Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Veronica's such a manipulative lying bitch. "If you had turned down the game show, you would be farther along with me on that issue."
No he wouldn't, Bitch. All you do in that scene is ensure it's the first time Kane hears the words "Karlsson Gambit" and that nobody has leaked what it is to him. You still give no information, or advice, leaving Kane in objectively a worse position because now he's aware of another reason to distrust you (especially since you just revealed you're the reason he can't get any answers).
Heh, did you mean to quote me then Yu?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
In reference to the scene, yes.
Ahh right yes...sorry, forgot put my post and your quote together to avoid double posting. I should probably not have done that in hindsight. Oh well. I do agree with you completely though....even if you do skip the Game Show, she still doesn't tell you anything...more riddles and misdirection...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thoughts?
I have one thought as to not using variables as possible clues per se (don't rely on them too much). Many are made that mean nothing at all. I can't finger-wag at Tess for doing this though as many devs get trapped by not setting variables at locations early in story and later find that they wished they had... just letting you know it's a thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't mean they are useless... not by a long shot. Just take into consideration than many many variables across a massive VN tend to be nothing-burgers imo.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I have one thought as to not using variables as possible clues per se (don't rely on them too much). Many are made that mean nothing at all. I can't finger-wag at Tess for doing this though as many devs get trapped by not setting variables at locations early in story and later find that they wished they had... just letting you know it's a thing.
I don't mean they are useless... not by a long shot. Just take into consideration than many many variables across a massive VN tend to be nothing-burgers imo.
Yeah no Iget you...and have seen it myself...it's a fair point.

Was a good theory too..... :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Veronica's such a manipulative lying bitch. "If you had turned down the game show, you would be farther along with me on that issue."
No he wouldn't, Bitch. All you do in that scene is ensure it's the first time Kane hears the words "Karlsson Gambit" and that nobody has leaked what it is to him. You still give no information, or advice, leaving Kane in objectively a worse position because now he's aware of another reason to distrust you (especially since you just revealed you're the reason he can't get any answers).
Damn, I might need to pour a glass early 'cause I'll certainly drink to that. 100% agree. No way in hell I'm turning down the show.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Was a good theory too..... :ROFLMAO:
Still may be one... we're all proving that this tangled web needs some dialogue cleanup and will be one helluva challenge to unravel for our dear dev. I hope like hell she storyboarded this VN before starting it... or things could get real ugly later on.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Still may be one... we're all proving that this tangled web needs some dialogue cleanup and will be one helluva challenge to unravel for our dear dev. I hope like hell she storyboarded this VN before starting it... or things could get real ugly later on.
As for dialogue clean up...sure Stan5851 will post a screenshot but Tess just mentioned that the Kane dialogue with Olivia right after seeing Elena is..in fact...a mistake.

MilesEdgeworth

Reactions: Stan5851

SevySub

Aug 17, 2019
Does anyone know the source of the song FarewellAlexander.mp3? It is one of the songs of the Alexander's temple scene (season 1), and it's amazingly beautiful. Who did it?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
*gets today's first adult beverage*

I feel like we're a Rogan podcast... and all being Jamie fact checking each other :ROFLMAO:

*sips from the Crown & Coke*

So glad I didn't spend the day in the BaDIK thread, I would have been banned from the site by now. :p

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I feel like we're a Rogan podcast... and all being Jamie fact checking each other
This thread does have it's moments lol
So glad I didn't spend the day in the BaDIK thread, I would have been banned from the site by now
Probably a wise idea...I've not visited that thread in a looonnnng time...I got fed up with it after Ep6 I think. Toxic place.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Whoa I finally played this one... great game... needs some narrative clean-ups here and there, but a really solid story and overall good writing. It is quite confusing at the begining too, but it's probably too late to fix that.

Funny, I avoided this game for a while because I thought it was a femdom fuckfest (based on comments), and it turns out there's not even that many sex scenes... okay, granted I only played the "dom" path, but still, for the overall lenght, yeah, not that much of a fuckfest.

I was considering doing another run in order to gain one more sponsor, but I'm not even sure if that changes anything... I got Veronica first, but I saw you could first get Dominique and then gain Veronica... not sure it's worth replaying all that tho. I suppose it'd be just more interesting to do like a sub path with the worst possible choices I guess...

Anyways, yeah... it was cool I guess.

Oh also: The game DESPERATELY needs a new logo and new chapter screens... those look really really low quality =(

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
As for dialogue clean up...sure Stan5851 will post a screenshot but Tess just mentioned that the Kane dialogue with Olivia right after seeing Elena is..in fact...a mistake.

MilesEdgeworth
You are right, but as promised, I am posting Tess's response.
Tess_answer.jpg
So, our KaneDom is no stupid and it was just a mistake. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯(no big deal, the important thing is that we got it sorted out)...and I'll assume that maybe Tess will even release 0.8.1b with dialogue fixes (if enough of them accumulate to make a new version)..Well, at least that would make sense.

MilesEdgeworth

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Whoa I finally played this one... great game... needs some narrative clean-ups here and there, but a really solid story and overall good writing. It is quite confusing at the begining too, but it's probably too late to fix that.

Funny, I avoided this game for a while because I thought it was a femdom fuckfest (based on comments), and it turns out there's not even that many sex scenes... okay, granted I only played the "dom" path, but still, for the overall lenght, yeah, not that much of a fuckfest.

I was considering doing another run in order to gain one more sponsor, but I'm not even sure if that changes anything... I got Veronica first, but I saw you could first get Dominique and then gain Veronica... not sure it's worth replaying all that tho. I suppose it'd be just more interesting to do like a sub path with the worst possible choices I guess...

Anyways, yeah... it was cool I guess.

Oh also: The game DESPERATELY needs a new logo and new chapter screens... those look really really low quality =(
The sponsorship hasn't really been utilized outside of a sex scene in Ep. 7 with your first sponsor. Getting Dominique's sponsorship first will get you K7 by End of Day 4/Ep. 4, and that will give you a lead with each promotion point, but I believe you might be able to promote 2 ranks on Day 5 if you work it right. There is a story path that seems locked to [Good] Dominique's sponsorship, but I'm not aware of any such threads for other sponsors. Yes you can gain Veronica after Dominique, in fact she tells you to do so, else you will make her angry. It also looks like you can gain Alessandra's sponsorship, but for everyone that is only after the Gameshow (if you do what she likes in said show).

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Max you can get currently is 3 sponsors (and a mentor)...but they don't do a great deal...yet. Yes, you should try a K1/2 run with a GoodSubKane/EvilDomOlivia hehe...hahaha...muhahaha haaa ha ahaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
I've literally (an hour ago) given Tess all her mask images, cut out and cleaned up (she lost a lot in a SSD crash), especially so she can clean up the Chapter 8 title card. I've offered to redo/do all her chapter cards going forward which was met with enthusiasm.

The sponsorship hasn't really been utilized outside of a sex scene in Ep. 7 with your first sponsor. Getting Dominique's sponsorship first will get you K7 by End of Day 4/Ep. 4, and that will give you a lead with each promotion point, but I believe you might be able to promote 2 ranks on Day 5 if you work it right. There is a story path that seems locked to [Good] Dominique's sponsorship, but I'm not aware of any such threads for other sponsors. Yes you can gain Veronica after Dominique, in fact she tells you to do so, else you will make her angry. It also looks like you can gain Alessandra's sponsorship, but for everyone that is only after the Gameshow (if you do what she likes in said show).
You can still get Dominique sponsor second if you don't meet her first btw (but yes that denies the early K7 fast-track from her).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have a save where my MC is sponsored by everyone. It broke both the internet and the Gambit so I carefully placed that save in an archive surrounded by liquid nitrogen for safe keeping. The world is not ready for such things.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Another valid point which (at this point of all the accumulated evidence) makes our entire discussion regarding bracelets null and void. There's too many dialogue bugs in the VN to rely on details for theory...imo.
Here’s what she said (I asked) :),

“because they know only a Kane that gets to a certain point can do X at location Y -- a sub Kane won't likely see that scenario so they might plan a different alternative. Err that's a major reason K7 was mentioned, their intel is that it's a needed start (might not be correct but their belief) point to even consider what might be true later for him.”

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
I have a save where my MC is sponsored by everyone. It broke both the internet and the Gambit so I carefully placed that save in an archive surrounded by liquid nitrogen for safe keeping. The world is not ready for such things.
Hm!? I'm guessing you got Dominica/Veronique, then secret subbed to Alessandra, and then did you feed the "gooey Sarlacc" in this recent update? Or what was your strategy?

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Here’s what she said (I asked) :),

“because they know only a Kane that gets to a certain point can do X at location Y -- a sub Kane won't likely see that scenario so they might plan a different alternative. Err that's a major reason K7 was mentioned, their intel is that it's a needed start (might not be correct but their belief) point to even consider what might be true later for him.”
I'm surprised Tess doesn't just make [rank] a variable in the dialogue, so Otto and Nadia can say the accurate rank. After all she's already doing it for MC/Sis/Bro/Friend's first and last names.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes