VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
If what you're talking about is Megan taking her top off after the shower, you need her affection to be high enough.

Follow this when talking to her

Basement
Its you
Dont ask + keep pants on
Kiss me
Wash cup properly
Beginning
Yes I'll Stay
Mention shower
Her needs
Either
Thanks jamdan , just a slight edit to your suggested path. These choices get you the scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm doing this because this is a rare example of you needing major points to unlock a scene. It doesn't happen often, because I'm a nice guy. Aren't I? And there are other reasons for clarifying the path, that you'll discover in the endgame.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
With incest patch.
On good path with mom the drunk handjob
left of : in game, right of : is fixed.

I bet you don't care it's your sister's? : I bet you don't care it's your mother?

Reactions: inkalicious

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
With incest patch.
On good path with mom the drunk handjob
left of : in game, right of : is fixed.

I bet you don't care it's your sister's? : I bet you don't care it's your mother?
Ah, bollocks.

The incest patch works by overwriting text. It's a blunt tool with little elegance. In this case I've used the same phrase in different chapters, so it's overwritten the example above when it shouldn't have.

Thanks for the heads-up and I'll fix it next release.

hebbton

Sep 20, 2017
Played through the game today(with the mom/sister patch), was impressed and surprised by how good it was. Good visuals, good frequency of sex scenes and writing imo.
Started with a generic "MC is Pervy" but in a zombie apocalypse, but the quality of the writing on the other characters and their reactions to the MC makes the sex scenes a lot more believable/interesting.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Really fun and interesting game. Definitely going to keep up with it. On thing though. When Sam talks to you about the boys from the previous safe camp she says they were doing something illegal. Super nit picky and dumb but it's a lawless wasteland. I would use a term like against the rules of the camp or something. Still 10/10 and original.

Reactions: inkalicious

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/screens.rpy", line 357: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
style_prefix "main_menu"
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 550: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("About"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 591: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Save"))
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 598: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Load"))
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 720: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 888: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
predict False
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 977: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
default device = "keyboard"
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Nov 22 10:44:48 2019

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Ulcers huh? That's no joke. Alas, it's the price we pay to gain the power of the Dark Side.

Deleted member 1706148

Oct 12, 2019
I Really enjoyed the game so far as of ch.4 pt.1 & if there's anything i would like to point out is that maybe it's time to revisit the incest patch. There were a lot of times Sam still calls her mother by her name. I dunno if majority of people are okay with it but it kinda kills it for me. Not normal calling your mother by her name from where i'm from.

Other than that, everything falls into place (story wise) in my opinion. (y)

Reactions: Born2game

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I Really enjoyed the game so far as of ch.4 pt.1 & if there's anything i would like to point out is that maybe it's time to revisit the incest patch. There were a lot of times Sam still calls her mother by her name. I dunno if majority of people are okay with it but it kinda kills it for me. Not normal calling your mother by her name from where i'm from.

Other than that, everything falls into place (story wise) in my opinion. (y)
In the incest patch, the younger girl sometimes uses her Mom's name
This is intentional as she thinks it shows maturity to treat her Mom as a peer. However she'll use 'Mom' by accident, in emotional moments or when she's wanting something.

Apr 28, 2018
My only gripe with the game so far is a gallery would be dope. To rewatch scenes I have unlocked. My main peeve with games are where I have to play through and save before every scene, I never ever remember to do so. I've finished games where my last save was 15 minutes into the game. ='[

Reactions: marridreg

showmeyourbox

Jun 19, 2018
My only gripe with the game so far is a gallery would be dope. To rewatch scenes I have unlocked. My main peeve with games are where I have to play through and save before every scene, I never ever remember to do so. I've finished games where my last save was 15 minutes into the game. ='[
So much this.

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Really fun and interesting game. Definitely going to keep up with it. On thing though. When Sam talks to you about the boys from the previous safe camp she says they were doing something illegal. Super nit picky and dumb but it's a lawless wasteland. I would use a term like against the rules of the camp or something. Still 10/10 and original.
Good point and not nitpicking at all as I did deliberate slightly over how she'd describe this.

We can't know how long after the apocalypse starts that they're in this camp. It could be that it's not that lawless yet, especially where large groups gather.
Even if law had broken down, a camp would probably have a system in place. So in talking about it with the MC, who was there, she doesn't need to give context that it was camp law.
Sam was also younger and the boys stealing food, during an apocalypse, is like horse thievery in the wild west. So, in remembering the story, she uses 'old world' terminology to describe their end goal.

All in all I try to avoid too much exposition in the VN. Not when I get it all out here.

Reactions: Gods and Mister Ed

inkalicious

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
So much this.
I honestly never thought to include this feature.
I've seen it in game-type VNs, the ones where you usually have a bedroom and can click a computer / phone, but don't think I've seen it in a VN. Though it could be in all of them as I never use replay features.

At the moment, I won't be introducing it.
If I thought it'd add more to the experience I'd take some time to look at it, but I need to be sure it wouldn't need people to restart the story.

I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
I honestly never thought to include this feature.
I've seen it in game-type VNs, the ones where you usually have a bedroom and can click a computer / phone, but don't think I've seen it in a VN. Though it could be in all of them as I never use replay features.

At the moment, I won't be introducing it.
If I thought it'd add more to the experience I'd take some time to look at it, but I need to be sure it wouldn't need people to restart the story.

I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks for the suggestion.
A Scene Replay, CG Gallery and even a Sound Library is included in most Japanese VNs that came out in recent years. And those are mostly accessible from the main menu. Making one in Ren'py would mostly be Copy-Paste work. If the VN was made with the Replay feature in mind, then there are more elegant solutions.

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes