Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bwahahaha...sorry Sancho. You know I love ya :love:
I'm just pulling your leg bud. You and most folks know I've always been the advocate that individuals should use any and all resources they damn well please (as long as they aren't deceiving and/or blatantly incorrect informational resources which would impose false narratives) imho.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm just pulling your leg bud. You and most folks know I've always been the advocate that individuals should use any and all resources they damn well please (as long as they aren't deceiving and/or blatantly incorrect informational resources which would impose false narratives) imho.
Hehe I know...I know.

Again, your mod for this is one of the very, very few I use for a VN, yours is just too good a resource for this particular VN to not have installed. Given how long it took me make my own excel based version of what your stat screen shows (plus extra info), I have great admiration for how much work/how long this must take you...I certainly bow my hat to you. (y)

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Update on the poll top 3

1ST. I play the dom path and prefer a more normal/dominant harem/romance gaining power Kane without extreme evil.85

2nd. I like the sub path, prefer a mix of extreme and gentle6 3

3rd. I play the dom path, and like the extreme evil path, absolutely would miss it.55

I won't post the poll again unless there is a big change in the poll or till it is finished

terassiel

Mar 2, 2018
*sighs*...

You can tell an update is out/due out when all the new accounts or old accounts with barely any posts suddenly appear out of the proverbial woodwork with their 'expert opinions' and bullshit trying to stir up problems....

I'll add you into the above bracket also. You don't follow very many VN's do you? You don't have to answer that, was a rhetorical question.
Funny, actually I do ever since games like wife trainer, akabur games, big brother, cure my addiction etc first posted here :) I just rarely see the point of posting. And tbh when karlsons gambit first launched it was bringing a lot of fresh air and felt really exciting. But my guess is that Tess has to many paths in the game and for people who only play one of them the content is just not a lot compared to wait time.

Reactions: Mr. Chatty

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Funny, actually I do ever since games like wife trainer, akabur games, big brother, cure my addiction etc first posted here :) I just rarely see the point of posting. And tbh when karlsons gambit first launched it was bringing a lot of fresh air and felt really exciting. But my guess is that Tess has to many paths in the game and for people who only play one of them the content is just not a lot compared to wait time.
Which happens with quite a lot of VN's...and the longer they develop...the longer each update begins. You have to understand, each path (dom/Sub has over 2k renders 'each' in this update). Tess herself says it's shorter, but in reality, that's still a huge chunk of update compared to many other popular VN's that release that size every 8 to 12 months.

Also yes, if you are only interested in one particular branch, it won't seem like much, however, it is neither the devs fault or the VN's if someone conciously makes the decision to not view the content on offer...so one cannot moan about size/time when one is actually making the decision to short-change themselves....

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those thinking this update is short...I'll push back on that a bit.

There's almost 13,000 lines of code that cover every branching fork so there is a lot of content if you look at things as a whole. There's 4 major K-Lvl branching content that's subdivided depending on your previous choices with Junko, SweetAss, etc.

There's more than a few lewd scenes (I'm actually sorting through them as I code the ChoiceGuide so don't have a final number for you on that just yet), including 4 lewds in the first 1/3 of the script file, each with variants of themselves depending on choices made/stats.

Just thought I'd give a perspective from the entire VN point of view and not just one branching fork regarding content in the update. Your opinion and/or mileage may vary and that's okay... just my thoughts.
Again, folks should look at the big picture imho.

One update that has:
  • over 13,000 lines of dialogue functional coding lines
  • over 3,200 image renders
  • over 13 lewd scenes (that's how many I placed in SanchoGallery anyway and I skipped a few smaller scenes)
I mod on VN's that don't have that in the VN total, much less in one update. Just sayin'.

I (of all people) have a ton of opinions on just about every subject under the sun, but Tess being lazy on the update quantity ain't one of 'em. Damn thing took me three days to update the mod for... most VN's are under one day. To be fair though, the most intricate VN's do take me between 2 days and 1 week to update so that must be considered.

No one should be shocked at this point regarding specific pathing quantity per update. It's been obvious since this VN started that the amount of pathing forks would result in such a scenario as with any other VN on the planet that goes overboard with branching (as Maviarab noted in his post above).

I'm not wagging my finger at anyone (although I reckon it reads that way), I'm simply pointing out in a more detailed fashion what one should most likely expect going forward in regards to each specific branch content per update... and we're not even done with all the minor forks that will inevitably divert from current branchings that have been setup in Ep8 alone.

crotch69

Aug 20, 2020
The question is: should we wait for the full version or just play the test part? I'm assuming that the full version won't have any additional content added?

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
The question is: should we wait for the full version or just play the test part? I'm assuming that the full version won't have any additional content added?
It will have additional content (>=4 scenes+ending), should be out relatively soon (stated goal was ~friday), and saves from the test version will most likely not work as intended in the following chapter (as Tess intends to add additional flags to existing scenes). So if you only want to play it once, you should definitely wait, else... that info should help you to make an informed decision based on your preferences ;)

Last edited:

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Just Let you guys know I won't be posting the final version link when it is out on Patreon. I made a promise to TessSadist. I will not post-finale version links as she is handling that herself so unless someone else leaks it you might have to wait for it to turn up here. Im only giving Sancho1969 the script.rpa to help get his mod out faster.
Speaking of which, Tess wrote here that she herself will provide the final version to the uploader. So maybe this time everything will be quite official..)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It will have additional content (>=4 scenes+ending), should be out relatively soon (stated goal was ~friday), and saves from the test version will most likely not work as intended in the following chapter (as Tess intends to add additional flags to existing scenes). So if you only want to play it once, you should definitely wait, else... that info should help you to make an informed decision based on your preferences ;)
What he said ^^^
Just Let you guys know I won't be posting the final version link when it is out on Patreon. I made a promise to TessSadist. I will not post-finale version links as she is handling that herself so unless someone else leaks it you might have to wait for it to turn up here. Im only giving Sancho1969 the script.rpa to help get his mod out faster.
All good Dover, I've never understood the rabidness around here to eb honest. if the dev will release for free after a couple of weeks...just wait for it. It's an adult novel...surely these people have better things in their life to obsess over other than some pictures?? Maybe it's just me lol...
Speaking of which, Tess wrote here that she herself will provide the final version to the uploader. So maybe this time everything will be quite official..)
Let us hope so Stan, let us hope so.

Jan23489

Jan 11, 2022
When you save at the end of Season one (v0.7) there is a concluding save prompt which will then be loaded when starting a game in season two (current v0.8).
So I wonder: Where is that save file located? Seems like it is not a normal renpy-save with .save file extension.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
So I wonder: Where is that save file located? Seems like it is not a normal renpy-save with .save file extension.
Correct it isn't. It's a data file I believe (I don't understand the technicalities of it myself heh).

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
When you save at the end of Season one (v0.7) there is a concluding save prompt which will then be loaded when starting a game in season two (current v0.8).
On Windows look at "C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent" without the quotation marks, replacing "YourUser" with the active username on your PC.

At this address there will be two files after the first save:
"BeingADIKSeason2TransferXXXXXXXXXX" (+250 KB and the 10 X's stand for numbers that are generated) and "Karlssons.gambit.s1" (2 KB) and when you create a second save to transfer there should be new files called "transfer".

Here you will also find transfer files between seasons of other RenPy games, in my case Being a DIK, The Seven Realms, etc.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
It's not a normal save (with position information etc), basically the game takes the values of all relevant variables (good/evil, names, flags from decisions etc) of the currently running game and stores them in one of 8 containers in a file called Karlssons.gambit.s1 in the persistent directory of your (system-dependent) renpy folder.

Reactions: Jan23489

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
By the way, the directory where the normal season 1 saves are located is "C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test1-1575173365".
Tess, unlike other developers, didn't bother to name the folder and left it as "Test1" :KEK:.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Mistress TessToday at 12:02 AM
I am just doing a quick public post outlining a few things: (I have pasted this from Patreon so forgive the formatting if off) I am trying to get out a new version of 0.8 by this Friday/Sat but it is possible I won't finish everything I want to do and if so, I will still release a version this weekend that I will call 0.8Beta for $8 tier+ if it's missing anything. What I have added so far/trying to add from Test:
  1. Corrections and other tweaks
  1. Animations (were not in Test)
  1. New sub scene x1 or 2
  1. Easter Egg message for sub k1 players
Not sure but on the list for Final regardless:
  1. 1 or 2 dom scenes
  1. Outro scene with developer thank you, etc.
  1. Intro card to start episode (I have to track down all the masks again because I lost them in my SSD crash but have gotten some nice help on some of them already)
  1. Nice to add but might not -- a short everybody sees scene (general main branch) I was thinking of putting in Part II.
I will keep working even if I fall a bit short on the weekend and keep going until Final is ready. There is a big poll happening on my page right now, and it's been very illuminating for me in ways I didn't expect and I am usually hard to surprise. But I'm a bit surprised. I think I know what I'm going to do moving forward, but going to let that all play out first.

I have really thought hard on this and have finally relented as he's been wanting this for a while, and will be formally bringing on the only person in the world I am willing to submit to (only a tiny bit haha!) to help me with communication and other ways to handle external noise/nonsense. I will also pull back with communication/messages a bit just in the help/tech sense to assist, etc. I have already assigned Anais to handle Itch but I am likely going to pull back admin stuff a bit more to him on Itch/Patreon/Discord and later stuff, and be grateful for the help. I am always a bit stubborn about being self-reliant and strong, but I am ready to have his arms around me to shield me a bit more. I trust no one else more to assist and especially protect me, and will speak more on that and do an intro soon.

I am guaranteeing here that a Final Version will be out even with unexpected problems at the very latest before I leave for a trip overseas. That trip is not exactly set, but it's roughly from Feb 16th to 24th give or take a day or two. I will not be able to render well during this time, so plan to write out a lot of Part II both outlining and script, etc. The absolutely worst case is that even Final needs further refinements but hopefully it doesn't happen and this version will be available to $5 tier worst case I would say the week of the 13th to 16th range. But I think it will be ready much sooner.

Another factor is that I've gotten super busy this week with more than I thought outside the game, but juggling everything as well as I can right now! I'm even helping write and decorate/plan a kind of dinner murder mystery charity event and it's really been a lot of fun!

I also admit I took an extra day off last week and enjoyed three free days instead of two...I think I needed it! I didn't get to play tennis much but did golf three times! (I played tennis/golf/volleyball formally and still love them all!) But I'm back in the proverbial saddle and working hard this week! I feel pretty refreshed!

But it is still my goal to get as much as possible done and maybe I'll get a Final out this weekend!

Thank you all! Tess

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes