VN Ren'Py Abandoned Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Basically they are kept there until a new release comes out. Then it will be removed, same with abandoned if the dev picks it up again.

Reactions: Owl

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
I've returned with an update and some thoughts/comments on the recent chats here.

Firstly, my patrons* have voted for an early release of Chapter 5 content.
This will mean a Chapter 5: Part 1 will be available in the distant (but not as distant as a full Chapter) future.

Parts will not be an equal length and the first part's length will be determined by when I reach a good pause point, to leave you hungry/angry for more.

Which brings me to...

Chapter lengths and choices

Chapters have a life of their own and while I can chat stats with you all the day long, it's all subjective as Hell (lines of dialogue vs images vs choices, etc.). And it's going to 'get worse'.
For instance, Chapter 5 has two possible beginnings. In anyone's terms that's 'double' the work when perhaps only a few will ever see one path. Also certain relationships are now very different, so in the same scene there are many different dialogue paths and often image alternatives. No complaints, but choices are a click for users, a time sink for developers.

On choices. I'll try not to punish you, but the story needs its ups and downs.
I think the game (that got everyone upset) did a brave thing in terms of drama and an 'either or' choice. However I'm not going to do that, in those terms, but I do like to make seemingly simple choices matter.
Whether Marie gets the knife or not, it isn't the salvation to a life in the apocalypse, but it does matter for one moment. A moment that will affect a character much later.
I've also said it before. The results of your very first choice will only become apparent near the end. Again, I'm not going to punish you, but there are consequences.

Just like some people don't think through the real consequences of pregnancy...

*For those who don't know, I have a Patreon account, but it's closed and I'm simply fulfilling rewards to original patrons for the moment.
Nice, thanks for explaining your plans with the choices. Games that have choices always seem to be the hardest to develop and plan for (I've done it before and I really underestimated the work). I think "that game" also did something pretty ballsy although there was a ton of backlash, but in the end I can see why he did it. Ups and downs are often what are needed to try to keep the audience engaged, so whatever it is that happens, I'm in it for the full ride.

I can see your point about consequences, especially referring to the pregnancy point. It will create heavy obstacles for the characters and realistically just wouldn't make sense in an environment that constantly tests your survival skills. I'm not advocating for it, but if you're down for the idea, I'm open to it.

Thanks for the mini-update, stay safe and healthy!

johnd0esmith

Nov 23, 2018
When it started with all kinds “perv”, “dick”, “stop wanking on me”, “stop eyefucking me” it was really close to shut down the game because of all that common shit attached in countless games before.
But then when MC mounted both and especially his sis the game directed to the right course. Dialogs from now sounded reasonable, hot and good. Siblings suited themselves, enjoyed each others in all ways and it literally was hot as fuck. No more shitting, mincing, grimacing, just pleasure going.
If dev ever read this I’d like to see the story of Sam and Luke overall anyone else. The way they were described really had affection. The scene on rooftop was strong and lovely.
The story definitely needs to include a slight flavor not love may be, but certain affection binding by physical intercourses. MC’d keep staying on the line he does Sam, and Sam’d be more demanding and kinky with both their carnal desires.

Lilraya

Jul 28, 2018
It's been a while since there was news about the progress of the game... I hope it doesn't mean that game is getting abandoned. Because after the disapointment that was The Last of Us 2, I'm really into a good zombie game with an amazing story like this one just about now .-.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
It's been a while since there was news about the progress of the game... I hope it doesn't mean that game is getting abandoned. Because after the disapointment that was The Last of Us 2, I'm really into a good zombie game with an amazing story like this one just about now .-.
Yeah, Kindread's a good one. Looks like inkalicious is getting back in if you check the latest updates.

And if I may, if you want another "zombie" survivor title, check out Now & Then. I try to minimize shameless self promotion, but I figure the two titles are somewhat adjacent.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Get where you're coming from on TLoU2 but it's only been 3 - 4 weeks since the last news on this one
Don't go writing it off yet and keep in mind that Inkalicious does this for free
It'll be here when it's ready...

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
There was a 2nd TLOUS? Oh boy, I didn't know. The first game was written so well, I can't see how they can possibly screw up this new one. /S

Seriously though, yeah like the above post mentioned, keep your eye out on this one. The developer is working on it right now and frequently updates the forums on the status of the game. Hang in there and you'll get the taste of Golf Simulator 2 out of your system soon enough.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Yeah and the sex scenes are much better than TLOU2

14mm3

Feb 13, 2020
Where can I find chapter 1, 2 and 3?
Download is only for chapter 4 and there's no link for the other 3 chapters in the OP.
If I can't download the previous 3 chapters anywhere then I'm afraid I'll have to skip this game. Found chapter 2 and 3 on another site but both those had dead links. :/

EDIT: Just to clarify, when starting "Chapter 4" (the downloaded game), does it start at the beginning of the story (IE: chapter 1) or the beginning of "chapter 4"?

Last edited:

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
Where can I find chapter 1, 2 and 3?
Download is only for chapter 4 and there's no link for the other 3 chapters in the OP.
If I can't download the previous 3 chapters anywhere then I'm afraid I'll have to skip this game. Found chapter 2 and 3 on another site but both those had dead links. :/

EDIT: Just to clarify, when starting "Chapter 4" (the downloaded game), does it start at the beginning of the story (IE: chapter 1) or the beginning of "chapter 4"?
Starts at the beginning
All chapters are in the same download
It's the same deal for most games around here unless they get too big

Reactions: Abîme

HeroicLegend

Jan 13, 2019
Oh boy are you in for a doozie.

Minimize the pain by waiting for it to go on discount. Deep, deep discount.
I'd rather wait for it to be free for PSPLUS. I'm not giving them a single dollar. The way they disrespected the characters from the first game and how they ended the game was a bunch of bullshit. It's like, what's the point of gathering all of the infinity stones if you don't even snap the gauntlet at the end?

14mm3

Feb 13, 2020
Starts at the beginning
All chapters are in the same download
It's the same deal for most games around here unless they get too big
Alright. Thanks for answering.
Thought I was missing out on a lot of the story with some of the things that the characters referred to.

Nov 25, 2017
Alright. Thanks for answering.
Thought I was missing out on a lot of the story with some of the things that the characters referred to.
Yeah, the game has a few scenes where the characters do or say some odd things because there purposely isn't a lot of back story, but he still added personal traits to make it seem like the characters have known each other for a while before the game starts. A lot of people point how the daughter still refers to her mom by her first name even with the incest patch applied and the dev explained it's supposed to be that she just likes calling her by her name instead of mom.

Aug 14, 2018
[...] A lot of people point how the daughter still refers to her mom by her first name even with the incest patch applied and the dev explained it's supposed to be that she just likes calling her by her name instead of mom.
I was quite surprised by that to be honest. Is it really that uncommon around the world for children to address their parents by their first name?

4.60 star(s) 89 Votes