VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Chapter Three production is still ongoing and part of that production has been changing to a larger resolution. Chapter Three will be the first release in 1920 x 1080.

I originally chose the smaller resolution to create a tighter. more claustrophobic environment, but that concept didn't match the reality of showing the VN at its best or meeting players expectations.

It'll mean a larger file size, and the save thumbnails will look strange for a while, but hopefully you'll enjoy the new resolution.

I'm gonna call it remastered...

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
Is it just me or is the whole "male protagonist is a massive pervert" getting to be a boring cliche. Not to mention how so many of these games have the women antagonistic toward the protagonist and constantly throwing insults MC. It's as though the dev's of a lot of these games have their hormones on overload and have some weird fetish about the MC being treating like an old rug by the other characters.

It's one thing to start a game where the MC has to build up a relationship with the other characters. But it makes no sense to have game after game after game, in which the MC starts out as a pathetic pervert and looked down upon the other characters.

Not only that but I see the same mistakes over and over with these games.

There's no justification for it.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Is it just me or is the whole "male protagonist is a massive pervert" getting to be a boring cliche. Not to mention how so many of these games have the women antagonistic toward the protagonist and constantly throwing insults MC. It's as though the dev's of a lot of these games have their hormones on overload and have some weird fetish about the MC being treating like an old rug by the other characters.

It's one thing to start a game where the MC has to build up a relationship with the other characters. But it makes no sense to have game after game after game, in which the MC starts out as a pathetic pervert and looked down upon the other characters.

Not only that but I see the same mistakes over and over with these games.

There's no justification for it.
Are you sure we have been playing the same game, mate? I agree that it's a cliché at this point, but I don't see how that's an issue really. A cliché can become a cliché, because it works. Not for everyone, sure. But it works. What's more important here is that in this exact case, the female cast is not exactly antagonistic towards the MC. It's more like they are distancing themselves as a sort of defensive behaviour. The MC too has some troubles with his own perverted behaviour (even though he very clearly uses self-deception to avoid changing and tell himself that it's not his fault).

Personally, I find this one to be a lot more fleshed out so far in terms of characters than most other games out there with the similar cliché you described.
Also, if you really looked around thoroughly, then every single game you find is a "boring cliché" in one way or another. Flipping out because of that is kinda meh.

Lastly, not everything needs to be justified.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
so,does this game get its update every 3 months? cause last update is from Feb.
That's what I assumed as well. But haven't seen any activity from the dev. Someone who actually pledges might have more info. Last thing ink said is that the art for Ch1-2 is being remade in higher res as well as work being done on Ch3. Take whatever you want from that.

Reactions: orcagaming

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That's what I assumed as well. But haven't seen any activity from the dev. Someone who actually pledges might have more info. Last thing ink said is that the art for Ch1-2 is being remade in higher res as well as work being done on Ch3. Take whatever you want from that.
The last update on his Patreon was April 11, when he posted a poll. I know he's said he's incredibly busy. Hopefully he can post an update soon, even if it's not the next chapter's release. I worry when creators go dark; hopefully things are going well for Ink.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ch3_PromoA.jpg

First an apology.

Without going into too much, or any, detail, I had a few IRL hiccups which took up all of my brain space this last while. And I don't have much of that to spare.

However I'm sorry for the lack of updates.

But I have one for you now.

I'll be releasing Chapter 3 at the end of this week. I'm still testing it, tweaking copy and images, but it's done.

And I'll also give an update about the HTML project this week.

See you in a few days!

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
This game deserves way, way more patrons than there currently are.

Cool story, great dialogues and characters... the only real problem I can possibly find is the lack of a consistent release schedule and duration for each release, but I guess this game is well worth the wait and pledging, since charges are per creation and inkalicious is the only dev I know to adopt this payment method.

I already played Ch3 and rest assured it will not leave you disappointed.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes