VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
So i finally got around to playing this for the first time as it was in my backlog and i must say this is one my new favorite games. I love zombies and sex though so i might be biased.

Anyways i went in thinking it was going to be like The American Comic- The Crossed. Now for any who don't know what this is, a short summary would be A rage virus that turn human into sex crazed, killing monster who hunt human to eat and Sexually assault them both Male and female. You read that right too, an actual american comic not a Japanese comic or Hentai(though there is a hentai that is similar too it I'll edit the name later for those researchers out there.).

Edit:The hentai name is Kansen(series) for those researchers out there.

Anyway I'm getting distracted. The story is actually interest because reading the plot here i thought it was going to be one of those they're confined to 1 place and the MC is just going to seduce them and have sex the end. So i was suprised that it branched out and even introduced potential future threats outside of zombies.

The only negative i would say though is that the Mom or sister option doesn't matter, i feel that the sister is forced on you even if you don't try to get with her. I would've liked if it had the sticked that you was only interested in The Mom and vice versa with both being the 3rd option. Though i understand if this is what the dev wanted to happen or that the story is still in development so it's not a major problem. It was just weird that he went from somewhat being mad at her to ready to free use her when he's already with the mom.

Oh don't get me wrong the dialogue choices are good so far. I played through multiple times and realized i missed scenes like a hj from the mom because i was being to aggressive in questioning her motives. So i think that's good that choices matter. It was just The Mom or sister thing should have mattered more imo.
In your FAQ you mention that there's currently only one dominance path, for the mother. But you also mention that a choice early in chapter one sets you on the romance path specifically with the sister. Is that just relevant for planned future content, or is there actually a second path available with the sister?
Bundling replies as they both touch upon a similar topic.

The original paths, for both characters, are to romance them or not. And the paths matter, beyond the jiggly scenes.

And yep, all paths lead to some intimate moments with both characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
However things are changing and about to get a bit more complicated.

Oh, and loved the Crossed series.
Each Chapter has post-apocalyptic movie / comic / book easter eggs within the dialogue and there's one for the Crossed in Chapter 4.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Bundling replies as they both touch upon a similar topic.

The original paths, for both characters, are to romance them or not. And the paths matter, beyond the jiggly scenes.

And yep, all paths lead to some intimate moments with both characters.
However things are changing and about to get a bit more complicated.

Oh, and loved the Crossed series.
Each Chapter has post-apocalyptic movie / comic / book easter eggs within the dialogue and there's one for the Crossed in Chapter 4.
Oh, there's an easter egg? I didn't even notice, though i haven't read The Crossed in years so i probably forgot it. The Crossed-Badlands had a lot of short stories that tied in what happened around the world. I thought it was going to be similar from all the Nude Zombies i saw. Wait was that the easter egg when they joked about him picking the nude Female Zombie as a blockade so he could do lewd things to it? If not Either way I'll try to spot it as I'm currently trying out different options with saving that girl in the closet at the mall.

Also I'm fine with the harem setting since it's intended to be that way. I didn't dislike the sister to begin with, i just thought if you chose certain options he wasn't going to attempt to be with her from a dialogue point of view.

Example when you talk with the mom in the kitchen about joining her on the scavenging or staying to bond with your Sister, i thought the going out meant you didn't want to fix it with your sister as she was the topic of discussion prior to the choice. I think it was just how the dialogue was worded that confused me.

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
Really liked the update and the plot progression so far. I also like how the girls relationship with the mc is developing so far. Sam saying I love you and the mc having the option to say it back was great. More romance is never a bad thing neither is making out with them (which was fantastic!).

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Oh, there's an easter egg? I didn't even notice, though i haven't read The Crossed in years so i probably forgot it. The Crossed-Badlands had a lot of short stories that tied in what happened around the world. I thought it was going to be similar from all the Nude Zombies i saw. Wait was that the easter egg when they joked about him picking the nude Female Zombie as a blockade so he could do lewd things to it? If not Either way I'll try to spot it as I'm currently trying out different options with saving that girl in the closet at the mall.

Also I'm fine with the harem setting since it's intended to be that way. I didn't dislike the sister to begin with, i just thought if you chose certain options he wasn't going to attempt to be with her from a dialogue point of view.

Example when you talk with the mom in the kitchen about joining her on the scavenging or staying to bond with your Sister, i thought the going out meant you didn't want to fix it with your sister as she was the topic of discussion prior to the choice. I think it was just how the dialogue was worded that confused me.
Now I feel guilty.
Don't try too hard to find specific easter eggs. They're all dialogue and either directly quote, or reference, bits from post-apocalyptic media. For example, the Crossed easter egg is currently one word, that you overhear, in Chapter 4.

On Sam and choosing to scavenge...

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

Rain90

Oct 26, 2019
Really liked the update and the plot progression so far. I also like how the girls relationship with the mc is developing so far. Sam saying I love you and the mc having the option to say it back was great. More romance is never a bad thing neither is making out with them (which was fantastic!).
Wait what??? Did I find some older edition because I just finished and never saw this part??

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
Wait what??? Did I find some older edition because I just finished and never saw this part??
I prioritized Sam in the game and always chose romantic actions with her. Maybe you went the other path with that other chick whatever her name is.

Rain90

Oct 26, 2019
I prioritized Sam in the game and always chose romantic actions with her. Maybe you went the other path with that other chick whatever her name is.
Hmmm... I mean I tried that too, that was my intention. And I only saw the other girl once? Can't prioritize her at the first meeting?

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Hmmm... I mean I tried that too, that was my intention. And I only saw the other girl once? Can't prioritize her at the first meeting?
Mmmmm. The girl you only saw once, was that Marie? The girl trapped in the room? She has no effect on your other relationships.
At the moment you can romance both main characters, or choose to focus on one, with no effect on the others path. But there are sometimes shades of grey in some decisions.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ex789

Sep 24, 2018
Saw this on the front page and had to try it. Not even done with chapter 1 yet, but amazing game. Playing with the incest patch installed.

Great work man, keep it up. Looking forward to future releases. Will try your other games soon.

Reactions: inkalicious

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
So I went looking for a patreon account to see when a new update might be coming and it seems as usual patreon are being dicks. If your interested in earning money from this game then I suggest you check out . All the people who have had issues with patreon have been moving over there.

Love the game so far and can't wait to see more.

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
Excuse me if I'm doing a stupid question, but wasn't supposed to be a second part update around this date?

4.60 star(s) 88 Votes