VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Who knows? I mean 'Gates Motel' made a come back today after about 2 years.(Maybe a little less?) So, maybe another miracle could happen. ;)
Honestly... I want that miracle on Love and Submission... the quality of that game was good.

Dev did come back at one point, but their mind was too overbloated with ideas that they got overwhelmed with it and left again.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Honestly... I want that miracle on Love and Submission... the quality of that game was good.

Dev did come back at one point, but their mind was too overbloated with ideas that they got overwhelmed with it and left again.
I remember that game. Was pretty good if I remember right. My memory isn't dependable these days.

Reactions: bobdillan

mickaj001

Jan 20, 2020
Hello
I would like to know for when the rest of your story because I love it well and I am staying on my hunger . I’m not a fan of zombies but your story gives me another vision of zombies . I’m writing to you to find out if you quit the game or if you’re late.
Cordially

Aug 14, 2018
Hello
I would like to know for when the rest of your story because I love it well and I am staying on my hunger . I’m not a fan of zombies but your story gives me another vision of zombies . I’m writing to you to find out if you quit the game or if you’re late.
Cordially
Sorry to have bad news:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And afaik he has not been posting anything since.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Sorry to have bad news:

And afaik he has not been posting anything since.
When was this post? I have a feeling that I reed it already, very long time ago. I am really disapointed. not about developer, or the game. The game is one of the best in the genre. Dev was here all the time, no problem. He said what he thought. I hope somebody will continue this one. I have feeling that 40% of games I start get aborted. Some sooner, some later. Some just die between updates. Some live for a year and then just vanish.
I was happy for Now&Then, dev pushed it to the end. But no really patreon support. Bearly 1k/month. Game was updated monthly. Yes, once per month and updates were big. About 20-30 minutes long.
Now there is Deadmoon survival, really good game, reasonable long updates, good story, renders are good, updates every 3 months (cca), but not well supported.
Hot Sand of Antarctica? Not really zombie game, but a good one. Supporters numbers are not too good either.
Only Desert Stalker is good about support. It's a good game, no doubt, but not soo good it could explain difference. And little too sanboxy for me. I only really like VN without sandbox elements, A good story.
Most people here only can only ask; when update, When it will be leaked, why is dev so slow, why was it cancalated? + trolls, there must be a troll farm in vicinity. Nobody reach to his pocket and pay something. A dollar, euro, something. Nobody think about developer, only game. I payed for a few games, some are still here, some were canceled. Some with few supporters, some with many. There is no rule. Nobody has unlimited amount per month. But I will always have heart for small developers with good idea, good game, good story. And I will continue to support them. Mostly them. A big developer will always have supporters, but small one no. It's not a problem for big dev too lose 300 patreons, he will become them back, new will come. When a small dev loses them, it could be half of his income. It sucks when a good game is canceled, but your $, euro, something could save this dev.

This game was one of the first post apocalyptic VN's here, I played it from day one. That's the reason for this long text. When this game was on patreon, it was too really underpaid. Then dev pull out of patreon and start develop it for just us. But it's clear that could not work forever.

Reactions: Immoral Player

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
You can literally click the dev's hyperlinkewd name to go to the post in question which has a timestamp...
Yes, that's that. I knew i read it. Thx. Sometimes I forget about links. People ussualy jost copy text and post it here.

mickaj001

Jan 20, 2020
Hello
I have a question for you.
Why a game like this passes it to abandoned after some time ( 2 years after the last update) while the creator is working on it and some games that they have their last update in 2018 and the creator no longer gives sign of life since and does nothing even a new games are not going to be abandoned . I am doing a little cleaning on my hard drive and I discover that games have no sequel and are from 2018 2019 and 2020 and are not going to be abandoned
Cordially

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Hello
I have a question for you.
Why a game like this passes it to abandoned after some time ( 2 years after the last update) while the creator is working on it and some games that they have their last update in 2018 and the creator no longer gives sign of life since and does nothing even a new games are not going to be abandoned . I am doing a little cleaning on my hard drive and I discover that games have no sequel and are from 2018 2019 and 2020 and are not going to be abandoned
Cordially
Sorry to say but Inkalicious isn't working on it anymore, actually.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Just finished Chapter 5, great game really hope the dev comes back and give the game a ending it deserves.
We all hope for years now, the reality is that hope is starting to fade away. That was, I think, first of that genre. It is for specific public and people don't support it enough. And later they whine about being canceled. If you search for good dystopian games now, choices are limited; Deadmoon Survival, if you haven't play Now and Then, wait a little more Director's cut is very near to completion and last is Hot Sand of Antarctica. (All VN, no sandbox) If you're good for sandbox games, there are few good ones too.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
We all hope for years now, the reality is that hope is starting to fade away. That was, I think, first of that genre. It is for specific public and people don't support it enough. And later they whine about being canceled. If you search for good dystopian games now, choices are limited; Deadmoon Survival, if you haven't play Now and Then, wait a little more Director's cut is very near to completion and last is Hot Sand of Antarctica. (All VN, no sandbox) If you're good for sandbox games, there are few good ones too.
The game had never been on Patreon and the Author never asked for money. The point is that he found out that he had better things to do and dropped. Period.

Reactions: Tsopanis

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
The game had never been on Patreon and the Author never asked for money. The point is that he found out that he had better things to do and dropped. Period.
He was at first on Patreon, but there was some problems with them, can't remember what... After that there was one or two more updates and from that, we are in this situation. (You can check yourself, post n0.39, his (now abandoned) patreon page. I played it from day one, can't remember now, but it's possible I was patreon too. I like first games from a new developer and if it's good (and it must be VN, nothing else) I will probably pay for it. Not maximum, usually small payments).

Reactions: darlic

Readyforwhat

Apr 20, 2021
Guys,It's been several months since Ink's last update on the game's progress in July last year. I noticed he never logged in again from that time. I hope everything goes well with him.

And to be honest, I also played some apocalypse VN games like Now and Then and desert stalker blabla. They're also wonderful,both the story and model of the characters. But Ink's game gave me a total different feeling. He successfully achieved the balance between perv actions and the story. Making u feel excited and satisfied. Especially the dirty talk dialogue,definitely the best I've ever played. It would be a pity that we abandon this game.

Since Ink mentioned before,about finding someone else to continue working on this game. Is there anyone could continue this game based on the current version?Or we can send it to some authors to complete it. Maybe we can pay for them. Just suggestion,what do u think?

Mtgwo

Aug 28, 2017
Guys,It's been several months since Ink's last update on the game's progress in July last year. I noticed he never logged in again from that time. I hope everything goes well with him.

And to be honest, I also played some apocalypse VN games like Now and Then and desert stalker blabla. They're also wonderful,both the story and model of the characters. But Ink's game gave me a total different feeling. He successfully achieved the balance between perv actions and the story. Making u feel excited and satisfied. Especially the dirty talk dialogue,definitely the best I've ever played. It would be a pity that we abandon this game.

Since Ink mentioned before,about finding someone else to continue working on this game. Is there anyone could continue this game based on the current version?Or we can send it to some authors to complete it. Maybe we can pay for them. Just suggestion,what do u think?
I would like to recommend you (and everyone else) the one called ''DeadMoon Survival'', it's a really good one and reminds me a lot about Kindread.

I hope everything is fine with Inka.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes