Ren'Py Katie's Corruption Remastered [v0.5] [3diddly]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
FYI my MOD fixed both those issues by highlighting the correct choice and I had removed all calls that stop rollback (and it fixes a bug with an uninitialized variable on the manipulation path if you refuse drugs at one point).
I recommended it to you to use it as a starting point when you announced your plans for the overhaul
Oh well, what is done is done :geek:

Even with rollback or a mod, at some points it gets silly. Like, Katie's talking to Hannah in the bathroom. Hannah has three completely random choices to pick from. Neither seems particularly more relevant than the others. But if you don't have Hannah ask Katie about her incoming wedding, and she doesn't tell her that having no confidence sucks, that's it. Any other choice and you have no access to giving corruption points to Katie, and you're completely locked into the "good" ending no matter what you do. Which is nothing, since the game becomes 100% linear from that point on.
It's maddening. It's a terrible choice and my main gripe with the game.
Never liked this in the game as well. I'll remove the rollback block in the next version.

You're not done right!

I mean you are still going to remaster it more?
Probably yes. Can't promise you though. My country just reached 100k deaths by covid19, so.. you never know :(

Last edited:

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
I'll remove the rollback block in the next version.
Could you also change the number of points needed to get the options? I guess that just changing the ifcorpoints == x options to lower value (1/2x, maybe?) until the good ending point shouldn't break the game or anything.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
This looks good and very interesting, this game was one of the first I played and it was among the best at the time.
SvenVlad Could you please tell me if I understood correctly: you took all the content (text and images) from the original game, so nothing is missed from the original game by now (or do you have still to port some of the content?). Then you corrected bugs, remade all the renderings and added brand new content (new scenes)? Like you have already expanded the content of the abandoned game?

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
This looks good and very interesting, this game was one of the first I played and it was among the best at the time.
SvenVlad Could you please tell me if I understood correctly: you took all the content (text and images) from the original game, so nothing is missed from the original game by now (or do you have still to port some of the content?). Then you corrected bugs, remade all the renderings and added brand new content (new scenes)? Like you have already expanded the content of the abandoned game?
I'm using the original game as base and rendering the same scenes that was in the game in a full 3D environment.
I'm still remaking the scenes and there's a lot to do yet.
So far, I don't have any plans to expand the game, except by adding beastiality content.

Reactions: OhWee

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing you redo more! it's such a massive improvement in picture quality, it's night and day :) How far into the game would you say you have made improved renders?
Also yeah I'm definitely also one of those that must have rollback past choices, else you have to quick save constantly... :)

Last edited:

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
are you still working on the game?... there will be new contents in future?

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes