What do you think is missing the most? (Won't include h-scenes they come with the next update)

• More world building

• More renders (Makes updates take longer!)

• More character developement

• More plot progression

• Better renders (Makes updates take longer!)

• Everyting above

• It's fine as it is now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Just out of curiosity - is score of 23 enough to get the true ending? Also what actions have an effect on that if I wanted to see the not true bad(worse?) ending?
23 is pretty good. You'll very likely pass this check at the end. (points are given differently later on.)
But there are a bunch of other checks including both stats and what path you took. I made it pretty generous tbh so most people will probably only need 1 more playthrough if they don't get it immediately. I don't want it to be too frustrating after all because the True end answers most questions that are left with the normal ending and I don't want people to get locked out of that~

Reactions: Shadowen

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
With all the cat ears and tails I see in the pictures, why doesn't this have a furry tag so people can filter it out?

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
With all the cat ears and tails I see in the pictures, why doesn't this have a furry tag so people can filter it out?
I think a look at a furry chart could help you out. It's called monster girl~

Also this could help to clarify:
Tags Rules
  • Furry [Anthropomorphic animal (Not to be confused with monster or humans with animal ears/tails).]

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
Oh man, this is getting a little uneven at this point.

I liked the basic idea of the story, and our main character was fine, and I really enjoyed her growing and getting new abilities which where quite interesting in their design, so that part worked for me. I kind of liked the romance between the cat and the fox, allthough that could have been done a little better, I think it needed more screentime in later parts of the story.

I think just before the second exam, the story began to fall appart little by little, more in the way it was put togehter than the idea of the story itself. Things felt disharmonic, I already talked about things seeming to be in the wrong order, which even if the main idea about those scenes are different, changing that wouldn't have changed the intended idea, but improve the flow (Talking about the order of S-Tier Mission and Training fight with Rumi)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In the last installment (0.7) I also think with everything taking a way more serious dimension, some of the more goofy things like the "baaay" stand out a lot. I also think some of the plotpoints with the headmaster, his blackmailed ally (Silicia) and some other people who are scheming in the background would need a little room to breathe, not just babbling nonsense (on the surface) but it's time to make their character motiviations a little more clear to us. Everyone has their own agenda, but I can't really see what and why, since some of it makes little sense with the amount of knowledge we have, and this method only works so far.

This feels like we are rushing to the ending, and that speed is not working in the favour of the story.

Reactions: anon513

jireir

May 26, 2018
I do agree that perhaps some of the recent parts feel a little bit too fast-paced but I wouldn't say that the story began to fall apart.

You're right I think in that some plot points could have more time spent on them but at the same time those characters specifically aren't that interesting to me personally.

But I kind of agree that the story seems to be going a bit too fast right now.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
Some sound-effects would be nice(music too but not as as important for now), though I don't know how easy it is to use free resources for that (at least for non-japanese stuff).

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
I REALLY disliked this recent update. For one thing it was way too kinetic novel for me.
"Become queen and have 0 choices" - great :cautious:
Also made me really dislike Hikari like never before.
Until now she was that innocent, ignorant girl that had her entire life upheaved with no fault of her own.

Last edited:

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
I REALLY disliked this recent update. For one thing it was way too kinetic novel for me.
Until now she was that innocent, ignorant girl that had her entire life upheaved with no fault of her own.
Same. Also the scenes before that were really bad for me, WAY TOO MANY people at that battle and I just zoned out. And it didn't stop, there are way too many people at this point.

The final nail in the coffin was when I saw the MC turning into that queenform, (I kinda wanted to see her turn more small but that's just my opinion,) I just pressed skip to the end of the demo.

The san/instinct system reminds me of Fate/Stay night...in a bad way. Alot of bad ends that will force you to reload from probably the very start of the game, even IF you have alot of saves.

E: In summary, I do like the VN overall, but I don't enjoy the last parts starting from that big fight in the forest.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon513

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
I just found this game and really loved it, however I am disappointed at the current moment. I went the friend route with Rumi after the initial play-through cause I really vibed with red head, and no matter the choices you make it seems outside of awkward situations with her like the bath scene, and if you don't go with Rumi route, you basically get no love action.

It could be this will be after the final battle and what not, but for Kari to be fine with dating Rumi, but with the idea of dating another she has no time for it seems odd. The writing is really good for me personally, some bits are rushed but alot of VN's are like that so it's not a major issue for me. Even though its not a harem game (unless it's a planned tag), if you are gonna have the option to seemingly pick between 2 love interest, should give more content to the other love interest as well otherwise just make it to were you only have one love interest

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Oh I have a lot to answer here... I try to make it short (and have to cuz the next and last version answers most questions)
Some of these answers are for more than one of you:

Oh man, this is getting a little uneven at this point.

I liked the basic idea of the story, and our main character was fine, and I really enjoyed her growing and getting new abilities which where quite interesting in their design, so that part worked for me. I kind of liked the romance between the cat and the fox, allthough that could have been done a little better, I think it needed more screentime in later parts of the story.

I think just before the second exam, the story began to fall appart little by little, more in the way it was put togehter than the idea of the story itself. Things felt disharmonic, I already talked about things seeming to be in the wrong order, which even if the main idea about those scenes are different, changing that wouldn't have changed the intended idea, but improve the flow (Talking about the order of S-Tier Mission and Training fight with Rumi)

In the last installment (0.7) I also think with everything taking a way more serious dimension, some of the more goofy things like the "baaay" stand out a lot. I also think some of the plotpoints with the headmaster, his blackmailed ally (Silicia) and some other people who are scheming in the background would need a little room to breathe, not just babbling nonsense (on the surface) but it's time to make their character motiviations a little more clear to us. Everyone has their own agenda, but I can't really see what and why, since some of it makes little sense with the amount of knowledge we have, and this method only works so far.

This feels like we are rushing to the ending, and that speed is not working in the favour of the story.
I already answered why the mission with Toru is before the training fight with Rumi. Maybe you missed it (message #190)

This update is mostly here to introduce the new characters which will be more important in Keepers 2 so I can see why it feelsout of place. The more goofy stuff is because I wanted a bit of a breather from all the drama going on before the finale.

For the motivations of all the people who plan behind the scenes: Most peoples motivations will be answered in the next update. The only exception is Kyouko. You'll see the result right at the end of the normal ending but you won't get to know how it happened (that's for Keepers 2 and take a turn at some point so it's more of a: what if scenario.)
What Silicia and the headmaster want should be somewhat clear at this point.

Some sound-effects would be nice(music too but not as as important for now), though I don't know how easy it is to use free resources for that (at least for non-japanese stuff).
I answerd that one a couple times by now: Because I'm way too picky with music and I'm not a music creator. I won't use "Free" music either because finding what I want is not gonna happen. I'm also unable to pay someone to make music for me. So until I earn enough money or someone wants to argue with me and doing music for free it's not gonna happen. I would love to have the music I have in mind in the game but I rather go without than with something I'm not comfortable with.

You should know that originaly I had planned 2 more bad endings for this update but I cut them out. One of which is the scene with alura in the bonus folder. But that would have meant that some people could have get locked into a bad end again and i wanted to avoid that. And yes this won't happen in kp2.
She still is that ignorant, innocent girl. It doesn't need an expert to tell a queen that she treats her people clearly wrong. Arrogant would be if she tells them exactly how to do it. But she just tells them not to treat them bad. That's a huge difference.

Same. Also the scenes before that were really bad for me, WAY TOO MANY people at that battle and I just zoned out. And it didn't stop, there are way too many people at this point.

The final nail in the coffin was when I saw the MC turning into that queenform, (I kinda wanted to see her turn more small but that's just my opinion,) I just pressed skip to the end of the demo.

The san/instinct system reminds me of Fate/Stay night...in a bad way. Alot of bad ends that will force you to reload from probably the very start of the game, even IF you have alot of saves.

E: In summary, I do like the VN overall, but I don't enjoy the last parts starting from that big fight in the forest.
Yeah... I won'tmake a fight like that with so many people involved ever again. I' also not happy with how that fight turned out.
And ehm... more small won't happen. I wan't to avoid the loli tag and I'm allready way to close on that in my opinion... (And kp2's mc is actually smaller~)
I also got enough feedback on the stat system already and it won't get used for kp2. This game began as some sort of test/training? for me to see if I can make a game and that's what came out of it. I haven't played fate/stay night so I can't compare but I got enough negative feedback to drop this stat system for future games.

I just found this game and really loved it, however I am disappointed at the current moment. I went the friend route with Rumi after the initial play-through cause I really vibed with red head, and no matter the choices you make it seems outside of awkward situations with her like the bath scene, and if you don't go with Rumi route, you basically get no love action.

It could be this will be after the final battle and what not, but for Kari to be fine with dating Rumi, but with the idea of dating another she has no time for it seems odd. The writing is really good for me personally, some bits are rushed but alot of VN's are like that so it's not a major issue for me. Even though its not a harem game (unless it's a planned tag), if you are gonna have the option to seemingly pick between 2 love interest, should give more content to the other love interest as well otherwise just make it to were you only have one love interest
The Rumi friend route is only there to skip the NTR event and is therefor not canon and will not give you the True ending.
I did this because a lot of peple complained about the upcoming ntr scene but I can see how this leads to confusion.
And yes you're right: Some parts are rushed currently... mostly because I want to end this game now and start with the next.
Speaking of: kp2 will have the harem tag. With more love interests and you can even join someone else's harem.

Now what I want to point out in general: Time skips in the game happen when nothing important happens that either contributes to a characters development or the story overall. What happens inside these timeskips is up to your imagination. I won't fill weeks with useless small talk. Could be just me but I tend topress the skip button as soon as I see that what happens on screen right now has nothing to do with the overall story or is important to characters. When a time skip happens you'll always have the information on how a typical day is playing out. For the current update this would mean:
I don't think you need me to repeat this more than once. And I also see why it can feel rushed or incomplete because of that.
I cut out as much unimportant things as possible so the story stays interesting and keeps going and it also shortens development time by a lot which in my opinion already take too long. Could be a bad thing but I probably won't change that type of story telling. Useless small talks are a distraction in my opinion and that's what I try to avoid~

fffewww... I hope that made a couple of things clear now. Have fun~

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
The Rumi friend route is only there to skip the NTR event and is therefor not canon and will not give you the True ending.
I did this because a lot of peple complained about the upcoming ntr scene but I can see how this leads to confusion.
And yes you're right: Some parts are rushed currently... mostly because I want to end this game now and start with the next.
Speaking of: kp2 will have the harem tag. With more love interests and you can even join someone else's harem.
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, and that makes sense cause NTR can be a touchy genre for some, so I wasn't sure if the route terminology for Rumi was effecting the potential love interests, thanks for clarifying! As for the rushing thing, I would hope no one is that upset over it, I think every VN has a bit of rushing here and there and it was obvious nothing significant was skipped over or anything.

I found myself really immersed in this and really love the story, the only constructive criticism I personally found were those two things, and with the clarrification the bigger criticism I had isn't valid haha.

Reactions: Lumari

jireir

May 26, 2018
I think it's ok, it does feel a bit rushed but it doesn't affect my interest adversely, I kind of figured out it's this part of the game where nothing of interest happens and that's why it took place. I'm a bit wary of the next MC being even smaller, I was feeling a bit iffy about this one even though petite characters are cool, just don't make her very young-looking please.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
As someone that played more than 200 hours in Rabi Ribi, I didn't even realise that you took some ideas from them until I looked at the checklist ingame.

Xzweerte

Nov 30, 2020
Nah, I was hoping it to be a more romantic version. But I guess we'll see in the future if is added in

jireir

May 26, 2018
I think the first part of the game is almost over so it could potentially be a thing but we wouldn't be controlling Kari's actions anymore.

Tealover

Nov 1, 2017
You should know that originaly I had planned 2 more bad endings for this update but I cut them out. One of which is the scene with alura in the bonus folder.
Now you got me curious. What was the other bad ending if you don't mind me asking?

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes