LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
30 hours without entering here and over five pages unread :WutFace:.
Imagine me only checking in every 3 to 5 days and always seeing an unreadable mountain of backlog! :LOL:

I would still highly recommend playing the second though, possibly one of the best single games ever made.
Nothing beats Vtm: Bloodlines 1 for me, but to be fair ME2 is a solid second or third. Mafia 1: The City of lost Heaven was an amazing game as well narrative-wise, but that one is a linear story. Hot take, I also kinda liked ME3 (ending included, as it allowed my fem Shepard
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
) but not as much as ME2. The writing wasn't quite as good, and I also hated that it

I'm sorry Mistress but you were offered a Z3 job before they even knew how capable and delightfully evil you'd be. I imagine there are timelines where you are the Warden and *shudders* a good person overall and someone who doesn't want to see Kane at her feet.
Imma do something very non-characteristic here, and not only second this opinion but... probably agree with the dom players on something! Crazy, right? :LOL: I think it's a bit of a plothole that none of the Karlsson sisters opposed the idea of giving Olivia a Z3 job for no reason. (other than I guess following the gambit, but I'm not even sure Olivia not also starting in the lower Ks was part of Alexander's instructions)

It could be because they themselves are biased in favour of women and matriarchal orders, but that is proven not to be the case by the existence of high level male executives like Jack, by how some of the sisters react to a dom Kane, or by how even Alessandra, who we are specifically told by domme Olivia blames men for what happened to the world and thinks only women should rule, actually wants only a sexually submissive partner towards her, but who doms other women and is strong in public. (which we see on the secret sub path) So, that's not the case.

Other than all the sisters wanting to follow Alexander's gambit to the letter and that specifically saying that Olivia should start as an exec, (which I'm not sure was confirmed yet - maybe some of the dom players know this or not as I haven't properly played the dom paths) it would actually have been in their interest to also make Olivia start as a K4 in one of the female pods, as this way they're just handing her a lot more power to fight their bid to succede Alexander at the helm of the company for... no reason I can think of. So yes, maybe at least some of the Karlsson sisters are either more soft-hearted or less smart than they'd like to believe... :unsure:

Are you sure you only recommend the second? Mmmm, nobody recommends the third :illuminati:.
I do, but it's not quite as good as the 2nd and the ending disappointed many people. It's still definitely a good RPG and better and less repetitive than Mass Effect 1 though! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PickerLewd

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Other than all the sisters wanting to follow Alexander's gambit to the letter and that specifically saying that Olivia should start as an exec, (which I'm not sure was confirmed yet - maybe some of the dom players know this or not as I haven't properly played the dom paths) it would actually have been in their interest to also make Olivia start as a K4 in one of the female pods, as this way they're just handing her a lot more power to fight their bid to succede Alexander at the helm of the company for... no reason I can think of. So yes, maybe at least some of the Karlsson sisters are either more soft-hearted or less smart than they'd like to believe... :unsure:
I don't recall it ever actually being mentioned why olivia starts at Z3 (as even the position she holds is usually a Z1 position). The only thing that makes sense (and from snipets of dialogue) is that because she is a Karlsson sister it's as high as they can place her without actually giving her a board seat (which they offer after a few days anyway so...meh hehe).

They also understand (especially Alessa) that had it not been for Alexander/Callista, she would have been around much earlier and already be granted a board seat by default being another sister most likely.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Interesting comparison made by a "young" :ROFLMAO: Stan, you can see how he feels that "Estate Dominate" unfortunately didn't have much left to offer, and all of this before it got abandoned.
Well, I already answered about my attitude towards ED here, I think you saw that post since you put an emotion icon under it.. ;) As for femdom in KG, since those "younger days" I've become much more tolerant of background femdom (with NPCs), it doesn't bother me much, but I still can't tolerate femdom in regards to MCs. So I'm a bit jealous of those who like both ways and can enjoy each, heh..

Recently managed to watch (thanks to a save from one of our local players) a sub scene with Charlotte and our beloved Angelica...(killshot) I became convinced that Charlotte is exactly the sadistic bitch I had imagined...So now my KaneDom (when the time comes) will destroy her without any remorse. Angelica, on the other hand, pleased...As Charlotte told her, (quoting from memory) "You can't fool me, I can't see the pleasure in your eyes". And that's fine. I will try to raise Angelique without spoiling her, preserving and developing her best qualities and without turning her into a evil creature like Charlotte.

Reactions: PickerLewd

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
I don't recall it ever actually being mentioned why olivia starts at Z3 (as even the position she holds is usually a Z1 position). The only thing that makes sense (and from snipets of dialogue) is that because she is a Karlsson sister it's as high as they can place her without actually giving her a board seat (which they offer after a few days anyway so...meh hehe).

They also understand (especially Alessa) that had it not been for Alexander/Callista, she would have been around much earlier and already be granted a board seat by default being another sister most likely.
I see. I still think it's unlikely for people as powerful as they are and as morally... liberal, shall we say, as they are, to care that someone is their biological sister/half sister and do them any favours because of that - look at how nobles in history would often wage civil wars and/or murder even their blood siblings that they grew up with for the throne, so why would someone like, say, Juliette Karlsson, be more compassionate towards an absolute stranger to her that grew up as a pauper, even if Olivia is her biological sister?

It's still a great game and maybe Tess has her reasons why she made all the Karlsson sisters treat Olivia nicely, but all I'm saying is it looks a bit like a plothole. (as it would've been more advantageous to them to start Olivia as one of the lower Ks, and it would've also been a greater test of her mettle/wits if she had to rise through the ranks the way Kane has to...) Elena would've probably tried to stop them from making Olivia a K4 or a K3, but I'm not sure she would've had the power to do that if the Karlsson members of the board wanted to... :unsure:

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022

This was the clue at the beginning that made me reject the idea that Kane was Alexander's son and therefore Olivia's pure brother.
She as a gift in Z3 and Kane at the bottom of the well (between K4-K6) at the beginning :devilish:.

hvarbo

Jul 10, 2018
Imma do something very non-characteristic here, and not only second this opinion but... probably agree with the dom players on something! Crazy, right? :LOL: I think it's a bit of a plothole that none of the Karlsson sisters opposed the idea of giving Olivia a Z3 job for no reason. (other than I guess following the gambit, but I'm not even sure Olivia not also starting in the lower Ks was part of Alexander's instructions)

It could be because they themselves are biased in favour of women and matriarchal orders, but that is proven not to be the case by the existence of high level male executives like Jack, by how some of the sisters react to a dom Kane, or by how even Alessandra, who we are specifically told by domme Olivia blames men for what happened to the world and thinks only women should rule, actually wants only a sexually submissive partner towards her, but who doms other women and is strong in public. (which we see on the secret sub path) So, that's not the case.
Agreeing with the dom players? Wait, wait, wait, there's no reason to do something that drastic! Knowing what we know now I don't think that it's that much of a plothole. First of all they are biased in favor of women. If in a rl company there were 97 male executives and 3 female ones, you wouldn't say that there must not be any sexism in the company because there are a couple of female executives. Similarly, while I think that some exceptionally talented men can become executives, women need to clear a much lower bar.

Another reason for why Olivia was given a high place and eventually a seat at the board was probably because she was a Karlsson. See who's at the board, it's the founders and the Karlsson daughters. It seems like it's pretty much a family business and nepotism is really a thing, with some daughters believing that they are just better than other people.
It would also make sense to present a unified front to other people since even if let's say Juliette thought it was better to kill her, I think that Veronica would veto that.

However the biggest reason why I think that Olivia was given such a high position is Elena. Sure she might have not known about their relationship from the start, but Callista did say to Olivia that she could trust Elena with her life, which makes me think that she should have at least talked with Elena before she disappeared, ensuring that Olivia would be in a good spot to participate in the gambit.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
It's still a great game and maybe Tess has her reasons why she made all the Karlsson sisters treat Olivia nicely, but all I'm saying is it looks a bit like a plothole. (as it would've been more advantageous to them to start Olivia as one of the lower Ks, and it would've also been a greater test of her mettle/wits if she had to rise through the ranks the way Kane has to...) Elena would've probably tried to stop them from making Olivia a K4 or a K3, but I'm not sure she would've had the power to do that if the Karlsson members of the board wanted to... :unsure:
I also think it would have been better to put Olivia in the same situation as Kane...And their rise to the top (or, on the contrary, fall) together would probably be even more interesting and exciting than when Olivia is presented as a girl with a golden spoon up her ass who has almost unlimited power at the snap of her fingers.... But considering the fact that the whole story was written long before the game itself, I think Tess was consciously doing what we see in the game by separating "brother and sister" at the start.

Plus (to our knowledge), none of Alexander's daughters were in the program.... and by the logic of the game itself, there should be no reason for Olivia to be in the program either., but we are told why Kane, who claims to have power in the company, needs to do so.

Last edited:

Lazarusrv

May 2, 2017
I see. I still think it's unlikely for people as powerful as they are and as morally... liberal, shall we say, as they are, to care that someone is their biological sister/half sister and do them any favours because of that - look at how nobles in history would often wage civil wars and/or murder even their blood siblings that they grew up with for the throne, so why would someone like, say, Juliette Karlsson, be more compassionate towards an absolute stranger to her that grew up as a pauper, even if Olivia is her biological sister?

Well, what i'm about to say is my opinion on the matter, be advised, if you haven't played de game DON'T READ IT

Insist, that's what I think

And sorry to all who read it for my english
:cautious:

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Well, what i'm about to say is my opinion on the matter, be advised, if you haven't played de game DON'T READ IT

Insist, that's what I think

And sorry to all who read it for my english
:cautious:
Are you serious? O_O Maviarab knows this game inside and out, and even more than many players who have played it. The OP has a link to his special sheet detailing the timeline, events, variables, flags, characters, and so on. (some of this information is exclusive at all and known only to the developer, and now to us). So let's just agree that this joke of yours is not a good one. :)

As for the rest of what you wrote, I agree with you here (although much of it is explained in plain text in the game itself, particularly why Olivia should be where she ended up). ;)

Mar 11, 2023
They treat her nicely because she is a Karlsson so why would you treat her any different then you would treat your other sisters
My sisters (if I had any) do not compete with me to inherit the largest company in the world, the Karlsson sisters do. Truth be told, Tess really needs to come up with a satisfying explanation of why everybody respects the rules of the Gambit and doesn't hire assassins to kill other siblings. The 'Oh, it was a stipulation of Alexander's will' won't work, because history clearly shows us that the will of the deceased rarely mattered when there were several contenders to the throne. It's even true for other fictional worlds based on feudal laws (like Dune or Game of Thrones).

As for her rank as Z3, it couldn't be any lower, since she's the warden of the JF and some staff members are Z2 (the Doctor) and Z1 (Kitty). Z4, on the other hand, would be too much for someone who's yet to prove herself. And putting her into K-program would require a rewrite of an entire story and characters, which is just unrealistic.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
They treat her nicely because she is a Karlsson so why would you treat her any different then you would treat your other sisters
Exactly. At this point also, despite them knowing why she is there (they dragged her there after all themselves), at this point in time they have no reason to actively dislike her, especially one of the sisters as they have no interest in running the company anyway. Two would also probably be happy with the status quo of their lives if Olivia did take over.

Are you serious? O_O Maviarab knows this game inside and out, and even more than many players who have played it. The OP has a link to his special sheet detailing the timeline, events, variables, flags, characters, and so on. (some of this information is exclusive at all and known only to the developer, and now to us). So let's just agree that this joke of yours is not a good one. :)

As for the rest of what you wrote, I agree with you here (although much of it is explained in plain text in the game itself, particularly why Olivia should be where she ended up). ;)
I think his warning was directed for anyone who has not played yet, not to me ;)

My sisters (if I had any) do not compete with me to inherit the largest company in the world, the Karlsson sisters do. Truth be told, Tess really needs to come up with a satisfying explanation of why everybody respects the rules of the Gambit and doesn't hire assassins to kill other siblings. The 'Oh, it was a stipulation of Alexander's will' won't work, because history clearly shows us that the will of the deceased rarely mattered when there were several contenders to the throne. It's even true for other fictional worlds based on feudal laws (like Dune or Game of Thrones).
All excellent and fair points Sharp. There has to be something that we, currently are blissfully unaware of that forces everyone to play the 'game'.

Last edited:

Lazarusrv

May 2, 2017

As for her rank as Z3, it couldn't be any lower, since she's the warden of the JF and some staff members are Z2 (the Doctor) and Z1 (Kitty). Z4, on the other hand, would be too much for someone who's yet to prove herself. And putting her into K-program would require a rewrite of an entire story and characters, which is just unrealistic.

I think his warning was directed for anyone who has not played yet, not to me ;)
When i read Stan5851 post i sincerly didn't know about what he was refering :rolleyes:

I know that Maviarab Knows much more than me about the game, after all i'm only a Neofite, the comentary was for who are reading the posts without playing episode 8 or at least most of the game

:cry:

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020

Huh? None of the sisters (including Vernoica) would actually be able to run the company by themselves. Even with each other, they were nearly done in by some revolts and the DeKocks are a serious threat to them and have been circling around like vultures waiting for an opportunity, which, it seems like they've finally found. And yea, we still don't know what it is that Veronica cannot access without Callista's help.

The fact that they want to kill each other is more absurd than the fact that they haven't done so yet, IMO.

Mar 7, 2024
Well..have an evening away and the peasants start to revolt...or is that the peasants are revolting? I always get that mixed up ;) Some pretty disparaging stuff being said around here about your quean I might add!!!

Exactly, they also know how lovely I am and just the sweetest, most precious thing ever. Why would they not treat me nicely? :sneaky:

Plus (to our knowledge), none of Alexander's daughters were in the program.... and by the logic of the game itself, there should be no reason for Olivia to be in the program either.
Exactly, it would just be, well, beneath me, aside from the fact, as you say, none of my sisters did it, sure they had to 'prove themselves', which is exactly what I'm doing as the Warden.

As for her rank as Z3, it couldn't be any lower, since she's the warden of the JF
Of course. Just silly talk isn't it saying anything less!

with some daughters believing that they are just better than other people.
Oh I don't believe it, I full well know it! :devilish:

However the biggest reason why I think that Olivia was given such a high position is Elena. Sure she might have not known about their relationship from the start, but Callista did say to Olivia that she could trust Elena with her life, which makes me think that she should have at least talked with Elena before she disappeared, ensuring that Olivia would be in a good spot to participate in the gambit.
Ultimately I have a birth right to be on the board, they all know that. Was hardly my fault Callista took me away under threats of who-knows-what by daddy. The position was given by board vote, as the highest position there is without actually making me a board member. Not that I'm terribly happy about that but it is what it is for now. It matters not ultimately, I'll be sat behind that desk in the ivory tower soon enough.

I also think it would have been better to put Olivia in the same situation as Kane
but we can dream about a K4 Olivia :p).
*coughs*...umm, gentlemen, I think we need to have a little chat and sort out some misunderstandings you both very obviously have!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Olivia's interests in the company are represented by her mother, maybe i'm wrong but none of the others mothers are in the council.
Yvette is Veronica and Astrid's mother ;)

and the DeKocks are a serious threat to them and have been circling around like vultures waiting for an opportunity
And Phoebe tells both Yvette and Elena that they are no match for Cynthia and neither was Alexander...

Mar 8, 2024
Dark Quean Olivia my queen I apologize for not being available tomorrow as you know we had a rebel attack recently and I've got to Chuck 1,400 dread troopers out the airlock and then launch a secret attack on the recently discovered hidden rebel base war is hell anywho I do apologize in advance

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Maybe thats the reason because she seems to be so detached from the war for the control a part from other trifles matters like the end of the world

;)
I was actually only thinking during my last run through how little we actually see Yvette. Sure, she not in contention for running the company as will side with Vero in any decisions (ans is privvy now to Gambit information as is Elena), but she is conspicuously absent for large parts of the story so far....

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
I know that Maviarab Knows much more than me about the game, after all i'm only a Neofite, the comentary was for who are reading the posts without playing episode 8 or at least most of the game
I thought you were addressing him directly. Well, as usual, translation difficulties, no big deal. At least I know which of you guys is a native English speaker and will always be able to correct, pointing out semantic nuances and shades. You won't believe it, it's Maviarab again, haha...The circle is closed. :KEK:

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes