DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Hi everyone!

I am writing a bit of a longer post because I did some extensive testing this week and want to try and put together some thoughts on everything.

First of all, I hope everyone is a having wonderful holiday season in whatever manner/form you do where you live, etc. I have family visiting very soon but it's expensive to travel here, so it won't be too many people. But always value the important people in your life and let them know when you can :)

Ok first of all, I want to report my formal render count. I am now at 2,415 renders and despite testing, I still did about 130 renders or so from last week's update. This current count is about where I hoped to be right about this time.

But, I feel like I kind of lost a month overall with everything that happened during this episode cycle, but I'm now working really hard with a bit more free time! I think without the SSD crash, I would have made my original goal as losing that window of time of 10 days of work -- then taking extra time on top of that to make up that ten days I lost...made an impact.

I also have a new computer ready to get, but I am trying to avoid buying it until this update is out because I don't want to mess with anything tech/new with transferring or doing anything out of the norm until the update is out. For Episode 8, Part II, I will start using a new computer with an RTX 4090 instead of a 3090. It's much better because of a bit of speed but the cooling factor is even better because I am also tweaking a room to be overall cooler with the ambient temperate on top of massive cooling power in the computer itself. In terms of speed, the difference between a 4090 and 3090 is likely going to be between 40-50% faster for each render. It greatly depends on the assets and scene, but this is a good general rule. Plus, the loading of individual scenes (this is an underrated time sink if say you take 1 min versus say 20 seconds to load something when you do it hundreds of times, etc.) can help too. With my limited time, any change is HUGE for me. I am often squeezing in 90 minutes here and there some days when really busy...so this is big to me later.

Having said all this, I always want to be very honest. I believe I will finish all content (renders/writing) by the end of the month, but I believe I will release Episode 8, Part I during January. I say this mostly because it's also a new type of game file in that it's a "new" small download separate from Episodes 1-7, and I expect a little bit of growing pains here. Editing always takes a bit longer than I expect too because I catch a little of little stuff during this process.

I also personally feel after testing that the sub path needs a little more content. It's just a feel thing, but I have always trusted my guts and want to throw in a few more kink scenes to balance the content out. I probably did 2-3 too many dom scenes for pure balance, but I don't regret doing what I have already done because it played about right to me. I am comfortable with the dom path now and will not be doing much on it except editing and tweaks when the time comes.

I am moving everything to the sub path now, and will be testing/writing/rendering only on that path for at least the next 10 days hard.

I also want to kind of outline what I feel with be in the Test Version versus what I may not include if I am out of time (I will release this by the end of January almost no matter what unless massive tech issues) and don't want to delay a release. Here is what may NOT be in the Test Version, but for sure the Final Release. These are the scenes I hope to include with enough time, but am ok with not throwing them in the Test Release if necessary to get everything else out:

1) Two specific short Easter Egg scenes that are optional and immersion breaking -- it will be me the Dev and maybe a friend or two instead of the character in game. Just a little hello :) One for dom and one for sub paths. If you see the option, it will be obvious and warned that it's optional at the end of the update. (basically right before the end save screen or so) Most will NOT see it through their choices but maybe I'm wrong. (Meaning you need very specific flags from the game to see them on each side)

2) A specific optional K1 scene that I hope to get in last, but it is the lowest priority for time just in case I am struggling with tech issues and editing. It's lower priority because...well, one can guess it might be a "dead end" ending that doesn't need to branch to anything else. I think it's likely it gets in on time, but just stating in case. I want to kind of really enjoy it too, so it's like a reward for me personally for wrapping up a lot of other stuff. Keep in mind K1 is not formally a "game show" thing for THIS update. A more formal K1 result (remember is he a PROVISIONAL K1 right now) will require as I wrote in game before the following:

A) A hearing before five Karlsson sisters (Olivia, Juliette, Veronica, Alessandra, and Dominique)

B) A vote of THREE of five to vote yes to slot Kane to rank K1. Obviously, some prior decisions may be relevant. A K Pass CANNOT help Kane in this specific situation.

C) If that occurs, THEN this is a more formal K1 result. This rank cannot happen until after the game show ends so any K1 stuff before this point is not formally a K1 situation but something a little different. So hope this context helps, and err save here too when the time comes. You might want an alternative game save :) So any pro K1 saves before end of game show might not be super formal and there is likely to be more than one before end of the show too. It won't be this short below but this just made me laugh...my father is always putting some old movies on me.

3) Two short scenes that are not kink related, but story based only. I would like to try and get them in, but I can also shift them to Part II if needed.

4) Last, I was going to do a very small preview of two future projects (just a few images) as I am always thinking long-term about the future, but this is super low priority. I won't talk too much about these until I am hitting the last two episodes of Karlsson's Gambit. (I believe you should be prepping a bit for the future as you are winding down a current game.) One game will be pure femdom, and the other my original game idea I wanted to try way backk at the start. (will have more people helping on both for these...will be very prepared and formal with a team) But this won't be for a while, I have a lot more content for KG! And as I have said on this issue before, two KG characters will move on for sure, and beyond that, I am not sure yet. It depends how popular they are and sentiment, etc. So I'll be paying close attention to that too in my own way.

I will be a bit more precise next week exactly what I am editing and formally trying to do a kind of percentage system:

An example:

Dom path 99%

Sub Path 70%

Editing

Music, etc.

Hope this helps!

Ok, I've got my trusty assistant Anais now texting me NINE times so I better answer! Thank you everyone for the support!

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I swear to god if tess blueballs me with that olivia kane scene.... ( I will just angrily bitch in this thread and nothing else but let's pretend like the three dots are scarier).
I'm betting on a handjob on Olivia's part, but I'm secretly hoping for a sensual and beautiful blowjob (and a deepthroat! fuck yeah! Shut up, Stan, shut up!). :giggle:

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Well, let's hope for the best,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, i feel like this is what will happen, Tess will probably save the big sexual stuff with her on both the dom and sub path for the end of episode 8, so part 2 of episode 8 or part 3 if there is a part three, because it is such a big moment, so I don't think she drops it randomly in part 1 in episode 8.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well, let's hope for the best,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, i feel like this is what will happen, Tess will probably save the big sexual stuff with her on both the dom and sub path for the end of episode 8, so part 2 of episode 8 or part 3 if there is a part three, because it is such a big moment, so I don't think she drops it randomly in part 1 in episode 8.
Yeah, I'd imagine that's the case. Tess knew what she was doing posting that preview pic. Hopefully dom kane can at least get the reveal ( don't know if sub kane has had the reveal or not yet).
To be fair and may just be me, but given the amount of 'pleasure' available and on offer from various guises...I'd be quite happy to wait longer for Olivia, especially if specifically going for her and answered her question 'with her' in the ruins etc....given the relationship already, I dunno, would just feel more special to me.

Until we can get her, given the nature of the organisation (which she is well aware of), not like we'll be left wanting in any way until it happens heh.

Reactions: Stan5851

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
To be fair and may just be me, but given the amount of 'pleasure' available and on offer from various guises...I'd be quite happy to wait longer for Olivia, especially if specifically going for her and answered her question 'with her' in the ruins etc....given the relationship already, I dunno, would just feel more special to me.

Until we can get her, given the nature of the organisation (which she is well aware of), not like we'll be left wanting in any way until it happens heh.
On one hand, I agree, because if even complete stranger Junko got a great romantic scene, then Olivia, Kane's dearest person, definitely deserved romance and the lingering anticipation of intimacy. But on the other hand, we have a reality where there's at least six months between updates.

And from that perspective, our entire relationship with Olivia is stretched out over a very long period of time. It's like we're in reality courting a girl with far-reaching plans for her, hehe. All in all, I'm experiencing ambivalent feelings in which understanding struggles with impatience.

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
On one hand, I agree, because if even complete stranger Junko got a great romantic scene, then Olivia, Kane's dearest person, definitely deserved romance and the lingering anticipation of intimacy. But on the other hand, we have a reality where there's at least six months between updates.

And from that perspective, our entire relationship with Olivia is stretched out over a very long period of time. It's like we're in reality courting a girl with far-reaching plans for her, hehe. All in all, I'm experiencing ambivalent feelings in which understanding struggles with impatience.
Yea the shorter updates won't help. Now since she seems to be rolling out one sister to have relations with per chapter, juliette and her orgy appears to be the next big scene. However Olivia trying to get frisky with little payoff is starting to...

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
I'm betting on a handjob on Olivia's part, but I'm secretly hoping for a sensual and beautiful blowjob (and a deepthroat! fuck yeah! Shut up, Stan, shut up!). :giggle:
I´m with you, i hope a blowjob too (and further :devilish:) but Tess is going very slow with Kane and Olivia relationship so is improbable have something more than a handjob, anyway i´m happy with a handjob, at least is something :LOL:

Yes, that makes sense and it would be a very big moment for the game and the story.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
So, has anybody's Karlsson sister preference changed since they first started playing?

At first, I was a Juliette fanboy because she was so evil. However, I realized she was too much of a psycho to be Kane's endgame girl. Then, I wanted Dom due to her moral flexibility. Then Alessandra caught my eye with her shiftiness. Now I'm into Olivia since she's hitting on Kane.
Yeah, I know, Veronica is most people's favorite. I'm just not into the good alignment, which is the only possible way to get with her at the moment.

Reactions: Don Sucio

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
So, has anybody's Karlsson sister preference changed since they first started playing?

At first, I was a Juliette fanboy because she was so evil. However, I realized she was too much of a psycho to be Kane's endgame girl. Then, I wanted Dom due to her moral flexibility. Then Alessandra caught my eye with her shiftiness. Now I'm into Olivia since she's hitting on Kane.
Yeah, I know, Veronica is most people's favorite. I'm just not into the good alignment, which is the only possible way to get with her at the moment.
Veronica is not good per se tho. She is Lawful Neutral if we consider alignments. Juliette is too far gone indeed.

Reactions: MilesEdgeworth

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

V is most people's favourite? Hmmm....

But to answer your question no. Olivia has always been number one...by a huge country mile, from day 1. Dominique has become a close second throughout the course of the game, I personally feel her character is a lot deeper than it first seems...she is actually quite demure and rather insecure about herself at times which you don't see from the others, even Veronica. (however, we may yet see more to the others...just talking so far).

I actually have other favourites on the side-list characters more than the other sisters. Looks wise sure, Alessandra is pretty damn hot...but her personality doesn't do it for me. Again, all will have saves originally (still doing my extra's currently) but for Olivia to displaces at the top...it would take some major character arc change for me.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

Yes! I had Juliette as a preference too, but like you, with the past of the time i´m starting to disenchanting of her, i still liking her but less.
Now i´m going full with Olivia, she is my principal LI.
I have started to like Dominique too in the new game i began some weeks ago, so maybe she is my second.

About Veronica is true many people love her but i don´t see anything special in her :unsure: , besides her intelligence and power of course.

Reactions: MilesEdgeworth
Mar 11, 2023

Olivia is the hottest for sure, but since she is a somewhat unreliable narrator (compared to Kane) I can't fully commit to her. I would never be able to shake off the sense of mistrust with her. All the other sisters are known quantities, you can read them fairly well at this point: Juliette is demoness from hell (that's what makes her alluring), Dominique is conflicted (or not, depending on how you play her), Veronica is knowledgeable and reserved, and Alessandra is clever and scheming. I know what to expect from those 4, but not from Olivia.
Personally I would go for Alessandra on my pure Dom playthrough, but I think I read here that she's unavailiable as a romance option. That's a shame. My 2nd choice would be Juliette, then Dominique, and last - Veronica.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes