drdiver3

Apr 11, 2023
I don't do the whole White Knight thing, but dude, chill out. You're just being rude and nasty with no good reason. Given how you rated the game 1/5 and wrote a frankly absurd review, you sure spend a lot of time in the thread. Almost as if you're one of the people who tend to send dickpicks to developers.
He clearly has far too much time on his hands and derives some bizarre satisfaction from trolling the thread and attacking Tess.

There's a number of critiques that can be made of Tess. She:
- hasn't delivered a dom or sub render set on her Patreon for about half a year despite a substantial number of people paying for that tier;
- didn't effectively plan for worst case scenarios derailing her progress;
- has allowed (minor) reported errors with the game or script to slip through the cracks and never get resolved suggesting a weak process for bugtracking and resolution;
- has had difficulty setting firm deadlines/metrics and abiding by them;
- has had a longstanding lack of progress on hiring individuals who can substantively speed up her workflow and help her in time consuming tasks (to be fair not fully within her control if such individuals don't exist or aren't reliable it is a reasonable decision to hold off hiring);
- has failed to set firm boundaries with people constantly messaging her about when she will be done and slowing down her time to spend on the game by responding to these over and over (she is improving on this).

Clearly Tess isn't a perfect developer, but no such developer exists, because they are all humans with individual strengths and weaknesses. But instead of raising legitimate critiques like these for discussion, he insists on derailing every conversation on here to make it about his own negativity and conspiracy theories about Tess' character (or those of other posters). It really suggests someone who doesn't meaningfully follow the game's development and just shows up to attack a female developer or a developer of tags he doesn't like.

To anyone with common sense, it should be clear Tess' character is not a reasonable target of attack. She's consistently acted ethically in terms of turning off billing when she doesn't meet her own standards of completion, anyone with half a brain can calculate how fast she is rendering and how it aligns with her self reporting of working basically two full workdays many days to make progress on the game, and she has consistently navigated the harassment of people who are targeting her out of jealousy, dislike of the game's content, or misogyny with class and care.

Tess, in the event you're reading this, you are delivering an excellent game, and these critiques are not meant to discourage you, but simply to point out areas of improvement. You are a much better communicator and render and write at a far faster rate than many full time devs and you deserve a lot of credit for that, as well as the quality you are consistently achieving in all aspects of your game.

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
3 people can survive… everyone can live or die depending on what you do… my question is..

for sub and or dom players, who do you want to save and who are you letting die? (I know there’s factions that you’ll be able to join) just think about who you can save!

I’ll go save- Veronica, Delilah, Olivia (Good and Evil), Elena, the Decocks Familia, Seth, Zach, Jake from State Farm, Kiyomi, Junko, Dominique (good), Raven, Celeste, Claudia, Chanel, Phoebe and Katsumi

probably won’t be able to save all of them cuz there all in different factions but just for fun hahahaha
As a dom router, I'd save alessandra, Olivia, Patricia, Nadia decock, Cynthia decock, Celeste, pod w2 (even chloe) and raven and my trainer.

Everybody else can go die for my pleasure or stay out of me way.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
didn't effectively plan for worst case scenarios derailing her progress
While this is fair, it is also the first time it has happened to Tess. A second time would be very worrying. A first time I can forgive.

has had difficulty setting firm deadlines/metrics and abiding by them
Somewhat true and both not true in my opinion. Feel free to disagree but Tess doesn't usually set hard deadlines until she's very close and then they are usually met.

hasn't delivered a dom or sub render set on her Patreon for about half a year despite a substantial number of people paying for that tier
Kinda care about this but also kind of don't. I do pay on an upper Tier but am finding myself less and less interested in these little sets. What I wouldn't mind seeing for higher tier members is some clothing and posing options for the main female characters. Options like Olivia has half her hair black while being in a super-hot outfit, something like that. Might take less time, be more doable. Wouldn't be for in-game of course, but more like little extras Patreons get.

has allowed (minor) reported errors with the game or script to slip through the cracks and never get resolved suggesting a weak process for bugtracking and resolution.
This could end up being a major problem. I hope that by cleaning paths up it won't.

has had a longstanding lack of progress on hiring individuals who can substantively speed up her workflow and help her in time consuming tasks (to be fair not fully within her control if such individuals don't exist or aren't reliable it is a reasonable decision to hold off hiring)
I'm not sure if hiring people to work on a project like this is as easy as you think. TBF, you did say that was not fully in her control yet she shouldn't have to pay, say, 1.5 market value just to get someone to work on her game to please either me or you. I'd love a dedicated team but it is just not realistic.

Reactions: drdiver3

drdiver3

Apr 11, 2023
While this is fair, it is also the first time it has happened to Tess. A second time would be very worrying. A first time I can forgive.

Somewhat true and both not true in my opinion. Feel free to disagree but Tess doesn't usually set hard deadlines until she's very close and then they are usually met.

Kinda care about this but also kind of don't. I do pay on an upper Tier but am finding myself less and less interested in these little sets. What I wouldn't mind seeing for higher tier members is some clothing and posing options for the main female characters. Options like Olivia has half her hair black while being in a super-hot outfit, something like that. Might take less time, be more doable. Wouldn't be for in-game of course, but more like little extras Patreons get.

This could end up being a major problem. I hope that by cleaning paths up it won't.

I'm not sure if hiring people to work on a project like this is as easy as you think. TBF, you did say that was not fully in her control yet she shouldn't have to pay, say, 1.5 market value just to get someone to work on her game to please either me or you. I'd love a dedicated team but it is just not realistic.

1. When you're making about $70,000 a year, I don't think it is unreasonable to make some plans to avoid the loss of all your work. I back things up that are important and I make far less than she does on this project. That being said, yes, mistakes happen and she has taken steps to fix it. And I agree, she communicated well about this after it happened, was transparent, and took steps to ensure it won't happen again.

2. Tess did set a deadline when she committed to a shorter development cycle for this update. She gave a rough estimate of 4 months and a general render target of ~1,500. Sure, she didn't say "the game will be out September 15th", but she did effectively lead people to believe there would be a release at some point in the fall. I think it is absolutely fair game to criticize her now being at about 8 months of development time (by realistic final release in February) of an update she gave a reasonable target of 4 months for. Now, she has lost a week's work and more than that in knock on effects, but even if you allow her a month of extra work for that it is nowhere close. I think she can also fairly be credited for delivering far more renders than promised (more than double based on her last update), which is great. But this is totally botched communication for saying you will deliver in 4 months and then being unable to stop yourself from continuing to add content for another 4 months. Look, I'm glad we get more content, Tess' content is consistently great and more of it is a plus. But the reality is if she had stuck close to her original plan, we could have had a short update in the fall and another short update in a month or so. We'd have the same content delivered, it would have just been delivered on the schedule that was given. Ultimately I don't care what development cycle Tess adopts if it results in us getting the same content, she should do what is best for her. But once she comes up with a plan and communicates it, it would benefit her to stick closer to that. I find the people constantly harassing her about release to be really annoying people with no self-control detracting from her work on the update and operating contrary to their own interests in a quicker release, but their thought process is at least discernible given they were expecting this in September.

3. I also don't care too much about the sets and think it is a bit of a poorly thought out reward given it basically requires her to render over 100 renders between the three on a semi-consistent basis, which hugely eats into her time to work on what everyone supporting her actually wants. But in my mind this is the biggest concern. You have people paying her $10 USD a month (considerably more in some other currencies) for her to deliver something she is simply not delivering. I stopped supporting her in the late fall for this reason, in addition to a change of financial circumstances. She has promised to provide this in exchange for support at this level, and over half a year with no content delivered when people have paid her about $60 for this benefit in that time is not good. You can get a lot with $60, I get you are mostly supporting her work on the game as a patron, but when she says she'll deliver some token benefit as well, she really should once in a while. This is the only area in which I think Tess has fallen short of the ethical standards she sets herself; she has a contractual obligation here she is not meeting.

I don't think she should nor do I want her delivering this more than once every 3 months or so, but she's way beyond that. I would also be willing to support her again if she scaled down the obligations on herself and delivered a couple of renders of characters in sexy poses (appropriate for the dom or sub subscriptions) every month or so. I think that would be fair and create a more manageable workload. But the issue is she hasn't delivered anything, not even a single render, for over half a year. I understand she has set this aside to catch up on being behind with the update, but in my opinion she should have paused billing on those tiers at the very least once she got to half a year of delivering none of the promised rewards for them. There isn't even any update about these or indication they are on her mind later than September when Anais was apparently working on them, last I can recall. If Anais is working on them and can't deliver 2 sets of 40 renders in a 4 month period, I'm not sure how she's going to be able to manage her own game.

4. I'm confident in Tess' work ethic and professionalism that any major bugs that arise will be quickly fixed. She has a track record of delivering on that. But minor issues lingering because they were poorly tracked or they were delegated and the person supposed to fix it didn't is not good nonetheless. I think this is a good area for improvement before going for a Steam release as Tess hopes to.

5. I don't think it is easy, but I also believe I could likely find someone to help in some area of the game and reduce my workload if I was working with Tess' budget and I'd been trying to find someone for years now as she has. But, I will freely concede this is the most speculative of my criticisms, and Tess may have exercised excellent judgment in holding off hiring if the right person wasn't there.

Again, not trying to bash Tess. I think she has created the best AVN out there which is really awesome work from a first time dev with no background in any related field prior to starting. Her work ethic is awesome. In most instances her communication and transparency is as well. I'm just identifying what in my mind are some legitimate areas of improvement as examples of constructive criticism vs. just being a toxic person and taking shots at a dev for no reason as some others here have been doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharpshooter890

drdiver3

Apr 11, 2023
Hey Tess i think it had been lot more than a couple of days, and I know you have something going on with some guy regarding leaks but can we all get the link now
The link to the update that isn't complete? I assume this is an attempt at a joke?

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Dover, I'll close this out for good as I am letting it go.

I felt you deceived me very badly in private messages between us before you leaked. I confided in you some info and I felt like I asked for you to wait a few days for me to fix some errors (just two days if I remember) before a leak and you made me feel like you would do that for me. But then you didn't and leaked it which I felt was different than just a normal leak given the impression I seemed to have of everything and how I took the time to talk to you personally. Maybe I was too trusting or misread it, but that was my feeling at the time. Then I seemingly got confirmation bias next time when you leaked the actual Patreon links which caused paying Patrons to have extreme trouble downloading links right when they were excited to play the game, which is really rough for people that waited patiently and paid, etc. The unfortunate after effect of that is that I started to ignore other private messages to me here that may have been benign, etc.

But it was a long time ago, and life is really awesome for me right now both personally and professionally, and I shouldn't let this linger or have any negative feelings. So no worries anymore. In the grand scheme of things, you seem like an ok guy especially compared to a few real harassers that are just sad people heh. (people have no idea how pathetic this is...I have even shown some of this to a circle of friends and they are both shocked but amused all at once) I'm even glad you like the evil dom path as it reminds me of my man who definitely enjoys that path too, hehe. I have been saying personally a nice thing has happened with this so I'll leave it at that for now!

I will in fact (not in Test but Final) have two Easter Egg scenes from me, and they should be fun!

I hope players enjoy the update!

I would still ask that any leakers not leak my actual Patron links but make new ones with Mega or whatever.

Above all everyone, please just enjoy anything you do! Waking up happy to be alive is the best metric of life to me, so find out what it is that makes you glow with joy, and just shoot for it! :)

Serious love,

Tess
The drama is off then guys, we know now what happened between Tess and Dover and is a personal problem between them , i thought would be something more serious for the game in general, that´s why i was interested in knew more about the problem. Now is solved (y)

3 people can survive… everyone can live or die depending on what you do… my question is..

for sub and or dom players, who do you want to save and who are you letting die? (I know there’s factions that you’ll be able to join) just think about who you can save!

I’ll go save- Veronica, Delilah, Olivia (Good and Evil), Elena, the Decocks Familia, Seth, Zach, Jake from State Farm, Kiyomi, Junko, Dominique (good), Raven, Celeste, Claudia, Chanel, Phoebe and Katsumi

probably won’t be able to save all of them cuz there all in different factions but just for fun hahahaha
For my Sub path i probably do a path being a slave for Olivia or Dominique and other path making the revolution and killing all of them.

In my Dom path i want be the king with Olivia as my partner in crime but below to me, and try to save the sisters and stuff members who help me to arrive to the throne, i would like to save Dominique,Alessandra and Veronica and treat them like slaves (or if my kind side appear have them by my side running the business) and of course save Delilah, Patricia, Pam, and probably some other girls whose names i can´t remember right now :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Silver_Crow117
Mar 11, 2023
So I had a revelation tonight about what kind of endings we can expect. At least one of them gotta be Kane and whoever he picked in the beginning of Ep.7 + Astrid fly away in a spaceship to colonize some other planet, because Earth's ecosystem has failed completely and cannot be revived. They have a big DNA databank with them to repopulate said world. There's your setting for future games.

Boom, I rest my case!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So I had a revelation tonight about what kind of endings we can expect. At least one of them gotta be Kane and whoever he picked in the beginning of Ep.7 + Astrid fly away in a spaceship to colonize some other planet, because Earth's ecosystem has failed completely and cannot be revived. They have a big DNA databank with them to repopulate said world. There's your setting for future games.

Boom, I rest my case!
Kane, I want to ask you a question. If you could only save one person...who would you pick? :sneaky:

Load of waffle
I really can't be assed quoting and replying to every point you made so:

Who are you exactly?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Mistress TessToday at 8:19 AM

I don't want to post on Patreon too much for little updates, but I thought I would do minor updates here as it's a busy week. I am trying VERY hard to finish a Test Version by the 30th so that is my focus right now. I have just completed what I call an initial pass of every render I have done for the first check. I ended up changing about 121 renders, and I have a list of about 29 more renders I wouldn't mind tweaking but they are very minor issues (one minor example is a tiny part of a heel clipping the ground far away) and I don't have dufs for them only raw images (original Daz files) so I will get to these if time permits as setting up any of these for one renders (a few have more than one image but many are just 1-2 images per scene) is an easy 2-3 hours extra. I'd probably realistically take about 20-30 hours just for these 29 given the duf problem so...holding off for now. I will speak at the end about what I sacrificed in terms of priority (this above might be an example, another might be animations) and what is to come for Final.

Next up for me is setting saves in sets of 8 slots to test renders with dialogue. This is a process where I check flags/branching/dialogue and kind of a natural second look at renders too although I rarely change them here except for narrative/tone purposes versus errors. I have in the past only changed about 2 to 3 per 100 renders at this stage. That's it for now. Need to rest when I can...

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
The drama is off then guys, we know now what happened between Tess and Dover and is a personal problem between them , i thought would be something more serious for the game in general, that´s why i was interested in knew more about the problem. Now is solved (y)

For my Sub path i probably do a path being a slave for Olivia or Dominique and other path making the revolution and killing all of them.

In my Dom path i want be the king with Olivia as my partner in crime but below to me, and try to save the sisters and stuff members who help me to arrive to the throne, i would like to save Dominique,Alessandra and Veronica and treat them like slaves (or if my kind side appear have them by my side running the business) and of course save Delilah, Patricia, Pam, and probably some other girls whose names i can´t remember right now :LOL:
Sub revolutionary route involves siding with Delilah and instigating a fight between the Decocks and Karlssons :KEK:

Reactions: Don Sucio

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Another thing I realized in my last playthrough, I'm slow I know.

The Kane picture and the talk of cole being rescued at the end of pt 6 almost def came from the decocks, likely Nadia. Indication seems to be that Cole is a prisoner of sorts wherever he is.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

The Kane picture and the talk of cole being rescued at the end of pt 6 almost def came from the decocks, likely Nadia. Indication seems to be that Cole is a prisoner of sorts wherever he is.
Yup I think so. We know she some master hacker. Probably also involved in the bracelet we were given too I think. Definitely a lot more to her than we currently know including her motivations.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Yup I think so. We know she some master hacker. Probably also involved in the bracelet we were given too I think. Definitely a lot more to her than we currently know including her motivations.
Yea def think that's her bracelet and she's all about dekock pride. Gonna be real interesting seeing her interaction with Kane this update
The dekock children are mostly killing it. Nadia's hacking, delilah's a snake, kanes a possible owner of the Karlsson business, wth is stef doing. That boy needs to catch up to everybody else.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yea def think that's her bracelet and she's all about dekock pride. Gonna be real interesting seeing her interaction with Kane this update
The dekock children are mostly killing it. Nadia's hacking, delilah's a snake, kanes a possible owner of the Karlsson business, wth is stef doing. That boy needs to catch up to everybody else.
He just there...ambling about in the background being aimless and looking a bit dim hehe.

• Haha
Reactions: MilesEdgeworth

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021

When Dominique and Cole were talking, Dominique mentioned that Alexander sentenced him… Alexander also promised not to hurt Kane or do anything to him (which he broke) and when Cole found out at the end of episode 6 about Kane, he was angry… when talking to Dominique, he hinted that he found out about Kanes situation (dom and or sub)… that’s why his “progress” With the project was “late” and I can see him doing something to help Kane (no matter what version)…

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
Couldn't Cole potentially be in the black zone of the map with all the storms that's not currently inhabitable? His project might have to do with trying to make that zone of the map more habitable since limited land seems to be a recurring theme.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes