Rocket007!

Aug 15, 2023
It just doesn't open...at all? Can you give us some more information on exactly what is happening? System? Tried redownloading the zip in case was corrupted?
The game doesn't open at all, have redownload the zip 3-4 times but still doesn't open. V7 gets open but not V8 , also antivirus put the v8 file in quarantine but even after removing it from there it doesn't open.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Appreciate all your efforts! It didn't work unfortunately, just gave the same error. It has created a new version of the file in the folder, though, for what that's worth.

Don't stew too much on this, either (at least not if you've got other pressing issues to attend to). I'm in australia and it's getting to the point where I need to call it a night and get to bed (was hoping to play this evening but it sadly wasn't to be). And I likely won't have time to try again until tomorrow evening (24hrs from now or so). So yeah, if you've other things to do / look into, feel free to attend to those first.
I do have one final thing for your to test but will require you to have the VN open in dev mode (so you can access the console). Are you familiar with that process? If you are then do so and type each of the following in the console (at the Main Menu is fine, you don't need to be "in-game") one at a time followed by pressing "Enter" after each entry for results to populate. For each of the three results I'd like to have the info they populate:
  • mp1_2 (should populate "<renpy.persistent._MultiPersistent object at xxxxxxx>" where the x's are a memory block location)
  • gamePass (should populate "1")
  • mp1_2.gamePass (is dynamic, but in your case should populate "1")
If you can't until after tomorrow due to time constraints no worries. You do you and simply reply or ping me when you have time.

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
To play devil's advocate again:

While Kane can be very dumb at time, nothing Elena said actually suggests nor confirms anything. They could have been married, fell out, Alexander gets a grudge...Callista leaves.

For Miles, you just think it's dumb cos we know all the info and Kane keeps missing information (though he is increasingly thinking to himself why did someone say that), but in this instance, there is nothing wrong with the dialogue as it neither confirms nor denies anything regarding whether or not Alexander is his father or not. To also be fair to Kane as an individual, everyone around him talks in riddles, uses misdirection, withholds information and keeps telling him, be patient, when the time is right.
Im not shitting on the writing cuz it's been established that Kane is like this, but in this particular instance, Elena was crystal clear.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She eliminated one person from being his father and they were looking at each other so it's not like he didn't hear her. No real riddle to solve here. Short of saying Alexander is not your father, this was as much of a confirmation as he could've gotten. No prior knowledge required.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The game doesn't open at all, have redownload the zip 3-4 times but still doesn't open. V7 gets open but not V8 , also antivirus put the v8 file in quarantine but even after removing it from there it doesn't open.
Disable your anti-virus (not sure which you're using)...download it again...unzip and I bet it opens. Then enable your Av again. Should then give option (if it finds it) to ignore. If not, add it as an exception to your AV.

0.8 is using Ren'Py Version 7.6.1.23060707 compared to an earlier version for 1-7. Some AV's are getting very fussy with Ren'Py exe's.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
She eliminated one person from being his father
Yeah was misremembering that sentence in my head. Sorry, you're quite correct... (Or, we could have had a thought line perhaps of Kane wondering if Elena lied to him). But you're right, as it stands, only a few mins earlier he shouldn't have forgot what she said.

I guess we'll just put it down to Kane being blindsided by a hot, wet, slippery, naked Olivia's revelations :ROFLMAO: :eek:

(which...I probably would too lmao)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stan5851

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Use the Sancho Mod and/or the official walkthrough. Links in the OP. If you don't go into details and nuances (there's a walkthrough for that) - just act like a scumbag, and your Kane's evil points will grow like on yeast. And yes, if you plan to go far as a Dom, it's worth remembering that your Kane and Olivia should share a common moral compass (if Kane is evil, Olivia should be evil, same goes for Good K and O). Of course, no one is stopping you from making an evil Kane and a good Olivia (or vice versa), but these will slow your progression upwards.
I'm playing a GoodKane, while maxing all the "Power Duo" points, yet EvilSis has more/better content between the two (not by much, but it's there). So my "9 Evil points" are strictly from the SisAlliance choices, and a few evil choices that I as a sadist/player actually want, such as:

"I'm sorry Amy, but I'm too much of a natural sadist to NOT shock you when given the power, but since I don't want to lose Princess points, I'm going to have to make Olivia evil, and then shock you to the max. But don't worry, I'll protect you from Chanel, and you'll like our time with Raven, I promise."
You're right... I wrote about it here once before too. We misunderstand Kane by judging his level of knowledge of what's going on around him based on our own level...And then we accuse him of stupidity...But I'll say more (and I think I won't be wrong) - most of the players who didn't come to our thread, didn't participate in the discussion and didn't get into the details and nuances of the game, simply won't notice anything funny/unusual in the fact that Kane didn't turn out to be Sherlock Holmes and didn't unravel the whole tangle by a couple of hints and reservations of the characters...And what is obvious for some, can be completely unobvious for others.
I would like to point out that all of Olivia's knowledge was also handed to her (father, mother, OG Gambit), whereas Kane, as non-Gameshow Veronica reveals in this episode, is intentionally kept in the dark, and anyone who gives him unauthorized information is going to get penalized. There may have been critical information ON THAT FUCKING BRACELET that we lost, and has never come back into play, or mentioned since. Therefore, "intelligent" Olivia didn't have to figure anything out, while Kane has to piece things together, while always learning something new about KG that he needs to remember, always balancing on a thread knowing that a single wrong choice could have have dire consequences on his life, and being near constantly juiced up on testosterone, which involves blood flow to the brain being siphoned to his second head. While I really want the famous Cole-Callista intelligence to actually manifest in him, he doesn't exactly have the cognitive surplus to dedicate to the hidden mysteries that aren't directly affecting his life/progress.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Silver_Crow117, since you are a Mac user... did you have any issues with v0.7b (Season 1) exporting at the end of the VN? I'm attempting to assist drisarter (see the above posts) but since I'm not on Mac have no way to personally test my theories on his save slot variable issue, although the code appears very sound. The only thing that comes to mind is if RenPy is interpreting the Python function field variables differently in Rv7.4.10, which it certainly shouldn't.

Any ideas you can provide as a Mac user are appreciated. Regards.

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
I do have one final thing for your to test but will require you to have the VN open in dev mode (so you can access the console). Are you familiar with that process? If you are then do so and type each of the following in the console (at the Main Menu is fine, you don't need to be "in-game") one at a time followed by pressing "Enter" after each entry for results to populate. For each of the three results I'd like to have the info they populate:
  • mp1_2 (should populate "<renpy.persistent._MultiPersistent object at xxxxxxx>" where the x's are a memory block location)
  • gamePass (should populate "1")
  • mp1_2.gamePass (is dynamic, but in your case should populate "1")
If you can't until after tomorrow due to time constraints no worries. You do you and simply reply or ping me when you have time.
I'm not familiar with opening VNs in dev mode I'm afraid. I quickly looked up how to do it, and tried to follow a couple of methods mentioned online so I could get you that info before heading to bed, but neither seemed to work. I may have to get back to you after tomorrow after all.

Reactions: Sancho1969

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Yeah was misremembering that sentence in my head. Sorry, you're quite correct... (Or, we could have had a thought line perhaps of Kane wondering if Elena lied to him). But you're right, as it stands, only a few mins earlier he shouldn't have forgot what she said.

I guess we'll just put it down to Kane being blindsided by a hot, wet, slippery, naked Olivia's revelations :ROFLMAO: :eek:

(which...I probably would too lmao)
Fair enough.
Not sure why these people just don't tell him who his father is. It's not like he can even do anything to act on it and I doubt it would affect the gambit. At this point, all they're doing is pissing him off.

Rocket007!

Aug 15, 2023
Disable your anti-virus (not sure which you're using)...download it again...unzip and I bet it opens. Then enable your Av again. Should then give option (if it finds it) to ignore. If not, add it as an exception to your AV.

0.8 is using Ren'Py Version 7.6.1.23060707 compared to an earlier version for 1-7. Some AV's are getting very fussy with Ren'Py exe's.
Will try and the antivirus I am using is McAfee.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
"I'm sorry Amy, but I'm too much of a natural sadist to NOT shock you when given the power, but since I don't want to lose Princess points, I'm going to have to make Olivia evil, and then shock you to the max. But don't worry, I'll protect you from Chanel, and you'll like our time with Raven, I promise."
Bad YuNobi! :ROFLMAO:
Fair enough.
Not sure why these people just don't tell him who his father is. It's not like he can even do anything to act on it and I doubt it would affect the gambit. At this point, all they're doing is pissing him off.
Yeah...even the scene with Veronica and Nadia, Veronica basically says without so much words I'm keeping shit from you again that we don't want you to know and you'll find out at the right time.

It's like, every single character almost at this point. Kane needs to go full Kaneinator on their asses as soon as he is able. Why was so, so happy to see that sentence with Elaine, finally..start speaking your damn mind man...the whole damn facility keeps saying you're a special case, important, blah blah....wake up man....start stirring the pot, they are not going to retaliate against you.

Even we as players with third party knowledge...like you say, I don't see the need now/currently to still be keeping secrets and keeping Kane in the dark...what actual purpose does it serves for them now?

Will try and the antivirus I am using is McAfee.
Let me know please :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fair enough.
(written in mostly humor): Although I don't consider myself qualified to offer proper analysis of this fictional story in great detail due to how I work on the VN (mostly speedrunning tbh), I have to agree with your summary here as I find that if I were to place myself in the MC's "Dom" shoes (again, I'm quite aware this is a fucking fictional story) that I'd go ballistic on most of these women by now. :ROFLMAO:

Again, take this all with my intended humor (I wrote a damn disclosure folks)... and I'm not shitting/bashing on women... but these particular (fictional) women. I know the redneck in me and the alpha I posses would become slightly unhinged by now (assuming the Dom route). I'd respectfully be taking personal control of my immediate environment, no doubt.

Otherwise, disregard my story analysis and carry one... I still find "Kane" to be a wimp... or very damn good at eating crow while biding time to strike. The latter being admirable if it were to occur and is what I'm hoping will at some point (which obviously has to, right?)

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Bad YuNobi! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah...even the scene with Veronica and Nadia, Veronica basically says without so much words I'm keeping shit from you again that we don't want you to know and you'll find out at the right time.

It's like, every single character almost at this point. Kane needs to go full Kaneinator on their asses as soon as he is able. Why was so, so happy to see that sentence with Elaine, finally..start speaking your damn mind man...the whole damn facility keeps saying you're a special case, important, blah blah....wake up man....start stirring the pot, they are not going to retaliate against you.

Even we as players with third party knowledge...like you say, I don't see the need now/currently to still be keeping secrets and keeping Kane in the dark...what actual purpose does it serves for them now?

Let me know please :)
Bro, I so want to put Piggy's hood back on (the site is a kink, and the knowledge I put her in it *chef's kiss*), but that deletes the Otto-Junko scene, so I abstain... though I've apparently lost Junko by banging Dominique, which is frustrating, as there is never saying "no" to Dominique.

I can see keeping the Gambit secret, but if Callista knows that "Kane is key" to any of the sisters winning the Gambit, then Kane is going to have to be informed before the Gambit finishes, and be given time to consider who is going to be his queen. I really think he should have already been informed, because we seem to have passed the first sister to possibly be permanently closed off (Juliette if you refuse to attend/kill). I don't know, maybe psychotic Alexander wants to recreate his life so much in Kane's experience that Kane has to be on the very same Temple steps where he fell in love and identified his perfect woman, so Kane can't know about/consider the sisters in this way until that very moment, thus he is the one who announces the winner (and the final "trials" are the sisters' final chance to demonstrate to Kane why she's the perfect choice). Yes, there is the Board vote, but I'm beginning to suspect that this is just for SubKane (Dominique infers that a vote taking place is based upon how future events transpire, therefore it's not guaranteed to occur at all).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Bro, I so want to put Piggy's hood back on (the site is a kink, and the knowledge I put her in it *chef's kiss*), but that deletes the Otto-Junko scene, so I abstain... though I've apparently lost Junko by banging Dominique, which is frustrating, as there is never saying "no" to Dominique.

I can see keeping the Gambit secret, but if Callista knows that "Kane is key" to any of the sisters winning the Gambit, then Kane is going to have to be informed before the Gambit finishes, and be given time to consider who is going to be his queen. I really think he should have already been informed, because we seem to have passed the first sister to possibly be permanently closed off (Juliette if you refuse to attend/kill). I don't know, maybe psychotic Alexander wants to recreate his life so much in Kane's experience that Kane has to be on the very same Temple steps where he fell in love and identified his perfect woman, so Kane can't know about/consider the sisters in this way until that very moment, thus he is the one who announces the winner (and the final "trials" are the sisters' final chance to demonstrate to Kane why she's the perfect choice). Yes, there is the Board vote, but I'm beginning to suspect that this is just for SubKane (Dominique infers that a vote taking place is based upon how future events transpire, therefore it's not guaranteed to occur at all).
Heh...yeah maybe, knowing what we know of Alexander, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Silver_Crow117, since you are a Mac user... did you have any issues with v0.7b (Season 1) exporting at the end of the VN? I'm attempting to assist drisarter (see the above posts) but since I'm not on Mac have no way to personally test my theories on his save slot variable issue, although the code appears very sound. The only thing that comes to mind is if RenPy is interpreting the Python function field variables differently in Rv7.4.10, which it certainly shouldn't.

Any ideas you can provide as a Mac user are appreciated. Regards.
Hello! In Regards to the Mac version of KG, I have had no problems with carrying my saves over from season 1 (.7b) to the beginning of Season 2! I’ve tested the Mac version before even the beta came out and I had no problems since the beta officially released… all that’s needed is to make sure you save at the end of episode 7 properly and the data from there should properly transfer over to episode 8… I don’t even have problems with the Windows version and or your mod, since I can run it on Parallels… for Mac it’s all about giving the game files permission to access your Mac… so technically you could bring up the terminal on Mac and type,
“Sudo Chmod -R 755” and then drag the application of KG into the Terminal, press space and it should promt you to enter your computer password (if you have one)… I don’t have to due this technically but if anyone’s having problems you can try that…

Reactions: Sancho1969

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
On the plus side the sex scene with Juliette and The way Kane talked to nadia and Elena shows us he's getting more aggressive and now that he's possibly with Olivia I don't see her keeping things from him. Also hopefully Dominique is pissed off enough at the loss of her botanist to say fuck it and just tell Kane what's what ( I know she won't, but one can hope).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
On the plus side the sex scene with Juliette and The way Kane talked to nadia and Elena shows us he's getting more aggressive and now that he's possibly with Olivia I don't see her keeping things from him. Also hopefully Dominique is pissed off enough at the loss of her botanist to say fuck it and just tell Kane what's what ( I know she won't, but one can hope).
Hmmm...if you're doing the shuffle tango under the influence of expensive wine with her, she may do...especially if Amara also tied up in the room at the same time...

We're stuck with story reasons...but I can see Dominique having a moment and saying you know what, hey Kane, come here a second. She does have the split personality within her as we know, in terms of doing what's right, what she should do and what is expected of her.

Olivia if romancing...should be a given...but eh....we'll see I guess heh.

Hello! In Regards to the Mac version of KG
So wait...you're a sub player AND a Mac user? Oahh jeesh...there's just no hope for you dude :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Chace005

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Do we know we know?, with how many womens Alexander had children?
At a minimum...that we know...four. Possibly 5 because we do not know who the mother of Alessandra or Juliette is. Never mentioned. I suspect the same mother (just my own thoughts) but could be different.

You have: (in birth order, Astrid aside):

Dominique: ??? (Supposedly died when Dominique was young)
Veronica: Yvette
Olivia: Elena (2 days after Veronica)
Juliette: ???
Alessandra: ???

Astrid: Yvette (No idea when born in relation to the others)
Luke: Callista (suspect died in the womb due to an accident. This is theory though)

Reactions: Lifecli

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
for Mac it’s all about giving the game files permission to access your Mac… so technically you could bring up the terminal on Mac and type,
“Sudo Chmod -R 755” and then drag the application of KG into the Terminal, press space and it should promt you to enter your computer password (if you have one)… I don’t have to due this technically but if anyone’s having problems you can try that…
That is indeed what my first hunch was but we narrowed that out I believe (I had him check for file Write permissions). I'll flag drisarter here just in case. Thanks bud.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes