steelblake

Jan 8, 2018
Great news everyone!!

Sachima (the artist) reported that Karryn's Prison is a smashed hit. It achieved first place in term of sales on both DLsite and Steams. He (I guess) was excited about the future of Karryn's Prison but cannot say anything yet until they've disuccused with his team (Rem) first but excited nontheless. So it safe to say that we should get a DLC or sequel!!
Nice. Seems like the developer is also is a good path with two hits with Melty's quest and this one

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
Most eroge games choose the virgin or good ending as canon in their sequel. So I think they could go that route and the empress ending leave more room for character development and story progession.

If I were Rem I would make a sequel that Karryn is the Empress and need to manage the country and go around the kingdom to put an end to rebelions. I think that would be similar to Karryn's Prison but instead of floors we have towns and managing a kingdom rather than a prison. Karryn's Kingdom... I guess.

It would be hillarious if Karryn is still a virgin after marriage because the rebellion happen when they are still in the middle of wedding ceremony. So the emperror need to rush out immedietly. :LOL:
This right here. This is prime content. Man. Good Shit!

Reactions: Treatsxxx and Hipz

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
I wish they keep the RPGM games in RPGMaker MV or VX Ace.

I don't know what the allure of MZ is, but I don't see significant quality-of-life boosts (maybe it's easier to code? I don't know), and the only save editor I've managed to find can only edit the stats, and that's not always what I want.

As for Unreal Engine, my laptop literally cannot handle it. Either the game freezes, crashes (or freezes and THEN crashes) or I get BSOD.

If any devs are looking, please keep the RPGM in MV.

Hipz

May 25, 2019
As for Unreal Engine, my laptop literally cannot handle it. Either the game freezes, crashes (or freezes and THEN crashes) or I get BSOD.
Don't worry man. I don't think any doujin eroge developers like Rem would ever use Unreal Engine for their game development. Unreal Engine requires more coding skill than RPG maker and C++ is not an easy language to learn. Moreover, RPG maker has many availble assets for eroge games. Since it's engine of choice for eroge devs and it's the sole reason why doujin eroge games is booming in Japan. It's not the best engine but the easiest engine for making games in this genre.

Reactions: RedAISkye

NekoPi

Aug 22, 2021
I play on prisoner mode so much...idek how warden mode is. I never played on secretary mode, then again, I don't like easy modes in games. But damn, I'm so used to prisoner mode.

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
Oh god I wrote a wall text, this is embarrassing...
I LOVE this sort of stuff. I've been playing a lot but I still learn quite a fair bit. Consider writing or contributing to a guide. I'm sure many players would read it.

Thanks but I'd rather not cheat. It's not fun that way.

Trying out Secretary mode right now....It's piss easy but not due to the money generation. This feels more inline with the income you should be making (as you are restricted anyway due to needing edict points).
You can also try out CC Mod once it gets updated. It lets you set the gain reputation points for the sidejobs. So, instead of getting 1 rep point for Waitress, you can set... 3 or 4, etc for each day completed. I like to set to 3 and pass it off as prisoners talking that Karryn works at the bar. Income rises faster and the game is less grind. It's not really cheating as the game is truly set on grinding things out. Quality of life changes are vital, especially when it takes me a few nights to really enjoy the full freedom of the prison (no pun intended).

Sep 12, 2018
Great news everyone!!

Sachima (the artist) reported that Karryn's Prison is a smashed hit. It achieved first place in term of sales on both DLsite and Steams. He (I guess) was excited about the future of Karryn's Prison but cannot say anything yet until they've disuccused with his team (Rem) first but excited nontheless. So it safe to say that we should get a DLC or sequel!!
A sequel is the least probable thing I see happening.
DLC is more likely since Karryn is a hit, plus this was a game made after they failed with their last one.
I rather them moving on to another game and improving it with all the feedback they got from Karryn's Prison.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedAISkye

Yukihirou

Feb 4, 2018
A sequel is the least probably thing I see happening.
DLC is more likely since Karryn is a hit, plus this was a game made after they failed with their last one.
I rather them moving on to another game and improving it with all the feedback they got from Karryn's Prison.
This is the second gamethey make together, both being a hit. Which one did they fail again ?

Reactions: Dosa with spice

Suncatcher42

Aug 12, 2019
I don't see a sequel happening. The concept of the game doesn't really go outside the prison itself. They could re-use some characters in whatever game they make next, but I think that they'd rather run with one of the other eroge ideas I'm sure they've come up with in the past few years instead of trying to stretch Karryn further than she can go. Maybe have an entirely separate adventure where the princess heroine happens to be Karryn's daughter?

DLC though? Very likely. Melty's Quest iirc went through to version 1.2 with post-release content, and Karryn is even more successful. I'm guessing we'll see more side jobs (Librarian? Nurse? Teacher? Fitness trainer? Shopkeeper?) Maybe some more unprofessional activities (playing around with the showers on level 3, or the pool on level 4?), possibly an outfit-changing system, maybe new enemy types (the combat system pretty much requires them to have a dick, but other than that the sky is the limit), etc. Maybe new ending possibilities, like Karryn going full criminal and becoming a minion to the Captain, or becoming an evil overlord leading a rebellion against the empire.

Sep 12, 2018
This is the second gamethey make together, both being a hit. Which one did they fail again ?
Seems you already got the answer but they canned it after the game got bogged down by feature creep.
This game is finished but a lot of the elements in it got cut out or didn't make it into the final build.
While I do have fun playing it I really wanted to see the corruption mechanic pay off in Karryn's Prison.
Anyway the passive system they have and a few others from side jobs are steps in the right direction when it comes to this :3
My only concern is how long would a new game take but then again Rem would have switched to a new dev tool which takes the load off his hands from typing so much :unsure::coffee:

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
If my poor memory serve me right. I think it's this game
If I remember correctly Sachinama said in the past that this game would get a remake.(I might be wrong though)
Probably not and I don't think it was ever released as a game which is implied by the line:
the project was dead and all the artwork and design he had put into it won't be used.

Krude

Dec 21, 2021
Which plugin and chunk of code do I edit to disable night/exhibitionist mode?
To disable night mode (probably), go to \www\js\plugins\RemtairyKarryn.js and look for this chunk:

Code:
Game_Actor.prototype.refreshNightModeSettings = function() { 
    let points = 0;
    let mapId = $gameMap._mapId;

[...]
And just insert a return at the top to make it look like this:

Code:
Game_Actor.prototype.refreshNightModeSettings = function() { 
    return;
    let points = 0;
    let mapId = $gameMap._mapId;

[...]