and a thrill to play and wait for.

To respond to the latter: As these projects get bigger it is only normal to eventually feel lack of interest or passion because in your head you have already played this story a thousand times and adapted it a thousand more. Wanting to already have written and animated it in great detail while in reality it just takes soooooo... much longer (sometimes too long xD).
(For the readers out there: if you think this takes long, imagine it as 10 times worse for the creator)

Not only this but as said above, as the project grows bigger, so does your energy drainage increase.
Not only the growth of the paths/story but also expectations of Patreons, the many feedback you get, the many none-constructive feedback you get, the haters, the managing of the project, the marketing to increase popularity, issues/problems like with this animater as per example, ...
It can be quite a bit as it grows... Let alone your private life that requires your attention and not always expected or planned.

Best thing is not to think about this too much and take the occasional breaks to empty your mind and take steps back from it. Many won't like me saying this but hey... You are a one person army while big companies do projects like these with a team of 5+.

Just know that many people like me, who know basic or advanced project management, are here and really appriciate what you are doing. Making a game which isn't in the most popular genre for a community that really needs it.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
How to get this scene? thx
  1. Become K3 in Episode 4
    1. Rank K4 at the end of the initial prison evaluation
    2. Accept Scarlett's protection (and only hers) on the plane
    3. Don't have more than 14 evil points
  2. Royally screw up on the Sub route of 0.5, amassing at least 13 opts (always ask stupid questions, royally screw up the Alessandra scene and be whiny and mouthy whenever you can)
  3. Don't cooperate and refuse to help Olivia

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Me and my girlfriend, mates were talking about which Karlson's sister would be the easiest to wipe off the board so to speak. We all agreed it would be Dominique Who do u guys think would be easiest to take out the gambit.

Choooogatta

Sep 8, 2021
Fun question!

I think if you start from an assumption all four sisters were targeted by a contract hit Alessandra would be the most likely to die despite her viper training on account of her social butterfly status and lack of paranoia or access to strong security systems or muscle.

Conversely, if we think about who's most likely to get offed including the odds of being targeted at all I put my money on Juliett. She invites antagonism and hasn't made herself invaluable comparatively.

I view Veronica as the safest overall. Dominique sort of average in all departments and Alessandra and Juliett with unique weaknesses. On balance single answer easiest to take out I say Juliett.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes