thething

Oct 13, 2017
I see lot of people saying that they can't complete the game. Honestly if you fail go again try different build and understand what went wrong. Guards and prisoners on the first floor explain everything regarding the game mechanics. I actually envy you your blind playthrough because in my case I've tried everything already and completed the game on Hard difficulty, whole body sensitive, Masochism dormant desire + editing some JS. files to make game harder.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I see lot of people saying that they can't complete the game. Honestly if you fail go again try different build and understand what went wrong. Guards and prisoners on the first floor explain everything regarding the game mechanics. I actually envy you your blind playthrough because in my case I've tried everything already and completed the game on Hard difficulty, whole body sensitive, Masochism dormant desire + editing some JS. files to make game harder.
Man, you sound like you will do more than fine in Darkest Dungeon and LonaRPG.

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
everytime there is a new bug fix, we have to download the entire game again. Is there anyway around this? Like download only the bugfix and then overwrite it with the game ?

WhiteWallPaper29

Jan 17, 2021
So I started playing the game a while ago, and thought I'd try the modding I saw in the thread; I was able to enable saves in all difficulties and keep Karryn constantly naked fairly easily, but the problem is that the game is in permanent 'scandalous' mode. It's playable that way, sure, but I'd prefer it wasn't active. I've made some attempts at disabling it myself, mostly editing 'true' to 'false' in every "night mode" related function I could find in the main .js files (Prison and Karryn), but to no avail. Any advice would be much appreciated.

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
I need help, there is a way to disable the "Bliss" state or just making it more unlikely for appear after Cumming?

RockType

Oct 15, 2017
I need help, there is a way to disable the "Bliss" state or just making it more unlikely for appear after Cumming?
Yes, there are specific passives that do that, and also some specializations (very late in the edict-tree, unlocked through research) that erase it completely. I believe "Sadistic Orgasm" is the one that's fairly easy to get, and makes it unlikely if you've subdued any prisoners. Many of the passives you get for orgasming a lot (over time or in a row) also decrease bliss-chances.

Regelious

Aug 17, 2018

v9B.j Changelog

• Patrons in the Stripper side job might use Talk and Sight skills under certain circumstances.
  • Increased the amount of patrons that can show up to the Stripper side job based on Strip Club reputation, show duration and scandalous state.
  • A bunch of implemented but locked Talk and Sight related Passives are now obtainable.
  • The effects of the Passives 'Condoms are Substitute for Tips,' 'Latest Hot Style is Dressing Up With Condoms,' and 'Leering Pleasure' have been slightly changed.
  • Slightly easier to avoid fights in Level 1 and Level 2 after being defeated during Anarchy.
  • Minor bugs fixed.

pretty suprised that the thread hasnt been updated yet, dont forget to report the new updates so a mod can update the OP

Naohitokun

Sep 22, 2021
Late to the party but hooo boy this game does a lot of the stuff that I always wanted from eroges. Even in its current form its one of my favourites of all.

Reactions: Ironkid

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
Yes, there are specific passives that do that, and also some specializations (very late in the edict-tree, unlocked through research) that erase it completely. I believe "Sadistic Orgasm" is the one that's fairly easy to get, and makes it unlikely if you've subdued any prisoners. Many of the passives you get for orgasming a lot (over time or in a row) also decrease bliss-chances.
Thanks for the answer, but i already have all the orgasm related passives, my problem is that during the Strip job after a while my Karry gets 100+ pleasure for every inmate making it unplayable and i got bliss every turn

anyone

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone, Rem here with this week's Progress Report! And Announcement!!

First up, a reminder that v.9B.j is the current latest version of v.9B at the time of this post, and that Happy Supporters can now also download it! The link to v.9B is down below:

Now then, here's the main announcement and it is in regards to the beta v10 and the full release.

The full release is planned to be out on Steam and DLsite by the end of this year, 2021. And while nothing is certain in the future, I am pretty certain that there will be no voices on full release. In fact, the voices will most likely be patched into the game next year in 2022, way after the release.

There are several reasons for this, the two main ones being: 1. It takes a lot of time to create game audio files for each line out of raw recorded audio 2. The original Japanese voice actor is no longer available to provide voices for Karryn's Prison due to scheduling issues. We have already chosen a new Japanese voice actor, but it meant that the original estimated time table is even more delayed due to having spent time finding and contacting a new voice actor.

So we decided that we will focus on finishing all other aspects of the game first, and unless we have a lot of extra time left in the year to get the voice stuff working properly, we'll save the voice stuff for post release so we have one less issue to do super crunch time for before release.

What this means is that if you are only willing to play Karryn's Prison once it's voiced, then please just wait until voices are in the game before purchasing. I know a lot of people were looking forward to hearing Karryn voiced on release, so sorry for disappointing you all.

Next, about beta v10. As mentioned in the roadmap a while back, only Happy Lifers and Happy Eroge Life Forevers will have access to and be able to download v10. And once Karryn's Prison is fully released, all access and download links to alpha and beta versions will be removed, including v10. There is currently no release date for when v10 is coming out, nor do we know how long v10 will be available for. Maybe v10 will available until full release, or maybe it will only be available for testing for one week. I haven't decided yet.

But like I said in the roadmap, you definitely should not be subscribing to the Happy Life or Happy Eroge Life Forever tier just to get beta access. It really is just an extra perk for supporting us. If you are short on cash, then instead of subscribing to us for beta access, we would much rather you save up your money for full release, which will cost $30 with a 20% launch discount on Steam.

My hand is shaking while I'm typing this, and it's shaking because after three years of working day and night, we are finally close to the finish line for Karryn's Prison. So it's an exciting and anxious time right now. And we would like to thank everyone who have supported us in various ways during these three years. It's so close, and, it's so important to reach a proper closure for something like this.

As mentioned in the roadmap, Karryn's Prison will available on Steam and DLsite on release. I know that some people in certain countries can not access or purchase Karryn's Prison off of Steam. Unfortunately, that is a problem between Steam and those countries' policies. DLsite (and most likely, Fanza if approved) will be the only non-Steam alternatives around release, and there is NO PLANS to sell Karryn's Prison on any other storefronts for quite a while. You will be able to play Karryn's Prison in English from the DLsite (and Fanza) version, but do be noted that the DLsite (and Fanza) version will have mosaic censorship on genitals.

And that's it for the announcements! Now's the time for the Progress Report!

Since last week, Sachinama has been working on the Level 5 stuff like map, cutscene dialogue, and design for the Level 5 Defeated CG! So work on Level 5 is well under way! Meanwhile, I have actually been quietly and secretly working on backend stuff. Basically, I created a new system for storing and displaying text, and have been porting all the current text into this new system.

(Warning: Long story time!! Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!)

When I started working on Karryn's Prison, I already had experience with having a separate version of Meltys Quest for each language of the game. And I both know how tedious and time consuming it is to maintain and edit and upload each and every single version of Meltys Quest, and how it would be impossible to work together with Sachinama, or anyone, if there are two separate versions of Karryn's Prison that we have to develop at the same time, one English version and one Japanese version. So I came up with my own system of having both English and Japanese text for the game, be in the same version. And this worked out fine I guess.

But it came with a major flaw. And I didn't foresee this flaw at the start of development because my Javascript skill at that time wasn't good enough to have come up with a better solution. So this major flaw I'm talking about is this: The RPGMaker editor sucks ass.

Like dripping, sweaty, dirty donkey ass.

The problem is that when RPGMaker MV was released in 2015, it was already outdated in terms of the PC screen resolutions that were widely available and used outside of Japan. As a result, the RPGMaker MV editor is tiny, oh so, so tiny. And irritating. I touched on this a few months back (or has it been longer? probably.) when I blogged about buying a new monitor and how Sachinama warned me against buying a 4K monitor because it would be eyestrain-ingly impossible to use the RPGMaker MV editor on an even bigger monitor. Imagine typing into a textbox that is 3% the size of your monitor, and you need to use freaking vertical and HORIZONTAL scrollbars to move around the textbox even though you have all this real estate on your monitor.

So yeah, the RPGMaker editor sucks to type and edit text in. And it also sucks for literally everybody else who needs access to those text, such as proofreaders or translators. It sucks to pull text out of the RPGMaker editor for a proofreader/translator, and it sucks even more to put the text back in because you have to navigate this tiny ass textbox with vertical and HORIZONTAL scrollbars.

So as we head closer and closer to release, I had a decision to make. In the short term, I need to get the text from the RPGMaker MV editor outside for a proofreader to look over. In the long term, I need to get the text from the RPGMaker MV editor outside for translators looking to translate to their language. I could you know, just keep the text in the editor like we've been doing for the past three years, and grind my teeth as I manually get every single text out and back for a proofreader, and then think about converting to a new text system after release when I have more time.

But I didn't. Because I made a new text system since last week and I've been going through the long, painful manual task of slowly porting all the remaining text inside the RPGMaker editor to this new system which uses normal files that can be read and edit in modern programs like Notepad++ with modern features such as using up the full screen to display and edit text!!! And bigger font sizes!!!!

So yeah. Coming up with, creating, and then porting to this new text system has been my main work since last week, and probably for a week or two more to come. Now for basically everyone who plays the game, they won't notice any difference in the game because this is all backend stuff. But for my future sanity and any hopes of having other localizations post-release, I think this was a necessary if painful step.

Aaaaand, with all that, I think it's time to wrap up this week's post. Thank you for reading all this you champ, stay safe and see you next week!

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
Not sure what broke, but suddenly after .e release, Karryn, at level 48 (max level allowed in the game) tarted waking up with only 1362 stamina! She used to go up to mid 3000s! anyone else facing this issue?

Jun 17, 2020
Just came back to the game after a few months. What are the new scenes/jobs in v8 and v9. Like is there new defeat scenes or horse scene or what ever?

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Just came back to the game after a few months. What are the new scenes/jobs in v8 and v9. Like is there new defeat scenes or horse scene or what ever?
You know, you only have to click in the OP on Changelog and you will see all the changes of every single version right?

• Haha
Reactions: FearLs
4.60 star(s) 399 Votes