VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hello all. I’m not Inkalicious, just a friend here to pass on an update.

There’s no easy way to start but Inkalicious has been in hospital and out-patient care for a long time now. I’m not going into specifics but he’s expected to make an almost full physical recovery and is receiving the best care and support from family, friends and fantastic professionals.
I’m here because I shared a flat with Ink when he first started this and the only one irl who knows about this. I also got into VNs through his work and this site, so thanks Ink? I’m also here because he’s an idiot who feels guilty about leaving this unfinished with no updates. (He’ll read this. So yes, you’re an idiot)
I’ve read the comments here and understand why he feels bad about this, so here I am with some updates.

So, firstly, he’s sorry (think we covered the idiot bit) and he’s very happy that people still remember this, even if they’re sad or pissed off at the unfinished state. He still intends to release the text-only with the models but he doesn’t have access to the PC they’re on. I definitely don’t want to search through his files to find them as there are many versions and different folders, no idea if I’d get everything and who knows what else I’d find. We both don’t want that. So Ink will get around to it when he’s able.

To the people who want to continue this with their own story. Ink says go for it. He’s all about collaboration and thinks it’s great that people are interested enough to continue it. I’ve suggested that maybe instead of trying to get the files he just gives an outline of the story and paths and others can fill the dialogue and images. He’s a perfectionist though so we’ll see.

He knows the related, and of course unfinished, Kindread game was released here. The idea behind that was to introduce a smaller VN with characters and story that will appear in the main game, but stand alone. It’ll never be finished and does have an uncomfortable start, so here’s a spoiler of the whole thing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To any Patreons that are still around, sorry I couldn’t get the login to work and it’s too complicated to fix it. So this is the only place I’ll update and Ink will deal with it when he can.

I think I've covered everything he wanted so this will be the last time I login as Ink. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s back to his smutty ways.
I’d just like to add that I’ve been very impressed and touched with the general vibe on this thread, and Ink definitely has been. Hope everyone keeps well and this is not-Inkalicious wishing you all the best.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

There’s no easy way to start but Inkalicious has been in hospital and out-patient care for a long time now. I’m not going into specifics but he’s expected to make an almost full physical recovery and is receiving the best care and support from family, friends and fantastic professionals.
I’m here because I shared a flat with Ink when he first started this and the only one irl who knows about this. I also got into VNs through his work and this site, so thanks Ink? I’m also here because he’s an idiot who feels guilty about leaving this unfinished with no updates. (He’ll read this. So yes, you’re an idiot)
I’ve read the comments here and understand why he feels bad about this, so here I am with some updates.

So, firstly, he’s sorry (think we covered the idiot bit) and he’s very happy that people still remember this, even if they’re sad or pissed off at the unfinished state. He still intends to release the text-only with the models but he doesn’t have access to the PC they’re on. I definitely don’t want to search through his files to find them as there are many versions and different folders, no idea if I’d get everything and who knows what else I’d find. We both don’t want that. So Ink will get around to it when he’s able.

To the people who want to continue this with their own story. Ink says go for it. He’s all about collaboration and thinks it’s great that people are interested enough to continue it. I’ve suggested that maybe instead of trying to get the files he just gives an outline of the story and paths and others can fill the dialogue and images. He’s a perfectionist though so we’ll see.

He knows the related, and of course unfinished, Kindread game was released here. The idea behind that was to introduce a smaller VN with characters and story that will appear in the main game, but stand alone. It’ll never be finished and does have an uncomfortable start, so here’s a spoiler of the whole thing.

To any Patreons that are still around, sorry I couldn’t get the login to work and it’s too complicated to fix it. So this is the only place I’ll update and Ink will deal with it when he can.

I think I've covered everything he wanted so this will be the last time I login as Ink. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he’s back to his smutty ways.
I’d just like to add that I’ve been very impressed and touched with the general vibe on this thread, and Ink definitely has been. Hope everyone keeps well and this is not-Inkalicious wishing you all the best.
Thank you for sharing the info with us on behalf of Ink.
Please send him my best wishes for a speedy full recovery.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

Yeah, I wish him best wishes from me too. And from anybody who's his fan. We're still love this game becouse it's one of the best in this genre. And it was one of the first one too. Get well...

HaomaruX

Jul 10, 2017

Mate, I hope the best for Ink. Thanks for updating us, I'm so glad to hear news. And for you, Inkalicious: Get better, stay safe, take your time to recover. I at least will wait for your amazingness to come back.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I always worry when a developer suddenly disappears. It makes sense why that can happen, which is why I worry. Honestly, I care far less about the VN than I do about folks staying healthy, mentally and physically. From everything I've seen, being an indie dev is generally a rough gig and extremely taxing. It takes someone far more durable than I am to do this type of work, especially if it's solo. I have the utmost respect for Inkie and wish him nothing but a speedy and full recovery. Take care of yourself, sir. For as much as the saying gets mocked online, with all sincerity: thoughts and prayers (or your equivalent of that). Heart.png

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I always worry when a developer suddenly disappears. It makes sense why that can happen, which is why I worry. Honestly, I care far less about the VN than I do about folks staying healthy, mentally and physically. From everything I've seen, being an indie dev is generally a rough gig and extremely taxing. It takes someone far more durable than I am to do this type of work, especially if it's solo. I have the utmost respect for Inkie and wish him nothing but a speedy and full recovery. Take care of yourself, sir. For as much as the saying gets mocked online, with all sincerity: thoughts and prayers (or your equivalent of that). View attachment 3073143
You're right, we saw (too) many good developers to disappear for various reason. Some devs did came back, some didn't... Some reasons are minor, some dubious, some, well, you know... It's not always easy not to judge their reasons, but I wish all them the best... At the end, we speak about a game, some things are more important than any game.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022

As one of many people on this site, this was my first VN and I fell in love with it, so when I saw a post from Inkalicious this morning I was really happy.

Even though youre not Inkalicious, seeing a message from him and hearing that he's in the hospital expecting to make a full recovery has really made my month (hell maybe year)

Even though you're not him, I'm still happy knowing this game has a chance to continue on, as well as knowing that Inkalicious plans to come back. I hope he makes a speedy recovery, and I wish you and Inkalicious well. Thank you for filling us (his fans) in; it really means alot.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, the post's incipit made me think for the worst straight away (it's never a good sign when a friend/relative posts on their behalf), but I'm happy knowing things are getting better. We'll welcome Ink warmly once he joins this forum again. For the time being, get well soon and keep us updated if possible ;)

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
He knows the related, and of course unfinished, Kindread game was released here. The idea behind that was to introduce a smaller VN with characters and story that will appear in the main game, but stand alone. It’ll never be finished
He said on Patreon that the 2nd chapter of Kindread Tales was almost done. Can you at least release that?

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020

Wait what happened to the wheelchair girl

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019

Damn, sounds like he was in a shit situation, but I'm glad he's gonna be able to go home eventually. Give him some positive vibes from the thread.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018

I'm glad that he's expected to make a full recovery.
I like many worry when a Dev goes radio silent. I'm wishing him a speedy recovery and tell him to take his time coming back. We ABSOLUTELY want more of The Redburns, but health and happiness of a fellow human is so much more important.

So thank you Ink-friend and give our best to Inkalicious!

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021

Manny Tearson, at your service. I was getting ready to announce working on this in exactly 2 months. But if INK need any help, tell him to come and see me. I usually help all sorts of Devs, anyway. Mostly coding. But if he wants me to start creating renders and whatnot, I can do that, too. I'm friendly as shit. So, give me a holler! And tell him to get better soon, aye?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Manny Tearson, at your service. I was getting ready to announce working on this in exactly 2 months. But if INK need any help, tell him to come and see me. I usually help all sorts of Devs, anyway. Mostly coding. But if he wants me to start creating renders and whatnot, I can do that, too. I'm friendly as shit. So, give me a holler! And tell him to get better soon, aye?
Last time I saw what a cow left behind, "friendly" is not the adjective that came to mind. :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: DeePee

Readyforwhat

Apr 20, 2021
Life is ha

Life is hard like always,but anyone who made through it would be the best. Sincerely wish ink would fully recover from the disease and back on the game

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes