Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Latest progress update for SanchoMod can be found here if desired.

To summarize, I'm done with all the Dom pathing forks (including SanchoGallery population and all other mod features) and now have to grit my teeth and bare through the Sub arcs. It will take more than a few whiskeys for me to tolerate but reckon it must be done.
I've added more features for Ep8 as I progress through the final runs of Sub forks (Dom is complete). One of the dynamic information groups I've added are the Pods. In Season 1 I gave you info for Pod W2 via the Dom route (but now contains a new column for "Desire" which is a new attribute), but now we must track Pod 4 for the Sub route. This will automatically be detected by the mod and the info switched according to your data import or Ep8 save file load and (like always) data changes will be reflected in realtime. Here's a visual to make it clear:

Dom (K9 in this case):
1706977596798.png

Sub (K4 in this case):
1706977645119.png

The mod will attempt to inform the Player that this information is available via the first Choice menu block (for those that read SanchoNotes). Example:
1706978083585.png

There's tons of features in the mod but thought I'd spotlight this one in particular since it might be easily missed by some folks not knowing the information is there and will change dynamically depending on previous choices, etc.

Pod W2 tracks each alt-character's MC Favor and Desire. Pod 4 tracks each character's Strength and Dexterity. Of course there's pages of other stats for you to reference if/when desired as well.

Regards.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I've added more features for Ep8 as I progress through the final runs of Sub forks (Dom is complete). One of the dynamic information groups I've added are the Pods. In Season 1 I gave you info for Pod W2 via the Dom route (but now contains a new column for "Desire" which is a new attribute), but now we must track Pod 4 for the Sub route. This will automatically be detected by the mod and the info switched according to your data import or Ep8 save file load and (like always) data changes will be reflected in realtime. Here's a visual to make it clear:

Dom (K9 in this case):
View attachment 3322734

Sub (K4 in this case):
View attachment 3322735

The mod will attempt to inform the Player that this information is available via the first Choice menu block (for those that read SanchoNotes). Example:
View attachment 3322764

There's tons of features in the mod but thought I'd spotlight this one in particular since it might be easily missed by some folks not knowing the information is there and will change dynamically depending on previous choices, etc.

Pod W2 tracks each alt-character's MC Favor and Desire. Pod 4 tracks each character's Strength and Dexterity. Of course there's pages of other stats for you to reference if/when desired as well.

Regards.
Awesome stuff Sancho...and thank you for your time spent on this. I rarely play with mods but KG is one that I always will so I hope you never let this one go (I understand why mod makers do drop VN's though). The work you put into this one is second to none and highly valuable.

Thank you. Hope you having a great weekend.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Karlsson's Gambit [v0.7b Final - Season 1] [Grym Gudinna Games]

NOTE: This was posted in another thread, but moved it to here, there was a reason why it wasn't posted here at the time.

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Links refreshed as well as of 02/03/2024 :coffee:

Karlsson's Gambit [v0.8 Test Part I] [Grym Gudinna Games]

NOTE: Since there is no MAC, and here is a lot smaller compressed version.

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some folks dwell in the land of unicorns and rainbows bud. :ROFLMAO:

Let's get some of those folks back into reality: I can assure you that if it's taking me three days solid to update SanchoMod for Season 2 there's no chance in hell that "Final" will drop this weekend (unless Tess simply doesn't fix anything such as the massive amount of fucked-up music transitions during scene transitions, etc.). This "Test" build is far from being the completed product if Tess's past efforts are any indication of what she pushes out. I'd guess 2 weeks at best (if she works 16+ hrs/day) and up to 6 weeks or so (considering the new image/animation rendering time required). There's still a lot that needs to be done to call Ep8 "fully baked" and ready to take out of the oven.

My 2 pesos, for whatever it's worth.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Not really a logic bug per se since that Astrid/Veronica scene convo has no logic in it at all.

It would require some logic code to be actually added to rephrase this bit if Bro(Seth) didn't interact with Justine/Kim:
Python:
    ast "Thanks sis! I'd like to tell you about [pname4]. I tested him with Justine and Kim."
    ast "His testosterone is at fifty percent, and his semen count is even nearing thirty five percent. It's incredible."
I'm simply posting this for clarification regarding the issue. The dialogue requires logic so that the previous choice is considered... but you'll find things like this throughout Season 1 and Season 2 tbh. This is far from a 100% tight dialogue script in it's current state.
Ideally the Seth/Justine/Kim scene would set a specific story variable to hang a dialogue variant off of, rather than (as now) just incrementing broastridtrust by one. Although since I believe that variable is first used here, it could just check for broastridtrust = 0 during the Astrid-Veronica scene. Still better to set specific markers for specific decision points though.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Some folks dwell in the land of unicorns and rainbows bud. :ROFLMAO:

Let's get some of those folks back into reality: I can assure you that if it's taking me three days solid to update SanchoMod for Season 2 there's no chance in hell that "Final" will drop this weekend (unless Tess simply doesn't fix anything such as the massive amount of fucked-up music transitions during scene transitions, etc.). This "Test" build is far from being the completed product if Tess's past efforts are any indication of what she pushes out. I'd guess 2 weeks at best (if she works 16+ hrs/day) and up to 6 weeks or so (considering the new image/animation rendering time required). There's still a lot that needs to be done to call Ep8 "fully baked" and ready to take out of the oven.

My 2 pesos, for whatever it's worth.
With all due respect, I suggest waiting for the Sunday devlog, where the approximate timeline for the final version will be (I hope) more clearly stated. But I don't think we can talk about 6 weeks, and everything will be done much faster (2-4 weeks max). BTW, as far as I know, all animations and renders are already done, so it won't take extra time to rendering... Anyway, that's what we have so far,
Mistress Tess
I will try and speak on Sunday's weekly update about my expected timeline, but usually I am aiming for a week or so to be sure it all works ok.
..but 1 week is too good to be true (?), so we'll see what Tess has to say.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ideally the Seth/Justine/Kim scene would set a specific story variable to hang a dialogue variant off of, rather than (as now) just incrementing broastridtrust by one. Although since I believe that variable is first used here, it could just check for broastridtrust = 0 during the Astrid-Veronica scene. Still better to set specific markers for specific decision points though.
Using the existing var is indeed the most efficient way. There's no other reason for that var to be there other than for dialogue changes anyway (it ways no bearing on the story itself). So I concur. We'll see if it's altered in final... but you'll find many of these little dialogue issues tbh.

With all due respect, I suggest waiting for the Sunday devlog, where the approximate timeline for the final version will be (I hope) more clearly stated. But I don't think we can talk about 6 weeks, and everything will be done much faster (2-4 weeks max). BTW, as far as I know, all animations and renders are already done, so it won't take extra time to rendering... Anyway, that's what we have so far,

..but 1 week is too good to be true (?), so we'll see what Tess has to say.
I take no offense but, I'm obviously offering an educated guesstimate in my post regarding timelines as I'm not involved with the VN's development. I know there are more render to still do according to her own words in the "test" build:
Python:
z "Hi this is Tess! You've reached the end of the Test Version! I'll be adding at least four to five scenes and an ending here for the Final Version!"
z "I would recommend that you make your final saves for Episode 8, Part II with the Final Version since I am likely to add a few new choice flags in prior scenes."
z "Also, please feel free to send me feedback about the minor surprise hunter...it's not my intent to make myself a major character but it's a special request from my biggest slave."
z "Just going to have a little fun with it...but it will only be an optional small branch and not impact the main hunting narrative."
z "Anyway, hope you had a really great time! I will write a much more in depth outro for the Final Version, have a great day all!"
So, according to that there's "at least four to five scenes and an ending here" to be added, plus "I will write a much more in depth outro for the Final Version", etc.

Rending takes time, and if it were done then she would have included those images/animations in the Test build since the dialogue takes significantly much less time to knock out than rendering or coding.

Again, this is all speculation on my part but I work with many dev teams and have a feel for approximating timelines... I feel my projected 1-6 weeks is appropriate considering the circumstances. On the lower end if nothing much at all is fixed and the product is rushed out, and toward the higher end if proper final development (including all the stated items to be added by the dev herself) are to be correctly implemented.... not to mention all the existing code tweaking that is still needed for proper scene transitions, dialogue corrections, etc.

I'm not debating anything here... I'm just offering the evidence I used to calculate my speculation. I don't see how anyone would read my previous post to be anything other than my opinion... but I reckon there could a few that might knowing this site ;)

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Using the existing var is indeed the most efficient way. There's no other reason for that var to be there other than for dialogue changes anyway (it ways no bearing on the story itself). So I concur. We'll see if it's altered in final... but you'll find many of these little dialogue issues tbh.

I take no offense but, I'm obviously offering an educated guesstimate in my post regarding timelines as I'm not involved with the VN's development. I know there are more render to still do according to her own words in the "test" build:
Python:
z "Hi this is Tess! You've reached the end of the Test Version! I'll be adding at least four to five scenes and an ending here for the Final Version!"
z "I would recommend that you make your final saves for Episode 8, Part II with the Final Version since I am likely to add a few new choice flags in prior scenes."
z "Also, please feel free to send me feedback about the minor surprise hunter...it's not my intent to make myself a major character but it's a special request from my biggest slave."
z "Just going to have a little fun with it...but it will only be an optional small branch and not impact the main hunting narrative."
z "Anyway, hope you had a really great time! I will write a much more in depth outro for the Final Version, have a great day all!"
So, according to that there's "at least four to five scenes and an ending here" to be added, plus "I will write a much more in depth outro for the Final Version", etc.

Rending takes time, and if it were done then she would have included those images/animations in the Test build since the dialogue takes significantly much less time to knock out than rendering or coding.

Again, this is all speculation on my part but I work with many dev teams and have a feel for approximating timelines... I feel my projected 1-6 weeks is appropriate considering the circumstances. On the lower end if nothing much at all is fixed and the product is rushed out, and toward the higher end if proper final development (including all the stated items to be added by the dev herself) are to be correctly implemented.... not to mention all the existing code tweaking that is still needed for proper scene transitions, dialogue corrections, etc.

I'm not debating anything here... I'm just offering the evidence I used to calculate my speculation. I don't see how anyone would read my previous post to be anything other than my opinion... but I reckon there could a few that might knowing this site ;)
Do you want me to send you the script rpa file when the final comes out?
Sancho1969

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Python:

FYI - Here's another missing scene for Sub she even notes the Player about in Test build:
Python:
    z "Hello everyone! You're reached one of the scenes that is not in the Test Version, but planned for the Final Version!"
    z "I would suggest making a save right before this choice and then coming back when the Final Version is out!"
    z "Sending you to the other choice for now, hope you're having fun!"
So there's definitely more renders to generate.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I came here to sign a Petition : LETS GET TESS NAKED! (in the Game, not IRL) :LOL: Holy smoke...she IS HOTTT! :p
Well..was nice knowing ya Cheese...

Who knows...might nod at you as I walk past while you're licking some floor...don't be upset if I don't though, I'm probably staring at some hot sisters ass on the way to the pool. Chin up fella :ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes