Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
lol people want that question option that some games with part 2s give you, which nty. This game is one of the most easily fast forwarded games that you can do if you want to go that route and get a quick save
What is nty?

Also yeah, wouldn't exactly say simple, far too many choices to have to keep deciding but yeah, it's not terribly complicated and takes no more than 10-15 mins, especially if creating meta-saves to get on certain routes/paths (which is how I did most of my sub saves lol).
That's one of the things I like about it - no stupid pointless clicking, minigames and freeroam crap, like in BADik or Fashion Business. Just story is more than enough imho for an AVN. If I wanted to click on things, I'd play Minesweeper or Solitare.
Exactly this. I only play 2 'sandboxes' IIRC...both are very light on that aspect also and quite logical. Both would be no worse off if that element was scrapped but they are there. I know Stan is a huge fan of FB...but the sandbox just put me off. Like you, if I wanted to play an actual 'game' that includes clicking, going place to place...I'll play an actual proper RPG, not a VN and I think that's where too many devs go wrong, they want to make an actual 'game' but don't have the resources, time, skill or whatever, so try and mould it into a VN instead and in 99.9% of cases (IMO), it never works properly, is usually buggy, counter-intuitive and really not needed to tell the story at all.

KG has to be one of the most complex VN's out there in terms of decisions, routes, variables etc etc....does perfectly fine without all the superflous, uneccessary clicking around screens and maps at certain times of the day just to progress what is usually in most cases, a rather linnear story. I nearly always find sandboxes, freeroams etc, are just a cover to waste your time to hide the fact there usually isn't all that much content. All the time spent developing these silly systems (BaDIK being a prime example) could have been spent on actually progressing the story and creating more renders.

Last edited:

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
That's one of the things I like about it - no stupid pointless clicking, minigames and freeroam crap, like in BADik or Fashion Business. Just story is more than enough imho for an AVN. If I wanted to click on things, I'd play Minesweeper or Solitare.
There are no mini-games in Fashion Business, and as for the rest, I've written about it before. #29,741
As they say, nuff said.

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
What is nty?

Also yeah, wouldn't exactly say simple, far too many choices to have to keep deciding but yeah, it's not terribly complicated and takes no more than 10-15 mins, especially if creating meta-saves to get on certain routes/paths (which is how I did most of my sub saves lol).

Exactly this. I only play 2 'sandboxes' IIRC...both are very light on that aspect also and quite logical. Both would be no worse off if that element was scrapped but they are there. I know Stan is a huge fan of FB...but the sandbox just put me off. Like you, if I wanted to play an actual 'game' that includes clicking, going place to place...I'll play an actual proper RPG, not a VN and I think that's where too many devs go wrong, they want to make an actual 'game' but don't have the resources, time, skill or whatever, so try and mould it into a VN instead and in 99.9% of cases (IMO), it never works properly, is usually buggy, counter-intuitive and really not needed to tell the story at all.

KG has to be one of the most complex VN's out there in terms of decisions, routes, variables etc etc....does perfectly fine without all the superflous, uneccessary clicking around screens and maps at certain times of the day just to progress what is usually in most cases, a rather linnear story. I nearly always find sandboxes, freeroams etc, are just a cover to waste your time to hide the fact there usually isn't all that much content. All the time spent developing these silly systems (BaDIK being a prime example) could have been spent on actually progressing the story and creating more renders.
NTY = No Thank You

Yea Im not a fan of games that require minigames or for you to click to get places except for Pale Carnations . I like to be able to get where I need to go quickly, I'm wasting my time with non-story related stuff, and it takes away from the main story. Tess easily transitions between 3 narrators without much trouble, more VNs with one protagonist should follow her example and just tell the story. No need for the fluff

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
if any wants… they can give me kink ideas for the gameshow, specifically for sub Kane! I already recommended a facesitting competition (where you can choose between characters that’ll sit on ur face) and choice you made before along with what girl you choose can either make you pass out (in which you lose valuable time in the show or you pull through)! Miss Tess seemed to like the idea so if anyone wants to relate them to me I can send it to her! :)

• Love
Reactions: Don Sucio

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
if any wants… they can give me kink ideas for the gameshow, specifically for sub Kane! I already recommended a facesitting competition (where you can choose between characters that’ll sit on ur face) and choice you made before along with what girl you choose can either make you pass out (in which you lose valuable time in the show or you pull through)! Miss Tess seemed to like the idea so if anyone wants to relate them to me I can send it to her! :)
On the sub path? Ohhh boy....

How about who can hold the most weight from their balls via clips and chains...

Mar 11, 2023
Just tell her to watch this for further inspiration. It's glorious.
1708357743171.jpeg

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

Yea Im not a fan of games that require minigames or for you to click to get places except for Pale Carnations . I like to be able to get where I need to go quickly, I'm wasting my time with non-story related stuff, and it takes away from the main story. Tess easily transitions between 3 narrators without much trouble, more VNs with one protagonist should follow her example and just tell the story. No need for the fluff
Exactly, most of games with hard stuff i have found here are sandbox, i´m not a fan either.
At first i was ok with the minigames in BaD , but after the chapter six it becomes really annoying, constantly minigames and zero advance in the story...

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Great constructional feedback guys!!… tho you guys are mostly dom player… I TRIED :cry: :KEK: :KEK: :ROFLMAO:
You are not alone friend... I started this game playing the sub path first and i always have been playing first my sub path :p... but is true in the last chapter i preferred to play first the Kane dom path, and in this new chapter i will do the same,but hey, i´m a fan of both sides :cool::devilish:

Reactions: Silver_Crow117

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Maviarab, let me clarify the situation.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for that, I know it's a huge game, but then it should be for 6 years in development. I have tried it and as explained in my earlier posts, they just don't do it for me at all (even if an interesting story)...unless incredibly well implemented. I did not know however that it was originally a RPGM game...that does actually explain a lot. It was the size, renders and storyline that made me try it in the first place but yeah...see previous comments. Sandboxes just don't do it for me...expecially when I see little reason for them to be that way (again, case here, wasn't aware was a RPGM originally...so makes sense)...but I despise all RPGM games too lol..so...heh...but then I'm someone who also thinks AL and LoF are average stories at best...so I'm maybe not the best person to really discuss this type of stuff with hehe as I seem to dislike major titles that appear to be universally loved by the masses).

Was also just going to like your post...but seems I'm out of reactions again for the moment *sighs*..so thought may as well just reply. So to anyone else, if I don't react to your post..you know why.

Reactions: Don Sucio

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
What's stopping you from getting a K9 in season 1? It's not that hard, plus you can always use Sancho Mod and/or the official walkthrough.
I played my first game blind and finished in K8, then I tried a second game blind but being a good Kane and the bitches put me in K4 :mad:. One day I will use the guide to see all the endings, I like to see them when I finish the game at least once.
[...]I still play the first and second BG to this day. I despised BG3, despise the CrapDog remasters...nothing will ever come close to the originals....nothing, as they were made for a completely different gaming demographic.[...]
I got to know these games by buying the 'Crapdog' versions, especially BD1, I know BD2 is great but I haven't had time to try it. With Windows 10 it's impossible to play the 1998 versions properly or make them look good at the original resolution they used.
He can't use Sancho mod...due to old potato system I believe. He uses walkthrough on his phone...but can only assume he didn't meet Dominique first and wants to see his save through without meta gaming it.
To avoid lagging, I play almost everything using ANGLE or ANGLE2 render (shift+G) and Sancho recommended me to use GL or GL2 for his mod, that's why I never installed his mods :cry:.
Well, in my case they don't bother me because I think I've played almost every genre. For example, after gems like GTA San Andreas or Skyrim :PogChamp: I starting to love sandbox games, or playing Final Fantasy 7, I got used to mini-games :cool:.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I got to know these games by buying the 'Crapdog' versions, especially BD1, I know BD2 is great but I haven't had time to try it. With Windows 10 it's impossible to play the 1998 versions properly or make them look good at the original resolution they used.
Yeah the originals require a couple of mods to work/look properly on modern systems. There's also a mod to run the first in the seconds game engine...huge improvement. If Beamdog had just left things as a visual improvement I'd not knock them..but they didn't...they fucked about with content, made new content, cut content...put in new characters..ugghhh. Thankfully they learned their lesson with NWN (though they are now changing rules and all sorts of other shit,...just shtap!)

It's the only reason Chris Avellone allowed them to redo Planescape Torment...that they also released a visual improvement version only...nothing elese changed (and that version I do play).

To avoid lagging, I play almost everything using ANGLE or ANGLE2 render (shift+G) and Sancho recommended me to use GL or GL2 for his mod, that's why I never installed his mods
Ahhhh..very interesting...didn't even know you could do that.

• Wow
Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Ahhhh..very interesting...didn't even know you could do that.
Yeah, all these little tricks are learned from looking for ways to make games run smoothly :cautious:.
Depending on the version of Renpy the game is running, there are different rendering options (shift+G), and I also recommend using shift+A if the game has a very weird font that is almost unreadable (like vampire games).

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you for that, I know it's a huge game, but then it should be for 6 years in development. I have tried it and as explained in my earlier posts, they just don't do it for me at all (even if an interesting story)...unless incredibly well implemented. I did not know however that it was originally a RPGM game...that does actually explain a lot. It was the size, renders and storyline that made me try it in the first place but yeah...see previous comments. Sandboxes just don't do it for me...expecially when I see little reason for them to be that way (again, case here, wasn't aware was a RPGM originally...so makes sense)...but I despise all RPGM games too lol..so...heh...but then I'm someone who also thinks AL and LoF are average stories at best...so I'm maybe not the best person to really discuss this type of stuff with hehe as I seem to dislike major titles that appear to be universally loved by the masses).

Was also just going to like your post...but seems I'm out of reactions again for the moment *sighs*..so thought may as well just reply. So to anyone else, if I don't react to your post..you know why.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, all these little tricks are learned from looking for ways to make games run smoothly :cautious:.
Depending on the version of Renpy the game is running, there are different rendering options (shift+G), and I also recommend using shift+A if the game has a very weird font that is almost unreadable (like vampire games).
Shift-A I use in almost every VN...text is usually way too large for my liking and very rarely does a dev offer the actual option (because to be fair I guess, they don't need to).

Stan5851 AL = Acting Lessons and LoF = Leap of Faith. I get lambasted constantly for saying they were both average at best hehe.

4.40 star(s) 147 Votes