Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Damn sorry but here I Go -
Walkthrough mod ??
If anyone has do share thanks ✌
The game has a built in hint system at the top right of the screen that shows you the quests available
How much femdom in this? The "female domination" tag is often used differently than intended.
As per the dev's earlier reply to you. Only 6 scenes, see below earlier reply in this thread
On the side quests it has both a female being dominated by a male (mc) and a female dominating a male (mc) optional of course

Reactions: popsexstudio

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Does this 1.8.1 chapter save thing mean that first X save slots are in fact reserved depending how many chapters this game will eventually be? What if the chapter save rotated save slots only for page 1? I usually start with a save in 1-1 slot and as the journey goes forward so will my saves go through all slots until I have to "turn" the next page and so on.

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Does this 1.8.1 chapter save thing mean that first X save slots are in fact reserved depending how many chapters this game will eventually be? What if the chapter save rotated save slots only for page 1? I usually start with a save in 1-1 slot and as the journey goes forward so will my saves go through all slots until I have to "turn" the next page and so on.
The idea is that the automatic saves do not overlap so that the player can return to a chapter that has a decision that eventually impacted the relationship / steps in the plot that the player would have liked to choose differently.
I know that it is not ideal, for my next game I am planning to change the save / load screen to have an "end of chapter" category separate from the user saves.

Reactions: User1230

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
The idea is that the automatic saves do not overlap so that the player can return to a chapter that has a decision that eventually impacted the relationship / steps in the plot that the player would have liked to choose differently.
I know that it is not ideal, for my next game I am planning to change the save / load screen to have an "end of chapter" category separate from the user saves.
I haven't installed this version yet but I'd like to know if the player can disable this "important decision" feature. Also, this feature reminds me of Neko Fairys' end of week one exportable save in Maou-Sama. It doesn't use any normal/quick/auto save slots. Maybe you could consult him/her if you might find the feature useful. Quickly thinking seems like you need a player-made save instead of just a static "start chapter X" starting point. Or, just enable people naming their saves? :)

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I haven't installed this version yet but I'd like to know if the player can disable this "important decision" feature.
There is no "important decision" functionality, it is just a save that when you load, you will be in the beginning of the chapter with all your previous decisions preserved, so you don't have to play de game again from the beginning.

Quickly thinking seems like you need a player-made save instead of just a static "start chapter X" starting point. Or, just enable people naming their saves? :)
Allowing custom name saves is something that I will not change now, too complex and there's a risk of break save/load functionality.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
The game will save on the page you're looking at so I just advise advancing a page or two to an empty page when you think you've reached the end of the chapter.

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The game will save on the page you're looking at so I just advise advancing a page or two to an empty page when you think you've reached the end of the chapter.
This changed in this version 1.08.01.
Extracted from the change log:

v1.08.01 - 2021-02-09
- Full chapter 8

- Now auto save at the end of the chapters will be recorded as follows:
  • Chapter 1 - save 1-1
  • Chapter 2 - save 1-2
  • Chapter 3 - save 1-3
  • Chapter 4 - save 1-4
  • Chapter 5 - save 1-5 Windows - 2 -1 Android
  • Chapter 6 - save 1-6 Windows - 2 -2 Android
  • Chapter 7 - save 2-1 Windows - 2 -3 Android
  • Chapter 8 - save 2-2 Windows - 2 -4 Android
  • And so on...

Reactions: Mikedazz1

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I looked at save folder in my profile (~/.renpy/Killer-xyz/ yeah, running Linux). I have 13 pages of saves and the latest save was timestamped for June 2020. To be honest, I've forgotten the storyline and characters without starting the game so I think I'll wait this game to mature up some more until I'll restart this over.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This changed in this version 1.08.01.
Extracted from the change log:
Of course, if players create their own saves as they go along, this can easily overwrite a save a player may have from the past. Initially, I was going to suggest trying either the A or Q pages (automatic saves or quick saves) instead. Since the idea is to help players avoiding having to start over, the automatic saves would have been the better of the two, and it would never have the potential of overwriting player-made saves.

However, based on your changes with this release, you apparently want to create an automatic save for every single chapter of the game. So you're not just saving the latest data for the player so they keep their most recent data, but you're also giving "checkpoint" saves for each chapter. However, isn't that the point of players being able to manually save their games? I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for creating automatic saves that will overwrite player save slots.

If you want to force saves at the end of each chapter, maybe you could choose a page that's way past where everyone would normally have save files, like starting at Page 50 or Page 100 of saves. You can add a button to the Load page navigation (at the bottom) that would jump to the given page, so if a player ever needed to load the file, they can open the Load interface and click your customized button. I don't really know Ren'Py, but (under "File Actions") might be helpful. It looks like, once you've added a button to the navigation at the bottom, you can specify to which page that jumps; if so, you could easily take the players to the start-of-chapter saves you're creating.

——————————————

On a separate note, I'm confused by the following; which choice results in accompanying Roxy to face the Blasckwoods? Neither choice results in that for me; I just spent time with Meghan and then continued the game from there. I've attached my save file at that point, should that be helpful.

Killer Project – Meghan-Roxy.png

Reactions: monksims

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Of course, if players create their own saves as they go along, this can easily overwrite a save a player may have from the past. Initially, I was going to suggest trying either the A or Q pages (automatic saves or quick saves) instead. Since the idea is to help players avoiding having to start over, the automatic saves would have been the better of the two, and it would never have the potential of overwriting player-made saves.

However, based on your changes with this release, you apparently want to create an automatic save for every single chapter of the game. So you're not just saving the latest data for the player so they keep their most recent data, but you're also giving "checkpoint" saves for each chapter. However, isn't that the point of players being able to manually save their games? I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for creating automatic saves that will overwrite player save slots.

If you want to force saves at the end of each chapter, maybe you could choose a page that's way past where everyone would normally have save files, like starting at Page 50 or Page 100 of saves. You can add a button to the Load page navigation (at the bottom) that would jump to the given page, so if a player ever needed to load the file, they can open the Load interface and click your customized button. I don't really know Ren'Py, but (under "File Actions") might be helpful. It looks like, once you've added a button to the navigation at the bottom, you can specify to which page that jumps; if so, you could easily take the players to the start-of-chapter saves you're creating.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into it.

On a separate note, I'm confused by the following; which choice results in accompanying Roxy to face the Blasckwoods? Neither choice results in that for me; I just spent time with Meghan and then continued the game from there. I've attached my save file at that point, should that be helpful.

View attachment 1040106
This is a bug, the text is wrong, its a simple "What to do prompt".

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
3.70 star(s) 28 Votes